NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello, my name is Derek P. Lewis, I live in Canada, and I’m just getting started in grip. I started in earnest about 3 months ago for fun and now plan on trying to see how far I can go.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, DerekLewis said:

Hello, my name is Derek P. Lewis, I live in Canada, and I’m just getting started in grip. I started in earnest about 3 months ago for fun and now plan on trying to see how far I can go.

Thanks!

Welcome. We have a great group of Canadians on the board who hold competitions there and come to the US for comps. Where in Canada?

20 minutes ago, DerekLewis said:

London, Ontario

@Rob McMurren @Andrew Dube Isn’t that right by you guys

@Eric Roussin throws comps in Ottawa. And guys from Montreal come to his comps as well.

2 hours ago, DerekLewis said:

Thanks!

Welcome!

52 minutes ago, Rob McMurren said:

Derek came to our comp on Friday as a spectator, he's injured right now.

Cool. Didn’t know he knew you guys already. 

@DerekLewis - your lucky to be so close to these guys. 

Hello !!
My name is Bartosz Robert Wojciechowski.
I'm 24 years old, 175 cm tall [5'9"] I weight about 75 kg, sometimes more sometimes less.
I like Armlifting and Armwrestling.  
I like Robert Baraban grippers, Silarukov, Ghp, IronMind and others.
I already closed the COC #2,5 and going to certificate a #3.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bartosz Robert said:

Hello !!
My name is Bartosz Robert Wojciechowski.
I'm 24 years old, 175 cm tall [5'9"] I weight about 75 kg, sometimes more sometimes less.
I like Armlifting and Armwrestling.  
I like Robert Baraban grippers, Silarukov, Ghp, IronMind and others.
I already closed the COC #2,5 and going to certificate a #3.

Welcome! @Bartosz Robert

Hi Everyone,

I train strongman and got bitten by the grip bug, my grip training currently consists of:

·         Crush strength training with COC and GHP grippers (Current Gripper: COC#2*2 reps).

·         Rock climbing / hang boarding once to twice a week.

·         Farmers Walk.

My training isn’t very structured but I’m looking into starting the RRBT program and getting a rolling deadlift handle for open hand crushing strength, my short-term goal is to close the COC#2.5 for eight reps and my lifetime goal is to close a COC#4.

13 hours ago, Mr_Crusher said:

Hi Everyone,

I train strongman and got bitten by the grip bug, my grip training currently consists of:

·         Crush strength training with COC and GHP grippers (Current Gripper: COC#2*2 reps).

·         Rock climbing / hang boarding once to twice a week.

·         Farmers Walk.

My training isn’t very structured but I’m looking into starting the RRBT program and getting a rolling deadlift handle for open hand crushing strength, my short-term goal is to close the COC#2.5 for eight reps and my lifetime goal is to close a COC#4.

Welcome! @Mr_Crusher

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 11:31 AM, DerekLewis said:

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gripboard!

Hey! My name is Connor. I live in Georgia, USA. 

I'm 22, 5' 11" and 185lb. Hands are pretty average.

I've been interested in grip since I was in middle school, and have worked with a pair of 150 and 200 BoneCrushers on and off since then. I also worked at a greenhouse for a year and my pinch grip was constantly worked until failure.

I broke my right(D) hand a year ago, and am working on seriously rehabilitating it starting about 3 weeks ago. I finally got back to closing the 200 a few days ago, and can do it fairly easily now. 

I'll be getting a few Arm Assassin pieces ordered soon, and have an axle bar in route.

Hopefully I can close the 2.5 soon. :)

Edited by connorkautz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, connorkautz said:

Hey! My name is Connor. I live in Georgia, USA. 

I'm 22, 5' 11" and 185lb. Hands are pretty average.

I've been interested in grip since I was in middle school, and have worked with a pair of 150 and 200 BoneCrushers on and off since then. I also worked at a greenhouse for a year and my pinch grip was constantly worked until failure.

I broke my right(D) hand a year ago, and am working on seriously rehabilitating it starting about 3 weeks ago. I finally got back to closing the 200 a few days ago, and can do it fairly easily now. 

I'll be getting a few Arm Assassin pieces ordered soon, and have an axle bar in route.

Hopefully I can close the 2.5 soon. :)

Welcome! @connorkautz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm Sean

I'm 30 and 6' 200lb I've been lurking this site for along time and just got around to signing up. 

I've been lifting for a few years, mostly modern strongman and oldtime, also I'm working towards highland games events.

My grip adventure started by accident 2 yrs ago and found I had a talent for it and love it.

