NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

11 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Ne, aber im Moment ist keiner aktiv. Ich bin aus Bayern. 

achso ok..und wie sieht es bei dir aus mit dem coc 3? mir fehlen noch so circa 2cm bis close

Bestleistung bisher ist ein leichter 2,5. 

14 hours ago, Swein said:

Guten Morgen, komme aus NRW nähe Köln.  wir sind nicht die einzigen Deutschen hier oder?? :-)

Welcome! I'm also from NRW :) 

On 21.4.2016 at 9:59 AM, Jörg Keilbach said:

I'm training grip since 2003 - in the underground! Training every day as hard as possible is key, brooooo!!

On 21.4.2016 at 8:36 AM, Swein said:

Guten Morgen, komme aus NRW nähe Köln.  wir sind nicht die einzigen Deutschen hier oder?? :-)

Welcome!

On 27.4.2016 at 1:51 PM, deadlifterfromberlin said:

Welcome!

danke dir :-)

On 21.4.2016 at 10:56 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Welcome! I'm also from NRW :) 

ja cool :-) doch ein paar Leutchen hier

Hi all, Steve here. I've been doing strength training since age 15, currently am 33. I weight 200lbs and can max bench 355lb. I recently achieved a TNS with COC2.5. I am excited to be on the journey to close the #3 and eventually cert. thanks for all the great info from everyone I really enjoy the posts, especially those concerning Mr. Kinney, I think he is a great ambassador to the grip community, hence the avitar name "Stevekin" lol. Anyways I have homemade a SW and TTK and have already notice a considerable increase in strength just working grip 2X/wk... Anyways just wanted to put my name out there so I won't seem like a stranger when I cert on COC#3, take care all and happy gripping!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveKin said:

Hi all, Steve here. I've been doing strength training since age 15, currently am 33. I weight 200lbs and can max bench 355lb. I recently achieved a TNS with COC2.5. I am excited to be on the journey to close the #3 and eventually cert. thanks for all the great info from everyone I really enjoy the posts, especially those concerning Mr. Kinney, I think he is a great ambassador to the grip community, hence the avitar name "Stevekin" lol. Anyways I have homemade a SW and TTK and have already notice a considerable increase in strength just working grip 2X/wk... Anyways just wanted to put my name out there so I won't seem like a stranger when I cert on COC#3, take care all and happy gripping!!

Welcome Steve! @SteveKin

I'm 41yo, 6'1", 185lbs.  Have lifted my whole adult life but not competitively. Mostly for the pleasure of pushing myself and the joy of accomplishment. 
Not training for any particular sport. I also do a day a week (1.5 hr) of bodyweight workout mostly on core and handstands. 

I started to really get mad how my grip was my weakest part in DL so decided to only do double overhand for a while and focus on grip training. 

Began to do CoC, Dead Hangs, and several other grip focused training exercises. 
Then, in October I broke my right wrist in three places during a fall.  Shit hurt like crazy.

During my recovery I decided to double down on my grip training and have since surpassed where I had been.

I can CCS a CoC 1 and hope to be doing the same with my 1.5 soon. It's close, but not there. 

Grip training has been a great new turf for me as I've seen real translation of strength to every day life since starting to take it seriously. 

I was inspired to join this board after hearing about it from reddit.com/r/griptraining

I hope to learn for a while and perhaps one day contribute. 

On April 20, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Wannagrip said:

Welcome Tim! @temmmeeee

Welcome Tim...there are a few gripsters in NJ and Jedd/myself are in NEPA ifyou are ever interested in a contest. Best of luck in your training!!

Hi everyone. My name's Liam, I am 26 and have done some form of fitness my entire life. I am a small guy standing at 5'5" (165cm) and 132lbs (60kg) and have a casual background in climbing and bar work. I am not particularly strong but nor am super weak. I managed a 50% bodyweight pull up which isn't bad.

I have started training with a pinch block and some hangs on my pull up bar. I am going to make some rolling handles, get a sledgehammer and some grippers fairly shortly. At the moment I am just trying to build up a base of strength, particularly open hand and thumb strength as my thin bar support grip is quite good (probably from weighted pull up work). I have small hands and wrists (part of the package being a manlet) and my grip is pretty weak across the board so I have some work to do there.

In the longer term I think my goals will be a respectable plate pinch (2 35s maybe), hub lift and a #3 CoC gripper. These seem like achievable goals but am not sure yet how far away I am from them. I am willing to work hard for them.

