• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• Mike Rinderle

• climber511

• jad

I am about 80% confirmed. Looks like I will be able to come one way or another. This is awfully exciting. I better ramp up my training!!!

Things are still a long way away as well. people could throw together a comp of events that are qualifiers and run that between now and then. I don't recall how far out it has to be announced and all that but, it wouldn't be that hard to swing.

I believe lifts of a qualifying weight can be done in a medley of a sanctioned meet.

Yes, definitely.

Things are still a long way away as well. people could throw together a comp of events that are qualifiers and run that between now and then. I don't recall how far out it has to be announced and all that but, it wouldn't be that hard to swing.

More contests the better!!

I believe lifts of a qualifying weight can be done in a medley of a sanctioned meet.

That's a great idea Andrew! That's a time-efficient way to get qualification out of the way too for some guys that can just walk through those qualification standards.

That's a great idea Andrew! That's a time-efficient way to get qualification out of the way too for some guys that can just walk through those qualification standards.

Put all the qualifiers in a Medley - if you do all those in say 2 minutes - you definitely belong at Nationals.

Put all the qualifiers in a Medley - if you do all those in say 2 minutes - you definitely belong at Nationals.

I don't believe this is a new development. I am pretty sure I have always allowed this, ever since we put qualifications in place. Was this unclear before?

If you even think you MIGHT be qualified - simply PM Jedd with your contest information and ask if you are interested in competing.

I don't believe this is a new development. I am pretty sure I have always allowed this, ever since we put qualifications in place. Was this unclear before?

I'm sure it was evident to the active promoters Jedd. I just hadn't given it much thought since my 2010 grip contest (USAWA) was the last one I promoted.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else coming? Updated list of competitors? I know there are a lot more guys with qualifying numbers.

I don't believe I have heard from anyone else.

I will for sure be there.

• 1 month later...

I should be able to go.

Jedd, what diameter wrist roller will you be using? I am going to be getting one from FBBC and I would like to get the same size if possible as the one you will be using.

Jeff, maybe we could ride down together. Since Dave's injury, I don't know if he will attend.

I will check on the wrist roller and get back with you.

What happened to Dave?

Jedd

is there an entry form yet? have the events been finalized yet?

Working on that stuff this week, actually!

Working on that stuff this week, actually!

• 3 weeks later...

The entry form isn't ready yet but the events are finalized.

20-mm Block Set Grippers

Euro Pinch

Medley

Wrist Roller

One Hand Deadlift (Stronger Grip Plateau Buster)

Grippers will be first as always because of their dynamic nature.

Pinch will be next as is usually the case.

Third will be the Medley. This is going to be a sick Medley and I am thinking about having it be slightly harder for the Elite Class. Look for the Grip Topz to be featured as well as block weights, bending, carrying, loading, etc.

Wrist Roller will be fourth.

Due to the possibility of skin tearing on the One Hand Deadlift, this event will be last and be for max weight. It will be officiated similar to the Vertical Bar Lift - Two Inch Lift, Control it to the floor, Handle can not come off of the Gripping area.

Any questions, post here.

Jedd

So really nothing has changed except the order of the events and the 6th event will be scrapped.

The entry form isn't ready yet but the events are finalized.

20-mm Block Set Grippers

Euro Pinch

Medley

Wrist Roller

One Hand Deadlift (Stronger Grip Plateau Buster)

Grippers will be first as always because of their dynamic nature.

Pinch will be next as is usually the case.

Third will be the Medley. This is going to be a sick Medley and I am thinking about having it be slightly harder for the Elite Class. Look for the Grip Topz to be featured as well as block weights, bending, carrying, loading, etc.

Wrist Roller will be fourth.

Due to the possibility of skin tearing on the One Hand Deadlift, this event will be last and be for max weight. It will be officiated similar to the Vertical Bar Lift - Two Inch Lift, Control it to the floor, Handle can not come off of the Gripping area.

Any questions, post here.

Jedd

So really nothing has changed except the order of the events and the 6th event will be scrapped.

As you are playing around with the wrist roller event - remember my yard is shorter than yours and really flat - just consider that when you come up with your choice of resistance.

As you are playing around with the wrist roller event - remember my yard is shorter than yours and really flat - just consider that when you come up with your choice of resistance.

jedd can just show up early and test it 3-17 times. I think that should be on him.

OK - if you're coming put your name up here - let's see who all is competing - and who's just coming to watch?

OK - if you're coming put your name up here - let's see who all is competing - and who's just coming to watch?

I do plan on being there!