Jump to content
Sybersnott

NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Recommended Posts

PaulFord

I’m Paul, I had a lot of time to play with grippers about 15 years ago. Getting back into the grip since the kids don’t leave me with a lot of time to get to the gym, and the grip stuff has a small foot print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
5 minutes ago, PaulFord said:

I’m Paul, I had a lot of time to play with grippers about 15 years ago. Getting back into the grip since the kids don’t leave me with a lot of time to get to the gym, and the grip stuff has a small foot print.

Welcome! @PaulFord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdm132005

Hi, my name is Josh.  35 years old.  I bought my first CoC in 2002.  I have just recently begun to take arm sport training seriously.  My long term goals are the close CoC #3, lift the inch, and bend the red nail - feats I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 40.  

 

Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Balal
On 11/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, jdm132005 said:

Hi, my name is Josh.  35 years old.  I bought my first CoC in 2002.  I have just recently begun to take arm sport training seriously.  My long term goals are the close CoC #3, lift the inch, and bend the red nail - feats I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 40.  

 

Cheers

Welcome, Josh! Best of luck with your goals.👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarkusA93

Hey, my name is Markus. I've been training my grip for about a year now, focusing on my crushing grip (coc) at first and training my forearm extensors from time to time. When I realised that thumb strength was important for MY ability to close Grippers I incorporated pinching in my training regime. I believe that wrist strength plays a significant part in grip strength too. I therefore train with a sledgehammer to achieve greater wrist strength. As of now I can close the coc #2.5 12 times with my right hand (I don't know of I could close the #3 since I haven't bought one yet) Unfortunately I can close it with my left hand only one time. The reason why I'm so "weak" on my left hand is an injury which disabled me from training crushing grip on that hand for 4-5 months. Prior to injury my hands were pretty much the same in strength. But I'm glad to say that my left hand healed up nicely. 

Edited by MarkusA93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
On 11/5/2018 at 11:33 AM, jdm132005 said:

Hi, my name is Josh.  35 years old.  I bought my first CoC in 2002.  I have just recently begun to take arm sport training seriously.  My long term goals are the close CoC #3, lift the inch, and bend the red nail - feats I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 40.  

 

Cheers

 

3 hours ago, MarkusA93 said:

Hey, my name is Markus. I've been training my grip for about a year now, focusing on my crushing grip (coc) at first and training my forearm extensors from time to time. When I realised that thumb strength was important for MY ability to close Grippers I incorporated pinching in my training regime. I believe that wrist strength plays a significant part in grip strength too. I therefore train with a sledgehammer to achieve greater wrist strength. As of now I can close the coc #2.5 12 times with my right hand (I don't know of I could close the #3 since I haven't bought one yet) Unfortunately I can close it with my left hand only one time. The reason why I'm so "weak" on my left hand is an injury which disabled me from training crushing grip on that hand for 4-5 months. Prior to injury my hands were pretty much the same in strength. But I'm glad to say that my left hand healed up nicely. 

Welcome! @jdm132005 and @MarkusA93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bencia

My name is Ben from Southern nh I weigh 250.  Been training since July on grippers I'm a 1/8 inch out on a coc #3. Been training the hub for 2 months my pr is 81 lbs.   I've been training for the inch for 3 months my PR on a 2.45 inch handle is 169 lbs.  As soon as I can find one I'll try lifting it. My pr on a blob is 56 lbs.. 182 lbs on the Rolling Thunder.  I can pinch two 45s about 3 inches of the ground. I never heard of grip before watching jujimufu in July now I'm all in.. And I'm going to try arm wrestling next weekend at mohegan sun for the first time. All feats are posted on Instagram  username Bac12476 

Edited by Bencia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John McCarter
5 hours ago, Bencia said:

