Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Trained right hand crush for the first time since the injury and it was really pitiful. I didn't go all out obviously but still. I have my work cut out for me to get back to where I was. I have done very little with the arm so its weak. Going to train right hand grippers twice a week in the beginning since I'm using light grippers anyway. Hopefully muscle/tendon memory kicks in.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Trained right hand crush for the first time since the injury and it was really pitiful. I didn't go all out obviously but still. I have my work cut out for me to get back to where I was. I have done very little with the arm so its weak. Going to train right hand grippers twice a week in the beginning since I'm using light grippers anyway. Hopefully muscle/tendon memory kicks in.

Pitiful?? highly doubt it man...Your Chez...destroyer of grippers...maniac of mashing ...I have faith in you bro...once that right hand starts firing on all cylinders and remembers its job of wrecking grippers shut, i see you getting back in the swing no problem...if your left can still tns #3's, your right will come back angry as ever as well...Keep rolling 'er Chez!

• Like 1

Pitiful?? highly doubt it man...Your Chez...destroyer of grippers...maniac of mashing ...I have faith in you bro...once that right hand starts firing on all cylinders and remembers its job of wrecking grippers shut, i see you getting back in the swing no problem...if your left can still tns #3's, your right will come back angry as ever as well...Keep rolling 'er Chez!

Thanks dude.

I'm moving in the right direction. I started to do some light lifting with the repaired arm this past weekend. It felt good to do something with it. I'm starting slow but its exciting. I also moved up 2 gripper levels with my right hand crush from the previous workout. I will get past this and be even better than before. I'm way too stubborn to stop.

• Like 4

Thanks dude.

I'm moving in the right direction. I started to do some light lifting with the repaired arm this past weekend. It felt good to do something with it. I'm starting slow but its exciting. I also moved up 2 gripper levels with my right hand crush from the previous workout. I will get past this and be even better than before. I'm way too stubborn to stop.

Your welcome man...Do you feel any negative stress on the repair when your hitting grippers right hand?

Thanks dude.

Your welcome man...Do you feel any negative stress on the repair when your hitting grippers right hand?

Nah, but I am being cautious and holding back. Last workout, I could have probably went even higher but I decided 2 level jumps was good enough. I only started setting last workout and it was slight so almost no set. Setting big grippers is probably the only part of crush training which could hurt the arm right now since I use a lot of upper body power to set.

Welcome back dude

Thanks man. Good to be back!

• Like 2

Another great training session today with right hand crush. I jumped up another 2 gripper levels and it felt easy. I could have went up another step but I decided to hold off for next week. There is something so natural to closing grippers. It feels like my hands were meant for them. I used more of a set this workout but still wider than mms. I finished off with some tns closes. I also trained my legs. Feeling good. 10 weeks post surgery.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

Good to see you back Chez.

Thanks bud. I plan on putting detail back in this log once my arm is fully healed. I need to get back on track.

Another great training session today with right hand crush. I jumped up another 2 gripper levels and it felt easy. I could have went up another step but I decided to hold off for next week. There is something so natural to closing grippers. It feels like my hands were meant for them. I used more of a set this workout but still wider than mms. I finished off with some tns closes. I also trained my legs. Feeling good. 10 weeks post surgery.

Glad to see your making a strong comeback...I'd say you got a "groove" with grippers to say the least. Lol

Glad to see your making a strong comeback...I'd say you got a "groove" with grippers to say the least. Lol

Thanks buddy. Definitely hitting my stride. Today I took another big step forward and got my first COC #3 MMS closes with the repaired arm. They all felt super easy. It was one of my easier #3s though. Here is a video of one of the closes:

Gotta keep moving forward and build upon the momentum while being cautious. 11 Weeks posts surgery.

• Like 6

Awesome dude...wrecked a #3 like it was a trainer!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took the weekend off from training due to the snow storm we had in ny. Planning on making it up during the week. Good news is that I went to the doctor today and he said I didn't need another appointment. I get to graduate to bicep work with 5-10 lb Dumbbells. I have to stay in that range for 1 month then increase the weight 15-20 percent each week. Almost there. Bicep is looking great. I also found out that I am going to be a red nail judge this upcoming weekend. Should be fun.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 7

Pretty great weekend. I got a raise and bonus from my job so that extra money hit my paycheck Friday. That fat paycheck put me in a good mood all weekend. Now I can finally finish the renovations on my place. Also, the red nail certification went great on Saturday. The guy killed the red in around 27 seconds and got it to under 1.5 inches.

After the certification Saturday, I did left hand pinch, legs and low back. My pinch was a little off but I pushed through the workout anyway.

The great workout was today where my right hand crush continues to make a comeback post surgery. I took the number #3 I closed MMS last time and did a GHP Block set close with it right hand super easy. I then did multiple MMS singles right hand with my next hardest #3. I could have went even higher but I decided this was good enough. Progress is coming quickly and I don't want to get greedy and risk re-injury. I have been hitting a post surgery PR every time so I can't complain. I then dropped down for doubles and triples and finished off with TNS work.

Here is the video of the GHP block set #3 close right hand:

13 Weeks post surgery

• Like 5

Nice close bro, you're coming along great. Get a little chalk on that floor! :D

• Like 1

You know what? I think you could do well with grippers! :sorcerer:

haha. I might have a chance.......hopefully my genetics don't hold me back

• Like 2

Great leg, lower back and crush session today. I worked up to three COC #3 CCS singles. MY first ones since the surgery. I then jumped up grippers for 5 MMS singles, then down for 3 sets of MMS triples then down again for 3 sets of TNS closes.

Here is the second #3 CCS single:

Step by step I'm getting back to my old self. Gotta keep working hard

14 Weeks post surgery

• Like 5

Keep it up man! The MM title is already there and muscle memory is kicking in already!

• Like 3

Thanks fellas. Another great gripper workout today. I worked up to my first COC #3 right hand no set close since the surgery. I then did some CCS work and got a new post surgery PR there to. After the CCS work I moved up in grippers for MMS Singles (hit a post surgery MMS PR also :)) and doubles. Then dropped down for MMS triples and No set triples/doubles.

Here is the COC #3 no set close. No the best video. I'm not super happy with the angle. It was hard to get a good still. but I felt the close. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 10