Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

5 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Are you planning to cert at the gripmas still? I have been hearing the current 3.5 are the hardest they have been around the low 180 range. I don't doubt you will smash it no matter how hard it is, I hope you get the chance to take the record on grippers also for block set. I would love to see that at the Arizona contest where there should be some grippers in the low 200 range. 

Also have you noticed that with your gripper strength going up that thickbar strength has increased also? I just notice that a lot of strong grip guys tend to have fairly strong thickbar strength also. 

Ya, I’m going to try at gripmas. My crush is stronger than ever and I’m an adrenaline junkie. If I take my time and warm up right and hit that zone like I did for MM7, my crush gets pretty insane. That second close of the MM7 was perfect. It felt so dam easy. The surge of powerful was unreal. No matters what happens I’ll give it everything I have. This may be black out effort and I’m fully prepared to go there.

my goal for the Arizona comp in April is to close John Eaton’s 199 #4 with a 20 mm block set. It will move me from third to second on the list. After that I want to chase Durniat’s record. He’s a friend of mine and I told him I’m gunning for it. 

My thick bar is the strongest it’s ever been. I think I finally figured out how best to balance grippers and thickbar. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

Very exciting stuff! I have no doubt you’ll dominate that defenseless gripper!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I believe he's injured and needs surgery, he mentioned it somewhere 

1 minute ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Oh no! If so i wish you a fast recovery.

Yep. I’m injured at the moment guys. I’m still lifting but I have to stay away from grip for a bit while I heal. I’ll be back. Still tons of fight and no quit in me. I have come back stronger from every injury and I plan to do the same this time 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Stau positiv and keep fighting Chez!

Always! Thanks buddy 

• Like 1

Stay strong brother.  Heal up quick!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Stay strong brother.  Heal up quick!

Thanks Mike. It will be hard resting but I’ll keep focused on my goals and attack them when I’m healed up 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Royz said:

Damn so close to getting certed. How did you get injured Chez?

Hey Royz. I hurt myself on the tips tester at a friends comp. it was the first time I touched the thing and I grabbed it incorrectly. So I have a new rule, I’m not competing and/or maxing out on something I don’t have experience with. I’m also not competing on events I’m not comfortable with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Hey Royz. I hurt myself on the tips tester at a friends comp. it was the first time I touched the thing and I grabbed it incorrectly. So I have a new rule, I’m not competing and/or maxing out on something I don’t have experience with. I’m also not competing on events I’m not comfortable with. 

Sorry to hear this. Such a shame when you were so close on reaching your goal. I'm sure you'll get back, I wish you the best of luck in the future and I think your plan is smart. Get back stronger and keep slaying big grippers man!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Sorry to hear this. Such a shame when you were so close on reaching your goal. I'm sure you'll get back, I wish you the best of luck in the future and I think your plan is smart. Get back stronger and keep slaying big grippers man!

Thanks bud. This definitely isn’t the end for me. I view strength training as a metaphor for life and it’s helped me through difficult times. Just like in life, we face obstacles in training that we have to overcome. I’ll learn from this and use it as motivation to get better 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Thanks bud. This definitely isn’t the end for me. I view strength training as a metaphor for life and it’s helped me through difficult times. Just like in life, we face obstacles in training that we have to overcome. I’ll learn from this and use it as motivation to get better 

I see it the same exact way. Only thing that will stop me is death.

Sorry to hear you weren’t able to complete this cert in 2018 Chez! 2019 has got to be the year you nail this. All the best in your recovery. 

Edited by Bornintothe
Typos.
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

This is interesting. I share the same view. People around me often tell me how impressed they are of my dedication and how surprised they are of my ability to take myself to the gym constantly year after year, week after week. They fail to realize that what they simply see as a means to an end to get more healthy, sexually appealing or whatever I view as a way of life and I laugh inside everytime it's time to hit the gym. Aside from family nothing else brings me the same joy. 

... On second thought maybe this wasn't your point, but whatever :D

100% my point. Strength is in my DNA. Just as blood flows through my veins. It’s not work to me. It’s pure pleasure .

4 hours ago, Chez said:

Did it slip out of your hand and injure a ligament in one of your fingers?  That's what happened to me a couple years ago.  I use extreme caution on the tips tester ever since.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

100% my point. Strength is in my DNA. Just as blood flows through my veins. It’s not work to me. It’s pure pleasure .

Yep. I have a friend who calls it the “iron gene.” It’s who we are

51 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

Did it slip out of your hand and injure a ligament in one of your fingers?  That's what happened to me a couple years ago.  I use extreme caution on the tips tester ever since.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks! It didn’t slip. I grabbed it wrong. I should have did more research on proper technique. It was two weeks after King Kong and I didn’t prepare for it correctly which was a stupid mistake. 

Edited by Chez

On 1/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, Bornintothe said:

Sorry to hear you weren’t able to complete this cert in 2018 Chez! 2019 has got to be the year you nail this. All the best in your recovery. 

Somehow I missed this post. Thanks for the kind words buddy. I actually went to a doctor today for a second opinion and it was way more positive than the first so it was good news day and picked my spirits up.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chez said:

Somehow I missed this post. Thanks for the kind words buddy. I actually went to a doctor today for a second opinion and it was way more positive than the first so it was good news day and picked my spirits up.

Watch it with the spirits, you booze you lose

3 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Watch it with the spirits, you booze you lose

Drinking wine 🍷 right now because I’m classly like that 

• Like 1