Jump to content

NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here


Sybersnott

Recommended Posts

AvgJo
27 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

I played around on a little plastic gripper a little not much. Did fat bar pull ups and lots of double overhand deadlifts. My best deadlift double overhand was 405. Also gonna start following your log might be motivation to keep me pushing for that 3.

Solid base. You've got a knack for grippers I'd say. I'm guessing you are a pretty big dude? Thanks man, I'll be sure to follow you too 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Wannagrip

    383

  • Joefrey

    66

  • GetAGrip87

    26

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, My name is Andrew Dube, I'm 30 years old live in Waterloo ontario with my wife and two boys (3 and 1). I work as a machinist for the university science departments mostly building

Hello, my name is John Oka and I'm new to the grip game. I live on Maui, which gripsport does not exist. I started grip training for rehabilitation from Carpel tunnel surgery.  I'm on IG as Jokab

Hi everybody, and thank you for letting me in I'm a 53 year old Young man from Sweden with a gripaddiction, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was introduced to gripstrength a few years ba

Posted Images

Hi, my name is Rob I'm 52 years old now.  Live in Yorkshire UK.

I've been into grip training on & off for many years. Being at the time in the Army reserves I had a passion for all things strength n fitness. It was before my first tour of Iraq way back in 2004 that I purchased my first grippers CofC #1 & #'2. To take with me on tour to give a little workout when time allowed. At the time I was amazed I could no set close them out the packet I put this down to my manual day job.

Times have moved on & my interest has been reborn, found my grippers while doing a lockdown tidy. Sorry to say the No2 gripper I have is a struggle to move now. Can still close #1 (Put that down to less wrench work & more cordless power tools at work)  But working back up to it & hopefully beyond.

I was a member of a couple of forums for the grip community back then but think they have died or my log in expired.

I also enjoy collecting & I'm sorry to see that a lot of the cottage industry Hand gripper makers have now stopped manufactoring.

I've been reading the training logs & acumplishments for a few months. They are are giving me great motivation. Hope to post my own soon until then. A big Thanks to all who contribute, Keep Gripping. 😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my name is Joe.  I am getting back into grip training after many years away from it.  Does anyone have advice or maybe can point me to a thread pertaining to the last part of a close.  I used to be able to get the handles to touch on my #2 but I can no longer do so.  I expected to regress but I forgot how best to train for the last part of the close.  I do have a machine that used to be referred to as the "secret weapon" that I can do negatives.  In any case, I'm happy to be part of the community again and looking forward to getting back on the grip strength path.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush
47 minutes ago, jchawk said:

Hi, my name is Joe.  I am getting back into grip training after many years away from it.  Does anyone have advice or maybe can point me to a thread pertaining to the last part of a close.  I used to be able to get the handles to touch on my #2 but I can no longer do so.  I expected to regress but I forgot how best to train for the last part of the close.  I do have a machine that used to be referred to as the "secret weapon" that I can do negatives.  In any case, I'm happy to be part of the community again and looking forward to getting back on the grip strength path.

Welcome back. Is your username KU-related by chance? If so, I live in Lawrence, KS and could help you on the grippers in person. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush
7 hours ago, jchawk said:

bencrush - no I am on the east coast ... but thanks for the offer.

No problem, just thought your username might've been a reference to the KU Jayhawks. As far as closing grippers, I'd recommend Jedd Johnson's Cadence Based Training e-book. I bought it a while back, but changed training focus before starting it. I looked it over thoroughly and think it's excellent though and have no doubt it will be great. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
On 8/31/2020 at 6:20 PM, Nuttgens said:

Hey guys, my name is Steve 29 years old. I work up in northern Canada and after they shut down the gym here for Covid I ordered some grippers and started training them. I got my coc 1 1.5 and 2 at the beginning of May. Closed the 1 and 1.5 for reps when I got them took a few weeks to close the 2. Once I could rep my 2 for 13 reps I ordered the 2.5 and 3 they showed up about a week ago and right now can close my 2.5 for 5 reps but can’t even budge my 3. So for now just working on getting the reps up on my 2.5. I think my 2.5 might be an easier one and 3 harder because the spread on my 3 is half a handle width more than my 2.5. Anyways I guess I’ll let you know if I can ever get that #3 closed.

