Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Time to update the log. I'm 3 workouts behind. 

Saturday 5/5/18

Met up with NYC crew for a pinch session

Standing Overhead Barbell Press

140 lbs - 5x

165 lbs - 5x

185 lbs - 7x

Euro Two Hand Pinch

190 lbs - 3 singles

180 lbs - double

175 lbs - 2 doubles

165 lbs - 2 triples

- A couple of us were struggling on the Euro today. It might be the heat and humidity. My thumbs were also tearing

47.5 lb Legacy Blob

5 singles each hand

Cannon Powers Dynamic Pony Clamp 2 Two Hand Pinch

Clamp and all rubber bands that came with it - 5 sets of 20x

Sunday 5/6/18

- I went to a friend's place in the city after the training session yesterday to watch the NBA playoffs and got home late. I also woke up late so I had only a short time to workout because we have a family party today. Its gripper day though and I had to get it in.

Squats 

225 lbs - 10x

225 lbs - 2 sets of 8x. These sets were more about activating my CNS. I purposely didn't go all out to save the energy for gripper.  

Right Hand MMS Grippers

- Today the plan was to try my Super Elite for a triple. 

186 lb MM3 Replica - single. Got it but not as dominating as usual. This is when I noticed that my CNS wasn't firing like I wanted it to. Probably because I was out late and woke up late and knew I had to rush the workout. I knew I had to turn this around.

194 lb Super Elite - Single. Got it but again not as dominating as I wanted. I have noticed that closing a big gripper like this before my max effort set works well for me. It wakes me up and gets my CNS going most of the time. I think it makes my body realize its time to fight. Going to try one more

194 lb Super Elite - Single. Better. Still not great but its not going to get any better today. I risk fatigue going for another before attempting the triple.

194 lb Super Elite - Triple! Got it! That was tough. Took a lot out of me. Video of the triple above. I definitely wasn't at my best today but I'm happy that I got that on a day when I felt less than 100%. My base level strength has really improved.

194 lb Super Elite - Double. I wanted another triple but fatigue is definitely setting in. 

194 lb Super Elite - single. 

176 lb MM3 replica - single. bad set and I busted open a cut on my pinky.

174 lb RB 280 - triple

174 lb RB 280 - 2 doubles

165 lb Elite - 4 triples

- My hand is shot at this point.  

Right Hand RBA Negatives 

- Decided to go lighter than normal and do longer holds. The previous gripper work really tired me out. 

Level 6-6 - 4 negatives with 10 second holds

Monday 5/7/18

Don't normally workout Monday nights but I have to make up for some of the stuff I missed yesterday since I was in such a rush

Lat Pull Downs

- 2 warm up sets

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x 

Lying Hamstring Curls

110 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

Cable Rows

170 lbs - 10x

190 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 10x

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

- 2 warm up sets

45 lb DBs - 8x each arm

50 lb DBs - 8x each arm 

55 lb DBs - 8x each arm

Machine Rear Laterals

100 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

Hyperextensions

body weight - 3 sets of 10x

Seated Calf Raises

90 lbs - 3 sets of 20x

Extensors 

Red + White IM band - 4 sets of 50x each hand

Note - Really happy with the way training is going. I feel like I made a breakthrough on grippers and got to the next level. I'm targeting June after the NAGS championship to attempt the MM7. Would like a 195 lb 20 mm block set close at the comp. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Great bench and tricep workout tonight. Starting another bench program tonight and like all programs it starts light so I made it tougher by throwing in paused reps. 

Bench Press

5 progressively heavier warm up sets. Going to start doing more warm ups to get the chest and shoulders loose. 

245 lbs - 2 sets of triples

245 lbs - 2 sets of triples with all reps paused 

275 lbs - paused single 

185 lbs - 19 reps. Halfway up on the 20th. Tris didn’t want to straight on that last one. Cardio reps haha

Incline Bench Press

2 warm up sets

225 lbs - 5x

245 lbs - 3x

255 lbs - 2x. Halfway up on the 3rd. Got out of the groove because I thought I was going to hit the pins 

Floor Bench Press from dead stop

225 lbs - I lost count but 5-8 reps as explosive as possible 

255 lbs - 3x explosive as possible 

275 lbs - 3x

Skull Crushers EZ Curl Bar 

80 lbs - 8x

100 lbs - 8x

120 lbs - 8x

• Like 1

Had a dynamic warmup to start the day off. Picked up a leather recliner and then brought it up the Stairs to my co-op on the top floor. I don’t have an elevator in my building but at least my building isn’t that tall and it’s only the 4th floor. So i was a tad tired before even going to the gym. Here’s today’s workout:

3 warm up sets

155 lbs - 3x 

175 lbs - 3x

195 lbs - 4x. I wanted 5 but I was already tired from picking up the recliner and I had to start my NN warmups before this because the gym was packed and got the press station by luck being there at the right place at the right time so good enough. 

