Chez

8/30/14

Flat Bench Press

120 lbs = 5 reps

150 lbs = 5 reps

180 lbs = 3 reps

225 lbs = 5 reps

255 lbs = 3 reps

285 lbs = 1 rep. I was going to go for a second but I lost my balance and didn't feel comfortable so I stopped there.

Incline Bench Press

177.5 lbs = 5 reps

205 lbs = 5 reps

232.5 lbs = 5 reps

Poundstone Empty Barbell 100 rep Curl Challenge

Decided to retry this and I did better this time.

70 reps. rest

10 reps, rest

10 reps, rest

10 reps, rest

Close Grip Push Ups

3 sets of 10 rep

8/31/14

Squats

1 warm up set of 10 reps

1 warm up set of 10 reps

3 working sets of 3 reps

1 Hand Pinch Euro

54 lbs = 5 reps each hand

66 lbs = 3 reps each hand

75 lbs = 2 reps each hand

85.5 lbs = 1 rep each hand

82.5 lbs = 3 sets of 2 reps each hand

- nice. got the doubles easy and that is the most weight I have used for doubles. time to move up.

IM Hub

44.5 lbs = 3 reps each hand

54.5 lbs = 2 reps each hand

60.5 lbs = 3 sets of 2 reps each hand. Pretty sure that is the most I have used for double at this point in the workout for the hub. Feeling strong tonight.

Blobs

50 lb Blob = 2 reps left and 1 rep right. First time lifting the blob this late in the workout. I have lifted one many times but never this fatigued. Tonight's workout is going awesome.

50 lb Blob = 2 reps left, 46 Legacy Blob Thumb on the round = 2 reps right

50 lb Blob = 1 rep left, 46 Legacy Blob Thumb on the round = 2 reps right

Pop's Gripper Dynamic 1 Hand Pinch

2 Orange Bands high attachments = 3 sets of 20 reps each hand.

Extensors

Green + Yellow Band = 50 reps each hand

Blue Band = 2 sets of 75 reps each hand.

Note - all caught up. rest tonight.

Not logging tonight, but I trained Left hand grippers. I attempted my hard COC #3.5 (179.7 lb RGC) MMS Off hand (left hand). Got really freaking close! This gripper is very close to the real MM3. I closed it right hand MMS just before certifying on the real MM3 Right hand. I'm almost there! Here is the vid:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I struggle with left hand crush consistency. Its usually 2 steps forward and 1 backwards but I'm hitting a nice surge right now. Hopefully I can cert MM3 off hand by year end.

• Like 3

I'm not inconsistent offhand, I'm very consistently awful off hand lol.

Very good attempt. Looks like a light breeze would've had that gripper shutting all the way. Monstrous off hand attempt bro!

• Like 2

Thanks guys. happy with the results so far, but

"I am never satisfied. Its my cross to bear."

• Like 2

I can picture you up all night cussing out those grippers...

haha. Truth be told I often take a goal gripper and put it on the nightstand next to my bed so I can stare at it and visualize closing it. Ya, I know I'm strange.............

haha. Truth be told I often take a goal gripper and put it on the nightstand next to my bed so I can stare at it and visualize closing it. Ya, I know I'm strange.............

As long as you don't bring the damn gripper into the bed with you, I think it's all good man.

As long as you don't bring the damn gripper into the bed with you, I think it's all good man.

:whistel

• Like 1

Didn't train too much this week. Been very busy and tired so I took it easy and only have 2 training sessions to log. Both very good sessions though!

9/3

Left Hand Grippers (all MMS)

COC Sport = 10 reps

COC #.5 = 5 reps

COC #1 = 3 reps

COC #2 = 2 reps

GHP 6 = 1 rep

Cert COC #3 = 1 rep

Medium BBE = 1 rep

Hard BBE = 1 rep

179.7 lb COC #3.5 = Very Very close attempt. Video above in the log. Dam, I'm almost there. Soon.........

