NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

9 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

That definitely helps thanks a lot mate!

No Worries mate. My youtube channel is full of info so have a look there 💪👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I am currently eating at maintenance I understand I have to be in a surplus in order to gain muscle.

I used to have a thickbar day and a pinch day but I have had to drop everything for a while.

I am currently only doing grippers twice a week and some dynamic pinch with a pony clamp.

So fatgripz on pulling movements heavy wrist curls wrist roller and reverse curls are basically your bread and butter and the rest can be counted as accessory work?

And with heavy you mean like 6-10 reps or lower than that?

Heavy for me is 1-3 reps so I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

When it comes to Rep and Sets i use a 3 - 4 sets of 6 All out Heavy Reps with Everything 💪👍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

When it comes to Rep and Sets i use a 3 - 4 sets of 6 All out Heavy Reps with Everything 💪👍

Awesome! Thanks for answering my questions man I really appreciate it!

I will give this a try as soon as I am able to go back to training.

Edited by DevilErik
Better English this way
  • Like 1

Just now, DevilErik said:

Awesome! Thanks for answering my questions man I really appreciate it!

As soon as I am able to go back to training I will give this is try.

Keep me updated mate. Also which forum is best to do a Write up on my training methods?

thanks 

Tom 💪👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

Keep me updated mate. Also which forum is best to do a Write up on my training methods?

thanks 

Tom 💪👍

Will do!

Workout reports and training routines if you want to log your actual workouts or strength and power if you want to write something about forearm training.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Will do!

Workout reports and training routines if you want to log your actual workouts or strength and power if you want to write something about forearm training.

AWESOME 💪👍

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 4:33 PM, RosboArms said:

Hey Everybody,

Decided to get involved in the Grip Forum. 32 years of age - 5'8 - 220lbs with Giant Forearms passed down to me from Mother and Father. Some of you might already know who i am - 

Hope you are all doing well 👍💪

Tom 

Welcome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

Welcome!

Thanks 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I am Matek, new to grip sport. I started doing a little bit of thick bar work last November, and started doing grippers in this year (2022) January.

I don't own many grippers at the moment, but I have two adjustable ones I mainly use for my training. As for torsion spring grippers, I started with a CoC #2, and can comfortably close a CoC #2.5 (don't know the RGC) from a wider set now. Besides grippers, I'm also interested in pinch strength. I plan to open a training log on Gripboard, where I write my progress and observations about my grip workouts.  

Looking forward to learning from everybody here!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, matek said:

Hi all. I am Matek, new to grip sport. I started doing a little bit of thick bar work last November, and started doing grippers in this year (2022) January.

I don't own many grippers at the moment, but I have two adjustable ones I mainly use for my training. As for torsion spring grippers, I started with a CoC #2, and can comfortably close a CoC #2.5 (don't know the RGC) from a wider set now. Besides grippers, I'm also interested in pinch strength. I plan to open a training log on Gripboard, where I write my progress and observations about my grip workouts.  

Welcome matek!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Welcome matek!

Thank you DevilErik!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:52 AM, Ron1387 said:

Hello all I am Ron been a stalker of Gripboard for a while now decided to join and absorb the knowledge available here happy to be a member. 

@Ron1387

9 hours ago, matek said:

Welcome to the GripBoard!

@matek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I've been browsing gripboard for a month or two and finally decided to join. Grateful to be here!

I just started training grip in July 2021 (only grippers for now) and got my first grippers then, the entire CoC set. I'm 29 years old, and train grippers usually once per week, on Wednesdays.

Here's my progress of first closes (usually CCS, NS, or a wide set of some kind) since July 2021. I couldn't even close the Trainer when I first started.

First close:
CoC Guide - 7/14/21
CoC Sport - 7/14/21
CoC Trainer - 8/4/21
CoC No. 0.5 - 12/15/21
CoC No. 1 - 1/26/22
CoC No. 1.5 - 2/12/22
CoC No. 2 -

I'm about 1/8 of an inch (2-3 mm) away from the No. 2 with my primary (right) hand, and about a 1/2 inch with my off-hand (left). Should be able to easily close the No. 2 before the end of this month, April 2022. Hopefully the No. 2.5 before the end of the 2022.

• Like 3

On 4/4/2022 at 3:58 AM, Jared P said:

Hello all, I've been browsing gripboard for a month or two and finally decided to join. Grateful to be here!

I just started training grip in July 2021 (only grippers for now) and got my first grippers then, the entire CoC set. I'm 29 years old, and train grippers usually once per week, on Wednesdays.

Here's my progress of first closes (usually CCS, NS, or a wide set of some kind) since July 2021. I couldn't even close the Trainer when I first started.