Lying Hmastring Curls

110 lbs - 3 sets of 10x. Did these also while waiting for the press station to open up. 

Naplam’s Nightmare 2 3/8”

several warm up sets 

295 lbs in plates - 4 singles with long holds. I wanted to go heavier put knew max power wasn’t there today at this point so I decided to go lighter and just hold the weight longer. 

270 lbs in plates - 3 doubles

250 lbs in plates - 3 triples

250 lbs in plates - 3 singles with 10 second holds at the top 

Cable Rows with NN 2 3/8”

190 lbs - 3 sets of 8x

Lat Pull Downs With NN 2 3/8”

150 lbs - 10x 

160 lbs - 2 sets of 8x

• Like 1

I was so dam tired at work yesterday that I left early and got a chance to close my eyes for 1.5 hrs before the gym. I was able to snap out of the sleepy state and have a good chest and arms workout:

Bench Press

5 warm ups sets

245 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 4x

245 lbs - 4x

245 lbs - 3x

285 lbs - 1x

195 lbs - 19x. Took 10 seconds and got another 2 reps (my buddy's idea). Pretty happy with that since I match my reps from last time with more weight after more reps/weight on the previous sets as well. 

Incline Bench Press

My buddy suggested to try something different here. Every rep was lowered slow (5 seconds eccentric) and then lifted as explosive as possible. This makes light weight feel heavier. 

135 lbs - 5x

185 lbs - 5x

205 lbs - 4x with an assisted 5th rep

225 lbs - 2x and assisted 3rd rep

245 lbs - assisted rep. Triceps are trashed now. 

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

Several light warm ups on the machine preacher curl first

45 lb DBs - 8x each arm

50 lb DBs - 2 sets of 8x each arm

Machine Preacher Curls

100 lbs - 3 sets of 8x

Machine Overhead Extensions

70 lbs - 10x

80 lbs - 2 sets of 10x 

- This weekend is my last grip training before the NAGS championship on 6/2. I have been planning out my MM7 attempt and I think I'm going for it the weekend of 6/23 as long as training is on point. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Time to update the log with this weekend's training:

Saturday 5/19/18

3 warm up sets

165 lbs - 5x

185 lbs - 3x

205 lbs - 3x. Happy with that

Flask 2 Hand Pinch (My Slick Flask)

several warm up sets

166 lbs - 2 singles

176 lbs - 2 singles

161 lbs - 3 doubles

146 lbs - 3 triples

141 lbs - 3 singles with 10 second holds

Single Hand Cannon Pony Clamp Dynamic Pinch

Base Clamp - 10 reps each ahnd

Double Hand Cannon Pony Clamp Dynamic Pinch

Clamp + 7 Rubber Bands - 3 sets of 20x

Double Hand Cannon Pony Clamp Dynamic Key Pinch

Base Clamp - 2 sets of 15x, 1 set of 20x

Machine Rear Laterals

120 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

- Felt strong on this today

Machine Single Arm Bicep Curls

140 lbs - 3 sets of 8x each arm

Sunday 5/20/18

- Last Gripper Workout before the NAGS Championship

Hamstring Curls 

125 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

Leg Extensions

110 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

190 lbs - 2 sets of 10x

Right Hand MMS Grippers

several warm up sets

186 lb MM3 Replica - Single

194.5 lb Super Elite - Single

194.5 lb Super Elite - 4 Straight Doubles! Feeling Dam Strong!

194.5 lb Super Elite - Single. Wanted another double but fatigue is setting in. I think this is the most volume I have done with this gripper in one workout.

