Ironmind Egg Vs Grip Ball

leatz1jd

I was wondering what exactly is an ironmind egg. It looks like it is the same as a grip ball that you would buy at a sporting good store. Can someone tell me. I get pain in my forearms from typing on the computer at work all day and have been using the grip ball for some rehab stuff but was wondering the egg was and if it is worth it.

I was wondering what exactly is an ironmind egg. It looks like it is the same as a grip ball that you would buy at a sporting good store. Can someone tell me. I get pain in my forearms from typing on the computer at work all day and have been using the grip ball for some rehab stuff but was wondering the egg was and if it is worth it.

I have a blue egg. It is similar to stress balls but the material is much more dense (but squeezable), especially for the blue egg. The rounded ends of the egg are different in size. I like to use the smaller side for my thumbs. This thing can take a serious beating too, I have tried to rip it but it won't budge. Stress balls that I have used have too much give to them and are made of too soft a gel-like material, the egg would probably give you more resistance and a better workout. $20 is pricey though. I use mine to mainly if I have pain in my hands and can't use grippers, sometimes for warm ups before the grippers.

Look up "Eggsercizer" on Amazon and you'll find The same thing cheaper. Good warmup for the thumbs, as I remember them. I do, however, have the 1 pound grip ball that the Gripper Superstore carries and find it does warm up my hands quite well...

Edited by 33wes

• 11 months later...

Saw The Gripp ar REI yesterday. Any thoughts compared to IM Egg? Im considerng just using racquetball as im thinking it may accomplish same thing as these eggs or stress balls....

Look up "Eggsercizer" on Amazon and you'll find The same thing cheaper. Good warmup for the thumbs, as I remember them. I do, however, have the 1 pound grip ball that the Gripper Superstore carries and find it does warm up my hands quite well...

I'm not sure what these are made from, but they are a lot smaller than an IronMind EGG (so they cost a less to make), but all of these things (and others) are tools I would put in the active rest category—they are great for between-workout stuff, and as stress relievers.

IronMind began with a gel-type product many years ago (the guy who told us about it said it was the same stuff used in breast implants and then got unhappy when we mentioned this), and we had the Snoball for years before we developed the EGG. I generally recommend the green EGG—it's softer but still tough enough for even a CoC3 or CoC4 to clamp down on full force.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my blue egg, usually mash on it while watching movies, or relaxing, I find its good for rehabing hurt tendons, or soreness.