NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

What's up guys?

I have been lurking for quite a while but wanted to make my mark here before posting elsewhere, lest I arouse the ire of the grip gods :D

My name is Frank. My goals are to close the #3, lift the inch (or equivalent), and lift the blob (or equivalent). In addition to improving on total body strenght and pretty much everything else in general.

As of now I can crush the hell outta the Trainer, both left and right, and I have a #1 and #2 that should arrive in a few days. I am confident that I can crush the #1 as well, but I don't know about the #2. I will probably get a log fired up here sometime in the future.

In short- Greets.

devilmanVISA

hello everyone my name is Helen from Warren MI I was drawn to this board by a friend who is intrested in strongman training and working out, but little to say i'm kinda intrested in the subject now that I'm into it. I just wanted to say Hello and looking forward to reading great post and getting to know everyone.

:D

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I have lurked for quite a while reading and watching. I started training grip about a year ago to help with powerlifting. It has kind of grown on me and recently I decided to take it up a notch. I got the KTA program last weekend and have been reading it. So far my approach has been sporatic and unorganized, but I have made some good gains. When I first started I could not close a IM#1 with either hand. Now I can get a IM#2 with the right hand and am about 1/8" from closing it with the left. I have collected quite a few "toys" in the last year too. I have several sets of York block weights (heaviest is 40), a wrist roller for the power rack, IM type titan telegraph, a Rolling Thunder and other various tools. I am a maintenance supervisor and have access to just about every metal fabrication tool imaginable so most of my stuff is homemade, but very good quality. I look forward to starting the KTA and will most likely be picking some peoples brains around here so thanks in advance.

babyhuey AKA Chris Sumner

HI. i have been observing for a while, but decided its time to intro myself. Used to do a lot of p/l for sports, but a pec major tear (1 unsuccessful surgery) from benching, 2 shoulder surgeries, and disc problems (T12, all L and S vert.) limit some of my lifiting, but i still do some basic exercises. i have been interested in grip for a while but am now committed to improving it.

saw the GGC2004. very impressive peformances by all! it is amazing all the support and inspiration the members of the board provide each other.

my accomplishments are weak for this group of grip fanatics, but to give u a perspecitve of where i am. i can close my #2 for reps, my SOS262 easily, but am still a ways away on the #3. bent a bunch of IM whites and greens (both DU) a week or so ago, but that kills my shoulders so am not going to do anymore nail bending (too addictive and sore the next day and the yellow is much too hard) until i reach some crushing and pinching goals. i can tear a deck of cards, and like pinching and curling plates and using thick dumbbells.

just started KTA - really like it. think it is helping tremendously. i hurt all the way to my elbows, but i think it help generate huge gains. THANKS.

i train out of a 4'x7' area of my apartment in NYC. any other grip fanatics in NYC area? am 5'10" 230. have lots of goals (in general, being better than i was yesterday), but the only 1 i'll put here is to be certified on the #3 in 2005.

Hi All:

Grip strength has always fascinated me....more consciously over the last year than ever before. Started with the CoC#1 in Sep. 03 but moved to #2 in less than a month and in Mar. 04 I closed the CoC#2 on the right and then in Nov. 04 on the left too. I use Kettlebells, freeweights and Power Rings for my workouts and work on my grip using the GTG method. Shortly I will be incorporating Clubbell work as well. I have the CoC #3 but am far from closing it..yet. I have recently started to fool around with a 8-lb sledgehammer and some leverage lifts.

My hope is to draw from the experiences from the forum to work my way to higher levels of grip, arm and overall strength. Thanks for reading,

Rajiv

Welcome to the premier site for gripsters!

my name is mike buck, i am from central indiana. i have been lurking about for a while now. i am new to discussion forums, i wish i had discovered this a long time ago.

i am interested in trainning all aspects of grip, but am currently concentrating on grippers and bending.

Mike,

Tell us more about yourself - what equipment do you have and how long have you been training? Welcome to the #1 place for grip strength - the GripBoard! :)

Hey people I'm new to this forum and I'm new to griptraining. After recovering from a severe car accident I've been doing strengthtraining, and recently since I read about it the idea of having a killer grip just sounds awesome to me but I dont know anything when it comes to developing a good program, so I signed up to read some articles or maybe get some pointers to good resources.

Hope this forum'll help me on my way to creating a good griptraining routine and develop an amazing grip.

- Triad :rock

Welcome,

Once a member of the gripboard, always a member of

the gripboard....... This is an addiction.

The good news is with all the excellent ideas, information

and inspiration shared here you are in good hands.

Participating in the gripboard is like acquiring a PhD

in gripology.

Again welcome and the best of luck in all of your

grip endeavors. :cool

my name is mike buck, i am from central indiana. i have been lurking about for a while now. i am new to discussion forums, i wish i had discovered this a long time ago.

i am interested in trainning all aspects of grip, but am currently concentrating on  grippers and bending.