My name is Ben from Southern nh I weigh 250.  Been training since July on grippers I'm a 1/8 inch out on a coc #3. Been training the hub for 2 months my pr is 81 lbs.   I've been training for the inch for 3 months my PR on a 2.45 inch handle is 169 lbs.  As soon as I can find one I'll try lifting it. My pr on a blob is 56 lbs.. 182 lbs on the Rolling Thunder.  I can pinch two 45s about 3 inches of the ground. I never heard of grip before watching jujimufu in July now I'm all in.. And I'm going to try arm wrestling next weekend at mohegan sun for the first time. All feats are posted on Instagram  username Bac12476 

welcome to the board, killer stuff you've accomplished, keep doing your thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
8 hours ago, Bencia said:

My name is Ben from Southern nh I weigh 250.  Been training since July on grippers I'm a 1/8 inch out on a coc #3. Been training the hub for 2 months my pr is 81 lbs.   I've been training for the inch for 3 months my PR on a 2.45 inch handle is 169 lbs.  As soon as I can find one I'll try lifting it. My pr on a blob is 56 lbs.. 182 lbs on the Rolling Thunder.  I can pinch two 45s about 3 inches of the ground. I never heard of grip before watching jujimufu in July now I'm all in.. And I'm going to try arm wrestling next weekend at mohegan sun for the first time. All feats are posted on Instagram  username Bac12476 

Welcome @Bencia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JasonD

Hi, my name is Jason. I’m 45 and started training grip regularly about three months ago. I did my first contest a few weeks ago, where I also certified on the crushed to dust challenge. I’ve had knee, back, and shoulder injuries. It’s nice to find something like grip that I can still do. I live in eastern Ohio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
1 hour ago, JasonD said:

Hi, my name is Jason. I’m 45 and started training grip regularly about three months ago. I did my first contest a few weeks ago, where I also certified on the crushed to dust challenge. I’ve had knee, back, and shoulder injuries. It’s nice to find something like grip that I can still do. I live in eastern Ohio.

Welcome! @JasonD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryroza

Hey , my name is Ryroza. I am 33 and live in Ontario Canada.

I've done Strength training for 15 years and
became hooked on grippers and grip training in
the summer of 2017. After hurting my rotator cuffs and sternum doing bench and dips in 2017 I wanted to find something new and challenging and by luck I stumbled upon Grip sport.
I had as a kid always loved those plastic grippers (blue and red) lying around and never 
knew there were the real deal versions out there. It was a passion that
I had forgotten about. 

My short term goal is to CCS a #3 within the next yr.
My very long-term goal is to  MM set a #4 coc.
My current best in grippers is MM 152 coc.
Fat Gripz extreme, I hope to lift equivalent to inch dumbell level. 
Injured my left hand by it twisting too far so its now lagging behind.
I post my vids on You-tube under the same name.

I hope to open my own grip gym since I have always liked ninja ish stuff.

I noticed how supportive and encouraging the grip community is for all 
levels of accomplishment, and am happy to have the chance to be motivated by the daily logs of others
and hope to do the same. All the best 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buccos1
On 11/25/2018 at 8:29 PM, Bencia said:

My name is Ben from Southern nh I weigh 250.  Been training since July on grippers I'm a 1/8 inch out on a coc #3. Been training the hub for 2 months my pr is 81 lbs.   I've been training for the inch for 3 months my PR on a 2.45 inch handle is 169 lbs.  As soon as I can find one I'll try lifting it. My pr on a blob is 56 lbs.. 182 lbs on the Rolling Thunder.  I can pinch two 45s about 3 inches of the ground. I never heard of grip before watching jujimufu in July now I'm all in.. And I'm going to try arm wrestling next weekend at mohegan sun for the first time. All feats are posted on Instagram  username Bac12476 

 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, JasonD said:

Hi, my name is Jason. I’m 45 and started training grip regularly about three months ago. I did my first contest a few weeks ago, where I also certified on the crushed to dust challenge. I’ve had knee, back, and shoulder injuries. It’s nice to find something like grip that I can still do. I live in eastern Ohio.