180 lb COC #3.5 - double

180 lb COC #3.5 - Single. Fatiguing too much for a double 

174 lb RB 280 - 2 doubles

172 lb COC #3.5 - 2 triples

165 lb Elite - triple

Right Hand RBA Negatives

Setting 6-6 - 10 second hold

Setting 6-7 - 10 second hold

Setting 7-7 - 10 second hold

Lat Pull Downs

2 warm up sets

180 lbs - 8x

190 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x

Cable Rows

190 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

230 lbs - 8x

Hyper extensions 

Body Weight - 2 sets of 10x

BW + 25 lb Plate - 3 sets of 8x

- My Crush Feels so dam strong. Stronger than ever. The goal for NAGS is a 195 lb Gripper 20 mm block close. It will put me in 2nd on the NAGS list (I'm currently 3rd) and give me confidence going after the MM7. Going to do some extensions before bed

terminator.jpg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

My buddy couldn’t make the gym tonight so I was on my own but I still had a great chest and tricep workout:

Bench Press

5 warm up sets

245 lbs - 4 sets of 4x. Super easy

290 lbs - Dominating single. This felt insanely easy. Easiest this weight has ever felt. I had a friend spot me and as soon as I started pressing it I started laughing and talking shit. My buddy asked why I bothered calling him to spot and said I should have tried reps but I told him I have a grip comp up and don’t want to risk injury. Really happy with how this felt. 

205 lbs - 17 reps. Really happy about that also. Getting stronger!

Incline Hammer Strength Press

115 lbs each side - 10 reps

135 lbs each side - 2 sets of 5x

Decline Bench Press

225 lbs - 8x, 5x, 4x. Tris got tired at the end and I didn’t have a spot so I decided not to push it 

Deck Deck Fly Machine

2 warm up sets

210 lbs - 10x

230 lbs - 10x

250 lbs (whole stack) - 10x

- really want to see if working this machine will help my Gripper set strength. I think it will.

1 Arm Machine Tricep Extensions

2 warm up sets 

110 lbs - 4 sets of 10x each arm 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Very strong mr. Chez, you are on a roll lately. 

Yep, might as well call me "butter" because i'm on a roll. haha. Thanks man. Ya, I'm really happy that I'm in a great groove. Gotta ride it while it last. 

"You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all"

• Like 1

Time to update the log with the two workouts this weekend. I had a wedding on Saturday so I didn't get to train Saturday like I normally do and of course there was an open bar and dancing all night long (ya, I can't dance and I'm a big goof but I force my self on the dance floor for my fiancee). 

Sunday 5/27/18

- Went to the gym late after errands during the day and I was hung over from the wedding so not my best. 

2 warm up sets

145 lbs - 5x

165 lbs - 5x

190 lbs - 5x. bare min reps required under the program. I wanted more but I'm not 100% today so not pushing it. happy to get the min reps today considering 

Machine Rear Laterals

120 lbs - 10x

130 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Bicep Curls

2 warm up sets

40 lb DBs - 10x each arm

45 lb DBs - 10x each arm

50 lb DBs - 10x each arm

Hamstring Curls

110 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

Machine Crunches

95 lbs - 3 sets of 20x

Monday 5/28/18

Lat Pull Downs

2 warm up sets

190 lbs - 8x

200 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

Cable Rows

190 lbs - 10x

210 lbs - 10x

230 lbs - 10x

Hyperextensions

Body weight - 8x

Body weight + 35 lb Plate - 3 sets of 8x

Seated Calf Raises 

45 lbs + apparatus - 30x, 2 sets of 20x

Straight leg Calf Raises on Incline

Body weight + 100 lbs - 20x

Body Weight + 60 lbs - 2 sets of 20x

- My calf has been super stiff and sore lately so going light on calf work.  

Leg Extensions

110 lbs - 10x

125 lbs - 10x

140 lbs - 10x

155 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 10x

- Wednesday will be my last workout before the NAGS championship on Saturday. There are currently two other guys in the my weight class (120+ KG). Apparently they are giants. From what I hear, I'm going to be the little guy in the class at 6'2" 280 lbs. I'm practically a manlet 🤣

Edited by Chez

Had my last training session before the NAGS championship last night. Hit Chest and Arms with my friend. We went later than usual so we could eat dinner first. Really good session:

Bench Press

5 warm up sets

245 lbs = 4x

245 lbs = 5x

245 lbs = 5x

245 lbs = 4x

295 lbs = 1x. Funny thing happen on this. My shoulders slide backwards on the bench mid press so I had to pause mid way and adjust and I still locked it out easy. Def means I'm getting stronger since I was able to get it easy with a mess up.

