NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi, My name is Dan Ward. 30 years old. I have always been into strength training of all types. Got my first set of COC grippers (1-3) In 2004. Was able to get my number 2 closed when i first got them..I attribute that to lots of manual labor (block laying/hardscaping) and heavy lifting through out my years...Trained hard on the #1 and #2 but my #3 seemed out of the question...I later attained a plate loaded grip machine and a COC #2.5...hoping it would close the gap between my 2 and 3.. I was slightly discouraged when i didn't gain much on my "brick" of a #3 after some hard work on my 2.5 and other support work.

After many failed attempts on my three, my goals shifted and i started hitting kettlebell training hard... Fast forward some years... I Just recently (may 2015) got back into grip training and this web site has helped me more than anything. I built my own crane scale rgc device to rate my own grippers so i can actually see what i was up against...Cross rated a Tetting supermaster from CPW and was with in +/- 1 pound to see how accurate my setup was...My original 2.5 was a 124# rgc and my first number 3 rated at 156# rgc!!!! No wonder that three was laughing at me!! After getting a better arsenal of grippers, grip equipment and most importantly knowledge from the Grip Board members i've made a lot of gains in a very short amount of time...Ill be getting some videos up of my new accomplishments soon. I'd just like to say thank you to all the members for helping contribute to the sport and helping others progress forward as well. Looking forward to being a part of the Grip Board.

• Like 4

Hi, My name is Dan Ward. 30 years old. I have always been into strength training of all types. Got my first set of COC grippers (1-3) In 2004. Was able to get my number 2 closed when i first got them..I attribute that to lots of manual labor (block laying/hardscaping) and heavy lifting through out my years...Trained hard on the #1 and #2 but my #3 seemed out of the question...I later attained a plate loaded grip machine and a COC #2.5...hoping it would close the gap between my 2 and 3.. I was slightly discouraged when i didn't gain much on my "brick" of a #3 after some hard work on my 2.5 and other support work.

After many failed attempts on my three, my goals shifted and i started hitting kettlebell training hard... Fast forward some years... I Just recently (may 2015) got back into grip training and this web site has helped me more than anything. I built my own crane scale rgc device to rate my own grippers so i can actually see what i was up against...Cross rated a Tetting supermaster from CPW and was with in +/- 1 pound to see how accurate my setup was...My original 2.5 was a 124# rgc and my first number 3 rated at 156# rgc!!!! No wonder that three was laughing at me!! After getting a better arsenal of grippers, grip equipment and most importantly knowledge from the Grip Board members i've made a lot of gains in a very short amount of time...Ill be getting some videos up of my new accomplishments soon. I'd just like to say thank you to all the members for helping contribute to the sport and helping others progress forward as well. Looking forward to being a part of the Grip Board.

Welcome Dan!

Hi all, been lurking awhile and joined a few weeks ago. I've been doing grippers for about 7 months, just closed a #2 with a pretty deep set, can do 135 lbs on a jamar hydraulic dynamometer on a good day. Still have a lot to learn and plenty of work to do. I'll try to help out where I can.

-Will

• Like 2

Hi all, been lurking awhile and joined a few weeks ago. I've been doing grippers for about 7 months, just closed a #2 with a pretty deep set, can do 135 lbs on a jamar hydraulic dynamometer on a good day. Still have a lot to learn and plenty of work to do. I'll try to help out where I can.

-Will

Welcome Will!

Thanks, good to be here. Looks like I missed the format, 5'10 175, 31, haven't lifted since college, doing grip and bodyweight stuff. Already had an elbow problem from grip only but extensor work, dips, and pullups cleared it up. Just got a ironmind hub, silvis t Rex with extended and btr handles, and a 152 rated #3 so I've got my work cut out for me (give me another year or so...) Doing some block weight stuff and inverted hex dumbbells to stay well rounded. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

Hello. My name is Ced, and I am new to grip training, but am already hooked. I didn't even know that there were grippers our there like the CoC and Heavy Grips until three weeks ago. My goal is to just keep making steady gains in grip strength, while continuing to build strength in all other areas. Great board.

