One Arm 2 Finger Pull Up

fightertrainer

I can't imagine how strong he must be! BTW, he's the world champ in AW

My buddy does one and hes just a normal dude... plus he does it on a tiny little ring!

I will post...

plus he does it on a tiny little ring!

Which is easier. I thought this was obvious. :D

Really. Tell him to try it with his two fingers on a 1 inch pull-up bar and ask him if it's not much harder than the "tiny little ring" (in which he can perfectly wrap his fingers around).

But to the guy's credit, that was STRONG of course!

ehh I am going to have to disagree with you on that one Arturo.. respectively of course. the small diameter of the ring causes extreme discomfort on the soft tissue of the fingers and this ring swings as where the pull up bar is fixed... the swinging associated with the ring causes more problems from a stabilization stand point. Even though the bar is thicker, it is fixed; I campare these like doing just a general one arm pull up to a one arm pull up on gymnastic rings... completely different story.

Not as clean as Artem's but still crazy strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jad, definitely! I will try to get a clip of his brother doing a two finger, one arm pull up on the rings with an insane range of motion... it's scary strong stuff lol.

ehh I am going to have to disagree with you on that one Arturo.. respectively of course. the small diameter of the ring causes extreme discomfort on the soft tissue of the fingers and this ring swings as where the pull up bar is fixed... the swinging associated with the ring causes more problems from a stabilization stand point. Even though the bar is thicker, it is fixed; I campare these like doing just a general one arm pull up to a one arm pull up on gymnastic rings... completely different story.

NJGrip: of course it's respectufully (if that's what you meant by respectively), I only mean to discuss in a friendly matter. :)

Tell me this: Why do strongmen who lift hundreds of poudns with one finger, always use a little ring like that? Why can't they come even close to 1-finger lifting as much weight on a 1" bar, even if it were non revolving like a Farmer's walk implement. Sure, the ring hurts, but it allows more weight to be lifted. Would you not agree?

No disrespect meant, but I can lock off on a gymnastic ring when I'm in shape.

Never been able to do that on a regular pull up bar.

Not having to fight rotation makes a lot of difference, at least in my case.

The ring does make it incredibly easier than a bar- in that video he is also is using his thumb which would help. Also webbing is the same way. I can do 2 middle finger pull ups easy on a bar but cant with any other finger. With webbing I can do pinky pull ups no problem at all. I can do 3 finger one handed ones on a bar and have yet to try with webbing.

NJGrip: of course it's respectufully (if that's what you meant by respectively), I only mean to discuss in a friendly matter. :)

Tell me this: Why do strongmen who lift hundreds of poudns with one finger, always use a little ring like that? Why can't they come even close to 1-finger lifting as much weight on a 1" bar, even if it were non revolving like a Farmer's walk implement. Sure, the ring hurts, but it allows more weight to be lifted. Would you not agree?

I definitely agree with you on that aspect but most of the strongmen I have seen do that are using some sort of protection as well as only lifting for fractions of a second. when I mean protection I mean a towel or some sort of leather (enabling them to deal with the pain).

The ring does make it incredibly easier than a bar- in that video he is also is using his thumb which would help. Also webbing is the same way. I can do 2 middle finger pull ups easy on a bar but cant with any other finger. With webbing I can do pinky pull ups no problem at all. I can do 3 finger one handed ones on a bar and have yet to try with webbing

Dan- when you refer to webbing, what do you mean? like eagle claw straps??

also...

who is using their thumb? the guy in the first vid?

I just thought that due to the stabilized nature of a bar, completing a regular one arm pull up would be substantially easier than completing a one arm pull on the gym rings. I guess I am wrong?

none taken at all!

when you say fighting rotation, I am guessing the body starts to spin a bit when attempting this feat on a generic bar??

I would think that it is harder to hold the finger on a 1" bar as far as strength.

A little ring would be easy to lock in the finger BUT it is a great feat of how much pain you can take. I'm 230pounds and not all of it is muscle so I have to just theorize this. I wont try to hang on two fingers.

heyo, im the kid in hunts video, thanks for all your kinds words haha, i agree with arturo, i had never tried any sort of finger pullups but matt was over and i was off that day so i was just messing around and grabbed it and decided to try to pull up it almost worked which is what you have there. but yeah the fixed bar i think would have to be much harder, i'll have to try in a few days when i do some pull-ups, or later today when hunt comes over. i was around 205-210 pounds in the video, it hurt pretty bad, but it was much easier to hold onto the little guys i think

heyo, im the kid in hunts video, thanks for all your kinds words haha, i agree with arturo, i had never tried any sort of finger pullups but matt was over and i was off that day so i was just messing around and grabbed it and decided to try to pull up it almost worked which is what you have there. but yeah the fixed bar i think would have to be much harder, i'll have to try in a few days when i do some pull-ups, or later today when hunt comes over. i was around 205-210 pounds in the video, it hurt pretty bad, but it was much easier to hold onto the little guys i think

You're 205-210 in that video????

Forget the debate on finger strength for a minute. I imagine with his whole hand he could do a full one arm pullup. Now THAT'S impressive regardless of the finger strength question.

Edited by thewalrus

haha i was at the time yes, im about 198 now. i could do a one arm pullup on basically any apparatus, i just need to get my lats trained a little better to be able to finish the movement, i can pull chin to wrist but the last few inches is brutal. i did a bunch of them today after some shoulder pressing and dumbbell benching with hunt filming, maybe he'll put some of them up today.

very strong here

none taken at all!

when you say fighting rotation, I am guessing the body starts to spin a bit when attempting this feat on a generic bar??

Yup, that's what I mean, I think the biceps is actually involved in supination so that would explain the increased dificulty.

Well I tested out my strength tonight in regards to difficulty of 1" bar vs thin spectra webbing(~.5" flat rope basically). I could hang on the bar with 2 fingers but it was very difficult- held it for maybe 5 seconds. 2 fingers in webbing was much easier I held 10 seconds no problem. I didn't attempt one finger on the bar because there is no way I could do it at this point. I could hold one finger on the webbing for a couple seconds- prob enough to do a pull up. If I work up to one finger on the bar/webbing with a pull up ill get a vid.

I would also like to note with the webbing I was holding it similar to how I would hold the bar I didn't have my hand closed into a fist which I think would make it easier.

Edited by DanCottle

• 2 months later...

Nice work! I done them back in 2005.Them are very good for finger strength