Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

At this point im pretty settled / ok with not competing this year as i really cant see me winning anything but silver bullet, maybe hub but cant see it. I have been pushing hard for the wsh comp and joints feeling it too so would be nice to able to go lighter for a bit too, which i will do. Saying this, i felt wsh training was going really well and thumb strength definately up so will just see how im doing in 2 month and decide from there but will be lighter volume stuff until then, no low reps etc

24 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Andys comp never interested me but not doing worlds strongest hands because i care more about being the best in the sport sooner than later, that is my goal. Seeing how armlift championships has 40k prize pool and on tv channels with guys like kirill and andrey attending, it's obviously the biggest comp in the sport now. I didnt realise this until it was announced not long ago.

Here is the link you mentioned >>link<< good luck with it 

10 minutes ago, Sam Radford said:

Here is the link you mentioned >>link<< good luck with it 

Thanks. That's the one yeah. It's maybe not the best comp with two thickbar events back to back to start but the hub makes a bit more well rounded plus endurance event in silver bullet i like rather than pure 1rm stuff as i get injured easier doing all heavy stuff. I wont just be using these implements though, will also use ironmind pinch block an few different things just to keep pinch strong as i feel its important for all around grip strength.

I'll also be attending this contest. Note that all events are done individually, as opposed to most grip comps. By this I mean you only enter the events that interest you, and awards are given out for each event. There is no tally across all five events to determine the best all-round gripster. I'm not sure why there isn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Ill be focusing on typical armlift events for probably around 18 months straight now. I cant link it but is on ironmind forum, armlift world championships. You should go, dont know about hub but great events for you otherwise, rolling thunder, axle, silver bullet and hub. 

Yeah about two minutes after asking I saw it. It does look good. I'd hate the hub but the rest looks fine. The $40,000 is spread over ALL the events at that expo I think (inc a/w) and not just the 'arm lifting'.  

Putting on my older more seasoned competitors hat for a moment and handing out the same advice I've given you before...

You are young enough to have not yet quiet reached your strength potential and or damaged yourself too much. I'm passed my absolute best in terms of size and or overall body strength. Yet, as I hope can be seen, this dog can still 'bite' on occasion. .Our hands do not exert quite the disruptive ability to put us in the 'well he'll never be as strong' pasture field the way some will never deadlift a 1000 again a la Andy. That's nature. What bothers me and many others who've dropped in and read your training log is the potential to be as much an ass kicking record holder as you seem like you might be you're not putting it together. All the usual 'life' stuff gets in EVERYONES  way. Be it, as it has been (still is?) work, injuries and so on. But more than that, in my opinion (and you've heard me say this wayyyyyy back) is that I've never seen you give any one sport that's caught your eye long enough. I've seen you compete at BodyPower in an amateur, but decent level, strongman event. You looked strong enough but wasn't fired up, going fast enough, or quite simply giving it a 'I'll bust my balls then fall over' full bore go. You've been close, as we all know, a good few times in grip, to place and place well and that's in competitions never mind actual feats. ,You've tried, I think, arm-wrestling and, until these past few days, was training well for the WSH. Low and behold the 'arm-lifting' event catches your eye and off you go.

Now I've 'been there, done that'. It took me 2 years of David Horne nagging me to become a half-decent all-rounder in grip ans then I started placing. I've told you (and others), when handing out advice, that the closer we get to our potential and if we're lucky to would class potential (and world records) the more likely we risk injuries. So, to put it frankly, shit aches. It might not appear often enough in our fellow 4 closers, 200+ lbs pinchers diaries and write ups and so on but I can guarantee their shit aches too. No more or less than world class boxers faces and fists ache after sparring or a WSM class strength athletes shit aches after their training. But it's these athletes ability to get through that, knuckle down and focus 100% on being the absolute best they can be that makes them world class. I used toi nag you about doing every training idea under the sun well now it's about seeing ONE THING through to the end. Doesn't matter if it's a 4 close, the WSH comp or the 'arm lifting'. ONE THING - ALL THE DAMN WAY THROUGH PAUL!! I do not want to see you getting half way there and then like a kid seeing a shinier brighter toy drop the one you have and scuttle over to the newer one.

ENOUGH FAFFING ABOUT. PICK ONE AND GO ALL THE WAY WIN, LOSE OR DRAW! Do not be the 'nearly man'.