• Like 2

I disappear but come back every two years it seems. New, but old.... lol... I'm back!!! This is my latest feat. I always loved the feel of hub lifting. I'm working supporting, pinch, and crushing currently

55 total hub lift... video link

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=11860

• Like 2

Hello. My name is Ced, and I am new to grip training, but am already hooked. I didn't even know that there were grippers our there like the CoC and Heavy Grips until three weeks ago. My goal is to just keep making steady gains in grip strength, while continuing to build strength in all other areas. Great board.

Welcome Ced!

I disappear but come back every two years it seems. New, but old.... lol... I'm back!!! This is my latest feat. I always loved the feel of hub lifting. I'm working supporting, pinch, and crushing currently

55 total hub lift... video link

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=gallery&image=11860

Welcome back!!

Hello, my name is Mauro, I'm from Italy and I'm quite new to grip training. I'm 21 years old, 177 cm tall, 70kg. I've never went to the gym but I've done my fair share of sports, the latest being martial arts. I'm mostly a gripper guy as I don't have much interest in other kinds of strength training (for now). My best grip results since I started in June (but I've been doing it regularly only since the start of August) are 5-6 reps on a HG200 with my right hand. Looking forward to learn much more from experienced pros like you guys!

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Mauro, I'm from Italy and I'm quite new to grip training. I'm 21 years old, 177 cm tall, 70kg. I've never went to the gym but I've done my fair share of sports, the latest being martial arts. I'm mostly a gripper guy as I don't have much interest in other kinds of strength training (for now). My best grip results since I started in June (but I've been doing it regularly only since the start of August) are 5-6 reps on a HG200 with my right hand. Looking forward to learn much more from experienced pros like you guys!

Welcome bro. Lots of good guys and info here. I suggest taking a trip to the dark side and check out steel bending. I'm a little partial to that over grip.

Welcome Mauro!

Hello friends! My name is Dmitry, I am 42-year growth 194, weight 115 kg. In his youth, professionally engaged in rowing. There was a great break from the sport. I want to return to its former shape, ill grip !!! My goal coc 3

• Like 1

Hello friends! My name is Dmitry, I am 42-year growth 194, weight 115 kg. In his youth, professionally engaged in rowing. There was a great break from the sport. I want to return to its former shape, ill grip !!! My goal coc 3

Welcome Dmitry!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I am 38 years old and have been an avid arm wrestling fan since I was a kid. I recently ordered my 1st table and plan on trying to get some of my friends involved where I live. Due to my demanding work load sometimes it is hard for me to commit to certain things. I was a Jiu Jitsiu student for a year but family and work became more important than always trying to get to class and then missing due to being on call with my job and it just never seemed to work out.

So I am awaiting my arm wrestling table and can't wait to put it in my garage with the small training regimen I have developed using resistance bands I bought from Dick's Sporting Goods. I will try to read as much as I can in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Rogowski. My primary interest is in old time strongman training, but I've always had an interest in grip training for it's own sake and enjoy it quite a bit. I used to be pretty active on this board 10 years ago when I was in high school but I stopped using the board because I realized I was spending too much time on it and stepped away, just knowing my own limits and compulsions, nothing against the board. So with that said I'm pretty familiar with most of the well knowns on this board and have sort of kept up with the scene in the meantime. I rejoined because after being in college for 10 years I finally have a job that gives me the time and the means to do more of the things I want to do and I want to start competing in grip competitions and want to be in the know about when and where they will be.

I'm 5'4" 175lbs., kind of small compared to most I suppose but I've been lifting for nearly 20 years and been doing grip training for 12. I want to take my training as far as I can. I'm close to some serious milestones that I want to complete, hopefully within the next year, namely closing a #3, 1HP 2-45s, and lifting the Inch. I also enjoy bodyweight training quite a bit and am hoping to hit a single rafter pullup.

