The Gripmas Carol 2011

climber511

Just got the DVD today. Thanks Mike!

I expect to see a plain reg 3 out of you any day now. :grin:

did anybody end up with an extra rb240 after gripmas? I can't seem to find mine. I'm not 100% sure I eventook it though...

Not me. Not sure how many grippers of mine were used, but I only came back with one gripper off the table. If I notice any missing i will post again. Anybody know which ones of mine were used?

We will see. :D I just watched it Good stuff! Now I need to go out and bend something. :devil:laugh

The WRs set are astonishing.

Since when can Andrew close a 220+ in a choker!?

Since Saturday I guess :grin:

He hydraulically closed a 214# last year so I wasn't terribly surprised with the 220#.

We will see. :D I just watched it Good stuff! Now I need to go out and bend something. :devil:laugh

I would love to get a review from you and Josh if you get the time. Glad you liked it!

Correct :D

Who has gripper's rated over 224#?

Fantastic lifts (the two WR's in the pinch). How do those collars work if I may ask?

Hey guys, here is my write-up of the event, along with a few videos...

http://www.dieselcre...t-grip-strength

Mikael - they are the old style Spin Lock Olympic collars that have two wing nuts on one end and a spin apparatus on the other. We have used them for several years now. They act as the spacers between the actual apparatus and the weight plates. They allow a quick tightening on the apparatus after dropping but the slip only allows you to tighten them a little and they will move during the spin adjustment.. The problem is that after someone drops them - the collars tend to slip on the pipe as they are just a friction fit with the leather pads inside the portion of the collar that tightens down on the pipe - thus the grooves in the pipe and the plates fastened to the ends of the collars that fit in the grooves. This way the collar cannot slip when dropped and things and be made very tight and stay tight, I hope that makes sense.

Edited by climber511

Congrats to Andrew on the win and Jedd on the WR 2HP!

Sounds like everyone had a great time, I havent been since 2009 and have been dissapointed every year I could not go

That's what I use as well.

Fantastic lifts (the two WR's in the pinch). How do those collars work if I may ask?

Hey guys, here is my write-up of the event, along with a few videos...

http://www.dieselcre...t-grip-strength

Mikael - they are the old style Spin Lock Olympic collars that have two wing nuts on one end and a spin apparatus on the other. We have used them for several years now. They act as the spacers between the actual apparatus and the weight plates. They allow a quick tightening on the apparatus after dropping but the slip only allows you to tighten them a little and they will move during the spin adjustment.. The problem is that after someone drops them - the collars tend to slip on the pipe as they are just a friction fit with the leather pads inside the portion of the collar that tightens down on the pipe - thus the grooves in the pipe and the plates fastened to the ends of the collars that fit in the grooves. This way the collar cannot slip when dropped and things and be made very tight and stay tight, I hope that makes sense.