Maybe I should add that I am from Devon in the UK but currently live in South Tyrol in Italy.

On 5/1/2016 at 7:45 AM, keitho said:

I'm 41yo, 6'1", 185lbs.  Have lifted my whole adult life but not competitively. Mostly for the pleasure of pushing myself and the joy of accomplishment. 
Not training for any particular sport. I also do a day a week (1.5 hr) of bodyweight workout mostly on core and handstands. 

I started to really get mad how my grip was my weakest part in DL so decided to only do double overhand for a while and focus on grip training. 

Began to do CoC, Dead Hangs, and several other grip focused training exercises. 
Then, in October I broke my right wrist in three places during a fall.  Shit hurt like crazy.

During my recovery I decided to double down on my grip training and have since surpassed where I had been.

I can CCS a CoC 1 and hope to be doing the same with my 1.5 soon. It's close, but not there. 

Grip training has been a great new turf for me as I've seen real translation of strength to every day life since starting to take it seriously. 

I was inspired to join this board after hearing about it from reddit.com/r/griptraining

I hope to learn for a while and perhaps one day contribute. 

1 hour ago, Liam Trott said:

Hi everyone. My name's Liam, I am 26 and have done some form of fitness my entire life. I am a small guy standing at 5'5" (165cm) and 132lbs (60kg) and have a casual background in climbing and bar work. I am not particularly strong but nor am super weak. I managed a 50% bodyweight pull up which isn't bad.

I have started training with a pinch block and some hangs on my pull up bar. I am going to make some rolling handles, get a sledgehammer and some grippers fairly shortly. At the moment I am just trying to build up a base of strength, particularly open hand and thumb strength as my thin bar support grip is quite good (probably from weighted pull up work). I have small hands and wrists (part of the package being a manlet) and my grip is pretty weak across the board so I have some work to do there.

In the longer term I think my goals will be a respectable plate pinch (2 35s maybe), hub lift and a #3 CoC gripper. These seem like achievable goals but am not sure yet how far away I am from them. I am willing to work hard for them.

Welcome @Liam Trott and @keitho!

Hello Grip Board:)

My name is Goran Innergard, I am 48 years old living on the west coast of Sweden in a town called Gothenburg.

I became interested in training my hands and forearms already when I was 13-14 years old, not being able to hold on to the same fishing gear as my father, who was a professional fisher man with very large hands, but i did not know how do it right and the strenght never improved and I gave up.

3-4 years ago i bought a few grippers that was harder then I ever tried before and I could only imagine the strenght you needed to have to be able to close them. I did a few attempt now and then and improved my crush strenght until I could Close a gipper in the 100 lb range. After a while there was Little or no progresss and i lost interest in training my hand strenght again, and I did not experience any difference in real life usage either.

One year ago I decided to give it a go again, even tough I have small hands and thiny wrists I really would like to have a grip that never give up. I started to read Everything i found on the net about grip training and started to logg every repetition I performed in a diary. I incorporated wrist and tumbh traning together with some general strength training for the rest of my body and took small steps in the right direction.

Last week I mms closed CoC3 for the first time, and my hands feel like steel in real life usage:)

Best Regards/Göran
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hockey Stick said:

Hello Grip Board:)

My name is Goran Innergard, I am 48 years old living on the west coast of Sweden in a town called Gothenburg.

I became interested in training my hands and forearms already when I was 13-14 years old, not being able to hold on to the same fishing gear as my father, who was a professional fisher man with very large hands, but i did not know how do it right and the strenght never improved and I gave up.

3-4 years ago i bought a few grippers that was harder then I ever tried before and I could only imagine the strenght you needed to have to be able to close them. I did a few attempt now and then and improved my crush strenght until I could Close a gipper in the 100 lb range. After a while there was Little or no progresss and i lost interest in training my hand strenght again, and I did not experience any difference in real life usage either.

One year ago I decided to give it a go again, even tough I have small hands and thiny wrists I really would like to have a grip that never give up. I started to read Everything i found on the net about grip training and started to logg every repetition I performed in a diary. I incorporated wrist and tumbh traning together with some general strength training for the rest of my body and took small steps in the right direction.

Last week I mms closed CoC3 for the first time, and my hands feel like steel in real life usage:)

Best Regards/Göran

Welcome Goran! @Hockey Stick

1 hour ago, Hockey Stick said:

Best Regards/Göran

That's a huge milestone man.  Congrats!  ...and welcome!