 

17 hours ago, Ryroza said:

Hey , my name is Ryroza. I am 33 and live in Ontario Canada.

I've done Strength training for 15 years and
became hooked on grippers and grip training in
the summer of 2017. After hurting my rotator cuffs and sternum doing bench and dips in 2017 I wanted to find something new and challenging and by luck I stumbled upon Grip sport.
I had as a kid always loved those plastic grippers (blue and red) lying around and never 
knew there were the real deal versions out there. It was a passion that
I had forgotten about. 

My short term goal is to CCS a #3 within the next yr.
My very long-term goal is to  MM set a #4 coc.
My current best in grippers is MM 152 coc.
Fat Gripz extreme, I hope to lift equivalent to inch dumbell level. 
Injured my left hand by it twisting too far so its now lagging behind.
I post my vids on You-tube under the same name.

I hope to open my own grip gym since I have always liked ninja ish stuff.

I noticed how supportive and encouraging the grip community is for all 
levels of accomplishment, and am happy to have the chance to be motivated by the daily logs of others
and hope to do the same. All the best 
 

Welcome to the Gripboard!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
23 hours ago, Ryroza said:

Hey , my name is Ryroza. I am 33 and live in Ontario Canada.

I've done Strength training for 15 years and
became hooked on grippers and grip training in
the summer of 2017. After hurting my rotator cuffs and sternum doing bench and dips in 2017 I wanted to find something new and challenging and by luck I stumbled upon Grip sport.
I had as a kid always loved those plastic grippers (blue and red) lying around and never 
knew there were the real deal versions out there. It was a passion that
I had forgotten about. 

My short term goal is to CCS a #3 within the next yr.
My very long-term goal is to  MM set a #4 coc.
My current best in grippers is MM 152 coc.
Fat Gripz extreme, I hope to lift equivalent to inch dumbell level. 
Injured my left hand by it twisting too far so its now lagging behind.
I post my vids on You-tube under the same name.

I hope to open my own grip gym since I have always liked ninja ish stuff.

I noticed how supportive and encouraging the grip community is for all 
levels of accomplishment, and am happy to have the chance to be motivated by the daily logs of others
and hope to do the same. All the best 
 

Welcome! @Ryroza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spaceparakeet

Hi, I'm Leah from Tucson AZ.  At the suggestion of one of my kettlebell coaches, I attended the AZ Cactus Grip comp on a lark this year.  While I'm nowhere near as strong as the guys, I won the women's division by virtue of being the only woman in attendance.  😉  I had so much fun that I overdid it for a couple months and strained my tendons, but I'm all healed up and trying to train sanely now.

I spend the most effort on fat bar DL, rotating handle, and anvil just because I like them the best.  I hate the hub because I can't hold onto it without everything bending the wrong way (very double-jointed).  

Without a lot of in-person competition, I'm measuring my progress against the women's top 100 lists on gripsport.org.   

Edited by spaceparakeet
typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
41 minutes ago, spaceparakeet said:

I can't hold onto it without everything bending the wrong way (very double-jointed).  

Welcome! I’m the same way. Very hypermoblibe. My first digit bends back to a full 90 degrees 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
7 hours ago, spaceparakeet said:

Hi, I'm Leah from Tucson AZ.  At the suggestion of one of my kettlebell coaches, I attended the AZ Cactus Grip comp on a lark this year.  While I'm nowhere near as strong as the guys, I won the women's division by virtue of being the only woman in attendance.  😉  I had so much fun that I overdid it for a couple months and strained my tendons, but I'm all healed up and trying to train sanely now.

I spend the most effort on fat bar DL, rotating handle, and anvil just because I like them the best.  I hate the hub because I can't hold onto it without everything bending the wrong way (very double-jointed).  

Without a lot of in-person competition, I'm measuring my progress against the women's top 100 lists on gripsport.org.   