Edited by mobsterone
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I'll also be attending this contest. Note that all events are done individually, as opposed to most grip comps. By this I mean you only enter the events that interest you, and awards are given out for each event. There is no tally across all five events to determine the best all-round gripster. I'm not sure why there isn't.

Oh ok so its not actually a contest. Seems wrong to call it a world championships if its not actually even a contest. Thanks for letting me know, guess i forget about that and go back to wsh training then.

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

Yeah about two minutes after asking I saw it. It does look good. I'd hate the hub but the rest looks fine. The $40,000 is spread over ALL the events at that expo I think (inc a/w) and not just the 'arm lifting'.  

Putting on my older more seasoned competitors hat for a moment and handing out the same advice I've given you before...

You are young enough to have not yet quiet reached your strength potential and or damaged yourself too much. I'm passed my absolute best in terms of size and or overall body strength. Yet, as I hope can be seen, this dog can still 'bite' on occasion. .Our hands do not exert quite the disruptive ability to put us in the 'well he'll never be as strong' pasture field the way some will never deadlift a 1000 again a la Andy. That's nature. What bothers me and many others who've dropped in and read your training log is the potential to be as much an ass kicking record holder as you seem like you might be you're not putting it together. All the usual 'life' stuff gets in EVERYONES  way. Be it, as it has been (still is?) work, injuries and so on. But more than that, in my opinion (and you've heard me say this wayyyyyy back) is that I've never seen you give any one sport that's caught your eye long enough. I've seen you compete at BodyPower in an amateur, but decent level, strongman event. You looked strong enough but wasn't fired up, going fast enough, or quite simply giving it a 'I'll bust my balls then fall over' full bore go. You've been close, as we all know, a good few times in grip, to place and place well and that's in competitions never mind actual feats. ,You've tried, I think, arm-wrestling and, until these past few days, was training well for the WSH. Low and behold the 'arm-lifting' event catches your eye and off you go.

Now I've 'been there, done that'. It took me 2 years of David Horne nagging me to become a half-decent all-rounder in grip ans then I started placing. I've told you (and others), when handing out advice, that the closer we get to our potential and if we're lucky to would class potential (and world records) the more likely we risk injuries. So, to put it frankly, shit aches. It might not appear often enough in our fellow 4 closers, 200+ lbs pinchers diaries and write ups and so on but I can guarantee their shit aches too. No more or less than world class boxers faces and fists ache after sparring or a WSM class strength athletes shit aches after their training. But it's these athletes ability to get through that, knuckle down and focus 100% on being the absolute best they can be that makes them world class. I used toi nag you about doing every training idea under the sun well now it's about seeing ONE THING through to the end. Doesn't matter if it's a 4 close, the WSH comp or the 'arm lifting'. ONE THING - ALL THE DAMN WAY THROUGH PAUL!! I do not want to see you getting half way there and then like a kid seeing a shinier brighter toy drop the one you have and scuttle over to the newer one.

ENOUGH FAFFING ABOUT. PICK ONE AND GO ALL THE WAY WIN, LOSE OR DRAW! Do not be the 'nearly man'.

Thanks. Yeah i agree in terms of going all the way but then it's also sometimes having to back off and change things not out of choice but out of need a lot of times. Obviously if they are false advertising and its not 40k prize pool or even actually a grip contest then its not worth it and i should keep training for wsh but i couldnt really turn down 40k prize pool vs none. That's not really me changing my mind it just wasnt there when i started training for wsh. Also much is from injury, ive had a bunch of injury. That strongman comp i actually did no training for, had really bad right knee so just couldnt really train at all, needed rest so that was why i wasnt trying hard, i only did the comp because it was cheaper to pay entry for comp than get ticket for expo an you got backstage thing to see brian shaw and jay cutler etc starting arm wrestling training was due to hand injuries, stopping arm wrestling training was due to arm injury. Stopping #4 training again couldnt train grippers because of injury. A lot of stuff is due to injury, just have to work around stuff sometimes an try an be motivated for what you can do rather than what you cant. My problem has never been not going all the way, hence 6 hour grip sessions after working 12 hours, its more being able to back off before injury and not push so much. I have had the goal of strongest grip in the world all the way through doing strongman and always put a good bit of time in to working towards that, also very grip dependant job 50 hours a week for 11 years so its always been something ive been working on but now im definately focused on being the best in the sport and for sure not going back to strongman. Arm wrestling maybe but down the line if so. Want to win world titles in grip and cert the #4.

