Sybersnott

NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

copiousGrip

Hi, my name is Marcel. My last peak in grip strength was 3 years ago, where i closed a 133 RGC CoC 2.5 from a MM set. Trained on and off since then. Decided to get back on track, been training for the last month and am able to replicate my afore mentioned milestone. 

I will be aiming to close a CoC 3 from a MM set by the end of the year. 

Andrew S

Hello GripBoard.

My name is Andrew. I am new to gripsport but have been training since 2002-2003 and competing in powerlifting since 2012. I had no idea about gripsport as an organized competition until a few years ago reading about it in JL Holdsworth's log on EliteFTS. It was in the back of my mind since then and I finally competed this September at Hillbilly Hand Wars and again at King Kong. The grip community is great and I will definitely be competing a lot more in the future.

I have wanted to pinch two 45's for a long time, even before knowing about grip. I've also had the full set of Heavy Grips since my early teens, so closing the 350 would be really special to me. I have many competitive goals in grip now. I also dabble in phone books and bending, but don't train for it.

I'm pretty sure I've spent more money on grip toys in the past couple months then the last decade of training. I need to stop buying stuff. Grip is addicting.

• Like 2

Wannagrip
21 hours ago, copiousGrip said:

Hi, my name is Marcel. My last peak in grip strength was 3 years ago, where i closed a 133 RGC CoC 2.5 from a MM set. Trained on and off since then. Decided to get back on track, been training for the last month and am able to replicate my afore mentioned milestone. 

I will be aiming to close a CoC 3 from a MM set by the end of the year. 

Welcome @copiousGrip !

20 hours ago, Andrew S said:

Hello GripBoard.

My name is Andrew. I am new to gripsport but have been training since 2002-2003 and competing in powerlifting since 2012. I had no idea about gripsport as an organized competition until a few years ago reading about it in JL Holdsworth's log on EliteFTS. It was in the back of my mind since then and I finally competed this September at Hillbilly Hand Wars and again at King Kong. The grip community is great and I will definitely be competing a lot more in the future.

I have wanted to pinch two 45's for a long time, even before knowing about grip. I've also had the full set of Heavy Grips since my early teens, so closing the 350 would be really special to me. I have many competitive goals in grip now. I also dabble in phone books and bending, but don't train for it.

I'm pretty sure I've spent more money on grip toys in the past couple months then the last decade of training. I need to stop buying stuff. Grip is addicting.

Welcome @Andrew S !

• Like 1

bruce1337

Hello Gripboard

My name is Siamak. Very new to gripsports as I have been training grip for about 3 months now. My background is in Olympic Weightlifting but my friend David Wigren got me into the sport by accident. We started conversing about arm wrestling and stongman until I saw that he was hosting a competition called the Swedish Grip Open.

I signed up on a whim just to test out my grip strength and began training for the comp. In the 2 months of grip training I was completely addicted to the sport!
Needless to say I came in last place at the comp but the experience was humbling and thrilling at the same time.

I will be attempting feats of grip strength and grip competitions in the future.

• Like 3

Lennix
29 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Hello Gripboard

My name is Siamak. Very new to gripsports as I have been training grip for about 3 months now. My background is in Olympic Weightlifting but my friend David Wigren got me into the sport by accident. We started conversing about arm wrestling and stongman until I saw that he was hosting a competition called the Swedish Grip Open.

I signed up on a whim just to test out my grip strength and began training for the comp. In the 2 months of grip training I was completely addicted to the sport!
Needless to say I came in last place at the comp but the experience was humbling and thrilling at the same time.

I will be attempting feats of grip strength and grip competitions in the future.

Welcome! 

Next year you will do better att SGO for sure. 

Wannagrip

Welcome @bruce1337 !

9 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Hello Gripboard

Blacksmith513

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. Ive been exercising for a few years now, but the last few months I've started focusing on my grip.  I first got interested in grip strength because, everyone always talks about my grandfathers legendary grip strength, he was a mason, and there are a dozen stories about how strong he was.

Anyways, I purchased the COCs trainer to 2.5. I was shocked I do have a good grip from working construction but I couldn't even close the 1.  Unless I take a break from workout for a few days and let my hands rest.  Anyways, My goals for next year is lever the 16lbs sledgehammer, bottoms up press the 70lbs kettlebell and close the  #2.5 COC. I just try not to push my hands to hard because I need them for work. I look forward to learning a lot from everybody here.

• Like 1

Ricochet
1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Joe.

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Wannagrip
On 11/17/2019 at 6:47 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Joe. Ive been exercising for a few years now, but the last few months I've started focusing on my grip.  I first got interested in grip strength because, everyone always talks about my grandfathers legendary grip strength, he was a mason, and there are a dozen stories about how strong he was.

Anyways, I purchased the COCs trainer to 2.5. I was shocked I do have a good grip from working construction but I couldn't even close the 1.  Unless I take a break from workout for a few days and let my hands rest.  Anyways, My goals for next year is lever the 16lbs sledgehammer, bottoms up press the 70lbs kettlebell and close the  #2.5 COC. I just try not to push my hands to hard because I need them for work. I look forward to learning a lot from everybody here.

Welcome @Blacksmith513 !

• Like 1

Hector

Greetings!

My goals are twofold:

(1) Crushed to Dust Certification

(2) Close the #3 Captains of Crush gripper

To date I have closed the #2 Captains of Crush gripper. Not much, but it's a start!

I have learned a lot by reading the forums here so thought it prudent to join and start a log.

Thanks for having me!

Wannagrip
6 hours ago, Hector said:

Greetings!

My goals are twofold:

(1) Crushed to Dust Certification

(2) Close the #3 Captains of Crush gripper

To date I have closed the #2 Captains of Crush gripper. Not much, but it's a start!

I have learned a lot by reading the forums here so thought it prudent to join and start a log.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome @Hector !