Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

18 hours ago, KapMan said:

The woman is making gains at an inhuman rate. 

It would seem that way but its really not the case, I just don't think the human potential has been seen in this sport, in fact I don't think we have came anywhere close. Becca has good genetics for sure but there not the freaky inhuman kind like a lot at the top of sports e.g may as well literally be an alien.

It's all came from me having pretty poor genetics but an obsession with grip and strongman, it forced me to learn a lot and think outside the box to go beyond normal methods etc something I would never have done if I didn't need to do it to become competitive. Passing this on to Becca coaching her was always going to make for huge results so its no surprise to me she's doing so well. I said she would be worlds strongest woman within 3-5 years from the off and she certainly has a shot at making that happen in 3. Grip results are going awesome though no doubt, I'm wondering if she can close a #4 some day to honest, will be interesting to see exactly what's possible as at this point nobody really knows. Hopefully at some point a male with some good genetics comes to me for coaching as would love to see what happens. I find coaching very interesting.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Rebecca has gone next on the farmers walk.💪💪

Yeah, she's gone a bit heavier in the past but these were handled much easier and carried further with a lot of grip strength to spare. Her grip is very strong now.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these times of struggle and hopefully it's not effecting people's training too much (if anyone wants any coaching just let me know).

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

170kg close grip bench press x 4 - https://www.instagram.com/p/CIVZ0AVgydS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

45kg / 100lb dumbbell hammer curls - https://www.instagram.com/p/CIaB5U-gJJX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

After 2 years of tendon issues (severe tennis elbow in both arms) i am finally back to having full pain free use of my arms and have now started back training my grip. So far just grippers with 1 working set taking it relatively easy, being smart etc Ill be getting some footage of my training. First 3 gripper workouts were simply credit card closes for reps with strength shop #1 which is basically like an easy trainer with thin handles, i did lot of reps each hand and 1 set extensors, training every 3rd day or so. I'm going to log an get some videos.

Fridays was..

Grippers

(No chalk)

- ss #1 x half reps

- ss #1 x ccs reps

- ss #2 x 1/1 ccs

- ss #2.5 x 1/1 ccs

- hard coc #3 x 1/1 ccs

- easy coc 4 ccs to silver bullet x 5 R

- RB300 ccs to silver bullet x 5 L

- very hard coc #4 ccs to silver bullet x 2 R

- easy coc #4 ccs to silver bullet x 3 L

Extensors

- regular band x lots / lots

Yesterday (day after) i did those 100lb hammer curls (see link above) and definately struggled with them more because of this. I want to eventually get into arm wrestling so will be starting some pronation training along with continuing to get as big & strong as possible overall (im currently 182.4kg / 402lb gym weight). Ive always wanted to be a big gorilla man type, its just what i like but i also feel if i have any chance to do anything in arm wrestling i have to have a serious size advantage as i don't have the natural strength a lot of the freaks have these days.

Edited by Paul Savage
  • Like 2

Todays grippers (no chalk)

ccs

warm ups (left and right)

- ss #1 2 x bunch

- ss #2 x 2

- ss #2.5 x 1

- coc #3 x 1 (left didn't close, pinky slipped off)

- coc #3.5 to AA battery R miss left pinky fell off again

- coc #4 to AA battery x 2 R miss 3.5 again L pinky slip again

- coc #4 to AAA battery

mms

- ss #1 gripping high on handles x lots R / L short range

Bodyweight = 182.7kg / 403lb

Took some measurements just to documenet (half hour or so after training so no real just pump), fist 13 1/4" closed around biggest point, wrist 8 5/8ths, forearm straight unflexed 16 1/2".

Definately fatigued, tendons in hands sore etc so couple light ones to follow. Ordered some liquid chalk as my hands just get too sweaty now. I will get this damn #4 ccs if it bloody kills me just need to go slow. Also got a hand dynometer coming where there's records for so will be aiming to get those right, left and total. Right now im fairly happy with my Control (in terms of not letting the gripper slip out of position), which is probably due to hand thickness now im up over 400lb, but both sweep strength and close strength feel way down. To be expected though as i pretty much havenet been able to train my grip at all for a long time.

