NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi my name is Vyacheslav Pekarskiy

standing only 5'10" have hands that measure 7 3/4

Ive been addicted to Grip(thats a good thing) ever since I bought a set of HG's, recently started playing with Blobs now I cant stop, cant wait till I get into Bending nails and etc.

I used to skate and now I get my addrenaline rush from Grip feats.

This board rocks

Alright hows it going this is my first post so this seemed like the place to do it. I live in Scotland im 6"1 and about 180lbs. I practice Judo, Bjj and muay thai and regularly lift weights mostly based around the big three am only interested in strength. I have been hooked on grip training ever since i ordered a set of Hg grippers and closed them. Since then i have recently just closed the coc no 2 and have started doing some rolling thunder style work,lever sticks and plate pinching. Am looking to take my grip seriously now and devote time just to trainig it and fit it in around the rest of my traning. Seems an excellent site and have learned from it already. Hope you guys are well!

Hi people, name's Rob. Live in the U.K. New to grip training, so looking to learn from you guys. My main interest is combatives training and I want to strengthen up my hands and wrists in order to improve my striking,ripping, tearing, gouging etc. :D

Nice to be aboard, look forward to meetin ya.

Welcome to the board Hen and rmb1100xxv!!! :rock

• 3 weeks later...

11/5/06

hello all, my name is Josh, i'm 20, i'm 175 pounds 5 feet 7 inches. i've trained for and competed in Powerlifting since i was 16 been lifting heavy since i was 13, and now i want to do a strong man compatition this summer.

I ALSO WANT TO BE ABLE TO CRUSH BONE! :devil

Hi there im Dean.

im 5'9 and 25yo from the uk.

Been training my grip since april now and have now closed coc#1 and coc#2 in both hands working on coc#3 but seems miles away. just got a 30lb hex head to build pinch grip as my thumb is weak at the moment. I also like lever lifts started with a 6lb hammer now i can do a 8lb not alot but getting stronger.

i joined tha site to get lots more info on the world of grip. lot of good tips on here.

Dean

Hello - Name is Tom Bowman - 40yr old, been Powerlifting 4 1/2 years recently getting interested in Strongman and now training some for it - I have very good holding strength , but crushing grip is not stellar.

Purchased a COC#1 and #2 and could not close the 2..want to conquer that, then go towards the #3

Hoping the grip training will only help more with strongman

Hello,

My name is Maurice van Roode, I'm 20 years old and from the Netherlands. I'm lifting for a few years now, mostly for functional strength/mass. and just started grip training more seriously, first goal is to close the #2, and pinch 30 kg, with the plates I have at home.

Started a log and hope to learn something here.

Good luck guys, and welcome to the board!!! :rock

Hey I'm Will. I started strength training about 2.5 years ago. I do a combination of weights and calisthenics. My grip is a weakpoint though. I want to strengthen grip mainly to be able to do one arm chinups and go heavier on deadlifts without having to resort to straps. I've been looking around for a grip routine. If anyone has experience specifically with training grip for one arm chins, let me know.

My name is Brent. Int eh fall of 05 I started trying to get back into shape after a 5-6 year absence do to work. Right now my energy is mostly devoted to highland games but I have been bitten by the grip bug. Im 6' 235 pounds.

Brent

My name is Ronny, am 5'9 180 lbs. and my hands measure 7 1/2 inches. I've been training grip for 2 months now. I can close my IM coc#2 and BB master for a couple of reps. With alot of hard training and lurking in this great forum, hopefully I can close the #3 in the near future. I have added sledge levering and sledgehammer rotations to my regular strengh training routines(pushups, all kinds of pullups, and benchpress).

this is my VERY first post in here so bear with me. I'm 26, 6 feet and about 209lbs. I'm just a strength hobbyist, cellar dwellin' and hoping one day to pull off a few grip stunts for my own gratification, like nail bending, card tearing, CoC certification among others. I REALLY like sledge work and hope to lever BIG hammers soon. Also want to get a thick bar soon since I LOVE to deadlift, the max is 385lbs right now but I want 400 by the end of the year. well, I await critisism and encouragement from any of you. I value input since I have no formal training in strength, so any help is appreciated.

this is my VERY first post in here so bear with me. I'm 26, 6 feet and about 209lbs. I'm just a strength hobbyist, cellar dwellin' and hoping one day to pull off a few grip stunts for my own gratification, like nail bending, card tearing, CoC certification among others. I REALLY like sledge work and hope to lever BIG hammers soon. Also want to get a thick bar soon since I LOVE to deadlift, the max is 385lbs right now but I want 400 by the end of the year. well, I await critisism and encouragement from any of you. I value input since I have no formal training in strength, so any help is appreciated.

