York Putting On "picnic Like" Day

1stCoC

I just spoke with Mike Locondro at York Barbell(micondro@yorkbarbell.com) and he is doing a day of strength fund raiser for our Wounded Warriors. It will be like a old York Picnic(they were wonderful) type day of strength with heavy emphasis on grip. There will also be an induction for Slim The Hammer Man into the York hall of fame. Mike has extended the invitation to ALL groups no matter their interest or "camp" as long as they have interest in strength. Seems like a great coming together. Pass the word to one and all. He says he is collecting piles of nails, phone books, and grip toys to use as a "grip throwdown" area. Another great way for US as a group to support, promote, and enjoy grip. Good for them!Richard Sorin

This would be awesome to attend! I think it was Mike L. that Rindo and I chatted with last year when I was down. Spent a whole afternoon there and would've spent more. Sometimes I really wish I was closer to the action down there.

I just spoke with Mike Locondro at York Barbell(micondro@yorkbarbell.com) and he is doing a day of strength fund raiser for our Wounded Warriors. It will be like a old York Picnic(they were wonderful) type day of strength with heavy emphasis on grip. There will also be an induction for Slim The Hammer Man into the York hall of fame. Mike has extended the invitation to ALL groups no matter their interest or "camp" as long as they have interest in strength. Seems like a great coming together. Pass the word to one and all. He says he is collecting piles of nails, phone books, and grip toys to use as a "grip throwdown" area. Another great way for US as a group to support, promote, and enjoy grip. Good for them!Richard Sorin

Where will this be held Richard?

Where will this be held Richard?

At York Barbell in York, PA I believe.

Held as listed in topic description............ May 21 at York barbell Co. York , Pa Thanks RS

I just spent a few hours at York Barbell talking with Mike Locondro and Tim Bonitz about the Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Slim "The Hammerman" Farman on May 21st. Looks like there's going to be plenty of steel to bend and phonebooks to tear for all who attend. There's also going to be grip implements to lift with commemorative t-shirts given as prizes. Other companies have made donations that will be given as prizes as well. We'll be asking for $1 to participate in some events with all proceeds going towards the Wounded Warrior Project. Mike Krivka will be doing a kettlebell workshop at $150 to participate. Admission to the event will be free.

Edited by Brian L

• 4 weeks later...

is there any more info about this? I looked at the york page and didn't see anything. a start time?

the email in the first post didn't work for me.

Edited by barbe705

Held as listed in topic description............ May 21 at York barbell Co. York , Pa Thanks RS

Sounds like fun, hope I can travel then :blink