NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello everyone,

I am Marcel from Singapore, first stumbled upon gripboard about 6-7 years ago but did not have a chance to train with REAL grippers due to lack of availability where i was.

I started lifting about 2 years ago and whilst looking for lifting gear, found out that a retailer in my country had heavy grips, so i bought a few different ones and remembered there was a forum dedicated to grip strength, so here i am once again.

Managed to close the HG150 the day i got it and bought the HG200 and HG250 a week later. Was able to close the HG200 the day i got it but the HG250 eludes me. I am also looking around to find other grip related lifting implements to improve my grip strength in other areas as well.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I am Marcel from Singapore, first stumbled upon gripboard about 6-7 years ago but did not have a chance to train with REAL grippers due to lack of availability where i was.

I started lifting about 2 years ago and whilst looking for lifting gear, found out that a retailer in my country had heavy grips, so i bought a few different ones and remembered there was a forum dedicated to grip strength, so here i am once again.

Managed to close the HG150 the day i got it and bought the HG200 and HG250 a week later. Was able to close the HG200 the day i got it but the HG250 eludes me. I am also looking around to find other grip related lifting implements to improve my grip strength in other areas as well.

Welcome Marcel!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to All!

My name is Tom, and I fell into the gripper addiction by reading a post on a pistol forum, recommending grip training to help reduce the muzzle-flip effect of recoil. My personal goal and current obsession is to close the IM No. 3 within five years. I started in July and was able to close the No. 1 about five times when I got it. Newbie gains lead me to the No. 2 by October. I introduced fat grip work and hex dumbbell "block" work recently to start being more well-rounded.

I live in central Missouri, am 51 years old, married for 25 years, with five kids. Oldest son is in the Marine Corp, stationed in San Diego currently. I like shooting, music, and beer. But I love grippers! Thank you for this wonderful board to meet other lovers of the grip.

• Like 1

Hello to All!

My name is Tom, and I fell into the gripper addiction by reading a post on a pistol forum, recommending grip training to help reduce the muzzle-flip effect of recoil. My personal goal and current obsession is to close the IM No. 3 within five years. I started in July and was able to close the No. 1 about five times when I got it. Newbie gains lead me to the No. 2 by October. I introduced fat grip work and hex dumbbell "block" work recently to start being more well-rounded.

I live in central Missouri, am 51 years old, married for 25 years, with five kids. Oldest son is in the Marine Corp, stationed in San Diego currently. I like shooting, music, and beer. But I love grippers! Thank you for this wonderful board to meet other lovers of the grip.

Welcome Tom!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt and I am a former subscriber back into the game. Its great to be back!

Current grip training: 3x per week if my schedule permits- getting my strength back but primarily using the CoC #2 as my working gripper

Interests in terms of grip strength: I love grippers and bending (need to purchase some stock and get to work again)

What I would like to get from this forum: Training information and tips, a solid support group, and hopefully work up to the MM2 cert

Thank you and I look forward to learning and progressing.

Happy holidays everyone.

• Like 1

Hi there, my name is Nick, 28yo 250lbs(typically haha) 6'2". I've been lifting for about 12 years now and recently switched to powerlifting and strongman type lifting. I'm a volunteer firefighter and professionally I'm an industrial maintenance mechanic. I have a 16 month at home so my wife didn't like me running out to the gym so I started collecting free and cheap gym equipment and making some of my own equipment. I started using a 9$ Harbinger gripper and they kept breaking so on a trip to York barbell I grabbed a "200lbs" Bone Crusher then the 250 when that got too easy. once i was closing that easily I started looking at other options and found this website and IronMinds. I closed a 2.5 and just received a 3 and expand your hand bands and Fat Gripz for Christmas. I made my own euro grip set up and started doing forearm strengthening exercises.

I not sure what a lot of the abbreviations are if anyone could help me out with that. I am excited to be here and already fully addicted haha! nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to talking to you in the forums!