179.7 lb COC #3.5 = another super close attempt. Not quite as good as the first but very good still

165.3 lb BBE = 1 rep. wasted lots of energy on those 3.5 attempts so I took a bigger drop

165.3 lb BBE = 1 rep

153 lb Cert COC #3 = 2 reps

153 lb Cert COC #3 = 2 reps

Crush Booster Left Hand Holds

Big Purple + Blue band = (3) 10 second holds

Calf Raises

4 sets of 50 reps

Lying Leg Raises

3 sets of 15 reps

Note - Left hand crush is soaring right now. I just bought an extended silvis handle to do negatives with my 213 lb MM8 spring right hand ( took the original spring off the handles to use with the silvis handles) and I bought a 207 lb rated super elite. The MM7 will go down in a couple months.

9/7/14

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press

87 lbs = 5 reps

108.5 lbs = 5 reps

128.5 lbs = 3 reps

162.5 lbs = 5 reps

182 lbs = 3 reps

205 lbs = 1 rep

Close Grip Flat Barbell Bench Press

185 lbs = 5 reps

216 lbs = 5 reps

245 lbs = 5 reps

Little Big Horn

100.5 lbs = 5 reps each hand

125.5 lbs = 3 reps each hand

150.5 lbs = 3 sets of 2 reps each hand

- felt easy. more next time.

Rolling Thunder

121.5 lbs = 3 reps each hand

161.5 lbs = 3 sets of 2 reps each hand

- dam, that felt crazy easy. More next time.

Little Big Horn

110.5 lbs = 2 sets of 5 reps each hand

Rolling Thunder

121.5 lbs = 2 sets of 5 reps each hand touch and go and no re gripping. RT is going great lately.

Extensors

IM Blue Band = 3 sets of 100 reps each hand.

Edited by Chez

When you train your grippers how much time are you giving yourself between sets and move to another gripper?

When you train your grippers how much time are you giving yourself between sets and move to another gripper?

That really depends. I do sets of a heavy weight lifting movements like squats or presses in between certain grippers sets to get my CNS firing. As soon as the weight lifting set is finished, I rest briefly and then go for the gripper close so a couple mins in between. For many warm up sets I will just rest briefly so a little less time. If I put a lot of effort into a close/attempt I give myself more time. Just make sure you are recovered and ready.

• Like 1

Not logging tonight but I hit a huge PR on the ironmind hub in preparation for the king kong grip comp. I have been chasing 70 lbs for a while now. I had the down signal with 70 lbs at my comp 1.5 months ago and its slipped on the way down. Tonight I hit 70.95 lbs! I felt I had more in the tank also. Here is the video:

• Like 1

Argh! Life has been busy. Time to get back on track with this log. I just held a comp this past weekend and it went pretty well. I made a few mistakes running the comp, but I made notes of what I need to do differently. I'm hosting a location for the king kong grip comp in late October so I'll make sure to correct the errors for that comp. Here is a summary of how I did lift wise:

Event 1: Grippers with a 20 mm Block Set.

Attempt 1 - I opened with my 185.8 lb MM3 Replica and got it no problem.

Attempt 2 - I decided to make the jump to my 192 lb Freak MM3 Replica. I just closed this gripper with a 20 mm block set earlier in the week and I was hoping to duplicate that close to grab 2nd best 20 mm block set close on the NAGS list. I missed by a small margin.

Attempt 3 - I decided to drop down to my 189.85 MM5 Replica. I squeaked out the close and actually got light headed and shaky in the legs. This is a gripper that I have closed no problem 20 mm block set in training but I felt off on grippers today so it was tough this time. I guess I trained heavy grippers way too close to the comp. Stupid mistake. This close is still good for 3rd best on the NAGS list.

Attempt 4 - I tried one more time with the 192 lb MM3 and I got even closer this time but I couldn't seal the deal. It was meant to happen today. Oh well. 189.85 is still a huge comp PR.

Event 2: Ironmind Hub

Attempt 1 - Got 60 lbs very easy.