Edited by Paul Savage

Ok so with that comp not actually being a comp and what sounds like a bogus prize pool, back to training for wsh. Tonight did upto 46.25kg one hand pinch then loads of holds for time for various weights, probably 15 sets each hand or so and finished with two 15kg passes around body for 19 reps. Did get video of that but i can do much better so not worth posting really. Managed to tear my skin a good bit on right hand on the initial pick up haha was uphill battle from there, wanted 30. Moved on to two hands hub key pinch upto 41.25kg then 38kg for 3 and 32.5kg for two sets of 20. Now on way to gym for 25-30 sets of fat gripz thumbless back exercises plus pick axe / wrist training.

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

I contacted the organizer. I'll post info later

Ok sound. If it's not an actual grip contest im defo not interested for this year but would be nice to get the definate info on it.

His email

Hi, dear Steve!

We hope to continue the tradition of the previous year for creating a biggest and most representative and popular grip contest in the World
in previous year we have ~ 180 competitors from 10 countries and and this year we hope to collect more.
Our information parnters include a central TV channels, a most-popular youtube chanels , magazines.

In this year we have a next championship disciplines: Ironmind AA, Ironmind RT, Ironmind HUB, Ironmind Silver Bullet, Double hand pinch, bending
it each disciplines we have a few weight and age categories and in each we have a medals, prizes, etc. Overal prize fund now ~ 40000$
now is only gift's from our partners (for example, on of this - swiss made watches with cost ~ 1000Euro for the each 1st places in Axle and in Rolling Thunder, etc) and we have this in each events and weight and age category. Also, now we are working for a partner's to a cash prizes too.

in attach you can fing all details
You can choose one category, or few, or all - as its comfortable for you.

Excalibur is a lifting a 50mm vertical bar from a RT - its very fine! You can see this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CzBgELzrLM for example

Anythink i can help - just let me know

BR,
Dmitriy

In his attachment:

World armlifting Championship (APL)

«Rolling Thunder»
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Girls 13-21 years
 Mens 22 -39 years
 Women 22 -39 years
 Mens 40 years and older, 50 years or older
Weight category:
 Juniors: 70kg, 90kg and 90kg +
Girls:  Open category.
 Mens: 70kg, 80, 90 kg, 100 kg, 110 kg, 125kg, 125kg +
Womens: 60kg, 80kg, 80+
Men older than 40 years: Absolute weight category
Mens older than 50 years: Absolute weight category
" Apollon Axel"
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Girls 13-21 years
 Mens 22 -39 years
 Women 22 -39 years
Weight category:
Mens older than 50 years: compete in the Absolute weight category
"HUB"
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Mens 22 -39 years
Womens
Weight category:
Juniors: Absolute weight category
Mens: Absolute weight category
Womens:  Absolute weight category
«Silver Bullet»
Womens: Open category – Gripper CoC №1
Mens: Open category, Gripper CoC  №3

«Excalibur»
Age categories:
Men older than 40 years:  Absolute weight category

So they have a LOT of classes but you can do whatever events you want. The prizes are, in total, valued at the $40k. By way of example I could win, say, 4 Swiss watched etc etc. Fancy doing this with me next May?? Go there and win all the classes between us?? LOL

16 hours ago, mobsterone said:

His email

Hi, dear Steve!

We hope to continue the tradition of the previous year for creating a biggest and most representative and popular grip contest in the World
in previous year we have ~ 180 competitors from 10 countries and and this year we hope to collect more.
Our information parnters include a central TV channels, a most-popular youtube chanels , magazines.

In this year we have a next championship disciplines: Ironmind AA, Ironmind RT, Ironmind HUB, Ironmind Silver Bullet, Double hand pinch, bending
it each disciplines we have a few weight and age categories and in each we have a medals, prizes, etc. Overal prize fund now ~ 40000$
now is only gift's from our partners (for example, on of this - swiss made watches with cost ~ 1000Euro for the each 1st places in Axle and in Rolling Thunder, etc) and we have this in each events and weight and age category. Also, now we are working for a partner's to a cash prizes too.

in attach you can fing all details
You can choose one category, or few, or all - as its comfortable for you.