Welcome @Nuttgens!

On 9/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, Busa said:

Hi, my name is Rob I'm 52 years old now.  Live in Yorkshire UK.

I've been into grip training on & off for many years. Being at the time in the Army reserves I had a passion for all things strength n fitness. It was before my first tour of Iraq way back in 2004 that I purchased my first grippers CofC #1 & #'2. To take with me on tour to give a little workout when time allowed. At the time I was amazed I could no set close them out the packet I put this down to my manual day job.

Times have moved on & my interest has been reborn, found my grippers while doing a lockdown tidy. Sorry to say the No2 gripper I have is a struggle to move now. Can still close #1 (Put that down to less wrench work & more cordless power tools at work)  But working back up to it & hopefully beyond.

I was a member of a couple of forums for the grip community back then but think they have died or my log in expired.

I also enjoy collecting & I'm sorry to see that a lot of the cottage industry Hand gripper makers have now stopped manufactoring.

I've been reading the training logs & acumplishments for a few months. They are are giving me great motivation. Hope to post my own soon until then. A big Thanks to all who contribute, Keep Gripping. 😊

Welcome @Busa!

18 hours ago, jchawk said:

Hi, my name is Joe.  I am getting back into grip training after many years away from it.  Does anyone have advice or maybe can point me to a thread pertaining to the last part of a close.  I used to be able to get the handles to touch on my #2 but I can no longer do so.  I expected to regress but I forgot how best to train for the last part of the close.  I do have a machine that used to be referred to as the "secret weapon" that I can do negatives.  In any case, I'm happy to be part of the community again and looking forward to getting back on the grip strength path.

Welcome @jchawk!

Link to post
Share on other sites
weightlifter

Hi all! Im from Kazakhstan, my name is Yaroslav. Weight: 92kg. Height: 192cm.  Age: 33 years. I do amateur weightlifting sport. (90 snatch, 110 clean&jerk)

My grip way began few years ago. The best result was CoC2.5 for 1 rep TNS by right hand. Next I stopped training grippers for 4 years and now starting again. All 2019 year I closed CoC1.5 for reps TNS. 2 month ago I purchased russian grippers "ХВАТ" (means GRIP).

Now my results are:

1) CoC1.5 TNS 20reps by right and left hand

1) ХВАТ-6 (like hard CoC2) TNS 11 reps right hand, TNS 3 reps left hand.

2) ХВАТ-7 (like CoC2.5) TNS 2 reps right hand, 40mm 1 rep left hand.

3) ХВАТ-8 (like medium CoC3) deep set right hand, parallel set 1 rep right hand.

My aim is to close CoC3 and get cert from IronMind, and get all 1-8 MM certs (my dream).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
coffeegrip

Hey Board, my name is Evan. I’m 31 years old. I’ve been training grip seriously for almost a year now.

A bit of background...grew up doing lots of manual labor since my dad is a carpenter and we raised cattle, hogs, chickens, horses. Did just about everything—fixed fences, hauled hay, chopped wood, etc. All the great things that can lay a foundation for hand strength (I’m very lucky my family made me do all these things).

I played a bunch of sports throughout the years, competed in raw and geared powerlifting from 2009-2015, and Olympic weightlifting from 2014-2019. I loved sports and training so much I decided to become a strength and conditioning coach. I’ve been working at a power 5 school for 6 years now and love it. 
 

My grip goals are to close a COC 3 from a parallel set and to pinch 2x45s (Pinch is probably my favorite of the big 3). I also want to contribute to the board as much as I can.
 

