2" Vbar Race To 300 Lbs.

Malice

Ok, this is the official thread for a race to pulling 300 lbs. with a 2" vbar.

I don't have a vid yet (will get one this weekend) but my best is 230 lbs. My goal is 3hundo by the end of the year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• bencrush

• odin

• Cannon

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Russ - I've been looking for a reason to dust off my v-bar.

I’m in. I have to make a 2" v-bar first so everybody wait until I'm finished (joking! :upsidedwn ).

I know that they are 2 feet long. Does it matter if it is that 1.9 OD piping or do you have to get 2.0" hot or cold rolled steel. I looked into it and it is a big price difference.

I’m in. I have to make a 2" v-bar first so everybody wait until I'm finished (joking! :upsidedwn ).

I know that they are 2 feet long. Does it matter if it is that 1.9 OD piping or do you have to get 2.0" hot or cold rolled steel. I looked into it and it is a big price difference.

Hey Rich- not sure if this race is FBBC v-bars only, or anything goes. Russ?

Hey Rich- not sure if this race is FBBC v-bars only, or anything goes. Russ?

I looked into FBBC and it answered my question as far as it being a 2" solid hunk of steel. If its FBBC only then let me know Russ.

Anything goes. There's no trophys (unless I win) or world record claims here so run what ya brung.

NOW I know why Russ was texting me :) Rich if you are ever down south (Chandler not Tucson)you can come over and try the FBBC one Russ and I are using to get the feel. We are trying to start working grip regularly on Saturdays if you feel like a drive.

NOW I know why Russ was texting me :) Rich if you are ever down south (Chandler not Tucson)you can come over and try the FBBC one Russ and I are using to get the feel. We are trying to start working grip regularly on Saturdays if you feel like a drive.

Dave, you're pretty much part of this race by default :whistel

Here's Dave Delgado(D_in_Az) pulling 175 lbs. earlier today.

That's my daughter Megan in the background who has to go to the bathroom

Does anybody know who to send videos to for FBBC certs now? I tried the email addy on their website but they were sent back.

Nice pull Russ!

Thanks Bob!

jdonaldson@fatbastardbarbellco.com

Thanks again Bob!!

Feel free to critique my form/technique or lack of. I'm still just grabbing and pulling without any real idea of technique. I've seen a few other vids but you can't really pick up fine points that way.

Dang. I didn’t know you guys were doing it with one hand. I built a Vbar but haven’t done much with it because I don’t own a lot of Olympic weights. Ill try it out soon (just went to sears and got two 45s. I should wait until I have some skin on my fingers again.

nice lift, made it look easy. lookin like 300 is in the near future !

Anything goes. There's no trophys (unless I win) or world record claims here so run what ya brung.

I'm in, and if I win I demand a trophy. It can be a converted bowling trophy or anything though. Except not some high school DECA trophy.

My current best is a 200-ish full lift and I got 210 high enough and lost it at the top.

That's a nice lift Bob!

Thanks Josh! Still lots of room for improvement. As you know, I'm not to bright re: figuring out technique, but I feel like I am wired well for this lift.

Very nice pulls Bob!!

Thanks Russ! I will improve due to the device seasoning even if I don't try this lift regularly, I'm sure. Right now, it's glassy in texture and barely takes chalk.