Hello All,

I'm a 24 yo 3rd yr medical student (hence the username) who has decided to get a bit more serious about grip training. I got into gripping through Pavel ~8 months ago at which time I could not close the CoC #1. I closed it around mid-February and have since closed the #2. I can occasionally CCS the #2 on the right and regularly MMS with the left. I can also MMS my GHP5 on the right with fair regularity.

As far as training is concerned, I started out by merely doing Grease the Groove with the #1 because that was all I had to work with. For the past few months I have gotten a bit more serious, but now I have decided to follow an actual plan and log to progress because I've been fairly stagnant for the past month and a half.

Ultimately my training goals are general fitness through KB workouts, BW exercises, and some olympic/power lifting which I've done in the past, but my long term gripper goals include closing the #3 and GHP7 one day.

BW: 180, HT: 5'9"

Thanks for adding me real name is Mark I'm new to grip training and 8 months out from right shoulder rebuild with 4 screw in anchors to put muscles and stuff back close to where God put them the first time. Left shoulder had 2 screws about 5 years ago, and one in 99, yes I'm a slow learner. I used to have the average mechanics grip, still sort of do in the left hand bit the rights got a ways to go.

I'm 55, 6'0" and 176 lbs after cutting down from a somewhat soft 198 in June of this year when they released me to regular duty. No beer or scotch, Diet, Indian Clubsa Shena and the beg Inge of Persian Yoga have been mostly the cause of the weight loss which provided a new to me 33" waist and a few new inches on my arms. Surgery was a disaster to what I used to be. I also use light Dumbbells and a bit on the cables of my Smithlike machine.

I've gotten a CoC Trainer (reps easy LH a few clicks to close each set RH) and a V2 with the Chrom Spring (no deal) and Ace Hardware screen door spring I modded to work.

It's gonna be a long road back but this is a really interesting place. Looking forward to learning, healing and getting strong again.

My name is Nick. I'm a Firefighter/paramedic in the Denver area. We test our grip on a hand dynamometer once a year for work. My grip stood out during these test and I started working with CoC grippers a few months ago. I have been lifting heavy for the last 18 months and lost a lot of fitness and gained a lot of weight.(the bad kind)

I'm back to Crossfit, trimming down and the fitness is returning. I'd like to increase one full number on CoC. My grip work consists of basic CoC work as outlined on their website one day followed by Expand Your Hand Bands and Wrist Reinforcer the next day. This is my first grip forum. I'd like to learn what the successful guys are doing for grip training as well as get some advice on how to balance grip specific training with Crossfit because it can be very grip intensive as well.

I plan to research on the forum for a while before I start throwing out questions. Any advice is welcome and I look forward to our interactions

NJB

Hello to all,

I am 38 years old and have been an avid arm wrestling fan since I was a kid. I recently ordered my 1st table and plan on trying to get some of my friends involved where I live. Due to my demanding work load sometimes it is hard for me to commit to certain things. I was a Jiu Jitsiu student for a year but family and work became more important than always trying to get to class and then missing due to being on call with my job and it just never seemed to work out.

So I am awaiting my arm wrestling table and can't wait to put it in my garage with the small training regimen I have developed using resistance bands I bought from Dick's Sporting Goods. I will try to read as much as I can in this forum.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Rogowski. My primary interest is in old time strongman training, but I've always had an interest in grip training for it's own sake and enjoy it quite a bit. I used to be pretty active on this board 10 years ago when I was in high school but I stopped using the board because I realized I was spending too much time on it and stepped away, just knowing my own limits and compulsions, nothing against the board. So with that said I'm pretty familiar with most of the well knowns on this board and have sort of kept up with the scene in the meantime. I rejoined because after being in college for 10 years I finally have a job that gives me the time and the means to do more of the things I want to do and I want to start competing in grip competitions and want to be in the know about when and where they will be.

I'm 5'4" 175lbs., kind of small compared to most I suppose but I've been lifting for nearly 20 years and been doing grip training for 12. I want to take my training as far as I can. I'm close to some serious milestones that I want to complete, hopefully within the next year, namely closing a #3, 1HP 2-45s, and lifting the Inch. I also enjoy bodyweight training quite a bit and am hoping to hit a single rafter pullup.

