NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. Ive been exercising for a few years now, but the last few months I've started focusing on my grip.  I first got interested in grip strength because, everyone always talks about my grandfathers legendary grip strength, he was a mason, and there are a dozen stories about how strong he was.

Anyways, I purchased the COCs trainer to 2.5. I was shocked I do have a good grip from working construction but I couldn't even close the 1.  Unless I take a break from workout for a few days and let my hands rest.  Anyways, My goals for next year is lever the 16lbs sledgehammer, bottoms up press the 70lbs kettlebell and close the  #2.5 COC. I just try not to push my hands to hard because I need them for work. I look forward to learning a lot from everybody here.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 6:47 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. Ive been exercising for a few years now, but the last few months I've started focusing on my grip.  I first got interested in grip strength because, everyone always talks about my grandfathers legendary grip strength, he was a mason, and there are a dozen stories about how strong he was.

Anyways, I purchased the COCs trainer to 2.5. I was shocked I do have a good grip from working construction but I couldn't even close the 1.  Unless I take a break from workout for a few days and let my hands rest.  Anyways, My goals for next year is lever the 16lbs sledgehammer, bottoms up press the 70lbs kettlebell and close the  #2.5 COC. I just try not to push my hands to hard because I need them for work. I look forward to learning a lot from everybody here.

Welcome @Blacksmith513 !

• Like 1

Greetings!

My goals are twofold:

(1) Crushed to Dust Certification

(2) Close the #3 Captains of Crush gripper

To date I have closed the #2 Captains of Crush gripper. Not much, but it's a start!

I have learned a lot by reading the forums here so thought it prudent to join and start a log.

Thanks for having me!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hector said:

Greetings!

My goals are twofold:

(1) Crushed to Dust Certification

(2) Close the #3 Captains of Crush gripper

To date I have closed the #2 Captains of Crush gripper. Not much, but it's a start!

I have learned a lot by reading the forums here so thought it prudent to join and start a log.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome @Hector !

• 1 month later...

Name is Stanley sallee I go by ___chucky___ I love steel bending I’m certified on the ironmind red nail and I’m going to bend the gold nail in another life time haha I can close up to the #3 coc gripper and I’m in Clarksville tn hello to all and thanks for letting me be a apart of the group 

Hello everyone, I'm 39, 6'0, 250 lb.  I have captains of crush grippers that I don't use, ironmind's twist yo wrist, and ironmind wrist roller.  I desperately want to a vice like grip. Size is cool but strength is what I'm really seeking.  Frequency, sets, reps, are all variables I'd like to gain knowledge on but more importantly I want to know how everyone incorporates their grip training into their regular workouts.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, Stanley sallee said:

Name is Stanley sallee I go by ___chucky___ I love steel bending I’m certified on the ironmind red nail and I’m going to bend the gold nail in another life time haha I can close up to the #3 coc gripper and I’m in Clarksville tn hello to all and thanks for letting me be a apart of the group 

Welcome @Stanley sallee

On 12/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, JonWick said:

Hello everyone, I'm 39, 6'0, 250 lb.  I have captains of crush grippers that I don't use, ironmind's twist yo wrist, and ironmind wrist roller.  I desperately want to a vice like grip. Size is cool but strength is what I'm really seeking.  Frequency, sets, reps, are all variables I'd like to gain knowledge on but more importantly I want to know how everyone incorporates their grip training into their regular workouts.

Welcome @JonWick!

Hello all! I am a little late in posting my first post here as I created an account and lurked for about a month. My name Is Girth_Quake93 and I am in my mid 20’s, and have been training grip for about 7 months. My grip training consists of DOH axle dead lifts, rolling thunder, blob/plate pinch, hub, and of course grippers. I would like to hit 455 on DOH axle deads, certify on a #3 CoC and hit a 75lb hub. Right now I mostly train strongman and weigh about 280lbs. As for my progress so far I have DOH axle deadlifted 400lbs, closed a CoC 2.5 for about 6 reps and have hit 210lbs on rolling thunder, I will post my instagram here if anyone has any interest in taking a look, is that allowed? Thank you!

Edited by Girth_Quake93
More info

Hi fellow grippers

Im 31 years old and have lifted weights since the age of 16. My father was very focused from a very early age that we kept our bodies in shape and did well at school. He showed me how to do push-ups, sit ups and dips around the age of 7-8 I believe. 

