Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• Cannon

• Geralt

• IROC-Z

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent closing! :whacked

Add me to the list. I recently picked up a #2.5 to help me on my way to the #3. My shaved #2 was too easy, and didn't seem to be helping my #3 progress at all. Here's my #2.5 close from earlier today. I'm optimistic for this year. -

Good luck to everyone!

I just closed #3 for the first time last week! I set it between 1" and 1.5", so I'm progressing rather well. CCS is the big challenge now!

I just closed #3 for the first time last week! I set it between 1" and 1.5", so I'm progressing rather well. CCS is the big challenge now!

Great job brother!!!

• 4 months later...

Time to dust this thread off and get back to work. There's only a couple months left in the year and since my grippers have been coming along well in the last couple months it's time to get serious about this again. I've been battling injuries off and on as well as training inconsistency but since leg 1 of WSH I've been training again regularly adn my strength has been coming along nicely. I'd say I'm close to my strongest gripper wise with a deep set. No idea CCS since I haven't even tried my 3 in a while with CCS. I've been having good results adding a max rep set MMS after my light explosive workouts so I think I'll change that to max reps CCS and see what that does.

So who else is ready to put in some work and get this done this year? From what I've been reading Cannon and Daniel Reinard should be pretty close not to mention a couple other people who didn't originally post here.

Time to dust this thread off and get back to work. There's only a couple months left in the year and since my grippers have been coming along well in the last couple months it's time to get serious about this again. I've been battling injuries off and on as well as training inconsistency but since leg 1 of WSH I've been training again regularly adn my strength has been coming along nicely. I'd say I'm close to my strongest gripper wise with a deep set. No idea CCS since I haven't even tried my 3 in a while with CCS. I've been having good results adding a max rep set MMS after my light explosive workouts so I think I'll change that to max reps CCS and see what that does.

So who else is ready to put in some work and get this done this year? From what I've been reading Cannon and Daniel Reinard should be pretty close not to mention a couple other people who didn't originally post here.

I'm doing my 3.5 cert at the end of November.

I'm with you. Lets get it done!

I'm doing my 3.5 cert at the end of November.

Awesome news Adam!!

I'm with you. Lets get it done!

I figured you would...I think you're closer to being ready for it than I am.

Get after it guys!

This made me look back at the last time I tried a CCS #3, back in May. Next workout i'll give it another go.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pulling out of this permanently. I'm sick of RS and his comments so I won't ever do an IM cert.

I didn't say this to start any kind of bash session just giving my reason for pulling out. I still think everyone else should keep pushing to get this done...only a couple months left guys!

I'm also pulling out of this challenge. Just don't have the desire anymore.

I'm pulling out of this permanently. I'm sick of RS and his comments so I won't ever do an IM cert.

I didn't say this to start any kind of bash session just giving my reason for pulling out. I still think everyone else should keep pushing to get this done...only a couple months left guys!

Where is this coming from Russ? Did I miss something that happened recently? Ofcourse nothing ment with this, I am familiar with the RS thing however and the board and so...

Anyway, certification I'm not going to get this year (but that wasn't the deal for me, I wanted to be able to pull of a CCS), however, a CCS should be possible this year, so I keep hanging on...didn't calculate surgery in however. But will see how it develops. Btw you ARE going strong on gripperwork.

Where did this come from? Wow...have I been off the board a while

I get where you are coming from Russ. I read that thread “I am a grip guy”. What I don’t get is the fact that RS sells grippers and then craps on people who like training grip. I’m really confused about this. I mean who gives a crap about the set. Its still grippers. Every one knows that the wider the set the harder it is to close the gripper. Its like he thinks people who do any thing different have no strength. People here that can close a MM3-7 have videos of them closing the COC#3 like a cheap ass Wal-mart gripper.

Shame that these kind of things are said against one and another, it's a negative discussion without end, let people train how they want to I would say..

It's about training, nothing more. And if mr. Strossen can sell grippers to those trainees, good for him. And on the other hand, if people want to certify on an IM COC, you know you have to do the CCS. And he has to respect how people train, you have to start somewhere indeed and no one would deny that a no set is stronger than a parallel set. Why can't we all just get along :flowers::grin: maybe a bit simplistic but all I want is to enjoy the sport and no one can say that great info isn't found on this board and for instance on David Horne's board.

I realize I'm way late to the party (I probably belong on a CoC 3 cert 2012 thread), but I just got my CoC 2, 2.5, and 3 in the mail today. I've been training with the CoC #1, and doing strap holds with 10# for 3 second holds. So I was thrilled to close the CoC 2 for 3 reps right out of the package, and I probably could do more, but I am going to ease into it. I train a lot of other stuff in the evening, and don't want to be dropping my kettlebells or barbells. I tried the 2.5, and got it to within about 1/2" of closed, so I'm pretty happy with that also.

Going forward, I'm going to Grease the Groove with the 2 for awhile, and also practice pinch grips (hoping to do 35# plates one hand pinches soon, I'm 'oh so close' ).

I hope I'm not offending anybody's sensibilities by pursuing the CoC 3. I'm not familiar with the dust up with IM. I happen to enjoy this forum more, just cuz it seems like there's more people talking about training here.

Edited by bwwm

I realize I'm way late to the party (I probably belong on a CoC 3 cert 2012 thread), but I just got my CoC 2, 2.5, and 3 in the mail today. I've been training with the CoC #1, and doing strap holds with 10# for 3 second holds. So I was thrilled to close the CoC 2 for 3 reps right out of the package, and I probably could do more, but I am going to ease into it. I train a lot of other stuff in the evening, and don't want to be dropping my kettlebells or barbells. I tried the 2.5, and got it to within about 1/2" of closed, so I'm pretty happy with that also.

Going forward, I'm going to Grease the Groove with the 2 for awhile, and also practice pinch grips (hoping to do 35# plates one hand pinches soon, I'm 'oh so close' ).

I hope I'm not offending anybody's sensibilities by pursuing the CoC 3. I'm not familiar with the dust up with IM. I happen to enjoy this forum more, just cuz it seems like there's more people talking about training here.

Good work so far brother! You're not offending anyone by pursuing this goal. Choosing not to was my own personal choice but I'd still like to see others do it.