I train in my garage with a few other guys including my brother. I concentrate mostly on powerlifting and have been trainning and competing consistently for the past five years. I made the powerlifting usa top 100 list for the 148 weight class, the list is in this months issue (#50 on total)

I have all of the im grippers except the 4 and I can get a few reps with my 1 with a 1" set. I have a rolling thunder, a few york block weights, a knock off of a ttk that i made( not exactly the same as the original but it works). Also a g-rex from sorinex that I modified to make it close up all the way. I have a large variety of rocks and some kegs and barrels as well as a steel log. Plus I have all of the typical stuff, power rack, bench, dumbbells etc.

Currently weak grip, but I am here to change that.

My name is Jim and I live in SC. I workout with kettlebells and practice kung fu. I'm working on improving my grip for both the kb's and martial arts. I'm trying to further develop my crush and pinch grip.

Greetings All,

My name's Mike and I am a firefigher/paramedic. I'm 5'7" 150 and 31 years old. I'm very new to grip training and am already having some great success. I'm nowhere near being a bender or a CoC, but my functional strength has increased significantly. I've been using a 16Kg kettlebell for about six months now. I just recently snatched a 28Kg KB and military pressed 24Kg with each arm. By browsing the dragondoor forums and doing internet searches, I've found ironmind and various other sites. I'm pretty mechanical and with my tools and welder have managed to manufacture several simple grip training tools and am enjoying myself. I would someday like to bend something, but in the short term, simple gains in pullups, one arm push ups, pistols, and KB increases are my goals along with a corresponding increase in grip strength for functional use.

Hello everyone!

I've been reading here sporadically and thought it was time for me to introduce myself.

I am 17 years old, started grip training last summer with my first gripper! I weight about 90 kg+, 188-190cm tall (6 ft 2"?).

When I got my first gripper, a CoC 1 I closed it after a few tries, immediately i ordered CoC 2 and also closed that one when I got it, now to the real challenge! I got my CoC 3 a few weeks later and worked on it for over 4 months and finally closed it, now I can almost close it at any time and have done 5 reps for PR. Yesterday I got my CoC 4 and that's my current main goal! It doesn't feel impossible at least :blush

I've also trained som pinching and wrist strength and can pinch 35kgs/hand (20kg+15kg plates). My weak spot is probably wrist strength, and i can only plate curl a large 10kg plate...

Another priority of mine is supporting grip, at the moment I can hold about 220kg with an overhand grip.

My bending have unfortunately been quite sporadical, but at least I got a good base, have bent 8mm HRS 18,5cm (7,3"?).

But I also do some serious strength training, but I got a lot of injuries for now so I am on "rehab". When I'm injury free I will devote my strength training to Powerlifting!

Current PRs:

Deadlift 210kg

Benchpress 105kg *3

Squat N/A - knee injury (I've squated 135kgs for 5 reps about 5 months ago)

What I think is so great with grip training is the pure strength and the enormous potential it has. This is something you can do for all your life and still get better!

I'm happy to answer any questions!

Hi everybody,

I just started training with grippers about 2 months ago. I ordered the Trainer from Ironmind and used it until I could rep it very easily. Then about a month ago I ordered the #1. When I received it I could close it with a bit of effort. Yesterday I was able to click off 8 reps.

I am not a big man (5' 11", 175 lbs) and when I started I didn't think I would ever be able to close the #2. But now I have my sights set on it. I ordered the PDA choke collar and will order the #2 here soon. I really love training with grippers and have been pleased with the progress I have made so far.

I have been reading the board for a few days now but this is my first post. I can tell there is a wealth of knowledge to be found here and I look forward to learning from the masters!

- Jack

Hello Guys, my name is Brandon, I've been lifting for about a year and a half now and just got bitten by the grip and strongman bug. I'm 5'9 194. I just got my CoC Trainer and #1, i can close the #1 about 10 times rh, but only 3 times lh. Now i gotta order the #2 and 3! I'm on vacation from my welding school, but when i get back i'm going to make at least three different grip training machines, i cant wait. Hopefully I'll merge right in with you guys and get up to snuff with my grip strength. Looks like a great board, Great to be here!

Edited by bkiel

Welcome you have come to the right place.

What's up everybody. I've always been fascinated with grip strength and have been lurking on here for quite a while. My cousin has been a member here for quite sometime and has turned me on to my new addiction.

After getting ahold of CoC #1, I'm now on my way to closing #3 (about 1/4" away). I'm 32 years old, 6'2" 270, did almost 9 years in the military, and train alot.

I do alot of pinches, static holds, and there is a 50lb blob at the gym that I have almost destroyed my feet with. I know, I know, safety first. ha.

When I close #3, I'll definitely post some photos.

Thanks for having me.

Cubanbee,

There is actually a blob at your gym. Wow.

I am amazed that there are gyms still in existance that have equipment that can inflict bodily harm. Lawsuits are a dime a dozen.

Glad to hear it. Tear it up. Good luck on the #3 close.

T

Hello,

I am young and about to order a CoC trainer as my first gripper, ever. I plan on working with them all the way for the next couple of years so I develop a good grip. I'm glad I'm starting out young.

Peace