Championship Of Armsrestling Russia Mar.19-20 2011

Kashtan

Russian nationals are probably more difficult than the European Championships, which in turn are probably more difficult than the world championships. Russian nationals is probably the most difficult tournament in the world.

Russian nationals are probably more difficult than the European Championships, which in turn are probably more difficult than the world championships. Russian nationals is probably the most difficult tournament in the world.

Russian Nationals is for sure a very hard tournament.

But to say it's the most difficult tournament in the world in general, I don't know.

If you compare it only to europeans and worlds it may be true but again only for some weight classes depending on who is competing but compared to every tournament in the world I don't think so.

Just think of an open Class at Nemiroff with Rustam, Cyplenkov, Puskar, Genadi, Brzenk, Ruslan, Fugarov, etc.

I think it's hard to imagine a harder class than that. But again, that also changes with every year..

• 4 weeks later...

Russian Nationals is for sure a very hard tournament.

But to say it's the most difficult tournament in the world in general, I don't know.

If you compare it only to europeans and worlds it may be true but again only for some weight classes depending on who is competing but compared to every tournament in the world I don't think so.

Just think of an open Class at Nemiroff with Rustam, Cyplenkov, Puskar, Genadi, Brzenk, Ruslan, Fugarov, etc.

I think it's hard to imagine a harder class than that. But again, that also changes with every year..

Let's talk about a tournament.... not OPEN CLASSES... and as tournament i think russian nationals are very tough for the mix of level/number of the competitors for each classes.

Plus...Think about the russians that travel to attend to WAF/EAF championships are not always the firsts in their classes for money problems... and anyway they're the men you must beat if you want to reach the podium.

BTW In the list above there is "ONLY" John from outside the eastern Europe... think about it too...

Let's wait Devon to the Nemiroff.....

I'd vote for the Nemiroff as the hardest because it's untested and you have larger weight classes

I'd vote for the Nemiroff as the hardest because it's untested and you have larger weight classes

Nemiroff is probably the hardest tournament for the heavyweights (maybe the 209 class too). I still think Russian nationals is the hardest tournament in the world under for 198 pounds and under. I don't know if Russian nationals is a tested tournament, but that wouldn't stop those guys anyway.

I know someone is going to mention Rustam in the 187 class at Nemiroff or whatever that class is. That's still just one person though. I think Russian nats is the most STACKED class for every weight class for 198 and under. That doesn't mean each class has the best in the world, only that I think each class has the highest concentration of world class armwrestlers.

Edited by thewalrus