NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

32 minutes ago, GripRus said:

Hello my friend's! I am from Russia (Siberia). I am very pleased to have found this forum. I will read and get your training experience. Sorry for my English in advance. All respect from Russia!

Welcome @GripRus !

• Like 1

Hello all, I'm Frank from Rhode Island. 

Been lurking here a while but just registered. I've 36 and have been strength training in some form for about 15 years with mixed results. I've been taking grip seriously since I bought a house 2 years ago and got away from the globo gyms and started my basement gym. 

Grip PRs as of now in pounds: 

315 2" (1.9) axle, 190 3" axle, 290 fatgripz dl, 245 fatgripz extreme dl, 50 Ironmind hub, 80 Arm Assassin 2 3/8 wrist wrench (72 left handed)

I do not like grippers and am not very good at them, no interest in them right now. I've never really followed any programming but I've been seriously considering paying for some lately. I think I've made decent progress on my own but I want to take it more seriously and advance to the next levels. My pinch is absolutely terrible (but I also don't train if often). I need to get a pinch block and rolling handle soon. I train mostly for my own benefit, really don't have the desire to compete and my number one goal is health, strength is second. 

Sometimes I think I go overboard in training and do a ton of junk volume that just tires me out and contributes nothing. It's something I'm working on correcting. Normally I just work up to a "heavy"-for-that-day single and do a couple of back off sets. 

Hi, I'm almost 37 years old. I used to work out in my early to late 20s and did heavy powerlifting my heaviest was 655 deadlift at 215ish pounds, video is on youtube.
Not long after I injured myself and quite my job of personal training and went into nursing. I have not be about to workout for the past 6-8 years. In fact I havent did any labor for the past 5 years as my nursing job is a desk for the most part.  However I just had my first boy last year and I wanted to get back into lifting.
My dad Gary "the gripper" Stich trained exclusively grip and it made me not want to go down the same path when I was young. But at the end of January my dad handed me his old grippers, One I believe is the IM prototype gripper (before 1991) that used to be welded and was prone to breaking (my dad used this one to warm up with before his heavy weights on his Grip machine that he used exclusively) It's RGC is 132 which after a month of training with some other grippers I bought I was able to close (but it was difficult to close). I'm going to work my way up to the COC 3 but I have been getting tendon pain and Jedd Johnson and told me to slow down and maybe do so holds. It's difficult as I like to go all out.
At Jedd's request he suggested getting all the grippers I need for training in one go. So I did and there was a very nice company Cannon Powerworks that helped me out and did this for me and their hospitality was amazing.

So I started 1/30/19 and had 4 workouts so far with the grippers, moving from closing the coc 2 to closing the coc 2.5 RGC 129 and the prototype RGC 132 I do not set my grippers to less than credit card I only set to get my short fingers on.
I appreciate any help  or suggestions, I know I pale comparison to my dad's grip and many amazing people's on here as I never trained it before but hopefully with some guidance I'll get that number 3 before end of the year.  

Thank you all kindly and respectfully

Matt Stich

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

Edited by Stich

• 4 weeks later...

What going on guys! My name is Austin I just got into grip about 5 months ago now..No real background in training. Except hard physical labor I used to be a Landscaper, Gravedigger, and Tree farmer. I also do basic body weight stuff pull -ups, push-ups, squats.etc..About 5 months ago I caught wind of the CoC grippers on a youtude video...So I ordered the #1 smashed it ordered #1.5 same smash..Ordered #2 smash it once and tried again the next day and couldn't smash it ...lol...So thats when I start looking for a grip forum which lead me here. That was a couple months ago. Since then I just been trying to read and train regular..So I got a gym membership about a month ago now..Been lifting for 3 weeks this week will be my 4th. I look to gain knowledge and insight form individuals experienced in the art in this community to further my progress and own journey. Also, I love Bending stuff thats another thing I have just recently found Im addicted to like 2 months ago..So far can bend 1/4"x6" cr round bar that I buy in 4ft sections at my local hardware store and 60HDC 6" nails are what I have found to a good warm up bend...I cant bend 60BCs yet..So to stop ranting now...My goals are to Bend the Red Nail and Cert on the Crush to Dust Challenge ..Then tackle the #3 CoC ...All advice is welcome Im level 1 new game noob ..lol..Thanks ..Height::5'11 Current Weight:: 163lbs Age: 27 

Edited by NO Face

On 2/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, FrankSobotka said:

Hello all, I'm Frank from Rhode Island. 