First close:
CoC Guide - 7/14/21
CoC Sport - 7/14/21
CoC Trainer - 8/4/21
CoC No. 0.5 - 12/15/21
CoC No. 1 - 1/26/22
CoC No. 1.5 - 2/12/22
CoC No. 2 -

I'm about 1/8 of an inch (2-3 mm) away from the No. 2 with my primary (right) hand, and about a 1/2 inch with my off-hand (left). Should be able to easily close the No. 2 before the end of this month, April 2022. Hopefully the No. 2.5 before the end of the 2022.

Welcome @Jared P! Looks like you have quite a few grippers to train with, but if you ever need to fill the gaps between the CoCs, check out the Standard grippers from Cannon Powerworks. Good luck with your goals!

On 4/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, Jared P said:

First close:
CoC Guide - 7/14/21
CoC Sport - 7/14/21
CoC Trainer - 8/4/21
CoC No. 0.5 - 12/15/21
CoC No. 1 - 1/26/22
CoC No. 1.5 - 2/12/22
CoC No. 2 -

Welcome @Jared P!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

30s, medium hands, skinny 6 3/4" wrists. Been training hands for a total four years although for the first two I didn't know what I was doing and didn't get in the proper volume/tension/motion. 

Currently working a four day whole body routine with a big grip emphasis. It goes:

Push/Pull/Legs/Grip

I work this in a cycle until I feel it's time to take a break (3-4 days), which is every five or six weeks. Of all routines this one works really well for me. 

Pull day is very grip heavy and includes heavy one-arm rows, thick grip pull ups (2.25", rolling), towel pull ups, sandbag rows, heavy Bulgarian bag spins and thick grip heavy dumbbell lifts/holds (2.85").

On "grip" day (which is more wrist than anything) I am experimenting with a dumbbell/plates only routine. It includes plate pinches, plate curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, Zottman curls and levering with a one sided dumbbell (pronation/supination/radial and ulnar deviation). 

I feel it's a very well rounded routine although I could do with covering some more hub or coin style strength. 

Overall goal is to get that "construction worker" strength with carryover into real life and grappling, plus increase forearm size. Only just added the curl variations so looking forward to seeing if I can break this size plateau. 

I have experienced size and strength gains over the past few years without doubt. Wish I took some measurements. I was coming from a very weak place, with naturally skinny arms/wrists/hands, office worker, no exercise. And at the time probably a vit D deficiency!! 

Nice to be a part of the community, thanks. 

Edited by Gripperer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gripperer said:

Hello, 

30s, medium hands, skinny 6 3/4" wrists. Been training hands for a total four years although for the first two I didn't know what I was doing and didn't get in the proper volume/tension/motion. 

Currently working a four day whole body routine with a big grip emphasis. It goes:

Push/Pull/Legs/Grip

I work this in a cycle until I feel it's time to take a break (3-4 days), which is every five or six weeks. Of all routines this one works really well for me. 

Pull day is very grip heavy and includes heavy one-arm rows, thick grip pull ups (2.25", rolling), towel pull ups, sandbag rows, heavy Bulgarian bag spins and thick grip heavy dumbbell lifts/holds (2.85").

On "grip" day (which is more wrist than anything) I am experimenting with a dumbbell/plates only routine. It includes plate pinches, plate curls, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, Zottman curls and levering with a one sided dumbbell (pronation/supination/radial and ulnar deviation). 

I feel it's a very well rounded routine although I could do with covering some more hub or coin style strength. 

Overall goal is to get that "construction worker" strength with carryover into real life and grappling, plus increase forearm size. Only just added the curl variations so looking forward to seeing if I can break this size plateau. 

I have experienced size and strength gains over the past few years without doubt. Wish I took some measurements. I was coming from a very weak place, with naturally skinny arms/wrists/hands, office worker, no exercise. And at the time probably a vit D deficiency!! 

Welcome and nice routine... Good on you for taing a break every 5 or 6 weeks. I do too... Well every 5-10 weeks. When its time its time.  I always come back more enthusiastic to work out..

If you want that construction worker strength... Grab a sledge and a tire... Maybe even a shovel and wheelbarrow.. Great finishers.... While its not the most practical thing to do training... Digging holes is an amazing workout. As is pushing wheelbarrows. 

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Welcome and nice routine... Good on you for taing a break every 5 or 6 weeks. I do too... Well every 5-10 weeks. When its time its time.  I always come back more enthusiastic to work out..

If you want that construction worker strength... Grab a sledge and a tire... Maybe even a shovel and wheelbarrow.. Great finishers.... While its not the most practical thing to do training... Digging holes is an amazing workout. As is pushing wheelbarrows. 