Excalibur is a lifting a 50mm vertical bar from a RT - its very fine! You can see this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CzBgELzrLM for example

Anythink i can help - just let me know

BR,
Dmitriy

In his attachment:

World armlifting Championship (APL)

«Rolling Thunder»
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Girls 13-21 years
 Mens 22 -39 years
 Women 22 -39 years
Weight category:
Mens older than 50 years: Absolute weight category
" Apollon Axel"
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Girls 13-21 years
 Mens 22 -39 years
 Women 22 -39 years
Weight category:
Mens older than 50 years: compete in the Absolute weight category
"HUB"
Age categories:
 Juniors 13-21 years
Mens 22 -39 years
Womens
Weight category:
Juniors: Absolute weight category
«Silver Bullet»
Womens: Open category – Gripper CoC №1
Mens: Open category, Gripper CoC  №3

«Excalibur»
Age categories:
Men older than 40 years:  Absolute weight category

So they have a LOT of classes but you can do whatever events you want. The prizes are, in total, valued at the $40k. By way of example I could win, say, 4 Swiss watched etc etc. Fancy doing this with me next May?? Go there and win all the classes between us?? LOL

hahaha sounds like a plan, id just do all events most likely. I'll get training for that after wsh. Are you doing wsh or just andys?

Just Andy's. And maybe the World Alternative Games in August. Back on grippers after Andy's and look at the Arm Lift for next year. I got him to send me an excel of last years results - all doable. 

Edited by mobsterone

Grip training again today. Once again i wasnt fully recovered but this time was worse, right hand just wasn't even working so i cut volume down an did easier workout.

One hand pinch 70mm

- to 42.5kg left x 10 and 8 second holds, right not even close to air

two 15kg plate round the back passes x 20 reps

two hands hub key pinch

- to 42.5kg x air, 41.25kg x air, 40kg x air (body just wasnt having it)

titan telegraph thumb only

- 5kg 3 x 20 each hand then 3.75-1.25kg drop set

pulldowns with fat gripz thumbless

- 80lb to 130lb 4 sets 12-15 reps slow and squeeze

romanian deadlifts with fat gripz thumbless

- to 110kg x 16

one hand seated cable row spinning handle with fat gripz thumbless

- 100lb x 20 each hand

sledge lever wrist curl simulation on cable

- x 20, 8 heavier then back down and 12 each arm

back extension machine

- to 300lb stack x 20

extensors

- 3 x 20 each hand

Edited by Paul Savage

Trained grip again last night, didnt go well as second half of the workout i was far too hungry for, had to deal with sonething for an hour as i was on route to gym. Pinch did 45kg for 3 singles each hand then 42.5kg for a triple each hand then 40kg x 15 left and 36kg x 30 right. Followed it up with two 15kg holds 50 seconds each hand. Decided to skip key pinch this time and did 4 sets of 20-30 reps on titan thumb pinch. At this point is where i had an unexpected hour break / got hungry, dehydrated, no energy etc did 120kg thumbless fat gripz romanian deadlift but only got 7 and hurt left wrist a bit, moved down to 110kg but only got 6 and wrist hurt more, then went 60kg x 25. Decided to drop the fat gripz and did cable rows and pulldowns without. Finished with pick axe lever simulation double drop sets and back extension stack for 15 then stumbled back dizzy to get food.

Ok so now is time when im upping the calories and focusing on gaining weight. I'm not overly bothered about if the weight is muscle or fat, that i can only control by putting the training in, but ive definately found that my overall body strength goes up when i gain bodyweight. Does this impact grip a lot? No, but it does make a difference and any advantage is an advantage.

For those who dont know im vegetarian, have been for 3 years, so for me i don't get my protein from meat, but actually the extra calories will mainly come from fats and carbs, with a more moderate increase in protein. Typically ill be having a lot of whole milk, plenty of eggs, lot of peanut butter and nuts, plenty of oats and rice/wheat cereal, along with typical meals i would have like quorn pasta with veg. Generally its foods higher in fats and carbs but also with good protein content. Right now im still around 130kg, with my heaviest previous weight being 143kg, so my aim is around 150kg come contest.

As i have done in the past i will now use a lot of bodyweight exercises and supersets. Reason for this is it keeps me able to handle my bodyweight, keeps me limber and strong at the weight and keeps a certain level of fitness. For me i tend to gain a lot of weight quick when i put the hammer down an that can kill fitness and impact training.

I will list my full training up until the contest now.

• Like 2

Yesterday..

Squats

- x 15, 15

Single leg box squats

- 10,10,10 each leg

Walking lunges

- 2 sets x reps (slow and squeeze)

Crounching calf raise superset standing calf raise (slow and squeeze)

- x 8/8, 8/8

2 minutes ago, Allen Heineck said:

Why did you become a vegetarian, just curious?

