2" Vbar Race To 300 Lbs.

Malice

I tried my v bar today. My best was 205 with my left. My right hand is stronger then my left but I could not break 200 with my right. What is up with that! Maybe it is worn out from doing the heaver gripper in the RRBT program. I just don’t get it :online

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• bencrush

• odin

• Cannon

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ and Bob - very nice pulls guys!!!

Thanks Ben, still a long way to go to reach your great level of strength.

I tried my v bar today. My best was 205 with my left. My right hand is stronger then my left but I could not break 200 with my right. What is up with that! Maybe it is worn out from doing the heaver gripper in the RRBT program. I just don’t get it :online

I'm the same on this. Lefty is stronger...haven't figured it out yet but I'll take it :)

I've been checking out the 1" vbar race thread and I think when I reach my goal here of 300 I might give the 1" vbar a try if I can find one. I figure by that time I'll have the basics of the lift figured out enough to maybe not hurt myself on it.

Hit a PR of 216 last night, and got lots of movement out of 221, but not a good lift. Unfortunately I got the 221 on video and not the 216! :turn

I don't know Matt, that looked close to 2" to me. Either way, strong pull brother! See if you can find something 2" high to put in front next time so you can tell if it clears. I call it a white on 221.

Nice improvement Matt! Do you feel like you're poised to go on a nice v-bar PR run? :rock

Nice improvement Matt! Do you feel like you're poised to go on a nice v-bar PR run? :rock

Thanks guys!

I don't know Bob, but I have been good for another 5-10lbs each time I try. I've only trained this lift 3 times so I'm still getting the hang of the lift.

Let me ask: is it legal to tip the bar first, then lift? I feel like you can almost hop the weight up doing that.

Thanks guys!

I don't know Bob, but I have been good for another 5-10lbs each time I try. I've only trained this lift 3 times so I'm still getting the hang of the lift.

Let me ask: is it legal to tip the bar first, then lift? I feel like you can almost hop the weight up doing that.

I haven't heard anything about tipping the bar being a "cheat". Just don't hook grip it or use your legs to assist and you should be ok.

Other than a cheated/v-bar'd Inch lift, I wonder what other grip work will be helped by training 2" v-bar, if any? Ben?

I don't know Matt, that looked close to 2" to me. Either way, strong pull brother! See if you can find something 2" high to put in front next time so you can tell if it clears. I call it a white on 221.

You're nice, but you can see me lose it in the video. I wish I had gotten the 216 lift! Maybe next time. And I'll put a block in there.

Other than a cheated/v-bar'd Inch lift, I wonder what other grip work will be helped by training 2" v-bar, if any? Ben?

It helped my Axle pulls actually. Nothing else besides maybe a bit of help on my Inch trainer.

It helped my Axle pulls actually. Nothing else besides maybe a bit of help on my Inch trainer.

Thanks Ben! I could use a little help w/the Inch.

It was cold (50 degrees), wet and a crappy vbar day for me. I only pulled 230 lbs. and couldn't get any warmth in my hands or wrists. Dave however was on fire and pulled a huge 30 lb. PR for 205 lbs. Big congrats Dave!!

It was cold (50 degrees), wet and a crappy vbar day for me. I only pulled 230 lbs. and couldn't get any warmth in my hands or wrists. Dave however was on fire and pulled a huge 30 lb. PR for 205 lbs. Big congrats Dave!!

Cold @ 50 degrees. That is get a bathing suit and play in the sprinkler weather for Flagstaff. :D

I just starting to learn YouTube. I uploaded my ho-hum video of me and my Vbar. I think I got up 180+. The bar was freaking cold that morning because we got a record cold temp of 7 degrees the night before and all my stuff is kept in the garage.

My right hand is a wimp when it comes to this Vbar stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fbxLFPHb2Q

I'm very close to my first 300lb+ pull on the 2" vbar. On Monday I had a good workout that included 9 attempts at 303lbs on my FBBC (loaned) 2" vbar. Twice righty and once lefty I got 1" of air. Once on both hands I got 1/2" of air. Not quite a legal pull of course, but it's never long from when I get air at all to a legal 2" pull.

Warmed up with 207x1-both hands, 252x1-both hands, and 278x1-both hands. Then the real work/attempts began.:D

I'm very close to my first 300lb+ pull on the 2" vbar. On Monday I had a good workout that included 9 attempts at 303lbs on my FBBC (loaned) 2" vbar. Twice righty and once lefty I got 1" of air. Once on both hands I got 1/2" of air. Not quite a legal pull of course, but it's never long from when I get air at all to a legal 2" pull.

Warmed up with 207x1-both hands, 252x1-both hands, and 278x1-both hands. Then the real work/attempts began.:D

Awesome Ben! I was hoping you would join us seeing as it was mainly seeing you pull 286 that sparked my interest in this event.

Last night I got a good pull on 221 and got movement out of 226. Progress.

Nice one Matt! It's gettin real up in here boys and girls :mosher