Thanks a lot. Yes, I've learned that slow and steady is best for the long race, and those breaks are imperative. I guess we've all been in that position where the muscles are strong but there's pain in the tendons, and therefore we are weak. 

And absolutely, if I wasn't such an urbanite I would be hunking around dirt and smashing things up all day! Terrific workouts. That's why I include sandbag and Bulgarian bag work, to try to emulate some of these activities.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gripperer said:

Hello, 

Push/Pull/Legs/Grip

Welcome to the GripBoard @Gripperer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gripperer said:

Thanks a lot. Yes, I've learned that slow and steady is best for the long race, and those breaks are imperative. I guess we've all been in that position where the muscles are strong but there's pain in the tendons, and therefore we are weak. 

And absolutely, if I wasn't such an urbanite I would be hunking around dirt and smashing things up all day! Terrific workouts. That's why I include sandbag and Bulgarian bag work, to try to emulate some of these activities.

Haha, Do you You do BJJ? You mentioned grappling. I’m finally going to start after a year of talking about it.The three times  I went to start I got a couple nasty viruses and a back injury. Then life just gets in the way. I got corrective eye surgery 17 days ago. Once my eyes are healed I’m starting up.

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Haha, Do you You do BJJ? You mentioned grappling. I’m finally going to start after a year of talking about it.The three times  I went to start I got a couple nasty viruses and a back injury. Then life just gets in the way. I got corrective eye surgery 17 days ago. Once my eyes are healed I’m starting up.

No, it sounds like we are in a similar boat. Been talking about it for a long time but yes, life got in the way. And then I set my sights on increasing strength and size, which as you know takes a big effort. So the aim is to achieve that, then go maintenance mode and take up BJJ once a week. I do have some prior experience so hoping to take to it well. Part of the fun for me is preparing to start, and hoping that the grip training and other work brings me advantages (although of course I will pale in comparison to others skill wise).

How long until the eyes are healed?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

No, it sounds like we are in a similar boat. Been talking about it for a long time but yes, life got in the way. And then I set my sights on increasing strength and size, which as you know takes a big effort. So the aim is to achieve that, then go maintenance mode and take up BJJ once a week. I do have some prior experience so hoping to take to it well. Part of the fun for me is preparing to start, and hoping that the grip training and other work brings me advantages (although of course I will pale in comparison to others skill wise).

How long until the eyes are healed?

They just about there. Went for my 17 day check up today.My vision is 20/20 right 20/25 left.  But it should get even better over next few months. But I think I’m good to go now but I’d prefer to wait another week or two. My vision wasn’t too bad I only needed glasses for distance but it’s so nice good without glasses now. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm Nick G from Italy,  I'm 33 yo, 5'7'' tall for 165 lbs. I work as software developer and I literally went crazy for grip training!!!

I approached to grip training thanks to GripEBendItalia (GBI) 5 years ago, starting to integrate my workouts (nothing special, just some bench & deadlifts) with grip training.

In last few years I focused more and more on gripsport and bending, definitively abandoning traditional training (I just do some pull ups and ABS), putting grip training as main workout.

I love grippers, armlifting, and unbraced bending, but my greatest passion is pinch tranining, with 2 inch monolithic block and 3 inch hub.

I also love to compete in events that we organize in Italy, and in online contests, where I have the opportunity to challenge myself with real giants of this sport (and since I am a quite small guy with very small hands, the challenge is even more stimulating)

Below PR achived in these years:

GRIPPERS

Very difficult for me a CCS due to small hands:

RGC 135 lbs parallel set close (for reps)

RGC 156 lbs deep set close

RGC 190 lbs hold 20 seconds with 2.5 kg

BENDING

Some years ago I was stronger in DO bending, now I bend quite rarely, but in past I achived:

3/8 x 7 CRS bent in DO double leather wraps (almost 10 minutes of pain)

Varius lenght 5/16 bent in DO single leather pads (including different IM Red Nail)

GRIPSPORT LIFTS

In last year I mainly focused on lifts, at the expense of grippers and bending:

155 lbs in 2.5 inches Rolling Handle (very difficult for me, due to short fingers)

220 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block with two hands

100 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block with one hand

90 lbs in 2 inches Pinch Block passing hand to hand

240 lbs in 2 inches Vertical Bar

85 lbs in 3 inch HUB, 1 3/16 height (this is my favourite lift, I also lifted 93 lbs but with dirty technique, in any case in next months I'd like to try with IM HUB)

45 lbs in 3/16 inches Ok Lift (GBI tool similar to coin lift) with one hand tips pinch

I also appreciate card tearing, and I love so much to crush raw potatoes 😁 (I'm a huge fan of Tommy Heslep and Jack London's Wolf Larsen, from Sea Wolf novel)

• Like 8