Well...you love to deadlift so your alright in my book!! Welcome

Deads will come quick with consistent training. My first deadlift was 375...currently at a best of 620.

The deads will make a man out of you

Well...you love to deadlift so your alright in my book!! Welcome

Deads will come quick with consistent training. My first deadlift was 375...currently at a best of 620.

The deads will make a man out of you

hehe well unfortunately without anymore plates, its not going to get higher, that's all the weight I have

Hi. I'm Fredrik.

The reason I got into gripping was because I had some cheap store bought plastic grippers, and I needed a program for it, so I searched the internet for a program. Some way or another i ended up on MashMonster.com and Clay Edgin became my hero :tongue

So I found IronMind on the web and ordered the Guide, Sport, Trainer, #1, #2, #3 and #4. I closed the Trainer after a few squeezes the same day i got the grippers (Got all the grippers on October, 2, 2006).

I closed the #1 in my right hand for the first time on October, 6, 2006. I then closed the #2 in my right hand for the first time on October, 20, 2006. I'm closing in on #3, I can cheat close it until about 3 centimetres from being closed.

I hope to close it before christmas this year and then certify on CoC and MM. Not quite sure how much the MM certification costs, anyone knows? :unsure

Not quite sure how much the MM certification costs

Go to the Mash Monster cert forums and read the pinned posts.

Not quite sure how much the MM certification costs

Go to the Mash Monster cert forums and read the pinned posts.

OK. :online

Hello, my name is Patrick and I am 5'5 135 pounds and I am currently wanting to improve my grip strength.

I have a trainer and #1 CC gripper and the trainer is a good workout for me and the #1 I can knock out around 3 to 4 good reps with it. I currently find it tough to keep a structured grip work schedule, just because recovery seems slow from my gripper work. Closing a #2 would be my goal! :rock

Hello, my name is Patrick and I am 5'5 135 pounds and I am currently wanting to improve my grip strength.

I have a trainer and #1 CC gripper and the trainer is a good workout for me and the #1 I can knock out around 3 to 4 good reps with it. I currently find it tough to keep a structured grip work schedule, just because recovery seems slow from my gripper work. Closing a #2 would be my goal! :rock

Hi.

I can rep the #1 for 12 times, all the way out and all the way in so that the handles are touching every time. And i've been training grippers for 55 days exactly today.

It took me 14 days to close the #2 from the day i managed to close the #1. So you shouldn't be far away from mastering the #2.

When it comes to healing of your hands. After you are done with your grippers, fill two bowls of water. One with hot water and one with cold water. Put your hands in one of the bowls and flex your fingers for two minutes, then put it into the other. Repeat 6-7 times. When you're done you will feel recovered. Finish off with some bodylotion on your hands and repeat a couple of times throughout the day.

I got these tips from the site where you can buy the heavy grippers, Clay Edgin wrote about these tips, so I give him credit for these tips.

Edited by Databamse

hello

My name is Dieter. I'm from Belgium.

height: 182cm; weight: 88kg; age: 23

My sport is competition kayaking. This year i started also powerlifting.

My grip goal is close the Coc3 as fast as possible ( just closed the 2) en heavy 2" deadlifts

Hello to the GripBoard. By way of introduction, my name is Sean Burke. I live in Philadelphia and work as an attorney for the University of Pennsylvania. I am about 6' tall, 180 lbs. and I train primarily for strength and conditioning. Right now my training program (Pavel Tsatsouline's "Enter the Kettlebell!") consists of three days of kettlbell presses and pulls (heavy, low, and moderate volume, respectively) and two "variety" days, which I am basically using for squats and deadlifts. I think what I'm going to do is include some grip work on the "variety" days.

I have an online training log, by the way, at dragondoor.com -- I am "svburke" there as well.

I would very much like to improve my grip strength, which for a long time has been really poor. For example, I used to struggle sometimes even opening jars of pasta sauce, which may be because of the many, many finger sprains I have gotten playing basketball.

I read John Brookfield's "Mastery of Hand Strength" over the holiday weekend. My short-term plan is to start slow and in the meantime lurk on the Board, picking up tips and getting more and more enthused about grip training. I have some COC grippers: T, which I can close for reps; no. 1, which I can close once with my right hand; and no. 2, which I can hardly move at all. I also just picked up a 1lb. box of 16d finishing nails, which I can bend without much trouble, but which I plan to work through gradually regardless. I also bought some dock line from a marine store, and I think I'm going to do my pull-ups with that line. Right now that's tough -- we'll see where it goes. I'm also going to pick something for pinch-grip and thumb work, per JB's recommendations in "Mastery."

I look forward to reading more posts on the Board, and good luck to everyone in reaching their goals.