• Like 1

Hey all, my name is Julian. I'm 19, around 185#, and little over 6'4". And I'm from Oklahoma, shoutout to any fellow Okies. I used to play sports and was thinking about walking on for shot put in college (just finished my first year), but I herniated my L4-L5 disc at the beginning of the school year, so I haven't really done anything physical for the last 8 months, other than grip training. I've browsed around on the GB forums for some time but just never really got around to signing up until now.

I started looking into grip training because one day back my freshman year of high school, a wrestling coach couldn't break my grip when I had him in a "cradle" lock (for anyone who's wrestled, that'll make more sense). But anyways, he inspired me and so I got the CoC 1 and 2 when I turned 17. I closed the 1 then closed the 2 two months later. I immediately bought the rest of the CoC collection and closed the 2.5 three months later (all of these closes were just MMS). Did a round of the KTA program and MMS closed the 3 a day before my 18th birthday. That was pretty much where I got stuck and started slacking off with grippers. I got into armwrestling competed in OKC, started training pinch grip, and started training the Rolling Thunder and Hub. The gym I'm at doesn't really welcome chalk, so I ended up not training those for too long. I think I worked up to around 140 and 60 on those. Messed around with sledgehammers a little bit. 

Since my back injury has kept me from doing much else, I figured I'd give nail bending a go. It's always appealed to me, the idea of bending something not meant to move. So I started with grade 2 quarter-inch bolts and suede wraps almost four months ago in mid-January. Moved onto grade 5s, 60Ds, grade 8s, and finally some 6.5"x5/16" drill rod. I tried my grippers again and I was able to get the 3 MMS still. Then I tried to pinch a 40 hex db i have at home and worked up to lifting with with thumb and two fingers. This all has given me some encouragement to not let an injury get me down and everything, but I'm actually having to take another break. Two weeks ago, I wobbled a 5/16"x7"  grade 5 bolt and hurt something in my left hand. Down at the base where the palm meets the carpal bones, around where the end of the nail goes, it's been pretty painful to do anything - pinch, crush, even just opening bottles. Not sure if is a nerve, or muscular, or just stressed the joint the wrong way. That's actually why I'm finally joining GB. I've been looking for advice for hand pain on here and figured it was about time for me to join anyway. Also, if I can get my hand healed up quickly, I'm going to attempt a Red Nail cert this summer, so I'll probably be on here a lot more looking for advice and everything. 

My goals right now are to cert the Red Nail (and bend that grade 5 that jacked my hand!), CCS close the 3 and cert on it, MMS the 3.5, and lift the Blob. 

I'm excited to be a part of the GripBoard community and hope to keep learning until I can contribute to help others! Happy gripping y'all!

• Like 1

Hello to everyone!!

My name is Dan, I'm 25 years old, 6' 3", 180lbs and have recently become addicted to Grip Sport!
Ive been armwrestling for ~3 years, but havent been able to attend that many practices for the last year, year and a half due to work.   Then I found rock climbing midway through 2015, which gave me a good foundation for grip training.  Last but not least, I found Grip Sport.  

I began grip training in the beginning of December 2015 with some plate pinching (2x25 plates which I later bought a pipe to put through and was able to add weight)  About a week in I started using a few of the hand grippers I had bought a couple of years back, but never trained with.  I received a CoC #3 Dec 21st and it became an obsession to close after seeing so many others do it!    My grippers are a no name company and go from 200, 250, 300.  When I began training I had trouble closing my 250 (feels like a CoC #2.5) so I would rep my 200 a lot . Once I learned to set properly from practicing a lot, the 250 became a lot easier.  

On april 28th, 2016 I closed my CoC #3 with a parallel set, and have closed it each training session since, as well as my 300.   Im lucky enough to have Canadas go-to grip guy Eric Roussin just a couple of hours away, so I was able to attend the Canadian National Grip Sport Championships in Feb 2016, and ended up taking 2nd in the -93kg class behind Eric (there was no -83kg class).  After experiencing my first grip competition and realizing that my training had been really paying off, I became even more addicted!

My main motivation right now is the King Kong Grip Challenge thats coming in October of this year.   With the way my training is going now, I think I can scratch off some huge goals this year like certifying on the #3, 1 hand pinching over 110 (Ive done 103.8lb  so far) and hopefully in October when Im back at Eric's house I can pick up his Inch Dumbell!