Hello All,

I'm a 24 yo 3rd yr medical student (hence the username) who has decided to get a bit more serious about grip training. I got into gripping through Pavel ~8 months ago at which time I could not close the CoC #1. I closed it around mid-February and have since closed the #2. I can occasionally CCS the #2 on the right and regularly MMS with the left. I can also MMS my GHP5 on the right with fair regularity.

As far as training is concerned, I started out by merely doing Grease the Groove with the #1 because that was all I had to work with. For the past few months I have gotten a bit more serious, but now I have decided to follow an actual plan and log to progress because I've been fairly stagnant for the past month and a half.

Ultimately my training goals are general fitness through KB workouts, BW exercises, and some olympic/power lifting which I've done in the past, but my long term gripper goals include closing the #3 and GHP7 one day.

BW: 180, HT: 5'9"

Thanks for adding me real name is Mark I'm new to grip training and 8 months out from right shoulder rebuild with 4 screw in anchors to put muscles and stuff back close to where God put them the first time. Left shoulder had 2 screws about 5 years ago, and one in 99, yes I'm a slow learner. I used to have the average mechanics grip, still sort of do in the left hand bit the rights got a ways to go.

I'm 55, 6'0" and 176 lbs after cutting down from a somewhat soft 198 in June of this year when they released me to regular duty. No beer or scotch, Diet, Indian Clubsa Shena and the beg Inge of Persian Yoga have been mostly the cause of the weight loss which provided a new to me 33" waist and a few new inches on my arms. Surgery was a disaster to what I used to be. I also use light Dumbbells and a bit on the cables of my Smithlike machine.

I've gotten a CoC Trainer (reps easy LH a few clicks to close each set RH) and a V2 with the Chrom Spring (no deal) and Ace Hardware screen door spring I modded to work.

It's gonna be a long road back but this is a really interesting place. Looking forward to learning, healing and getting strong again.

My name is Nick. I'm a Firefighter/paramedic in the Denver area. We test our grip on a hand dynamometer once a year for work. My grip stood out during these test and I started working with CoC grippers a few months ago. I have been lifting heavy for the last 18 months and lost a lot of fitness and gained a lot of weight.(the bad kind)

I'm back to Crossfit, trimming down and the fitness is returning. I'd like to increase one full number on CoC. My grip work consists of basic CoC work as outlined on their website one day followed by Expand Your Hand Bands and Wrist Reinforcer the next day. This is my first grip forum. I'd like to learn what the successful guys are doing for grip training as well as get some advice on how to balance grip specific training with Crossfit because it can be very grip intensive as well.

I plan to research on the forum for a while before I start throwing out questions. Any advice is welcome and I look forward to our interactions

NJB

Welcome everyone!

Hey Everyone! My name is Vince, and after taking about 8 months off of DO bending to pursue some other goals, I've recently gotten back into it with a prime focus on Reverse Bending. I've also caught gripper fever and have been getting more serious with my COC training. I'm about to be 22 here in a couple months, and have set 2 goals for myself to attain by my 24th birthday. 1.)Reverse a Red Nail and Certify on it (currently reversing yellows) 2.) Certify on the COC #3 (Currently working on the #2).

I've gotten some good tips from a lot of you just from lurking on here and Benders Battlefield. I look forward to posting and learning from all you guys and eventually helping other grippers/benders once I have some more experience to speak from!

Hi, My name is Nick. I'm 30 yrs old live in California. A year ago I got into weight training. Worked the through the strong lifts 5x5 program. Got addicted to deadlifts and all types of bent over rows, kroc rows being my favorite. While searching deadlift videos I saw a video on YouTube of a guy named darrin shallman doing vertical bar deadlifts. I got hooked on watching his videos. Found some basic info on http://bigsteel.iwarp.com/Articles2/OneHandDeadlift.htm

Eventually the search for more info on how to get started lead me here.

I have a homemade loading pin, a 2" pvc handle, a 1" cable machine handle and over 350lbs of standard weights.