Attempt 2 - 65.35 lbs was no problem

Attempt 3 - Got 67.75 lbs. New PR! Felt very good also. I had more in me.

Attempt 4 - I went for 70 lbs even. I have been chasing 70 lbs on the hub for a while. A couple months back I got it 6 inches off the floor. I pulled it to lock out and got the down signal and all of a sudden it slipped out of my hands! :(. So freaking close. Oh well. The hub is an event at King Kong in October and I'm taking 70 lbs down!

Rolling Thunder

- before I decided to pick the rolling thunder as an event I hadn't trained the RT in a long time. My ankle has been bad so I have been avoiding events that put lots of stress on my ankle. I had lost a lot of progress on it when I started training it again but I started to hit my stride again leading up to the comp. I also took a break from grippers left hand to make sure my left was well rested for this.

Attempt 1 - 164.9 lbs with complete ease

Attempt 2 - 172.5 lbs no problem

Attempt 3 - 177.5 lbs felt real good

Attempt 4 - 180.15 lbs. Got it! Pretty close to where I use to be on the RT. Happy with this result since I brought it back up in a short time. I want to keep hitting the RT now and make a push for 200 lbs because I want to get on the ironmind list for the crush to dust challenge. The RT is the only thing holding me back. I'll keep hitting it on thick bar day.

Sledge Choke with strict rules

- the rules I used for the sledge choke were very strict. The ball and nut allowed very little tilt. I like the idea but admit I should have allowed a little more tilt. Next time I'll use a bigger nut on the sledge head and I'll use half inch lines since 1 inch jumps on this was brutal.

Attempt 1 - 14 inches no problem

Attempt 2-4 - I kep trying 15 inches. I got this with compete ease in training but I could only get it about half way up with my best attempt. My wrist was fried and it just wasn't happening today.

Overall happy with my performance.

Sounds like a fun competition. Strong overall performance there :rock

Thanks guys. happy with the results so far, but

"I am never satisfied. Its my cross to bear."

Like the quote, that's why your one of the best my friend!

• Like 1

Awesome chez! You had some nice hang time there, too. Hmm...maybe 73-74 by Kong?

Thanks bud. I have a good chance at 73-74 for the King Kong since that was my hub in the video and we are using Manna's hub for the comp. I always pull like 3-4 lbs more on his since it has a nice texture.

Awesome chez! You had some nice hang time there, too. Hmm...maybe 73-74 by Kong?

Thanks bud. I have a good chance at 73-74 for the King Kong since that was my hub in the video and we are using Manna's hub for the comp. I always pull like 3-4 lbs more on his since it has a nice texture.

Very true, I forgot about that! I think it should definitely be in your sights, then.

Dammit! Not logging right now, but I just finished an off hand gripper workout and I missed my hard (179.7 lb RGC) COC #3.5 left hand MMS by a freaking small margin. I played the video frame by frame and I noticed that my palm skin pinched between the handles. This would have been closed otherwise! Here is the still:

Hard (179.7 lbs RGC) COC #3.5 Off Hand MMS Attempt

This is going down soon. I won't stop until the job is done.

• Like 3

Grip board response: oh man, it looks closed to me bro. Respect for this, and the fact that it's off hand makes it even more impressive and me jealous.

YouTube answer: deep set is fake! You can't close a 3.5! Only Joe Kinney and magnus Samuelson know how to close a gripper properly. I'm 15 and weigh 130 pounds and can close a 2.5 with a credit card set. I hope to certify on the 3 in a few months.

• Like 9

Grip board response: oh man, it looks closed to me bro. Respect for this, and the fact that it's off hand makes it even more impressive and me jealous.

YouTube answer: deep set is fake! You can't close a 3.5! Only Joe Kinney and magnus Samuelson know how to close a gripper properly. I'm 15 and weigh 130 pounds and can close a 2.5 with a credit card set. I hope to certify on the 3 in a few months.

Lmao