Im looking forward to busting out huge numbers alongside everyone else here!!
Its awesome to finally be a part of the gripboard! 

Edited by Daniel Fleming

12 minutes ago, Julian Smith said:

Hey all, my name is Julian. I'm 19, around 185#, and little over 6'4". And I'm from Oklahoma, shoutout to any fellow Okies. I used to play sports and was thinking about walking on for shot put in college (just finished my first year), but I herniated my L4-L5 disc at the beginning of the school year, so I haven't really done anything physical for the last 8 months, other than grip training. I've browsed around on the GB forums for some time but just never really got around to signing up until now.

I started looking into grip training because one day back my freshman year of high school, a wrestling coach couldn't break my grip when I had him in a "cradle" lock (for anyone who's wrestled, that'll make more sense). But anyways, he inspired me and so I got the CoC 1 and 2 when I turned 17. I closed the 1 then closed the 2 two months later. I immediately bought the rest of the CoC collection and closed the 2.5 three months later (all of these closes were just MMS). Did a round of the KTA program and MMS closed the 3 a day before my 18th birthday. That was pretty much where I got stuck and started slacking off with grippers. I got into armwrestling competed in OKC, started training pinch grip, and started training the Rolling Thunder and Hub. The gym I'm at doesn't really welcome chalk, so I ended up not training those for too long. I think I worked up to around 140 and 60 on those. Messed around with sledgehammers a little bit. 

Since my back injury has kept me from doing much else, I figured I'd give nail bending a go. It's always appealed to me, the idea of bending something not meant to move. So I started with grade 2 quarter-inch bolts and suede wraps almost four months ago in mid-January. Moved onto grade 5s, 60Ds, grade 8s, and finally some 6.5"x5/16" drill rod. I tried my grippers again and I was able to get the 3 MMS still. Then I tried to pinch a 40 hex db i have at home and worked up to lifting with with thumb and two fingers. This all has given me some encouragement to not let an injury get me down and everything, but I'm actually having to take another break. Two weeks ago, I wobbled a 5/16"x7"  grade 5 bolt and hurt something in my left hand. Down at the base where the palm meets the carpal bones, around where the end of the nail goes, it's been pretty painful to do anything - pinch, crush, even just opening bottles. Not sure if is a nerve, or muscular, or just stressed the joint the wrong way. That's actually why I'm finally joining GB. I've been looking for advice for hand pain on here and figured it was about time for me to join anyway. Also, if I can get my hand healed up quickly, I'm going to attempt a Red Nail cert this summer, so I'll probably be on here a lot more looking for advice and everything. 

My goals right now are to cert the Red Nail (and bend that grade 5 that jacked my hand!), CCS close the 3 and cert on it, MMS the 3.5, and lift the Blob. 

I'm excited to be a part of the GripBoard community and hope to keep learning until I can contribute to help others! Happy gripping y'all!

Welcome! 

Search...Elliot, shooter, wobbler

9 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Hello to everyone!!
My name is Dan, I'm 25 years old at the moment, 6' 3", 180lbs and have recently become addicted to Grip Sport!
Ive been armwrestling for ~3 years, but havent been able to attend that many practices for the last year, year and a half due to work.   Then I found rock climbing midway through 2015, which gave me a good foundation for grip training.  Last but not least, I found Grip Sport.  I began grip training in the beginning of December 2015 with some plate pinching (2x25 plates which I later bought a pipe to put through and was able to add weight)  About a week in I started using a few of the hand grippers I had bought a couple of years ago, but never trained with.  Then I received a CoC #3 Dec 21st and it became an obsession to close after seeing so many others do it!     My grippers are a no name company and go from 200, 250, 300.  When I began training I had trouble closing my 250 (feels like a CoC #2.5) so I would rep my 200 a lot . Once I learned to set properly from practicing a lot, the 250 became a lot easier.  On april 28th, 2016 I closed my CoC #3 with a parallel set, and have closed it each training session since, as well as my 300.   Im lucky enough to have Canadas go-to grip guy Eric Roussin just a couple of hours away, so I was able to attend the Canadian National Grip Sport Championships in Feb 2016, and ended up taking 2nd in the -93kg class behind Eric (there was no -83kg class).  After experiencing my first grip competition and realizing that my training had been really paying off, I became even more addicted!

