NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi all.

My name is Joe.

I haven't done any real grip training but I've always used those cheap grippers you can get a Sears or Walmart.

I just bough the CoC Trainer, #2 and #3. I thought the trainer was a #1.

Anyway, I was struggling all weekend trying to close the Trainer.

Then on Monday after coming home from work I closed it 6 times with my right hand and 4 times with my left.

I'm guessing it's just a mind/neural connection.

I do notice that my wrist starts shaking a bit if I hold it closed for too long.

My name is Hoover.

I bought a COC #1 and #2 a year ago or so and just started to use them this month.

About a 1/2 cm from #2 right now. But mostly, I am just "grinding" the #1 handles a bit after close.

Edited by axolotls

Hi to all My names Dale Norris, I compete in strongman competitons and Im in need of increasing my grip strength(supporting grip mostly)!

I know Steve Gardener who posts here - just a small introduction :D

Very modest intro, you're a beast in the squat, and you made the competition look like children in the barrell lift at the recent UK's Strongest Man! :bow

Thank you Twig but Im not one to blow my own trumpet mate,lol :D

Dale

I also watched the recent UK strongest man.

awesome performance by yourself and dean bolt.

Missed the episode with the Inch d/bell clean and jerk/press didnt you win that.

welcome aboard :D

Hi all.

My name is Joe.

I haven't done any real grip training but I've always used those cheap grippers you can get a Sears or Walmart.

I just bough the CoC Trainer, #2 and #3. I thought the trainer was a #1.

Anyway, I was struggling all weekend trying to close the Trainer.

Then on Monday after coming home from work I closed it 6 times with my right hand and 4 times with my left.

I'm guessing it's just a mind/neural connection.

I do notice that my wrist starts shaking a bit if I hold it closed for too long.

all part of the fun my friend lol :D

i got given a gripper and told it was a trainer so i shut it easy and when i looked it was acctually a 1# its a big case of mind over mater ;)

Hey, I'm Dave, 23 years old from the UK, It seems I have a new 'interest' every other month and have pretty much tried everything once, I am happy to have stumbled upon the grip aspect of bodybuilding, I joined a gym last year and with the goals of gaining weight and physical strength, I am hooked on self improvement, the grip training never really appealed to me, until finding this great site!.

Now I started my grip training after hiding in the shadows on this board for a while to see what it was all about, and like many, the feats that can be achieved as a result from grip training amazed me, normally I amaze people with my other hobby of biketrials!, (not motor) I know the grip training will go hand in hand with the biking and the gym and for that I look forward to closing my COC 2 which i have ordered along with my COC 1. I hope they arrive soon as i've been stuck at home nursing a broken ankle for 4 weeks!, darn motorbike! anyways,

Thanks and a good christmas and new year to all.

Edited by JAMY

helo!

Im jens from, Malmö, Sweden.

Im 21 years old. I train with Arne Persson and Martin_arildsson and hope to compete in the next edition off LGC

I just relized that im now a new member, oh well, better late then never :D

Edited by jense

My first post. I'm 49 and have weight trained on and off during my life. I picked up a CofC trainer and started using it to burn off nervous energy and to keep my self from reaching for food. Now I'm hooked.

Any other late bloomers like me out there? I'm training 3 times a week now and hope to close the number 1 CofC in about a month.

Dale

I also watched the recent UK strongest man.

awesome performance by yourself and dean bolt.

Missed the episode with the Inch d/bell clean and jerk/press didnt you win that.

welcome aboard :D

Thanks Gazza!

I came second in my heat with 4 reps on the inch dbell - But I was the only one in the competiton that could do it one handed :D

New one here. I am looking to build my grip strength.

I am 43, 6'4" and 240 pounds. I have been lifting since I was 13-14 years old. Time and sports has taken its toll. I have arthritis in my left thumb and left hip, tennis elbow in both elbows, and had a good share of whiplashes.

Although my main goal is still strength, now I am also trying to head off father time. My father was similarly active in sports and has had both hips replaced, needs both knees replaced and two impacted vertebrates. I am trying to avoid my fathers fate via strength.

Here is a web album of my weight room that I have collected over the last 20 years:

Weight Room

Some of my restrictions include:

1. A low basement ceiling (under 7 feet ---I am 6'4").

2. Due to the arthritis in my left thumb and left hip and tennis elbow, hence the hooks for heavy deadlifts and elbow straps. The New Grip pads are great!

3. We have three cats, which equals two litter boxes, hence the big HEPA filter (and Zero Odor works great).

4. My wife just put of the Xmas stuff, so I lost some room!

Couple of other notes:

1. The trap bar is a homemade one...before you could buy them. If I was to buy one today, I would get one with the handles due to my height and one a little wider.