215 lbs = 15x. This was the goal for reps and I got it. 

Incline Bench Press

1 warm up set

225 lbs = 3x

245 lbs = 3x

255 lbs = 3x felt real solid. I couldn't have gotten at least 1 more. 

90 lbs each side = 8x

115 lbs each side = 8x

135 lbs each side = 6x

Super set - V Bar Trciep Press down and Overhead Machine Tricep extension

Set 1 - 10x/10x

Set 2 - 15x/10x

Set 3 - 15x/10x

- Numbers were rubbed off on the pulley stack and we were moving fast so I don't the weight but each set got heavier. No rest between the two exercises each set. 

Giant Set - Rope Pulley Hammer Curls, Straight Bar Pulley Curls and Machine Preachers

Set 1 - 10x/10x/10x

Set 2 - 10x/10x/10x

Set 3 - 10x/10x/10x

- Again, I couldn't tell the weight on cable stack and we were moving fast so I don't know the Machine weight. No rest between the 3 exercises per set. 

- Really Great Arm pump from this workout. My Triceps were thrashed. 

- Resting till the NAGS championship Saturday.  My next log entry will be my post comp write up. Only goal for the comp is hitting a 195 lb 20mm block gripper close. 

• Like 2

ah man. I was so tired at the beginning of this week coming back from the NAGS Championship and I had tons of stuff to do waiting for me at work. I won't to give a detailed write up of the comp but I'll probably do it this weekend when I have more time. I won't to stay current with the log though. I had a really great chest and triceps workout last night with my friend. Here is what I did:

Bench Press

5 warm ups sets

245 lbs - 4 sets of 5x. Easy money. Weight was flying off my chest

300 lbs - 1x. Ya buddy. I think this is my first time benching 300 in a while do to the bicep tear and some shoulder issues etc. Its not a lot for someone my size (I feel that is the case with most things because I'm kind of big) but I'm happy that I continue to move in the right direction. Here is the funny thing. I missed my first attempt at this because we were using a bench that had the Donnie Thompson Fat Pad which I thought would be cool to try but I found out I really don't like it. Its just too wide and felt awkward to get in tight position. So I went back to the bench we have been using and tried again and got it no problem. 

Incline Bench Press

1 warm up set

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 2 sets of 3x

2 Board Press Bench Press

1 warm up set

255 lbs - 5x

275 lbs - 3x

305 lbs - 2x and half way up on the 3rd. My buddy wanted me to go higher and my tris were tired at this point so I need a spot with the 3rd

275 lbs - 5x

Overhead Triceps Extension Machine and Rope Press down Super sets

5 super sets of 8-10 reps on each exercise with no rest in between. Again not paying attention to the weight. Just following my friend and doing the weight he chose and adjusting when needed because my tris got trashed at the end. 

- Love this is bench press groove right now. riding the momentum. My hands feel recovered so I'm going to try and hit pinch Saturday and grippers Sunday. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chez said:

ah man. I was so tired at the beginning of this week coming back from the NAGS Championship and I had tons of stuff to do waiting for me at work. I won't to give a detailed write up of the comp but I'll probably do it this weekend when I have more time. I won't to stay current with the log though. I had a really great chest and triceps workout last night with my friend. Here is what I did:

Bench Press

5 warm ups sets

245 lbs - 4 sets of 5x. Easy money. Weight was flying off my chest

300 lbs - 1x. Ya buddy. I think this is my first time benching 300 in a while do to the bicep tear and some shoulder issues etc. Its not a lot for someone my size (I feel that is the case with most things because I'm kind of big) but I'm happy that I continue to move in the right direction. Here is the funny thing. I missed my first attempt at this because we were using a bench that had the Donnie Thompson Fat Pad which I thought would be cool to try but I found out I really don't like it. Its just too wide and felt awkward to get in tight position. So I went back to the bench we have been using and tried again and got it no problem. 