• Like 3

(still no chalk)

Pinch grippers

- warm ups then 2 x ss #1 to silver bullet and beyond x reps

Grippers ccs

- ss #1 x half reps

- ss #1 x 3 / 3

- ss #2 x slow motion with lots of short range clicker reps each hand

Pronation curls short range with strap

- 5kg? x 50 each arm

Can't recall of trying pinching grippers like that before but must of at some point. Figured out quickly you cant do it in tips of fingers and they need to be somewhat curled but then again thats how they are when pinching normally. Stil was spinning out if i really tried to close it but not sure if i could or not anyway. The pronation arm wrestling work was harder than you would think because it was very springy. Hoping this also helps me keep healthy in the bicep / forearm joint getting loads of blood in there at the end of each session.

• Like 1

Ok so the GM150 dyno came an i gave it slight squeeze yesterday when it got here literally just to check it was working an it went to 97kg so i assumed from this the record would be easy and i could do it without going all out or being fresh so decided just to do it today. Did not pan out how i thought it would haha

GM 150 (no chalk)

- couple light squeezes only getting 10-15kg so was confused

- half proper squeeze 50kg so very confused as tried harder than yesterday??

- 4-5 proper goes only getting 80 or 80 something kg

- put it down on side of sofa to rest then started getting 90's for 4-5 attempts

- put it down on flat surface to rest then got 103, 114, 118kg, left only 106kg but it's particularly tired

Obviously it reads higher when reset flat but what i noticed afterwards is that the computer was significantly tilted so one half was coming out of the frame forward and looking at all other videos it was flat so i'm thinking this has also effected the readings. What i also noticed is althought ive been told the readings will be higher with the handles closer together, for me it was highest with them the max distance apart so it seems my hand size may be disadvantage with this. After training i took it apart and span the computer around facing the other way to see if that made it straighter and either that has or just how ive put it together an tightened it but it's more or less flat now so will see what readings come to next time.

Then went to the gym

Lat pulldowns palms facing

- 6 sets to 125kg stack

Pull up hold palms facing

- 10 second

- 3 partial reps then 5 second hold

t-bar row

- 4 sets to 50kg x 12

long bar seated row

- 3 sets to 60kg x 10

dumbbell shrugs

- 3 sets to 45kg's x 20

hammer curls

- 4 sets to 45kg's x 8/8 (left hand giving way)

plate loaded preacher curl

- 20kg x 10

- 40kg x 6 drop 20kg x 6

reverse dumbbell wrist curl

- 2.5kg x 10's

- 5kg x 10's

rear lateral machine

- 4 sets to 3/4 stack x 12

pronation with band

- x 25 each hand

plank

- bodyweight x 45 seconds

I'm so out of shape right now but no tendon pain in arms at all and was happy to be able to hold myself up easy enough on the pull ups considering current bodyweight and how ive not been training much lately other than bench pressing. Want to get good or at least decent at some bodyweight stuff an get used to new weight. Definately looking to get more muscle an less fat as i get back into training. I'll be filming stuff normally as just want to have things documented to look over / look back on but tripods in other gym till tomorrow.

Rotators

- 2.5kg's x 2 sets

- 5kg's x 2 sets

Seated dumbbell press

- 10's, 10's. 15's. 20's. 25's. 27.5's x reps

- 30kg's 3 x reps

Dumbbell laterals

- 2.5kg's x reps

- 5kg's x reps

- 7.5kg's x reps

- 10kg's x reps

Plate loaded incline press

- 40kg. 40kg x reps

- 60kg x reps

- 70kg x reps

- 80kg x reps

Tricep pushdowns

- 20kg x reps

- 30kg x reps

- 40kg x reps

- 50kg x reps

Machine flys

- 3 x reps

Rear machine flys

- 5 x reps

Reads like a super light super easy deload session but super light yes however this was actually hard as hell due to short rest periods and maybe the most painful shoulder pump ive ever had. Still somewhat pumped now an hour an a half later.