Now I just started bending and did my first horseshoes a few weeks ago. Next I'm going to try some long bar bending. 

Also I had a hand sprain question and wasn't sure we're to post it?

9 hours ago, Perryfamily208 said:

Hey I'm Sean

I'm 30 and 6' 200lb I've been lurking this site for along time and just got around to signing up. 

I've been lifting for a few years, mostly modern strongman and oldtime, also I'm working towards highland games events.

My grip adventure started by accident 2 yrs ago and found I had a talent for it and love it.

Now I just started bending and did my first horseshoes a few weeks ago. Next I'm going to try some long bar bending. 

Also I had a hand sprain question and wasn't sure we're to post it?

Welcome! @Perryfamily208

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Devin and I've been rock climbing for about 4 years now—mostly bouldering—and got up to to V9 before I moved more towards powerlifting (finally got my total to 1000 lbs). Over the past year I've moved more into strongman and grip work. Right now I train my grip 4x a week; Rolling Thunder Monday, 90 mm wood pinch block Wednesday (after deadlifting 🤙🏻), Dinnie Stones Friday, and Farmer's Walks Saturday. Someday hoping to compete in Strongman and maybe a grip competition. Totally inspired by hanging out with Clay Edgin over the summer, and now I want to lift the Blob and the Thomas Inch. Long term goals are to plate pinch two 45's and to lift the *real* Dinnie Stones.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Hello! My name is Devin and I've been rock climbing for about 4 years now—mostly bouldering—and got up to to V9 before I moved more towards powerlifting (finally got my total to 1000 lbs). Over the past year I've moved more into strongman and grip work. Right now I train my grip 4x a week; Rolling Thunder Monday, 90 mm wood pinch block Wednesday (after deadlifting 🤙🏻), Dinnie Stones Friday, and Farmer's Walks Saturday. Someday hoping to compete in Strongman and maybe a grip competition. Totally inspired by hanging out with Clay Edgin over the summer, and now I want to lift the Blob and the Thomas Inch. Long term goals are to plate pinch two 45's and to lift the *real* Dinnie Stones.

Welcome! @devinhoo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name is Richard, and I'm a novice grip lifter from Kentucky.  I've been specifically training grip for around a year.  I will be competing at King Kong in Nashville this weekend, so I'm excited to do my first competition ever and to meet the other competitors!  I have never used any of the specific implements for the competition so I have no idea how I will do, which is kind of fun.  I was unaware that grip sport was even a thing until a few months ago, aside from the Iron Mind certifications.  

I post training videos regularly on Instagram under this same username (2sweetdadstrength) and probably already follow a lot of the people here.  Current best lifts are one-handed Blockbuster ~56 lbs, Rolling Thunder ~135 (just got it a few weeks ago), and almost closing a CoC #2.  Nothing too crazy, but I'm making steady progress.  I just keep grinding and trying to get better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

Hi all,

My name is Richard, and I'm a novice grip lifter from Kentucky.  I've been specifically training grip for around a year.  I will be competing at King Kong in Nashville this weekend, so I'm excited to do my first competition ever and to meet the other competitors!  I have never used any of the specific implements for the competition so I have no idea how I will do, which is kind of fun.  I was unaware that grip sport was even a thing until a few months ago, aside from the Iron Mind certifications.  

I post training videos regularly on Instagram under this same username (2sweetdadstrength) and probably already follow a lot of the people here.  Current best lifts are one-handed Blockbuster ~56 lbs, Rolling Thunder ~135 (just got it a few weeks ago), and almost closing a CoC #2.  Nothing too crazy, but I'm making steady progress.  I just keep grinding and trying to get better!

Hey brother... welcome! It’s bornagaingripper!!! 

12 hours ago, 2sweetdadstrength said:

Hi all,

Welcome! @2sweetdadstrength

• Like 1

I’m Paul, I had a lot of time to play with grippers about 15 years ago. Getting back into the grip since the kids don’t leave me with a lot of time to get to the gym, and the grip stuff has a small foot print.

5 minutes ago, PaulFord said:

I’m Paul, I had a lot of time to play with grippers about 15 years ago. Getting back into the grip since the kids don’t leave me with a lot of time to get to the gym, and the grip stuff has a small foot print.

Welcome! @PaulFord

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Josh.  35 years old.  I bought my first CoC in 2002.  I have just recently begun to take arm sport training seriously.  My long term goals are the close CoC #3, lift the inch, and bend the red nail - feats I hope to accomplish by the time I'm 40.  

Cheers