6 foot and 260lbs/120kg body weight. Fairly strong. Best lifts are 550lbs/ 250kg raw bench at the age of 22. I’m a bit lighter now so not that strong. 

Wanted to give this grip stuff a go. First time  I tried a COC was at the age of 15-16 I think and did the #2 pretty easy. Rolling thunder was when I was 17 and pulled 215lbs/ 95kg. Tried I coc #3 the summer of 2018 coming up 2 mm. short. 

Would be very fun to certify a #3,5. 

Happy new year people. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all Grippers. Im 38 years old from Finland. 

10 years ago I first tried this Grip training but motivation lasted about 6 months because I was a fool and overtrained my hands gotten multiple tendonitis.

I have been training Powerlifting, bjj, submission wrestling, boxing, bodybuilding and strongman stuff. 

Gym lifts:

Benchpress: 190kg 

Squat: 280kg

Frontsquat: 220kg

Deadlift: 280kg x 2

2 months ago I find this Gripping training again and now also training overall strength stuff. Thank God I find this forum so now Im alot wiser than before. Thanks to all knowledge members here and Jedd Johnson youtube videos. 

COC #3 is now my goal gripper and I think I can close it MM set in few months. I can now close it with 30mm choker close but not without.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, Girth_Quake93 said:

Hello all! I am a little late in posting my first post here as I created an account and lurked for about a month. My name Is Girth_Quake93 and I am in my mid 20’s, and have been training grip for about 7 months. My grip training consists of DOH axle dead lifts, rolling thunder, blob/plate pinch, hub, and of course grippers. I would like to hit 455 on DOH axle deads, certify on a #3 CoC and hit a 75lb hub. Right now I mostly train strongman and weigh about 280lbs. As for my progress so far I have DOH axle deadlifted 400lbs, closed a CoC 2.5 for about 6 reps and have hit 210lbs on rolling thunder, I will post my instagram here if anyone has any interest in taking a look, is that allowed? Thank you!

On 12/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, rippedlikeapig said:

Hi fellow grippers

Im 31 years old and have lifted weights since the age of 16. My father was very focused from a very early age that we kept our bodies in shape and did well at school. He showed me how to do push-ups, sit ups and dips around the age of 7-8 I believe. 

6 foot and 260lbs/120kg body weight. Fairly strong. Best lifts are 550lbs/ 250kg raw bench at the age of 22. I’m a bit lighter now so not that strong. 

Wanted to give this grip stuff a go. First time  I tried a COC was at the age of 15-16 I think and did the #2 pretty easy. Rolling thunder was when I was 17 and pulled 215lbs/ 95kg. Tried I coc #3 the summer of 2018 coming up 2 mm. short. 

Would be very fun to certify a #3,5. 

Happy new year people. Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Mega Slice said:

Hello all Grippers. Im 38 years old from Finland. 

10 years ago I first tried this Grip training but motivation lasted about 6 months because I was a fool and overtrained my hands gotten multiple tendonitis.

I have been training Powerlifting, bjj, submission wrestling, boxing, bodybuilding and strongman stuff. 

Gym lifts:

Benchpress: 190kg 

Squat: 280kg

Frontsquat: 220kg

Deadlift: 280kg x 2

2 months ago I find this Gripping training again and now also training overall strength stuff. Thank God I find this forum so now Im alot wiser than before. Thanks to all knowledge members here and Jedd Johnson youtube videos. 

COC #3 is now my goal gripper and I think I can close it MM set in few months. I can now close it with 30mm choker close but not without.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hi everyone

My name is Olivier, 27yrs  and I am from Belgium. I'm currently around 98kg and 1,86m tall.

I got into grip training because I always admired men who had a though handshake. 😃Always respected that. Also, I never use straps on DL's etc because i think you're only as strong as your weakest link. Therefore extra grip training is good for improving this lift. For christmas this year I got some COC's and training with them almost daily now. 2mm shy of closing the nr 2 now.

Anyways, i'm hoping to get more info on this forum on how to effectively improve grip. 

P.S. I want to close the COC nr 3 before my 30th birthday :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

Hi everyone

My name is Olivier, 27yrs  and I am from Belgium. I'm currently around 98kg and 1,86m tall.