Thank you to all the previous contributors—you’ve taught me more than you know already!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
21 hours ago, weightlifter said:

Hi all! Im from Kazakhstan, my name is Yaroslav. Weight: 92kg. Height: 192cm.  Age: 33 years. I do amateur weightlifting sport. (90 snatch, 110 clean&jerk)

My grip way began few years ago. The best result was CoC2.5 for 1 rep TNS by right hand. Next I stopped training grippers for 4 years and now starting again. All 2019 year I closed CoC1.5 for reps TNS. 2 month ago I purchased russian grippers "ХВАТ" (means GRIP).

Now my results are:

1) CoC1.5 TNS 20reps by right and left hand

1) ХВАТ-6 (like hard CoC2) TNS 11 reps right hand, TNS 3 reps left hand.

2) ХВАТ-7 (like CoC2.5) TNS 2 reps right hand, 40mm 1 rep left hand.

3) ХВАТ-8 (like medium CoC3) deep set right hand, parallel set 1 rep right hand.

My aim is to close CoC3 and get cert from IronMind, and get all 1-8 MM certs (my dream).

 

Welcome @weightlifter!

18 hours ago, coffeegrip said:

Hey Board, my name is Evan. I’m 31 years old. I’ve been training grip seriously for almost a year now.

A bit of background...grew up doing lots of manual labor since my dad is a carpenter and we raised cattle, hogs, chickens, horses. Did just about everything—fixed fences, hauled hay, chopped wood, etc. All the great things that can lay a foundation for hand strength (I’m very lucky my family made me do all these things).

I played a bunch of sports throughout the years, competed in raw and geared powerlifting from 2009-2015, and Olympic weightlifting from 2014-2019. I loved sports and training so much I decided to become a strength and conditioning coach. I’ve been working at a power 5 school for 6 years now and love it. 
 

My grip goals are to close a COC 3 from a parallel set and to pinch 2x45s (Pinch is probably my favorite of the big 3). I also want to contribute to the board as much as I can.
 

Thank you to all the previous contributors—you’ve taught me more than you know already!

Welcome @coffeegrip!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
AspiringCrusher

Hello everybody,

my name is Herman and I am trying to make some great grip & wrist strength gains so I decided to join the forum for advice and tips.

I have always had an interest in training my grip ever since I can remember. I love doing all kinds of odd/circus grip lifts and the unusual stuff. I weigh 85KG (187lbs) and can snatch a 48KG kettlebell, lift a 20kg blob with wide pinch grip, bottom-up press a 32KG kettlebell. I bought my first Captains of Crush grippers about 6 years ago, but after CCS-ing the #2, stopped training with them regularly. 

Now I started to train grip more seriously again. I am getting fat gripz and CoC #2.5 and #3. My goal is to close the #3 from parallel and perhaps one day get the credit card cert too.

Due to not having trained with grippers regularly a long while and focusing more on other aspects of fitness my grip is a bit weaker right now than at its peak. Currently I can TNS the CoC #1.5 and mash close the CoC#2 (credit card set with the #2 is difficult right now).

How often should I try to train grippers if I already go to the gym 5 days a week? Most of my training at the gym is kettlebells and barbells related.

 

Thanks! Looking forward to improving m grip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Steveslater22

Hi Everyone 

I am Steve from England like everything grip related bit of Powerlifting do a bit of everything really ...............Poorly at best😂 I am on IG do a few vids of my forgettable lifts etc🤣 
Best Regards

Steve

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
3 hours ago, Steveslater22 said:

Hi Everyone 

I am Steve from England like everything grip related bit of Powerlifting do a bit of everything really ...............Poorly at best😂 I am on IG do a few vids of my forgettable lifts etc🤣 
Best Regards

Steve

 

Alreet steve man, can you guess who it is? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steveslater22
1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Alreet steve man, can you guess who it is? 

Wye Aye  Man Paul from the toon 👍🏻😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
18 hours ago, Steveslater22 said:

Wye Aye  Man Paul from the toon 👍🏻😂

Haha spot on. Welcome mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.