Incline Bench Press

1 warm up set

225 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 2 sets of 3x

2 Board Press Bench Press

1 warm up set

255 lbs - 5x

275 lbs - 3x

305 lbs - 2x and half way up on the 3rd. My buddy wanted me to go higher and my tris were tired at this point so I need a spot with the 3rd

275 lbs - 5x

Overhead Triceps Extension Machine and Rope Press down Super sets

5 super sets of 8-10 reps on each exercise with no rest in between. Again not paying attention to the weight. Just following my friend and doing the weight he chose and adjusting when needed because my tris got trashed at the end. 

- Love this is bench press groove right now. riding the momentum. My hands feel recovered so I'm going to try and hit pinch Saturday and grippers Sunday. 

Nice getting back to 300lb on bench after bicep tear! Also, really good incline pressing and keep hammering those triceps

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Nice getting back to 300lb on bench after bicep tear! Also, really good incline pressing and keep hammering those triceps

Thanks bud. It’s been a long road so just enjoying the progress 

• Like 1

Great weekend of training. I have to catch up on the log tomorrow but my Gripper session went great today. And only a week after NAGS. I signed up for the MM7. Going to try it the weekend of June 23rd like originally planned. I’m pumped. It’s time 

• Like 5

argh. fallen behind in the log again. still training. status quo in training right now. trying to keep sharp but not over exert myself. Honestly, all i can think about is the mm7. think I will wait till cert day to start logging again. right now I'm planning for the late afternoon June 24th for my attempts. once the cert is over I will switch my attention to the king kong grip comp at the end of October. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, patrickmeniru said:

Good luck! (Also, v.strong overhead press work, 195 x 4 is no joke!!)

Thanks bud. I actually got 200x4 last set this week after being at the beach all day and having the sun drain my energy. I just have been lazy this week updating the log. Pressing is moving in the right direction. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Ya, so I have been lazy with the log this past week. I had a horrible bench session last week because I got to the gym super tired and couldn't engage. Much better session last night:

Bench Press

5 warm up sets

245 lbs - 3 sets of 3x. ya, I kept the volume lower than normal here because I wanted to save the energy for the single since I got caught half way up last week. 

305 lbs - 1x. me buddy told me to get pumped as if it was Sunday and I was going for the MM7. That got me going. I threw this up. It moved fast 

225 lbs - 13x

Incline Dumbbell Bench 

85 lb DBs - 5x

95 lb DBs - 5x

110 lb DBs - 7x

Decline Bench Press

225 lbs - 3 sets of 5x

Straight Bar Triceps Pushdown

75 lbs - 3 sets of 10x

1 Arm Machine Triceps Extensions 

110 lbs - 12x, 10x, 8x, each arm. 

- I'm training pinch with the NYC crew on Saturday. My best crush sessions are always the day right after pinch. Sunday I'm set to attempt the MM7. I have been visualizing all week. I'm chopping at the bit to attempt this gripper. I'm going to bring so much effort. Its going to be like when I browned out during my MM3 attempt. Anthony is going to film for me and we are doing it at my work gym which is always empty on the weekends especially late afternoon when we are doing it. With no one around, I don't have to hold back. If I give everything I have, I'll be happy no matter the outcome. My name will be on that list eventually no matter what. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Been working out but not posting. The workouts have been going great in general though. The only thing that really matters this week is that I accomplished a huge goal of mine and became the 5th man to officially close the Mash Monster Level 7 gripper. I'm just super happy right now. It couldn't have gone any better. My warm was perfect. Everything felt incredibly easy. My CNS was firing 100%. I was the strongest I have ever been on the day that mattered the most. I have been training over 2.5 years since my bicep tear for this moment. I closed it 3 straight times. I'm happy but not satisfied. I know I have more in me. I'm leaving for a cruise tomorrow and won't have internet. When I come home I'm going to focus on training for the King Kong grip comp and the MM8. I'll be logging my workouts regularly again. I have great momentum right now and I want to ride the wave. Its been posted everywhere, but here is the certification video because I like to keep all my major accomplishments in my log. 

and after the MM7 closes, I closed my friends brand new Super Elite which has never been closed before to test it out for him:

The have a great gym on the cruise ship by the way :)

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Why have an RGC rig when you have Chez as a friend? :D 

Great close on the Super Elite as well.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 4:07 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Why have an RGC rig when you have Chez as a friend? :D 

Great close on the Super Elite as well.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:57 AM, Geralt said:

Missed it completely! Huge man, congrats!