I got into grip training because I always admired men who had a though handshake. 😃Always respected that. Also, I never use straps on DL's etc because i think you're only as strong as your weakest link. Therefore extra grip training is good for improving this lift. For christmas this year I got some COC's and training with them almost daily now. 2mm shy of closing the nr 2 now.

Anyways, i'm hoping to get more info on this forum on how to effectively improve grip. 

P.S. I want to close the COC nr 3 before my 30th birthday :D

Welcome @Oli4 !

What's up everyone! My name is Stephen and I am 31 years old. Essentially a newbie grip trainer who has only worked with grippers so far. I am close to a set close on a COC 3. Looking to continue to improve with my all around grip training and not just stick to grippers. Joined for the community and wealth of knowledge I can apply to my training and discipline! 

Thanks for having me and please feel free to reach out!

• Like 1

hi, I'm James,   39 years old, recently got into grippers, i have a small collection of grip tools, cannon balls, pinch blocks, rolling thunder etc.

I also like to bend nails, hoping to certify on nails and grippers in the future.

i recently had a partial left wrist fusion due to a torn tendon, so am currently rehabbing that and bringing my strength back as close to where it was as possible. 

last checked grip was 46kg left hand and 76kg right on a jamar hand dynamometer at a physio appointment.

Im looking forwards to joining in the forums, both learning and sharing info.

hi im new here i live in the uk have been into grip for over 2 years also a keen mountain bike rider im on my way to close grip coc 3 and really into finger strength,my personal best with only little finger and thumb is 25lb(111/4 kg) with our thumb smasher grip tool,could somebody inform me if any records exist for this grip feat?i can upload video to show feat?im sure im a long way any records

4 hours ago, yorkshire grip said:

hi im new here i live in the uk have been into grip for over 2 years also a keen mountain bike rider im on my way to close grip coc 3 and really into finger strength,my personal best with only little finger and thumb is 25lb(111/4 kg) with our thumb smasher grip tool,could somebody inform me if any records exist for this grip feat?i can upload video to show feat?im sure im a long way any records

Welcome @yorkshire grip !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm Ike. I've been lifting for 2 years now with a focus on powerlifting but I'm starting to do more strongman now. I have a bunch of grip equipment from Grip Genie and have had their grippers for a year. Right now I'm working on a left turn gg4 but I can close my right turn gg4s pretty effortlessly. My main grip goal is to certify on the CoC 3 before I turn 20 in July. Hopefully being here I can pick up on some good tips to try out and make that goal a possibility

• Like 4

Hi guys , I'm Kyle , started armwrestling a year ago and got into gripper shortly there after, I'm now expanding my routines to include other Grip implements,  I have a Jokabug Anaconda on the way , that will be my first legitimate handle and i have become very close friends with the man himself over the past year, so i am looking forward to collecting all of his handles and soon visiting him in Hawaii. 

working my way towards the Coc 3 obviously as i think is all our goal at the start ? 
Pretty close to some decently tough rated grippers but my 3 is 85 mm spread which just makes you want to cry haha.

Loving grip so far and everything about it. armwrestling is of course my main focus. im looking forward to learning and growing my grip in many ways, i've always lived daily life to the extreme and tried to get the most out of everything i touched , making it harder , or more difficult for myself , even daily work , i make everything as difficult as possible not for any particular reason but if you can get some training out of something , then why not ?

As for grippers and armwrestling , there is just something about burying your entire soul into the effort of something that i can't get enough of pain does not exist in those moments and it is very addictive!

time to go reading everything i can get my eyes on :D

~Kyle

Hello everyone. My name is Kandai. I’m from Japan, 23 years old, 5ft 7 (172cm) and weigh 169lbs (77kg). 

I’ve been lifting for 4-5 years now. I’ve always been fascinated with grip strength but never trained for it seriously. 

I’ve arm wrestled on and off for about 2 years. I can close the CoC#2 with just my right hand. And I’m mainly training with kettlebells right now trying to dominate the 32kg.

My goal is to develop a well rounded and respectable grip strength. I want to start with closing the CoC#2.5 and getting in to nail bending. (Planning to buy Jedd Johnson’s ebook and IM’s bag of nails)

I want to meet people with similar interests and goals and expand my knowledge of grip through this forum. 

