Snathcing a pair of plates

Guest Talons

Guest Talons

Has anyone ever read the article by Bob Hoffman entitled: 'How strong is your grip"?

In it, he repeatedly refers to a few guys who developed hand strength sufficient to enable snatching a pair of 50lb plates. He didn't, however, specify whether or not this was done one-handed or not, so I'll be conservative an assume that it was done two-handed.

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe one 50 or a pair of 25s. Forget even a

remote chance of anything human snatching a

pinched pair of 45s let alone 50s.RS621

I have One Arm Snatched with a pinch grip 35kg (77lbs) using David Horne's competition plates that are 2" thick and One Arm Cleaned 40kg(38.75kg officially) using the same pinch grip and apparatus. The trouble with two 20kg plates for me would be the height of them at the turn over point would make them very, very hard to control. Nice idea though for a feat of strength.

A wrestler at a gym I used to go to would flip and catch rubber oly plates. I guess that is somewhat akin to what you are describing. I tried it myself, and thought it was big fun, though the 20kg plates were out of my range to control.

Beware, though: I lost a 10kg plate onto my feet while doing this, and only quick reactions saved the toes.