• Like 1

Just to explain why the light weights, first real leg session in forever but my back / hip has been messed up for a while, i think it's just out but getting massage done next week then will book in and chiropractor and hopefully that will sort it but not pushing things till it's right

Warm up routine

Ssb front squat 

- 60kg 3 x reps 

Grippers ccs

- warm ups to coc #3 each hand  x 1

- coc 3.5 to gripper handle x 1 R (supposed be silver bullet but misplaced it)

- coc 3.5 to gripper handle x 8 (felt easy, should have been more but lost tightness and slipped half way through)

- coc #4 to gripper handle x 7 R (probably more there but was happy enough)

- coc #3 x 1 with clickers L (feeling better)

- coc #3 x 1 slow motion with clickers R (not the best, more slow rather than slow mo)

Single leg box squats

- x nope (right easy but left not working at all, i think thats where my hips out)

- x same 😕

Leg press

- 120kg, 160kg, 180kg x lots

standing leg curls

- 4 x reps / reps

seated leg curl

2 x reps to 110lb (poor, need to work on hammie strength)

Pinch holds

- 25kg bumper in each hand x 50ish, 35??

seated calf raise

- 20, 30, 40 x reps

standing calf raise

- 25kg, 50kg, 75kg x reps

• Like 2

So i have no idea how i didn't know about it but there was a gym less than 20 minute drive from my house that has to be one of the most well equipped gyms on the planet. There's like i don't know maybe 20 power racks, multiple top of the line mono lifts, multiple eleiko deadlift platforms, a ridiculous amount of different bars, was several top of the line ssb bars alone, the biggest multigym in the world in the centre can have 60 people training on it at once and theres freaking double pulleys with massive double stacks on everything, boat load of 2" thick handles all different kinds, a monsterous amount of different plate loaded machine from belt squats to assisted russian leg curl and i kid you not they have dumbbells, in pairs, from 2kg's to 130kg's, and they go up in 1kg increments the whole way, it's the biggest dumbbell rack in the world. Those are also all solid dumbbells so fat gripz on and essentially got maybe a million quid of inch dumbbells haha I can only guess whoever owns the place is a billionaire. Needless to say when i found out i went.

Nothing heavy just trying to figure things out at the new gym for programming etc

Rotators

Incline barbell press

- to 120kg x 5 (very easy slow negatives just no sleeves as bit of joint pain)

axle power snatch

- 5 x 2 at 50ish?

axle power clean

- 5 x 2 same weight just working technique

Axle standing press

- to 70ish x reps (working on flexibility getting all the way down to shoulders each rep)

back extension machine

- 2 x 15

Belt squat rdl's with 2" thickbar

- empty x 15

- +20kg x 15, 15

Assisted russian leg curls

- dont know weight 2 x reps (these were really hard and hurting left knee)

Close grip bench (eleiko powerlifting plates an bench)

- to 120kg x 10 (very easy, definately easier with bar not shaking etc)

Plate pinch

- 4 10kg x 1 (no chalking plates, limited chalk and no real warm up/grip was shot so these arnt hard at all)

Pull ups

- 2" hammer grip hold 5 secs

- same but 3 half pull ups (bit of tendon pain in right arm)

2" hammer grip pull downs

- 2 x reps different widths (wow these cables feel awesome, definately expensive stuff)

2" longbar seated row

- 2 x reps (same thing, never has a seated row felt this good)

2" grip side lateral machine

- 3 x reps

This is exactly why i said something on these plates being used to pinch, im not at all in any kind of pinch shape right now, no plate pinch training, an they go up first try with no real warm up, not even chalking the plates an with a shot grip. Yet in 2 years of training for the feat on standard size plates, actually what we classed as thin plates, didnt get 1mm of air. I'm sorry but It's just not the same feat (Becca also did 3 10kg easy as seen in video, no warm ups nothing just in the middle of benching).

• Like 1

Light with slow eccentrics on basically everything weights wise, just ticking over, signed up at that gym. Got some massage done, very rough and sore from it but seems to have helped some with my back.

SSB low box squat

- to 85kg 3 x 3

Grippers (ccs width or better)

- to coc #4 to silver bullet x 13 R

- coc #4 to silver bullet x 4 L (can do better was not in best position)

- coc #3 slow motion with clickers R (little better but still not the best)

- coc #3 slowish with clickers L (felt stronger)

Sumo deadlift

- 75kg 6 x 3

Strict barbell press (5 secs hold at top, 10 secs eccentrics on these)

- to 65kg 2 x 3 (brutal)

Close grip bench press

- to 145kg x 3 (easy enough but could have slown it down a bit better)

One hand plate pinch (thin elieko's)

- to 4 x 10kg

Lat pulldown 2" grip

4 x reps

Tricep pushdowns "2 v-grip

- 4 x reps