NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hey guy's Jason here I am 40 years old been lifting a long long time I am powerlifter turned armwrestler and love the grip stuff been training it serious about 9 month's currently closing the #2 hg 250 with or without dogleg looking toward the #3 and hg 300 like the rolling thunder around 180 on it can hub pinch 45 lb plate with either hand not big on patting myself on the back so that's it thanks for having me.

Hey Everyone. Chris here; "Jersey-ite" from the north half of the state. I'm 27 and I've been lifting for quite some time now.

I'm interested in improving my grip for climbing, kayaking and mountain biking. While that combo may seem a little odd, endurance, control and strength are important aspects of all three. Wouldn't want to have your hands give out on your way down a nasty single track at Stratton or Mammoth now would ya?

I'm just getting into actual "grip" training, so while I'm going to lurk and search a bit, any advice or offers of "good places to start" would be appreciated.

Hey what up everyone, Im Sam, im 17 yrs old I weigh about 220, I currently live on Fort Riley Kansas, I have been working out for about three years now really hard, before I was bodybuilding, then I saw the light and went to powerlifting and now strongman. I can close numbers one and two grippers and just got number threee a couple of days ago which I can close further than I expected to. My goals are to be Worlds Strongest man and surpass some of Dennis Rogers feats. My current lifts are 390 bench press raw, mid to high 500 squat, as well as deadlift, and 1/4 squat is about 900-1000. Im quite obsessed with grip training, but not overly zealous.

I will be looking around a bit before I start asking questions.

Hi, my name's Jordon and I'm from BC, Canada. I'm 6'0 155 lbs. I don't do powerlifting or anything but I do go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week. I purchased the CoC T, #1, and #2 in November and could close #1 for 1 or 2 reps right out of the box. I can now close the #2 for 1 or 2 reps pretty much whenever I want. My #3 came on Monday......and boy, it'll be awhile before that closes! I love having a strong grip and having people totally underestimate me.....it's great. :)

Good health to you all. My name is Ean, I'm from New york city. I recently suffered a knee injury at work and figured, while I'm home I can still compete! I purchased a set of the CoC training, #1 and # 2's in hopes of closing the #3 by the time my physical therapy is over. I was never much of a weight lifter and only recently discovered the value of strong grip strength. I have always had brute strength but never dedicated myself to true wieght lifting of any kind. I'm here to learn from all you guys, even you young beasts! Keep it up, lift smart and strong guys!

I'd just like to add a couple of things. I work full time as a tire technician, so I work with my hands everyday. My best arm curl I've done for 1 rep was 120 lbs. using a hammer curl bar (two arm style). My bench press is only 170 lbs. (max, one rep). My legs have always been strong (probably from playing ice hockey for many years) and my max leg press is a little over 1000 lbs.

I'd say the biggest thing I'm interested in is arm strength. I'd really like to get into competitive arm wrestling, but I don't know where to go to join up with a club.....I'd really like to find one locally.

This is a great site by the way.

Edited by maverick0716

Saw there was a newbie thread, so I'll make this my first post here. I'm a newb gripper - I started with cheapo Millenium grippers, and just got a full set of heavygrip grippers. I'm a total wimp, and I'm still on the 100 and 150 lbs grippers, and I can only get 1 full close on the 150 with my right hand, and am about 1 cm away on my left hand. What I love about it is how fast I am making gains in hand strength! My ultimate goal is a CoC and to close my 300 lb HG. It's great there's a forum so I can learn training techniques to get this done.

Hi my name is Gavin

I started grip training in May 2005.

I was flying blind for a while, I'm happy to find this forum.

I haven't done anything that rates recogniztion, yet.

Currently my level consists of:

-tear deck of 54 cards

-bend IM Blue nail (have to start it on my leg though)

That is it, I am having trouble finishing off the COC #2.

I saw the link for the KTA program and am considering that.

Thanks for this forum.

Guest Beefbuilder

Hello,

I am Sammy , and I have a great interest in grippers. I can no set the HG300 quite easily and will be recieving my CoC #3 and #4 in the mail on Monday. I was stuck with just the HG300, now that's going to change. So, what can I expect from these grippers?