My main motivation right now is the King Kong Grip Challenge thats coming in October of this year.   With the way my training is going now, I think I can scratch off some huge goals this year like certifying on the #3, 1 hand pinching over 110 (Ive done 103.8lb  so far) and hopefully in October when Im back at Eric's house I can pick up his Inch Dumbell!

Welcome!  You are lucky. ..Eric's a beast! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Julian Smith said:

3 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Hello to everyone!!

My name is Dan, I'm 25 years old, 6' 3", 180lbs and have recently become addicted to Grip Sport!
Ive been armwrestling for ~3 years, but havent been able to attend that many practices for the last year, year and a half due to work.   Then I found rock climbing midway through 2015, which gave me a good foundation for grip training.  Last but not least, I found Grip Sport.  

I began grip training in the beginning of December 2015 with some plate pinching (2x25 plates which I later bought a pipe to put through and was able to add weight)  About a week in I started using a few of the hand grippers I had bought a couple of years back, but never trained with.  I received a CoC #3 Dec 21st and it became an obsession to close after seeing so many others do it!    My grippers are a no name company and go from 200, 250, 300.  When I began training I had trouble closing my 250 (feels like a CoC #2.5) so I would rep my 200 a lot . Once I learned to set properly from practicing a lot, the 250 became a lot easier.  

On april 28th, 2016 I closed my CoC #3 with a parallel set, and have closed it each training session since, as well as my 300.   Im lucky enough to have Canadas go-to grip guy Eric Roussin just a couple of hours away, so I was able to attend the Canadian National Grip Sport Championships in Feb 2016, and ended up taking 2nd in the -93kg class behind Eric (there was no -83kg class).  After experiencing my first grip competition and realizing that my training had been really paying off, I became even more addicted!

Welcome guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

My name is Carl (...oder “der Kalli”... for the German speaking fellows) and if I am right, I might know some of you guys from youtube or facebook already. For all the others: I'm 39 years old and from Germany. I am a passionated rockclimber for nearly 25 years, with the main-focus on bouldering (climbing on little rocks/blocks), but my interests are really diversified in sports, training, feats of strength and human movement.

In 2012 I started shortsteelbending (but somehow dropped out as FBBC went out of business) and bought my first grippers. Since December I am trying to get better at horseshoebending, which is very challenging and (despite the pain) lots of fun!

If anyone is interested, here you can find the stuff I did on rock the last couple of years:

https://www.8a.nu/?IncPage=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.8a.nu%2Fuser%2FProfile.aspx%3FUserId%3D3011 (click "routes" or "boulders" up right)

...and this is the link to my youtube-channel with the gripping- and bending-stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5MjOCvQGFIo9X7WJtksTnA

All the best!

Carl

:-)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, camz said:

Hi all!

My name is Carl (...oder “der Kalli”... for the German speaking fellows) and if I am right, I might know some of you guys from youtube or facebook already. For all the others: I'm 39 years old and from Germany. I am a passionated rockclimber for nearly 25 years, with the main-focus on bouldering (climbing on little rocks/blocks), but my interests are really diversified in sports, training, feats of strength and human movement.

In 2012 I started shortsteelbending (but somehow dropped out as FBBC went out of business) and bought my first grippers. Since December I am trying to get better at horseshoebending, which is very challenging and (despite the pain) lots of fun!

If anyone is interested, here you can find the stuff I did on rock the last couple of years:

https://www.8a.nu/?IncPage=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.8a.nu%2Fuser%2FProfile.aspx%3FUserId%3D3011 (click "routes" or "boulders" up right)

...and this is the link to my youtube-channel with the gripping- and bending-stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5MjOCvQGFIo9X7WJtksTnA

All the best!

Carl

:)

Hey Carl. Great to see you here man! Looking forward to what comes next. -Nate (Nathaniel)

(For those who dont know...Carl is quite accomplished.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

Hey Carl. Great to see you here man! Looking forward to what comes next. -Nate (Nathaniel)

(For those who dont know...Carl is quite accomplished.)

Hey Nate! Thank you very much for the kind words! :-)

On 21.4.2016 at 9:59 AM, Jörg Keilbach said:

Hallo zusammen! Bin eigentlich Pfälzer, wohne aber bei Rüsselsheim!

Wie aktiv ich hier (demnächst) bin, hängt leider von meiner Zeit ab.... :-/