Well my friend Sarah (partner at that point had) had been vegetarian for many years and she loves cows, an i was eating a pound of beef at a time, sometimes 5lb total in various meats an fish every day, so even though it didnt bother her so much i began to feel bad eating so much beef etc an of course she was only cooking vegetarian meals for me too so it just evolved from that. I actually never liked meat though, ive had steak probably twice in my life, i never liked the texture of meat, i like quorn better. There was also a few more big factors, im a huge animal lover, have been since i was born basically so i never really felt like i should eat them but everybody in my family eats a lot of meat, id never known a vegetarian before her. Provably the biggest factor though was that i put on size easier being veggie. People assume that being veggie it must be hard to be big but its completely untrue. I was eating 450g+ of protein a day when i ate meat, wrecking my kidneys, but then not trying to gain weight eating 250g of protein veggie my weight went up higher. Seeing that and that its a lot cheaper it was a no brainer to be honest.

• Like 2

Interesting to learn that you are vegetarian!

I myself have kinda just for the last ~2-3years or so, kinda just transitioned in to becoming "vegetarian" in the same sense as you yourself is a vegetarian (aka I still eat dairy and eggs).
Though I myself do not really consider this to be vegetarian, as I am still living by "the old book" of using the words as;
a vegetarian = eating nothing from animals
&
a vegan = eating nothing from animals and in addition also not using any stuff made from animals (such as leather shoes/belts and so on).
Now that I wrote that... well, I feel really sorry for even bringing that up as that is such a bullshit thing to remark upon (and has been beaten to death a million times before). So, I can't bear to remove the useless remark, but, lets leave it at that as all that is just boring pointless sematics and nothing worthy of discussing...
to me I eat what I eat and others what they do call it what you will... :D

Still very interesting to learn you are vegetarian, and I'd say I am doing it for just about the same reasons as you are (though for me it is quite the opposite in the spouse department, my wife likes meat and would eat it more often if it wasn't for me... (pun not really intended but still there :D )

Though, I'd say I am even more of a "not-vegetarian"-vegetarian than you as I will also eat whatever I kill (which to this date, and probably forever is fish, as I love fishing that just comes natural, though, I most often practice catch and release as I just find fishing relaxing, fun and just awesome, the fish-eating I actually do like, but not that bothered about it most of the time, unless I happen to be very poor at the moment I go fishing :D). For me the thoughts of animals has also for just about as long as I can remember (~15years or so? I have a really bad memory for being "only" 33years of age) been the same thoughts regarding all kinds of animals including insects. I will not kill anything (unless unintentional or for food) and why should I??? A spider or even a mosquito biting me for blood is WAAAAAAY less irritating than a lot of humans I interact with and I don't go about just killing them so why kill the insects only doing what they are designed to do? seems weird to me, (though, this sentiment seems weird to lots of people I've noticed so please don't get offended by it :D ) so I am continuing NOT killing either animals or humans so far! :D (unless possibly for food???)

well, sorry for rant, but, as said, very interesting to learn that!

And I am of course really looking forward to following the training leading up to the competition.
I also like and agree with your thoughts on keeping a lot of BW-stuff in the training-mix while gaining weight! the times (long ago now) that I used to push my BW upwards keeping lots of BWtraining in was always the periods I felt the best about.

all the best!
/peter

Shoulder warm up

3" thickbar paused push ups superset fat gripz dips thumbless grip

- x 10/10, 10/8, 10/8

Single arm side laterals superset single arm front raise

- 3 sets x 10/10 back to back no rest

Struggled

11 minutes ago, Peter Brannstrom said:

Interesting to learn that you are vegetarian!

I myself have kinda just for the last ~2-3years or so, kinda just transitioned in to becoming "vegetarian" in the same sense as you yourself is a vegetarian (aka I still eat dairy and eggs).
Though I myself do not really consider this to be vegetarian, as I am still living by "the old book" of using the words as;
a vegetarian = eating nothing from animals
&
a vegan = eating nothing from animals and in addition also not using any stuff made from animals (such as leather shoes/belts and so on).
Now that I wrote that... well, I feel really sorry for even bringing that up as that is such a bullshit thing to remark upon (and has been beaten to death a million times before). So, I can't bear to remove the useless remark, but, lets leave it at that as all that is just boring pointless sematics and nothing worthy of discussing...
to me I eat what I eat and others what they do call it what you will... :D

Still very interesting to learn you are vegetarian, and I'd say I am doing it for just about the same reasons as you are (though for me it is quite the opposite in the spouse department, my wife likes meat and would eat it more often if it wasn't for me... (pun not really intended but still there :D )