Hello,

I am Sammy , and I have a great interest in grippers. I can no set the HG300 quite easily and will be recieving my CoC #3 and #4 in the mail on Monday. I was stuck with just the HG300, now that's going to change. So, what can I expect from these grippers?

If this guy's ISP is BigPond/Telstra in Australia (AU) ban him right now....he's a scammer and a troll.

Hello,

If this guy's ISP is BigPond/Telstra in Australia (AU) ban him right now....he's a scammer and a troll.

And just what evidence or facts do you have to support this? PM Wannagrip or myself please.

Guest Beefbuilder

If you think my No-Set on the HG300 is fake, give me an E-Mail and I will post it. Anyway, I am interested in certing on the Mash Monster Grippers.

Edited by Beefbuilder

Well, my name is Adam I live in Lancaster CA, I'm 20 years old, 5'11'', 220 ish :whistel. I've been power lifting off and on for the past six years, i have a California state power lifting record when i was 15, the numbers aren't that impressive but it was fun. i got into gripping about 10 months ago and bending about 8 1/2 months ago. My buddy got me into all the lifting and gripping. i still train with him now, you might know him as fatboy. Some achievements i have with gripping are; closed the coc#2 and a 1/8 of an inch from the #3, made a good kink on a grade 8 bolt that was 6in long, bent a 4in blue, bent 60D, and barley kinked the red. My rolling thunder is at 170, my hub is 55. pinched the 45lb hex blob. Ive torn the Walmart decks of cards and phone books, my best one was a Maryland phone book that my grandfather gave me it was 2171pgs(torn with both hands on top of book in opposing directions pushing away from each other like dumbbell flies, i don't know the name of this technique) i have competed in strict curl competitions my best is 137 1/2 just achieved one week ago, and one grip competition,(that was fun) got beat, but kind of held my own. looking forward to many more up coming contests. other than that i just do what i can and don't quit ;)

Well, my name is Adam I live in Lancaster CA, I'm 20 years old, 5'11'', 220 ish :whistel. I've been power lifting off and on for the past six years, i have a California state power lifting record when i was 15, the numbers aren't that impressive but it was fun. i got into gripping about 10 months ago and bending about 8 1/2 months ago. My buddy got me into all the lifting and gripping. i still train with him now, you might know him as fatboy. Some achievements i have with gripping are; closed the coc#2 and a 1/8 of an inch from the #3, made a good kink on a grade 8 bolt that was 6in long, bent a 4in blue, bent 60D, and barley kinked the red. My rolling thunder is at 170, my hub is 55. pinched the 45lb hex blob. Ive torn the Walmart decks of cards and phone books, my best one was a Maryland phone book that my grandfather gave me it was 2171pgs(torn with both hands on top of book in opposing directions pushing away from each other like dumbbell flies, i don't know the name of this technique) i have competed in strict curl competitions my best is 137 1/2 just achieved one week ago, and one grip competition,(that was fun) got beat, but kind of held my own. looking forward to many more up coming contests. other than that i just do what i can and don't quit ;)

Welcome to the gripboard Adam, its about dam time you got on here and started posting. :whistel

Hey guys watch for big things form this kid. He is really strong and trains his grip like a mad man. In a very short amount of time it went form me showing Thor(Adam) how to train grip, bend, and tear, to me playing catch up with Adam (if I can). Just to give you an example during our workout tonight he bent his first grade 5 bolt that was 6in long and I could only kink it. Adam always works hard and never quits. :mosher

Hello,

I am new to this board, and have my sites on becoming a Mash Monster Elite! I have been unable to close my #3, because I tweeked my forearm through over repping grippers.

Greg

17 years old

265 lbs, 6'2

I train with Dr Ken Leistner on Long Island. I have closed the #1 and #2 and I'm currently working on closing the #3.

Edited by GEicher

My name is Chris. I am 28 years old and 6' 5 285 pounds. I have been working with the CoC grippers off and on for about 2 years. I can close the #2 for 4 reps. The #3 is safe for now. Would like to start doing more pinch grip work. This is an awesome site for grip knowledge. I have been reading through old posts for 3 weeks now.

I'm 14 years old. I'm 5'11 and half(nearly six foot). I'm interested in gripping because it seems like one of the best things to train. Since summer of 2005 after I got some dumbells, a barbell, and weights. I've slowly gone from doing 3 sets of dumbell curls every other day to knowing the advantages of split and full body routines. Basically I mean I actually some what know what I am doing.

