Who Has The Copyright On The Dumbbell Inch And Dumbbell Millennium?

Kashtan

Here's the picture that includes the 25 second claim:

http://www.cyberpump...IronHistory/aav

Ok that is cool, sitting the bell on your leg for a hold is definitely the same thing as a lift. I must now exclude myself from further discussion on this.

I feel like they're even acknowledging the assist in the caption. They go on to clarify that only one side came up in an actual attempt, which is honestly not much movement. To your point, it is dangerous how this becomes "he lifted the MDB and held it for 25 seconds" through the telephone game.

Any dumbbell which is not of the original seven 228lb versions or the one off Alan had made (the so-called Millennium trainer, now owned by Laine Snook) which is called a 'Millennium Dumbbell' we will advise said makers to change the name.

Steve, do you know the whereabouts of all 7 Millennnium Dumbells?

I am going to guess:

1. You have one.

2. Alan Radley?

3. Kevin Bussi in Southern California.

4. John Wood?

5. Two owned by Mark Henry?

6. I have no idea where the 7th is.

And for that matter, except for Kevin Bussi's in Southern California, I am not really sure of where any of them are.

Just a bit of trivia I am curious about.

Here's the picture that includes the 25 second claim:

http://www.cyberpump...IronHistory/aav

Ok that is cool, sitting the bell on your leg for a hold is definitely the same thing as a lift. I must now exclude myself from further discussion on this.

I feel like they're even acknowledging the assist in the caption. They go on to clarify that only one side came up in an actual attempt, which is honestly not much movement. To your point, it is dangerous how this becomes "he lifted the MDB and held it for 25 seconds" through the telephone game.

That is how I read it also Matt. It sounds like he cheated it up (or someone handed it to him) and he held it in that position. I can't even lift the Inch so its still impressive to me. I'm not hating.

I had no idea John could lift that even if he cheated. I take it back what I said about the inch but I have extreme doubts that John is better than Adam at bell lifts, having just watched the 100 Inch replica lifts video.

The way that shirt is stretching, it's pretty clear his body is not letting the globes rotate. I don't really see that being too much different than say doing a one arm hang off a fat pull-up bar for time. Good effort, sure, but not on the level of what was implied earlier in the thread.

Is John Wood the guy from the Joe Kinney DVD interview?

Hello Igor,

Are you planning to make some dumbbells ?

• Like 1

At one point, Joe Roark had a Millennium DB. Not sure if it's the one Kevin has now or not. I thought Joel Sward had bought it, and feel like the Larson's might have got it from Joel.

Hello Igor,

Hi Casey. Not I, but we have already created in the Ukraine a few dumbbells, two of our best Strongman (Sergey Romanchuk and Boris Kurbatskiy) has tried them. Among the two dumbbells Baby Inch, Inch, and 102 kg dumbbell (1 kg lighter than the original Millennium). A month later, the first big competition going with these dumbbells.

I have a question about Millennium Dumbbell:

A. Why is it so called? Is it because that is created at the turn of the millennia? In 2000?

Two. When they were created?

Three. Who are the originals, except Gardener, Snook, Kim Wood, Radley?

4. This dumbbell-size is very similar in size (226 pounds or 102 k) dumbbell John Grun Marx, who drew it up to the knees, and Louis Uni Apollo tossed to the level of the neck and smashed on the ground. It's by accident or by design is the similarity?

Five. Who deadlifted this dumbbell? I only found: Gardener, Snook, Henry (do not know whether there was a successful attempt), Haugen, Durnet (perhaps?), John Wood (holding 25 seconds!), Chris James (perhaps?). Felix tried twice to no avail. Who else?

John NEVER lifted it. In the ONE photo it's quite visible that his shirt is pinned by the bell. You can also see the truck bed. What he did, which is a hard feat in and of itself, is hold it for a moment. Where 25 seconds came from as a claim I have no idea. Rumor probably. Kim has made some claim in John's behalf but other than that photo that's all we have.

Any dumbbell which is not of the original seven 228lb versions or the one off Alan had made (the so-called Millennium trainer, now owned by Laine Snook) which is called a 'Millennium Dumbbell' we will advise said makers to change the name.

Steve, do you know the whereabouts of all 7 Millennnium Dumbells?

I am going to guess:

1. You have one.

2. Alan Radley?

3. Kevin Bussi in Southern California.

4. John Wood?

5. Two owned by Mark Henry?

6. I have no idea where the 7th is.

And for that matter, except for Kevin Bussi's in Southern California, I am not really sure of where any of them are.

Just a bit of trivia I am curious about.

In a word nope. I Do have one (still in the Gloucester gym and to be collected when I move). Alan and I sold one to Wag Bennet (now dead) and I do not know who has his. Another was sold to a buddy of mine (again I have no idea if he still has it as I have not seen nor spoken to this guy for reasons I will not bore you with) for some time. Alan had one and I know he sold the special 'cut off' version to Laine (you can see it in Laine's most recent videos). Three were sold to Kim who still has one and I think one was swapped with Joe for something who has since sold or swapped it again. The other final US one... no idea.

• Like 1

I my be very wrong, but who is the owner of the one that appears in a video where Odd Haugen attempts? For some awkward reason I thought it was Kevin Bussi's. I'm almost sure I'm wrong though, but just throwing this one out there in case it helps remember who owns this one.

I my be very wrong, but who is the owner of the one that appears in a video where Odd Haugen attempts? For some awkward reason I thought it was Kevin Bussi's. I'm almost sure I'm wrong though, but just throwing this one out there in case it helps remember who owns this one.

I remember Kevin had one. But, after reading this thread, I am beginning to wonder if it was a "replica". I am pretty sure it was an original, but...

Hello Igor,

Hi Casey. Not I, but we have already created in the Ukraine a few dumbbells, two of our best Strongman (Sergey Romanchuk and Boris Kurbatskiy) has tried them. Among the two dumbbells Baby Inch, Inch, and 102 kg dumbbell (1 kg lighter than the original Millennium). A month later, the first big competition going with these dumbbells.

Thats great news. I am sure you will do very well with the thick handled dumbbells, given your rolling thunder strength. Can't wait to see some videos !

• Like 1

Hello Igor,

Thats great news. I am sure you will do very well with the thick handled dumbbells, given your rolling thunder strength. Can't wait to see some videos !

Thanks.

Dumbbell not 103 (228 lbs) but 102 k. 226 lbs. Replica of Apollon and John Grun Marx dumbbell.

Matt Van Weele say on Joe Ruark forum on 2004 year:

"John Wood is able to lift the millenium db off the ground about a foot. No tilt."

It'll be one of the two Kim swapped. At some point, and we've seen the photos and videos, they've been swapped and or sold and made their way around the US. The photo of John W shows one it's it's primer painted only state and was taken more or less the day they arrived. Later photos show painted bells. This gives you a time scale.