Though, I'd say I am even more of a "not-vegetarian"-vegetarian than you as I will also eat whatever I kill (which to this date, and probably forever is fish, as I love fishing that just comes natural, though, I most often practice catch and release as I just find fishing relaxing, fun and just awesome, the fish-eating I actually do like, but not that bothered about it most of the time, unless I happen to be very poor at the moment I go fishing :D). For me the thoughts of animals has also for just about as long as I can remember (~15years or so? I have a really bad memory for being "only" 33years of age) been the same thoughts regarding all kinds of animals including insects. I will not kill anything (unless unintentional or for food) and why should I??? A spider or even a mosquito biting me for blood is WAAAAAAY less irritating than a lot of humans I interact with and I don't go about just killing them so why kill the insects only doing what they are designed to do? seems weird to me, (though, this sentiment seems weird to lots of people I've noticed so please don't get offended by it :D ) so I am continuing NOT killing either animals or humans so far! :D (unless possibly for food???)

well, sorry for rant, but, as said, very interesting to learn that!

And I am of course really looking forward to following the training leading up to the competition.
I also like and agree with your thoughts on keeping a lot of BW-stuff in the training-mix while gaining weight! the times (long ago now) that I used to push my BW upwards keeping lots of BWtraining in was always the periods I felt the best about.

all the best!
/peter

Well you would be peskatarian still eating fish, something i did for a while myself before going full vegetarian but actually i spent a lot time fishing growing up. My dad was heavily involved in my towns fishing club and i was competing from a young age, i had already won an under 17's match by the time i was 8, then by 12 i captained the cadet gold team (we had 4 teams) to winning the biggest national championships we have here. I also should have won an u17 national championships outright but unfortunately a pike attacked all the fish in my net and ripped the net so nearly all the fish got free. I had a lot of people watching me through the match because id caught so much more than everybody else but then at weigh ins there was hardly anything in my net i couldnt believe it! I had caught at least double the winning weight and everybody around me seen this so i still class it as a win i suppose. My brother bettered me though, he fished for england in the world championships at u21's and actually won the two day england trials outright by a good way. I had more talent but i never had the same passion for fishing he had and his deadication made him better.

• Like 1

Something to mention was that ill now be going heavier in my back training, and also hitting the grip for axle hold in multiple ways. At my gym they only have thicker normal length bars so i use the shorter bar for fat gripz, which i think is 10kg an spins really well. Ill be using that for fat gripz romanian deadlifts, but now i'll follow it up with heavier romanian deadlifts on the thickest bar at the gym, which is definately the thickest oly bar i've seen, sort of half way between regular bar and axle. Following that im going to do assisted pull ups, slow and controlled, which again the handles have a really thick grip. Following that ill be doing an exercise i learnt from seeing brian shaw do it, which is a seated cable row one arm at a time, but you hold both handles at all times and alternate arms. It really pushes the grip and back at the same time. I'll be doing that with and without fat gripz on spinning handles, then finishing with shrugs, again with fat gripz to start then thickbar to end. Everything of course thumbless for the comp event.

• Like 1

Yesterday..

No chalk

Cable rear lever on matrix bat club with fat gripz (pick axe simulation)

- 1.1kg x 15/15, 3.2kg x 10/10, 5.7kg x 7/7, 3.2kg x 10/10, 1.1kg x 20/20

Fat gripz thumbless romanian deadlift

- 65kg x 15, 105kg x 10, 125kg x 10

6 inch lift, pause for a second and back down

- 137.5kg x 10

No fat gripz romanians

- 137.5kg x 12

One arm cable rows with ironmind pinch block

- 10lb x 10/10, 25lb x 8/8, 40lb x 8/8, 55lb x 10/10

Brian shaw cable row with fat gripz thumbless

- 100lb x ??

No fat gripz

- 160lb x ??

V-grip pulldown fat gripz thumbless

- 100lb x ??

Barbell shrugs fat gripz thumbless

- 65kg x 12

No fat gripz

- 85kg x 12

Scot mendleson dumbbell curl

- 10kg, 22kg, 34kg, 46kg x 5/5

Reverse ez curl superset ez curl

- to two sets 40kg x reps

Had to adjust certain things today but was meant to do titan thumb work though after i ate when i got back i basically passed out. Had nothing left at the end of this workout, 65kg fat gripz was maximal.

Oh bodyweight was 132kg / 291lb