Anyway, the reason I'm getting into gripping is because I've always thought that the forearms and gripping in general were very underrated, unlike the kids at my school who always ask "how much can you curl," or more oftenly "how much can you bench?" They do a that lot to me, since I'm one of the tallest kids in my school. But gripping is great, because even if you look weak, you can have a killer grip and surprise someone. Not only that, but grip will help you in almost every physical thing and lift you can think of.

I am currently on the beginner routine, and this summer I plan on buying the #1, #2, and #3 grippers(If my strength gets there by then).

Hopefully I can become the youngest Mash Monsters!

Edited by superfeemiman

Will Sarty

25yrs

130lbs

Canadian Champ Armwrestler 60KG

This board looks really informative on training techniques that can further my armwrestling.

I'm 17

6' 2"

160 lbs

^ What superfeemiman said.

I have an average grip, but, like, no1 ever trains their grip. I'm into parkour/tricking a bit. and, a good grip for parkouring is great. Would like to maybe start rock climbing. Besides, I want to crush my older bros hands..muah..to bad they got really good grips already :(

Hello, I'm Teemu and I'm from Finland. I'm 25 years old and have 9 years of weight training experience. I first started out to build some strength for icehockey, finger and wrist strength as well as total body strength. Later I got into bodybuilding type of training, got a few injuries and decided to alter my training to build functional strength instead of muscle. Nowadays I use kettlebells, sandbags, gymnastic rings and bodyweight exercises in my training.

I've been training my grip seriously for one year now (and actually I have never neglected it) and I'm really focused on getting better at it, so I decided to see what this forum is all about. I don't want to brag about it, but at the moment I can close coc#3 with both hands (with 40 mm set) and I'm aiming to get certified sooner or later. No bullshit. I can also crush a can of coke, so I guess my crushing grip is at decent level right now. What I'm lacking is pinch grip strength and supporting grip strength. My thumbs are not on the level, so I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm allways trying to learn more about training.

hello, my name is Travis. i have posted a couple here and there just mainly reading other members posts. i am 5''10 214lb. my hobbies are weightlifting, all sports, and camping. my goal is to get cert. on coc#3 and on the mashmonster board. i cannot close the #3 yet but it is not far off, but then again i have only been seriously training grip for about 5 weeks. my other goal is to get cert. on the #3 by dec. or jan. at the latest. i also train with thick bar and pinch work. i don't do just grippers.

Howdy all... I am new here and thought I would introduce myself....

I am 25 and have started to regulary workout again after 2 years of off and on laziness with no results. I really like functional strength and bodyweight exercises and one thing led to another and now I am here and determined to have a iron grip. One of the reason this interests me is that a couple of months ago my younger brother (21) has been lifting a lot in college and has gained some mass and we shook hands and he started to squeeze hard and we were pretty much evenly matched...this disturbed me....so now I am on the way to increasing my grip and overall strength....Any advice would be appreciated about starting out, or any other basic goals I might think about adding....Thanks.

hey everybody,

i'm new to ALL of this, a friend introduced me to the grip board.... and so far i have been pleased with the service. i joined a few days ago and now i am enjoying the new ability and access to all this knowledge. :mosher! i use the Captains of Crush, and i can close the #2. and am aming for the #4. but thats a long way from here. I also recently got interested in pinching gripping, and other non-gripper hand workouts. I'm a new 15 year old, and i love the feeling of physical fitness

Thanks,

Mr. Gripster

Hello my name is Bram 6' 1", 183 lbs and I'm from Holland. I registered some time ago, though never really spent much time on real griptraining. Lately I moved from training at the gym to training at home and with it came a renewed interest in grip training. I've been training strength for almost a year now, but due to a messed up knee from squats I had to take off training since 6 of jan. I'm getting back now with bodyweight training and some occassional deadlifting. A friend of mine (manis on the board) gave me some ideas en got himself some CoC grippers. I managed to close to #1 on first sight, #2 is just a hair away. I use a 9 cm (3,5 inch) pipe for thickbar lifting and levers. shortterm goals: closing #2, deadlift 154 lbs one handed on a thick bar, pinching 25's would also be nice :D