• Like 2

Hi there, my name is Nick, 28yo 250lbs(typically haha) 6'2". I've been lifting for about 12 years now and recently switched to powerlifting and strongman type lifting. I'm a volunteer firefighter and professionally I'm an industrial maintenance mechanic. I have a 16 month at home so my wife didn't like me running out to the gym so I started collecting free and cheap gym equipment and making some of my own equipment. I started using a 9$ Harbinger gripper and they kept breaking so on a trip to York barbell I grabbed a "200lbs" Bone Crusher then the 250 when that got too easy. once i was closing that easily I started looking at other options and found this website and IronMinds. I closed a 2.5 and just received a 3 and expand your hand bands and Fat Gripz for Christmas. I made my own euro grip set up and started doing forearm strengthening exercises.

I not sure what a lot of the abbreviations are if anyone could help me out with that. I am excited to be here and already fully addicted haha! nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to talking to you in the forums!

Nice to see you found the gripboard!

I suggest you read through the gripwell and take notes!

The elite gripsters do a Q and A there.

Hi All, my name is Chad from Adelaide, South Australia and I am 37 years old, 169cm tall and 83kg. Interests: CoC Grippers, hub lift, pinch block, and plate pinch. Just got into nail bending, and I am finding that challenging and fun.

I am currently trying to close a No.1.5 Coc.

I have been training in the gym for 6 years now, and I have won several Bodybuilding Competitions here in SA and Austral-Asia. Just got into Grip training back about 8 months ago.

I also own GRIP & LIFT AUSTRALIA www.gripandlift.com.au which we are a reseller for IronMind and the leading provider of Captains of Crush Grippers in Australia. I started this business because the costs for one off purchases for Australian's is too much with the shipping costs from America. We offer great prices and stocked here in Australia.

I look forward to learning more from this website about grip training and how it can help me.

Thanks!

Edited by gripandliftaustralia

Hi All, my name is Chad from Adelaide, South Australia and I am 37 years old, 169cm tall and 83kg. Interests: CoC Grippers, hub lift, pinch block, and plate pinch. Just got into nail bending, and I am finding that challenging and fun.

I have been training in the gym for 6 years now, and I have won several Bodybuilding Competitions here in SA and Austral-Asia. Just got into Grip training back about 8 months ago.

I also own GRIP & LIFT AUSTRALIA www.gripandlift.com.au which we are a reseller for IronMind and the leading provider of Captains of Crush Grippers in Australia. I started this business because the costs for one off purchases for Australian's is too much with the shipping costs from America. We offer great prices and stocked here in Australia.

I look forward to learning more from this website about grip training and how it can help me.

Thanks!

Welcome bro

For future reference you shouldn't post your website or pimp your website without being a sponsor.

Hello everyone!

My name is Matt and I am a former subscriber back into the game. Its great to be back!

Current grip training: 3x per week if my schedule permits- getting my strength back but primarily using the CoC #2 as my working gripper

Interests in terms of grip strength: I love grippers and bending (need to purchase some stock and get to work again)

What I would like to get from this forum: Training information and tips, a solid support group, and hopefully work up to the MM2 cert

Thank you and I look forward to learning and progressing.

Happy holidays everyone.

Thanks!

Welcome to the GripBoard and also welcome back Matt!

• 4 weeks later...

Been training on grip and bending on and off for about ten years. Bought my coc grippers when i was 18 and have always been able to close the 2 for reps but have only closed my 3 once and never again since then. I'd like to get to where I can consistently close the 3. Bending 5/16 x 7 CRS in imp's finally. Looking forward to bending some shoes in the near future but I need to get a hold of some smaller ones so I can work on my technique. I don't have questions for now, just enjoying the wealth of information that is already on the forums.

