2" Vbar Race To 300 Lbs.

Malice

Last night I got a good pull on 221 and got movement out of 226. Progress.

Very nice Matt!:mosher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• bencrush

• odin

• Cannon

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys tried a smooth bar - no chalk - and then use the water trick? I think most of you probably have. I don't use it anymore because it's not something that's likely to happen at a contest (at least on the 2" vbar) so it won't have any carryover. But it's extremely humid in my garage and the chalk has essentially just sweated off my bar and I still had 303lbs on it when I went out about 30 minutes ago to do a pinch workout. Dried it off and then did the water trick and pulled it about 3" with my left and about 2" with my right. Probably could've gone about 10lbs higher with my left though since neither of those were with a warmup. Unrelated side note: I've tried the water trick with my 1" vbar a few times and it never worked.

Have you guys tried a smooth bar - no chalk - and then use the water trick? I think most of you probably have. I don't use it anymore because it's not something that's likely to happen at a contest (at least on the 2" vbar) so it won't have any carryover. But it's extremely humid in my garage and the chalk has essentially just sweated off my bar and I still had 303lbs on it when I went out about 30 minutes ago to do a pinch workout. Dried it off and then did the water trick and pulled it about 3" with my left and about 2" with my right. Probably could've gone about 10lbs higher with my left though since neither of those were with a warmup. Unrelated side note: I've tried the water trick with my 1" vbar a few times and it never worked.

Ben, I decided to go straight for chalk and practice that way based on an almost identical comment from you in another thread----that I would probably never see a clean v-bar in a contest, and cleaning off seasoned chalk would probably be "frowned on." And by frowed on, I mean probably killed.

Ben, I decided to go straight for chalk and practice that way based on an almost identical comment from you in another thread----that I would probably never see a clean v-bar in a contest, and cleaning off seasoned chalk would probably be "frowned on." And by frowed on, I mean probably killed.

Hahaha!:D I think you're right. It's a shame too because I walked by that 303lbs again this afternoon during some garage cleanup and pulled it lefty.

Hahaha!:D I think you're right. It's a shame too because I walked by that 303lbs again this afternoon during some garage cleanup and pulled it lefty.

Is your left hand stronger on vbar? I wonder if a lot of people who have a stronger right hand do vbar better with the left. Me and Russ are that way. It is not logical but it may be so. I think Ill do a pool on the gripboard.

Is your left hand stronger on vbar? I wonder if a lot of people who have a stronger right hand do vbar better with the left. Me and Russ are that way. It is not logical but it may be so. I think Ill do a pool on the gripboard.

It used to be until early this year. I only lifted it lefty because I had a can of Coke in my right hand and wanted to showboat and lift it with the can of pop in my right hand. Didn't look very nonchalant, but I surely got some style points for doing it that way.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this thread. This weekend was the first in a few weeks I've had a chance at vbar and I only got 250...no PR but I'm still happy with it since it wasn't the first grip thing I did that day. Hopefully I'll get a bit more consistency with it and maybe try some reps or something.

How long does it usually take to get on the FBBC cert lists? I sent in not only my vid but my friends too over a month ago and haven't heard anything back and am not on the list. I sent them not only to the certs email but the new contact email as well. Just curious if these are still being updated so I know whether to send in vids for other lists.