Welcome @spaceparakeet !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red

Hi, I'm Nicholas from Hurricane, West Virginia. I'm an 18-year-old ginger who has recently, as of this month, started grip training along with general fitness things. I originally tried powerlifting, but I have a bad SI joint due to throwing the shot put weird, so it ended up not working out.

My short term goals:

1.) Close the CoC #1

2.) IM Hub more than 25lbs

3.) IM Block more than 30lbs

4.) Rip a full deck of cards in half

Personally, I find pinch grip and bending the most fascinating, but I also fancy thick bar work despite having small hands (7"). This summer I'll be moving up to WVU for college, so I hope it'll be easy to lift and etc. Much love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spaceparakeet
On 12/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, Boulderbrew said:

Welcome! I’m the same way. Very hypermoblibe. My first digit bends back to a full 90 degrees 

Do you have any tips for a novice on how to deal with the hypermobility? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boulderbrew
3 hours ago, spaceparakeet said:

Do you have any tips for a novice on how to deal with the hypermobility? 

If it hurts, stop. There isn’t a way to minimize the flexibility. Work whatcha got.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
7 hours ago, Red said:

Hi, I'm Nicholas from Hurricane, West Virginia. I'm an 18-year-old ginger who has recently, as of this month, started grip training along with general fitness things. I originally tried powerlifting, but I have a bad SI joint due to throwing the shot put weird, so it ended up not working out.

My short term goals:

1.) Close the CoC #1

2.) IM Hub more than 25lbs

3.) IM Block more than 30lbs

4.) Rip a full deck of cards in half

Personally, I find pinch grip and bending the most fascinating, but I also fancy thick bar work despite having small hands (7"). This summer I'll be moving up to WVU for college, so I hope it'll be easy to lift and etc. Much love.

Welcome @Red !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigRedDoc

Hi everybody,

My name is Bryan, I just turned 32 and have been lifting weights for about 2.5 years. I have been doing strongman training for about the past year and have done several amateur competitions. I started posting on the strongman subreddit and through that discovered the griptraining subreddit. It was there that I discovered I have very average sized hands at 7.5". I have been participating in the monthly challenges over there just for fun. Besides just doing the monthly challenges my grip training is basically 1.9" axle rows, deadlifts, pull ups, and I occasionally do the David Horne basic routine. I recently bought some grippers but haven't really trained them too much. This month's reddit challenge is block weight/blob/wide plate pinches and I have discovered that I really like them. I was able to lift an inverted 50lb hex DB and it has really sparked my desire to get good at grip. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully be able to share some info in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
20 minutes ago, BigRedDoc said:

Hi everybody,

My name is Bryan, I just turned 32 and have been lifting weights for about 2.5 years. I have been doing strongman training for about the past year and have done several amateur competitions. I started posting on the strongman subreddit and through that discovered the griptraining subreddit. It was there that I discovered I have very average sized hands at 7.5". I have been participating in the monthly challenges over there just for fun. Besides just doing the monthly challenges my grip training is basically 1.9" axle rows, deadlifts, pull ups, and I occasionally do the David Horne basic routine. I recently bought some grippers but haven't really trained them too much. This month's reddit challenge is block weight/blob/wide plate pinches and I have discovered that I really like them. I was able to lift an inverted 50lb hex DB and it has really sparked my desire to get good at grip. I hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully be able to share some info in the future.

Welcome @BigRedDoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Walkingoblivious

Hi, 

My name is Amanda... I am 31 and new to grip training but I have been lifting weights for the last 12 years. My goal is to just become strong in my grip and work up to being competitive. Thank you and if anyone has advice for me... I am very willing to listen. Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
20 minutes ago, Walkingoblivious said:

Hi, 

My name is Amanda... I am 31 and new to grip training but I have been lifting weights for the last 12 years. My goal is to just become strong in my grip and work up to being competitive. Thank you and if anyone has advice for me... I am very willing to listen. Thank you 

Hi Amanda, Welcome to the board!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.