Quad, Penta, And Hexa Band Atomgripz

Wade Gillingham

atomQuad.png4, 5, and 6 band AtomGripz are now in stock!

Wade, have you given the quad a try?? PS* I shared the link to your page everywhere (my blog, my facebook / group wall, and twitter.

Wade, have you given the quad a try?? PS* I shared the link to your page everywhere (my blog, my facebook / group wall, and twitter.

NJgrip23, kilkkinen have calibrate 3 Quad Bands gripper and ratings are (3.04), (3.19, (3.20)

NJgrip23, kilkkinen have calibrate 3 Quad Bands gripper and ratings are (3.04), (3.19, (3.20)

Tzyga,

Thanks man, thats a hard ass gripper lol

I've made my order! MM2 replica and Atomgripz Quad Band! :blush :blush :D

Thanks for starting to sell these, Wade.

Sounds like those will be perfect for what you were looking for!

Sounds like those will be perfect for what you were looking for!

Yeah Cannon, I think and hope so too!

Can't wait to get them. Got mail that they are already on their way!

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

• 2 weeks later...

Wade, I hope you don't mind if I put up a short review of the Atomgripz Quad, Penta, and Hexa Band grippers here (since I didn't buy them from the GSS). I figure it'll be okay since you're selling them and another positive review might help sell a few more.

I got my Quad, Penta, and Hexa Band grippers a few days ago. These are my new favorite grippers! I've been very impressed with the Triple Band gripper and have used it a lot in my training.

The Quad is 3 and 1/16" spread and very hard. Much harder than what I was expecting when I read that three of them have already been calibrated. I was expecting a gripper in the 160-170lb range. Or thereabouts. I don't have my calibrator set up anymore but I think my Quad is at least 185lbs. Feels even harder due to the wide spread.

These are beautiful grippers. I love the fit and finish on them and the knurling is perfect in my opinion.

The Penta and Hexa grippers are in a class by themselves.:yikes Massive springs. 2 and 9/16" spread - so they're pretty narrow too. The Penta is like a #4 and maybe one on the hard side. The Hexa is freaking insane!!!:blink In a good way. It appears to be a 3/8" diameter spring. So it's obviously going to be massively hard. Like chest crushing it won't even be an option for me with a trick shoulder. I don't think I could've chest crushed this beast to even parallel at my strongest though. It's beyond words.

The Penta and Hexa are frankly going to be mostly for collectors. Nothing wrong with that, because they are truly a sight to behold. And they would be good for someone working on the #4 at least for power sets (good luck with that on the Hexa) and negatives.

The Quad is 3 and 1/16" spread and very hard. Much harder than what I was expecting when I read that three of them have already been calibrated. I was expecting a gripper in the 160-170lb range. Or thereabouts. I don't have my calibrator set up anymore but I think my Quad is at least 185lbs. Feels even harder due to the wide spread.

These are beautiful grippers. I love the fit and finish on them and the knurling is perfect in my opinion.

I can echo these comments from Ben. I RGC rated a Triple and Quad for someone recently and was very impressed with the fit and finish. The detail at the top of the handle, above the bands, is very attractive. Atomgripz delivers where I think RB has sometimes left me wanting more. The Triple and Quad that I saw were totally functional, totally beautiful grippers.

From a rating standpoint, it seemed like the Quads were in the low 160s for the few that had been rated. The one I had went 162.51. Ben's report is the second that I have heard of them being harder. Dave Ostlund also told me the one he got feels harder than his 177.63 #3.5, but I have not rated his Quad yet.

The Triple that I rated was 132.53. Very smooth to close.

Wade, I hope you don't mind if I put up a short review of the Atomgripz Quad, Penta, and Hexa Band grippers here (since I didn't buy them from the GSS). I figure it'll be okay since you're selling them and another positive review might help sell a few more.

I got my Quad, Penta, and Hexa Band grippers a few days ago. These are my new favorite grippers! I've been very impressed with the Triple Band gripper and have used it a lot in my training.

The Penta and Hexa grippers are in a class by themselves.:yikes Massive springs. 2 and 9/16" spread - so they're pretty narrow too. The Penta is like a #4 and maybe one on the hard side. The Hexa is freaking insane!!!:blink In a good way. It appears to be a 3/8" diameter spring. So it's obviously going to be massively hard. Like chest crushing it won't even be an option for me with a trick shoulder. I don't think I could've chest crushed this beast to even parallel at my strongest though. It's beyond words.

The Penta and Hexa are frankly going to be mostly for collectors. Nothing wrong with that, because they are truly a sight to behold. And they would be good for someone working on the #4 at least for power sets (good luck with that on the Hexa) and negatives.

No problem Ben. I have noticed the quads vary from approx 2 7/8" - 3 1/8". The one I tried was under 3" and it felt similar to my easiest 3.5 which I think was around 160-165 rating. We've sold quite a few of these and as I dig deeper into the box I started to notice the difference in spread. I also agree that these grippers are very nice. I think they have the best handle in the business right now. Springs are quality - I don't notice any compression set after closing them which indicates a good steel is being used and they are being turned and heat treated appropriately. The only knock on them is the variation in the spread but since the quad and triple are mainly being bought as "tweener" grippers I don't see this as a huge deal.