6-01, 275

Sorry, thought that would be my topic haha. It's been so long since I've been on a forum/message board, it's unreal... Like 2001 unreal lol. Well my name is Tyler Shelton. I'm a 30 year old millwright that was born in Texas but now live in central louisiana, but I travel a great deal for work and also work crazy hours (7 days a week, 12 hours a day usually, but it varies). Anyway, I became interested in strength training around 1999, and later that same year, when I was about 14, I became interested in grip strength training. Back then, pretty much all their was for grip was ironmind, and I believe pda, but they were far too expensive for me. Well I fell into the party scene in high school and lost interest in grip until about the end of 2013, but now I am in love with it. Some of my abilities include being able to, on a good day, close a #2.5 coc right handed with virtually no set, and a #2 left handed. I also love nail bending and can bend a 60d and an ironmind blue reverse style with either hand in IM cordura wraps w/no rubber bands. I can also tear a pack of Maverick playing cards in half. I would really like to someday certify on both the #3 coc and the IM red nail. I would also like to send a shout out to Jedd Johnson as, without his courses, DVDs, advice, and tips, I would be virtually nowhere on my nail bending, nor my card tearing. I also don't know if this is the place to ask this, so I hope I do not get into trouble, but I am virtually always looking for grip equipment to add to my collection, so if anyone is interested, contact me. Specifically right now, I am looking for David Horne's Tombstone and a PDA Ironhorse Wrench. I also had a question to ask any of you that might be able to help. As I have stated earlier, I feel I have fairly good grip strength when it comes to exercises and feats, but I have never had a good strong handshake. I have average hands (7.5" from wrist to middle finger), but I would really like to have a good, firm handshake. Are there specific exercises I could do, or will I simply not have a good one because of my hand size? Because I do understand that a bigger hand can apply more leverage, etc. thanks all and glad to be a part of the board.

Hey guys,

Names Sal I'm 21 6'4" 240. I starting training grip about 2 years ago. I've always had huge hands and a good grip so I picked up an IronMind #2 and closed it first shot then I bought the #2.5 and same thing. After about a year of training i was able to close the #3 and as of now I can get a solid 5-7 on it. Just picked up the #4 and I'm working on closing that hopefully within the next year or so. I know that's a tall order but it comes easy to me.

One question I did have is has anyone had a problem with their hands being to big for grippers? I saw a video on Mark Felix and he said he has problems with this. My hands are roughly the same size about 9.5 from wrist to fingertip and have trouble setting the gripper so I do all my closes from a fully open position. Any feedback would be great and I'm glad to have joined the board!

Hello everyone! This is a re-introduction. My name is Scott McElroy and I'm a 49 year old Police Officer in Central Ca. I joined the board back in 2004 but work got busy before I really got involved. My current level is a GHP 7 close with a parallel set. My goals are to introduce grip training into the Police Academy and making it a part of the curriculum. In the very near future I would like to certify in Mash Monster 0 and level 1 and well as certify on the GHP level 7. I'm anticipating my COC cert later this year.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing information.

Thanks

Sorry, thought that would be my topic haha. It's been so long since I've been on a forum/message board, it's unreal... Like 2001 unreal lol. Well my name is Tyler Shelton. I'm a 30 year old millwright that was born in Texas but now live in central louisiana, but I travel a great deal for work and also work crazy hours (7 days a week, 12 hours a day usually, but it varies). Anyway, I became interested in strength training around 1999, and later that same year, when I was about 14, I became interested in grip strength training. Back then, pretty much all their was for grip was ironmind, and I believe pda, but they were far too expensive for me. Well I fell into the party scene in high school and lost interest in grip until about the end of 2013, but now I am in love with it. Some of my abilities include being able to, on a good day, close a #2.5 coc right handed with virtually no set, and a #2 left handed. I also love nail bending and can bend a 60d and an ironmind blue reverse style with either hand in IM cordura wraps w/no rubber bands. I can also tear a pack of Maverick playing cards in half. I would really like to someday certify on both the #3 coc and the IM red nail. I would also like to send a shout out to Jedd Johnson as, without his courses, DVDs, advice, and tips, I would be virtually nowhere on my nail bending, nor my card tearing. I also don't know if this is the place to ask this, so I hope I do not get into trouble, but I am virtually always looking for grip equipment to add to my collection, so if anyone is interested, contact me. Specifically right now, I am looking for David Horne's Tombstone and a PDA Ironhorse Wrench. I also had a question to ask any of you that might be able to help. As I have stated earlier, I feel I have fairly good grip strength when it comes to exercises and feats, but I have never had a good strong handshake. I have average hands (7.5" from wrist to middle finger), but I would really like to have a good, firm handshake. Are there specific exercises I could do, or will I simply not have a good one because of my hand size? Because I do understand that a bigger hand can apply more leverage, etc. thanks all and glad to be a part of the board.