Edited by Kandai

On 2/4/2020 at 8:36 PM, littleike222 said:

Hey guys, I'm Ike. I've been lifting for 2 years now with a focus on powerlifting but I'm starting to do more strongman now. I have a bunch of grip equipment from Grip Genie and have had their grippers for a year. Right now I'm working on a left turn gg4 but I can close my right turn gg4s pretty effortlessly. My main grip goal is to certify on the CoC 3 before I turn 20 in July. Hopefully being here I can pick up on some good tips to try out and make that goal a possibility

Welcome @littleike222!

On 2/7/2020 at 12:08 AM, PronatorKyle said:

Hi guys , I'm Kyle , started armwrestling a year ago and got into gripper shortly there after, I'm now expanding my routines to include other Grip implements,  I have a Jokabug Anaconda on the way , that will be my first legitimate handle and i have become very close friends with the man himself over the past year, so i am looking forward to collecting all of his handles and soon visiting him in Hawaii. 

working my way towards the Coc 3 obviously as i think is all our goal at the start ? 
Pretty close to some decently tough rated grippers but my 3 is 85 mm spread which just makes you want to cry haha.

Loving grip so far and everything about it. armwrestling is of course my main focus. im looking forward to learning and growing my grip in many ways, i've always lived daily life to the extreme and tried to get the most out of everything i touched , making it harder , or more difficult for myself , even daily work , i make everything as difficult as possible not for any particular reason but if you can get some training out of something , then why not ?

As for grippers and armwrestling , there is just something about burying your entire soul into the effort of something that i can't get enough of pain does not exist in those moments and it is very addictive!

time to go reading everything i can get my eyes on :D

~Kyle

Welcome @PronatorKyle!

2 hours ago, Kandai said:

Hello everyone. My name is Kandai. I’m from Japan, 23 years old, 5ft 7 (172cm) and weigh 169lbs (77kg). 

I’ve been lifting for 4-5 years now. I’ve always been fascinated with grip strength but never trained for it seriously. 

I’ve arm wrestled on and off for about 2 years. I can close the CoC#2 with just my right hand. And I’m mainly training with kettlebells right now trying to dominate the 32kg.

My goal is to develop a well rounded and respectable grip strength. I want to start with closing the CoC#2.5 and getting in to nail bending. (Planning to buy Jedd Johnson’s ebook and IM’s bag of nails)

I want to meet people with similar interests and goals and expand my knowledge of grip through this forum. 

Welcome @Kandai!

Hi my name is Lee I’m 37 from England I’ve been in to grip training for the last 12 months having been in to weight training since the age of seventeen,  due to lower back and shoulder problems no longer lift heavy. 
 My current training centres around coc grippers currently I’m closing the #2.5 from around 35mm, plus I do some thick handled training plus thumb work and various wrist training. 
My ultimate goal is to one day get certified on the coc 3 

Edited by Lee W
Mistake
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lee W said:

Hi my name is Lee I’m 37 from England I’ve been in to grip training for the last 12 months having been in to weight training since the age of seventeen,  due to lower back and shoulder problems no longer lift heavy. 
 My current training centres around coc grippers currently I’m closing the #2.5 from around 35mm, plus I do some thick handled training plus thumb work and various wrist training. 
My ultimate goal is to one day get certified on the coc 3 

Welcome @Lee W!

Hello everyone. My name is Treson and I'm 18 years old, 5'6 and 145lb. I grew up in a small town and was always active. My dad left when I was 3 and was always in prison. He died of a heart attack at 32. He was a strong man. He had  muscular dystrophy but that didn't stop him from working out. The last letter I got from him was him talking to me about his working out in prison. That really started my drive for fitness. Specially grip strength and old-time strongman. No sob story here just my info on how I started. 

I'm interested in as I said before grip, and old-time strongman. I like the old time strongmen because some of them were shorter and weighed around me with very impressive lifts. So it's nice seeing something I can aspire to be. 

What I'm looking for out of this board is to learn more about unconventional grip strength and lifts, and I found the speciality of the grip board to be very handy. No pun intended. I have no questions now but when I do I know I can trust you guys. Thanks for adding me in.