Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

Yesterday did fat gripz rolling handle up to a near miss at setup +87.5kg then 3 sets of reps at +75kg, best being 11. After this actually didn't have much left, seemed to really kill the grip. Did 3 sets timed holds on ironmind pinch block with 30kg followed by meat hook at 240kg for reps but only managed to get 4 (was expecting 10 easy) then did thumbless grip rack pulls at 190kg and grip went on 7th rep. Last week did 180 x 20 on a thicker bar so expected 20.

Same thing happened with Becca, very weak on meat hook, couldn't even lift 120kg after the rolling handle reps (her best is 150kg).

Did 20 reps at 200kg with the meat hooks yesterday. Just breaking it off the floor apart from the last rep, wasn't using 4" blocks.

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

WSH 2017 cancelled.

Do you know why? Those were awesome lifts they were having.

Edited by Kluv#0

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Do you know why? Those were awesome lifts they were having.

Not as yet. However, given he only announced the lifts last week I think Paul was hoping those lifts were included. They're not even in the British.

David is asked why the WSH was cancelled here: https://www.facebook.com/david.horne.3192

Edited by mobsterone
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mobsterone said:

Not as yet. However, given he only announced the lifts last week I think Paul was hoping those lifts were included. They're not even in the British.

David is asked why the WSH was cancelled here: https://www.facebook.com/david.horne.3192

Thank you for the response😀

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 0:31 PM, mobsterone said:

WSH 2017 cancelled.

Yeah, wasn't the best events for me personally anyway as was so soon after Europe's and all very different events, would have had 4 weeks to train for it so wouldn't have bothered anyway personally.

• Like 1

So of course she wasn't supposed to be doing anything grip related since we have grip training tomorrow but grippers had been left in the car from when her brother wanted a go on them and a friend picked one up to try and was asking how to do it. Becca thought it was the trainer and decided to show her by closing it. Turned out it was the #2, which she had tns closed easy with no chalk or warm up whilst driving with the other hand haha #3 cert will happen.

It might be a little while before we get the videos sorted so Becca today managed a solid 55.3kg lift on the 2.5" crusher her first time using it. I've been Ill all week and only managed 80.3kg, hopefully better next time. Becca also did 11 reps at 42.8kg and me 7 reps at 70.3kg.

Were sorting our full training workouts out with commentary now, hopefully getting the first workout up end of this week but here's Becca's 55kg lift on the crusher. I completely forgot to show the plates, they are colour coordinated apart from the 5kg on top but will bring scales to the gym and measure the handle next week. Handle and pin weighs 5.3kg.

• Like 3

On 27/02/2017 at 10:38 PM, Biffmaister said:

Cool to be following the log of the favorite for Europe's. Would be amazing to see a level 25 close on the Vulcan. Keep grinding the next couple months! 

We will see, hard training all around and the best man will win.

• Like 1

No videos from last grip training, sickness did not go away, was nearly passing out. Bodyweight went down from 143kg to 136.8kg in two weeks. Now after holiday and eating lots is back up to 141.7kg. True prep for Europe's starts Monday with videos.

Got video of Becca doing another record on 2.5" crusher last week.

• Like 2

First video of final 10 week prep towards Europe's. Introduction and background plus 33.4kg ironmind blockbuster pinch lift by becca in this video.

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoy watching your videos👍/Göran

• Like 2

^Agreed I'm really interested in how the feeder workouts work for your forearms I may add that to my routine in the near future. Please keep us updated. 

• Like 1

Glad you liked the videos guys. So far I haven't noticed any real

difference in the forearms but thumb pad size has hugely increased even in 5 days so its looking promising.

• Like 1

For those who didn't catch it in Mondays session, here's Becca's huge lift of 30kg plus the setup on the blockbuster pinch. A total of 33.4kg (74lb). She's already raising the bar for female grip athletes but believe me there's plenty more to come.

• Like 2