Hey guys,

Names Sal I'm 21 6'4" 240. I starting training grip about 2 years ago. I've always had huge hands and a good grip so I picked up an IronMind #2 and closed it first shot then I bought the #2.5 and same thing. After about a year of training i was able to close the #3 and as of now I can get a solid 5-7 on it. Just picked up the #4 and I'm working on closing that hopefully within the next year or so. I know that's a tall order but it comes easy to me.

One question I did have is has anyone had a problem with their hands being to big for grippers? I saw a video on Mark Felix and he said he has problems with this. My hands are roughly the same size about 9.5 from wrist to fingertip and have trouble setting the gripper so I do all my closes from a fully open position. Any feedback would be great and I'm glad to have joined the board!

Hello everyone! This is a re-introduction. My name is Scott McElroy and I'm a 49 year old Police Officer in Central Ca. I joined the board back in 2004 but work got busy before I really got involved. My current level is a GHP 7 close with a parallel set. My goals are to introduce grip training into the Police Academy and making it a part of the curriculum. In the very near future I would like to certify in Mash Monster 0 and level 1 and well as certify on the GHP level 7. I'm anticipating my COC cert later this year.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing information.

Thanks

Welcome everyone!

I'm pretty new to grip training but it seems to be very fascinating.
The goal right now is Coc 3 :)

English is not my native language but I hope you will understand anyway when and if I have a question .... :)

//Pickels

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Grip addicts, I'm Art  I'm 26. I started weight training when i was 20, but it wasn't serious until the age of 24, I do strongman training with mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding as accessories.  one of my buddies introduced me to the GHP grippers, i managed to close number 6 gripper for 8 consecutive times on the first time i tried it, i haven't really worked on the 7, but i think i can close it, pretty sure of it. will buy my own soon. I also weld for fun, three years of doing so, and i build a lot cool strongman, and workout implements, most recently a lot of fat bars, and thick handles to aid me. I'm in Los Angeles.  Just seeking cool people to share grip knowledge with, hope learn a thing or two, and hopefully someone learns from me. 

On 2/7/2016 at 1:05 PM, Pickels said:
I'm pretty new to grip training but it seems to be very fascinating.
The goal right now is Coc 3 :)

English is not my native language but I hope you will understand anyway when and if I have a question .... :)

//Pickels

3 hours ago, kodiak_strong said:

Hello Grip addicts, I'm Art  I'm 26. I started weight training when i was 20, but it wasn't serious until the age of 24, I do strongman training with mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding as accessories.  one of my buddies introduced me to the GHP grippers, i managed to close number 6 gripper for 8 consecutive times on the first time i tried it, i haven't really worked on the 7, but i think i can close it, pretty sure of it. will buy my own soon. I also weld for fun, three years of doing so, and i build a lot cool strongman, and workout implements, most recently a lot of fat bars, and thick handles to aid me. I'm in Los Angeles.  Just seeking cool people to share grip knowledge with, hope learn a thing or two, and hopefully someone learns from me. 

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

my name is Anthony Andrade I am Tank Andrade's son I want to learn a lot more stuff about grip and strength information I am 9 years old nice to meet you guys

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Ace Andrade said:

Hi

my name is Anthony Andrade I am Tank Andrade's son I want to learn a lot more stuff about grip and strength information I am 9 years old nice to meet you guys

Welcome!

• Like 1

Hi my name is Dani I'm 27. I'm from Barcelona, Spain and i'm doing powerlifting hoping to compete someday. My bw is 68 and i lift 150kg squat, 160 deadlift and 95 bench press. I love to train my grip and I actually can close Coc 2 trying to close ghp 5 right now. I work 3 times per week my crushing grip and twice my wrist with ironmid Heavy Hammer II. Hoping someday to close Coc 3. I love this forum Always looking for new information. Do you think i have to start with KTA right now?

See you soon on the board!!!

8 hours ago, Drakon61 said:

Hi my name is Dani I'm 27. I'm from Barcelona, Spain and i'm doing powerlifting hoping to compete someday. My bw is 68 and i lift 150kg squat, 160 deadlift and 95 bench press. I love to train my grip and I actually can close Coc 2 trying to close ghp 5 right now. I work 3 times per week my crushing grip and twice my wrist with ironmid Heavy Hammer II. Hoping someday to close Coc 3. I love this forum Always looking for new information. Do you think i have to start with KTA right now?

See you soon on the board!!!

Welcome!