Been lurking here a while but just registered. I've 36 and have been strength training in some form for about 15 years with mixed results. I've been taking grip seriously since I bought a house 2 years ago and got away from the globo gyms and started my basement gym. 

Grip PRs as of now in pounds: 

315 2" (1.9) axle, 190 3" axle, 290 fatgripz dl, 245 fatgripz extreme dl, 50 Ironmind hub, 80 Arm Assassin 2 3/8 wrist wrench (72 left handed)

I do not like grippers and am not very good at them, no interest in them right now. I've never really followed any programming but I've been seriously considering paying for some lately. I think I've made decent progress on my own but I want to take it more seriously and advance to the next levels. My pinch is absolutely terrible (but I also don't train if often). I need to get a pinch block and rolling handle soon. I train mostly for my own benefit, really don't have the desire to compete and my number one goal is health, strength is second. 

Sometimes I think I go overboard in training and do a ton of junk volume that just tires me out and contributes nothing. It's something I'm working on correcting. Normally I just work up to a "heavy"-for-that-day single and do a couple of back off sets. 

On 3/1/2019 at 7:23 AM, Stich said:

Hi, I'm almost 37 years old. I used to work out in my early to late 20s and did heavy powerlifting my heaviest was 655 deadlift at 215ish pounds, video is on youtube.
Not long after I injured myself and quite my job of personal training and went into nursing. I have not be about to workout for the past 6-8 years. In fact I havent did any labor for the past 5 years as my nursing job is a desk for the most part.  However I just had my first boy last year and I wanted to get back into lifting.
My dad Gary "the gripper" Stich trained exclusively grip and it made me not want to go down the same path when I was young. But at the end of January my dad handed me his old grippers, One I believe is the IM prototype gripper (before 1991) that used to be welded and was prone to breaking (my dad used this one to warm up with before his heavy weights on his Grip machine that he used exclusively) It's RGC is 132 which after a month of training with some other grippers I bought I was able to close (but it was difficult to close). I'm going to work my way up to the COC 3 but I have been getting tendon pain and Jedd Johnson and told me to slow down and maybe do so holds. It's difficult as I like to go all out.
At Jedd's request he suggested getting all the grippers I need for training in one go. So I did and there was a very nice company Cannon Powerworks that helped me out and did this for me and their hospitality was amazing.

So I started 1/30/19 and had 4 workouts so far with the grippers, moving from closing the coc 2 to closing the coc 2.5 RGC 129 and the prototype RGC 132 I do not set my grippers to less than credit card I only set to get my short fingers on.
I appreciate any help  or suggestions, I know I pale comparison to my dad's grip and many amazing people's on here as I never trained it before but hopefully with some guidance I'll get that number 3 before end of the year.  

Thank you all kindly and respectfully

Matt Stich

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

6 hours ago, NO Face said:

What going on guys! My name is Austin I just got into grip about 5 months ago now..No real background in training. Except hard physical labor I used to be a Landscaper, Gravedigger, and Tree farmer. I also do basic body weight stuff pull -ups, push-ups, squats.etc..About 5 months ago I caught wind of the CoC grippers on a youtude video...So I ordered the #1 smashed it ordered #1.5 same smash..Ordered #2 smash it once and tried again the next day and couldn't smash it ...lol...So thats when I start looking for a grip forum which lead me here. That was a couple months ago. Since then I just been trying to read and train regular..So I got a gym membership about a month ago now..Been lifting for 3 weeks this week will be my 4th. I look to gain knowledge and insight form individuals experienced in the art in this community to further my progress and own journey. Also, I love Bending stuff thats another thing I have just recently found Im addicted to like 2 months ago..So far can bend 1/4"x6" cr round bar that I buy in 4ft sections at my local hardware store and 60HDC 6" nails are what I have found to a good warm up bend...I cant bend 60BCs yet..So to stop ranting now...My goals are to Bend the Red Nail and Cert on the Crush to Dust Challenge ..Then tackle the #3 CoC ...All advice is welcome Im level 1 new game noob ..lol..Thanks ..Height::5'11 Current Weight:: 163lbs Age: 27 

Welcome @NO Face, @Stich , and @FrankSobotka !

• Like 1

Hi my name is Richard I'm 48 years old, 6' 3 " 224 lbs. and have been resistance training since the age of 11.. I have done building building , power lifting, strongman (all training no contests) and always grip training..I'm an OTA/PTA  and certified resistance trainer working in the rehabilitation field in a private clinic, certified cook and previous fitness gym owner..I have to modify a lot of my training around my disability - CP.. I have written a few articles in Milo over the years about training with friends..

My goals now are to close the # 3 and higher in the no set style all this came about when I injured my back last year with a pinched nerve and had to do something so not to go crazy without training..

13 hours ago, Remoores said:

Hi my name is Richard I'm 48 years old, 6' 3 " 224 lbs. and have been resistance training since the age of 11.. I have done building building , power lifting, strongman (all training no contests) and always grip training..I'm an OTA/PTA  and certified resistance trainer working in the rehabilitation field in a private clinic, certified cook and previous fitness gym owner..I have to modify a lot of my training around my disability - CP.. I have written a few articles in Milo over the years about training with friends..

My goals now are to close the # 3 and higher in the no set style all this came about when I injured my back last year with a pinched nerve and had to do something so not to go crazy without training..

Welcome @Remoores !

Hello! I am Dmitry, I live in St. Petersburg, Russia, I am very glad to meet you, I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time! I am 46 years old,in my youth I was fond of professional rowing, winner of the national championship. Heavy grippers train since July 2015, my personal achievements closing GHP level 7 (151) PS , I think that this is the merit of the program RRBT. Went to the 7 phase . Have a dream to close the COC 3 with card! Please forgive my English

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dmitriy Samoylov said:

Hello! I am Dmitry, I live in St. Petersburg, Russia, I am very glad to meet you, I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time! I am 46 years old,in my youth I was fond of professional rowing, winner of the national championship. Heavy grippers train since July 2015, my personal achievements closing GHP level 7 (151) PS , I think that this is the merit of the program RRBT. Went to the 7 phase . Have a dream to close the COC 3 with card! Please forgive my English

Welcome @Dmitriy Samoylov !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey grippsters! My name is Hannes, and I live in Iceland. I'm 32yo 6'5 and 340lbs. I've always been interested in all kinds of strength feats and really got into grip about 8 months ago.

Personal achievements would be getting certified with the CoC 3 and a 72lbs hub

Current goals are CoC 3.5 cert and a 100lbs hub

9 hours ago, Hannes said:

Hey grippsters! My name is Hannes, and I live in Iceland. I'm 32yo 6'5 and 340lbs.

Welcome! Sounds like you are an average guy from Iceland :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hannes said:

Hey grippsters! My name is Hannes, and I live in Iceland. I'm 32yo 6'5 and 340lbs. I've always been interested in all kinds of strength feats and really got into grip about 8 months ago.