Thanks guys. Just got back from the cruise. Had a great time and hit the ship’s gym 4 times to stay sharp. Hit some grip also since I brought my yes 4 all grips (like fat gripz) and did plate wrist curls and reverse curls. Tomorrow is right hand grippers though and I’m chopping at the bit to hit them. Tomorrow I start the journey to the MM8 and the King Kong grip comp. I can’t wait till tomorrow! Going to be so much fun! 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My first week back from vacation has been rough. I came back and had lots to do at work and I felt sick on top of it. I had a bad case of vertigo and nausea adjusting back to land from the cruise. I have been working out but not logging because the workouts haven't been great and I haven't felt like myself. Tonight I finally started to feel like my normal self. I hit chest and arms at the gym. I decided to restart my workout cycles and lower the weights so I can ramp up again and peak in late fall for the King Kong grip comp and see if I can get to MM8 levels. Time to start logging again. Here is what I did:

Bench Press

5 Warm Up Sets

245 lbs - 3x

245 lbs - 4x

245 lbs - 4x

245 lbs - 3x

270 lbs - 5x. Easy. that is enough tonight though. I'm not going all out now. I'll ramp up over the coming weeks and raise the intensity. 

190 lbs - 19x, needed a spot on the 20th rep. My triceps are tired now. 

115 lbs each side - 3 sets of 8x

Decline Bench Press

225 lbs - 5x

205 lbs - 2 sets of 5x. triceps are shot. 

Single Arm Machine Triceps Extensions

125 lbs - 10x each arm

125 lbs - 2 sets of 8x each arm

Single Arm Machine Bicep Curls

140 lbs - 3 sets of 8x each arm

Note - Time to get back in the groove! pinch and right hand grippers this weekend!

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Argh. Been training but lazy and not logging. Time to fix that. Let’s start with last nights training:

Bench Press

5 warm up sets

245 lbs - 4 sets of 4x

280 lbs - 5x

200 lbs - 15x

115 lbs each side - 5x

125 lbs each side - 5x

140 lbs each side - 3x

Flask one hand pinch

76 lbs - 3 singles each hand 

61 lbs - double each hand. Too easy

66 lbs - 2 doubles each hand

56 lbs - 3 triples each hand

- went light on the flask because my thumb skin was beat up and I didn’t want it to tear

Pec Deck Fly Machine 

210 lbs - 10x

230 lbs - 10x

250 lbs (while stack) - 10x

One Arm Machine Curls

2 warms ups

140 lbs - 3 sets of 10x each side 

One Arm Machine Triceps extensions 

125 lbs - 3 sets of 10x each side 

Cannon Dynamic Phony Clamp 2HP

All regular bands + IM blue and green - 5 sets of 20x

• Like 2

Don’t normally workout twice in a row during the week but we are helping friends move this weekend so I had to move a weekend workout to last night:

2 warm up sets

140 lbs - 5x

160 lbs - 5x

180 lbs - 7x. I had more in me but I decided to save it since I’m hitting grippers this workout and I just did chest yesterday 

Machine Real Laterals

130 lbs - 8x

140 lbs - 8x

150 lbs - 8x

Leg Extensions 

130 lbs - 10x

150 lbs - 10x

170 lbs - 2 sets of 10x

190 lbs - 8x

210 lbs - 8x

Right Hand MMS Grippers

several warmups 

194.5 Super Elite - single

198 Grand Elite - 2 Misses but super close both times. This gripper is nasty hard. I think it’s the stuff set that makes it feel harder than the rating. I have to be Rested and on to close it. But these were great attempts considering its late on a weekend day after work. I need get to the point where I close this gripper every time like my SE right now. 

194.5 super elite - 2 singles. That’s enough. The GE attempts took a lot out of me 

176 MM 3 - double 

174 RB 280 - 3 doubles 

172 COC 3.5 - triple 

165 elite - 3 triples 

- happy with the gripper work. Slowly raising the intensity 

Right Hand RBA Negatives 

hard spring 

settings 6-6, 6-7, 7-7, 7-8 - negatives with 5 second holds 

Going to start pushing these more While staying safe 

Lying Hamstring Curls

125 lbs - 2 sets of 8x

110 lbs - 8x