2. The 100 pound Key grip weights on my hack squat are great! A 4 x4 is great for standing calf raises.

3. Although Proform stuff has a bad rep, the treadmill is over 12 years old and still gets a daily workout.

4. The Weider Club 500 fits just right in the low basement. I used some pipe fittings and am able to keep another bar handy for seated military presses.

5. I would not have bought a Pec Deck, but I only paid $15 for it and really found I use it quite a bit.

During the winter, I normally run a 5 day split that looks like this (the exercises are not in any particular order. This works pretty well for me and I normally do not have any problems with pain.

I have started adding grip items, such as wrist rolls and basic grippers on day 2 and day 4.

Day 1.

-bench press

-pec deck flies

-incline press

-incline flies

-decline sit-ups

-20 minute cardio (treadmill)

Day 2.

-Trap Bar dead lift

-seated cable rows

-dumbbell rows

-v-bar pull downs

-Wide grip pull downs

-decline sit-ups

Day 3.

-Hack Squat

-Leg Curl

-Leg Press

-Hack Squat standing calf raises

-ab cable crunches

Day 4.

-Preacher bench curls

-Overhead Triceps Extension

-dumbbell curl

-Tricep cable press

-ab cable crunches

Day 5.

-Trap Bar Shoulder Shrugs

-Seated Military Press

-Bent-over rows

-Front dumbbell raises

-Side Laterals

-decline sit-ups

My name's David, I'm 37,just a hobbyist, I do sledgehammer levering, thick handled dumbbell work, softball w/weights hung, and of course COCs. I also run every day and lift weights for general strength and fitness.

Hi my name is Daniel, I am 15 YO and about 150 lbs. I really like grip training and other strength training. I can close the #1 for 12 reps and am about 1/4 inch away from closing the #2. My goals are to close the #2 before I am 16 and close the #3 before I am 17. I might want to go to the #4 but I am not sure. I also eventually want to bend the Red nail. I have been lurking the forum for a few days now and there is such a wealth of info on here. I am sure I will learn a lot from you guys.

DJ

Hello everybody, my name is Rene from switzerland, living in Thailand. I started with griptraining about 3 or 4 months ago. I am 43 years old and did weight training since I was 18 years old. I was using heavy weights all the time, as I always wanted to be rather strong than having big muscles. My best bench is 500 lbs raw. I discovered the ironmind site and the gripboard and ordered the #2, #3 and #4 about 4 month ago. I read the gripboard a lot, it's great how people here help eachother and give advices. Looking forward to get stronger hands.........and wish everybody a good new year !

My name is Jacob, I'm 21, and I've just started doing grip training. My reason for wanting a stronger grip is that I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, where a strong grip is extremely important. I just got the CoC trainer as a christmas present, and I can't even close it, so I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Merry Xmas. Returning to training after 20 year break. Bought HG-100, 150, 200 for my kids and myself. I am going to buy a stronger gripper for myself, and am planning to work my grip with sledge, plates, etc.

Great board, very informative

Welcome all you newbies to the greatest hand strength site on the internet. Now read, learn, train hard, and grow. You hold the hands that hold you down.

Hello everyone, My name is Sam. I am an accidental grip fanatic. While scouring the net for some lifting tips\hints (Which I badly need, I'M WEAK!) I stumbled into the gripping world and it intrigued me. I quickly ordered a Coc#1 and could grind the handles into oblivion. Well now, some thing I liked doing and also could do well! Needless to say I was hooked. Soon ordered #2's, I also could shut them repeatedly! But my luck and strength soon ran out as the #3 Coc. gripper humbled me in a hurry. I am 6'1" 210 lbs. I am a laborer\carpenter and I suspect this helped my hand strength. I hope to work on my pinch grip, which is truly lacking, I can barely muster 2 25's on a good day. I also want to tear a deck of cards(I'm up to about 30.) I hope to learn everything I can from you guy's.

Thank You for your time!

some avie sammule... dont get into bending.. you try it once and youll be hooked so damn quick like a fish on a lure...

the board is an amazing place with some monster guys on it. You will laern a lot and get strong!!!

good luck !

Welcome to the board we are all here to help and to learn.

Listen to Muscle Turtle stay away from bending it will hook you faster than the grippers did.

Good luck.

I agree with both of you guys. Bending is addictive.

I'm Tony from NW Indiana/Chicago Suburbs. I've trained powerlifting off and on for a while and lately my workouts have been non-existant. This christmas however, I got the Trainer and the #1. Can close the trainer easy and the #1 with both hands.... My left hand(I'm left handed) is actually weaker. Might be because I broke my thumb in highschool... So with some left over christmas money I'm gonna get a #2 and the extensor bands from Ironmind. I eventually want to get into bending and pick up a sledgehammer.