Personal achievements would be getting certified with the CoC 3 and a 72lbs hub

Current goals are CoC 3.5 cert and a 100lbs hub

Welcome! @Hannes

Hello everyone. After 7 years, I'm finally getting around to introducing myself on the board. I'm currently 24, and been interested in grip since high school. Picked my grippers up again last year and haven't been able to put them down since. Short term goal is to get up to around 150RGC MMS (PB is a 138 Super Master). 5'8" and somewhere around 170lbs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yidmaster said:

Hello everyone. After 7 years, I'm finally getting around to introducing myself on the board. I'm currently 24, and been interested in grip since high school. Picked my grippers up again last year and haven't been able to put them down since. Short term goal is to get up to around 150RGC MMS (PB is a 138 Super Master). 5'8" and somewhere around 170lbs.

Welcome @yidmaster!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  My name is Jake and I'm 37.  I've been very focused on grip training after severing a tendon and nerve in my left index finger.  It started to limit my deadlift, so I started with COC, and have slowly grown into a full grip addict.  

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, japete01 said:

Hello all.  My name is Jake and I'm 37.  I've been very focused on grip training after severing a tendon and nerve in my left index finger.  It started to limit my deadlift, so I started with COC, and have slowly grown into a full grip addict.  

Severing a tendon... geez. Are you back to 100%?

Thank you for asking!  Definitely not 100%.  My pinch grip is closer to normal, but my extensors must be weak because I can't quite fully extend that finger.  Not quite a hook like it used to be, but it's ugly.  The surgeon said the tendon will either hold or snap, there isn't anything more I can do now.  So, we shall see.  It looks like some folks on this board are holding a Grip competition in Lakewood, CO (Denver suburb).  Sounds like a good way to enter the sport and see just how far off I am.  

• Like 1

Howdy everyone! My name is Dillon and I am relatively new to the world of grip training/sports. With years of experience in powerlifting, strrongman, and crossfit, my grip strength has always been an asset. At 5'10" and 205lbs, I managed to pull a novice 182lbs on the Ironmind Rolling Thunder the very first time I ever maxed out on it and now I am HOOKED! Looking forward to meeting new folks on this thread and expanding my knowledge of all things grip. As a mover, by trade, this sort of training is perfect.

20181217_102023_1545067280480_001.jpg

Edited by Dbramb
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, japete01 said:

6 hours ago, Dbramb said:

Howdy everyone! My name is Dillon and I am relatively new to the world of grip training/sports. With years of experience in powerlifting, strrongman, and crossfit, my grip strength has always been an asset. At 5'10" and 205lbs, I managed to pull a novice 182lbs on the Ironmind Rolling Thunder the very first time I ever maxed out on it and now I am HOOKED! Looking forward to meeting new folks on this thread and expanding my knowledge of all things grip. As a mover, by trade, this sort of training is perfect.

20181217_102023_1545067280480_001.jpg

Welcome @Dbramb and @japete01 !

• Like 2

Hi everyone, my name is Gian-Luca. I'm 39 years old and live in Canada.  Although I've been bodybuilding and powerlifting on and off for more than 20 years I am new to grip specific training. I've certainly been bitten by the grip bug and I am working on building a collection of grippers. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone I just recently started back on my grip training. My main focus is with grippers right now, but will be adding different grip tools to my workout in the future. My current strength is being able to close the coc 2 with both hands. I almost closed the coc 2.5 my last workout. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 9:42 AM, glfp said:

Hi everyone, my name is Gian-Luca. I'm 39 years old and live in Canada.  Although I've been bodybuilding and powerlifting on and off for more than 20 years I am new to grip specific training. I've certainly been bitten by the grip bug and I am working on building a collection of grippers. 

Welcome @glfp!

6 hours ago, Henry1986 said:

Hello everyone I just recently started back on my grip training. My main focus is with grippers right now, but will be adding different grip tools to my workout in the future. My current strength is being able to close the coc 2 with both hands. I almost closed the coc 2.5 my last workout. 

Welcome @Henry1986!

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone, my name is Nick. Started grip about 4 months ago, mainly focusing on grippers along with pinch and hex blocks. I think its awesome how the grip community is so involved and im excited to be apart of what you guys built up here. Looking forward to seeing , learning and sharing about future goals and achievments!

• Like 1