Edited by st58
  • Like 1

Hey Everyone! My name is Vince, and after taking about 8 months off of DO bending to pursue some other goals, I've recently gotten back into it with a prime focus on Reverse Bending. I've also caught gripper fever and have been getting more serious with my COC training. I'm about to be 22 here in a couple months, and have set 2 goals for myself to attain by my 24th birthday. 1.)Reverse a Red Nail and Certify on it (currently reversing yellows) 2.) Certify on the COC #3 (Currently working on the #2).

I've gotten some good tips from a lot of you just from lurking on here and Benders Battlefield. I look forward to posting and learning from all you guys and eventually helping other grippers/benders once I have some more experience to speak from!

Hi, My name is Nick. I'm 30 yrs old live in California. A year ago I got into weight training. Worked the through the strong lifts 5x5 program. Got addicted to deadlifts and all types of bent over rows, kroc rows being my favorite. While searching deadlift videos I saw a video on YouTube of a guy named darrin shallman doing vertical bar deadlifts. I got hooked on watching his videos. Found some basic info on http://bigsteel.iwarp.com/Articles2/OneHandDeadlift.htm

Eventually the search for more info on how to get started lead me here.

I have a homemade loading pin, a 2" pvc handle, a 1" cable machine handle and over 350lbs of standard weights.

Welcome Vince and Nick to the GripBoard!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Eric and I’m new to forums and grip work. I guess I’ll start of my stating a bit about myself. Apologies if I have the lingo or abbreviations wrong or if I break any forum rules. Still learning.

I'm 26 years old 5'8 190 lbs. Have been into lifting since high school and gone through all the up and downs that come with it, especially injuries. Currently I’m dealing with an upper back muscle tear which is what led me to grip work. Do to my injury my workouts have been planned day by day and its pretty discouraging that I can’t go full blast. I don't know how but I came across a video online of someone attempting to close a coc #3. I started doing research and found out that there is an entire community dedicated to this. I was hooked from there.

Once i was hooked on the sport I immediately ordered a few grippers.

Coc Trainer, #1, #1.5, #2, and #2.5.

And I guess that’s pretty much it for now. I hope I’ll be able to go into my workout routine on this forum and any tips and advice will be truly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Hey guys,

My name is Anthony, and I am a PhD student in Pure Math in Ohio. I injured L4/L5 pretty severely squatting (with perfect form) a few years back, and finally jumped back in the gym about 4 months ago as a bench specialist. Have my close grip, 1 second paused max above 275 already at a bodyweight of 160 as of now.

I started getting heavy into forearm training to boost my bench 2 months back, then realized quickly that to properly hit the entire forearm and hand you had to do ALOT. I was doing wrist flexion, extension, finger extension, as well as brachioradialis stuff, but I soon realized my actual hands were weak, too.

Started playing with CoC grippers 4 weeks ago (closing the 1.5 from CC width in my right hand first try), and just closed the #2 from credit card width this week. I now own all sorts of Ironmind stuff, including the expand your hand bands, 4 IMTUGs, 5 Grippers up through the 2.5, the hub and pinch block attachments and a clip/weight holding platform to attach them, and a great supination/pronation/deviation tool from another company called the Pronator. I'm addicted now, and it certainly is helping my bench!

Edited by avasatu

Hi Everyone,

My name is Eric and I’m new to forums and grip work. I guess I’ll start of my stating a bit about myself. Apologies if I have the lingo or abbreviations wrong or if I break any forum rules. Still learning.

I'm 26 years old 5'8 190 lbs. Have been into lifting since high school and gone through all the up and downs that come with it, especially injuries. Currently I’m dealing with an upper back muscle tear which is what led me to grip work. Do to my injury my workouts have been planned day by day and its pretty discouraging that I can’t go full blast. I don't know how but I came across a video online of someone attempting to close a coc #3. I started doing research and found out that there is an entire community dedicated to this. I was hooked from there.

Once i was hooked on the sport I immediately ordered a few grippers.

Coc Trainer, #1, #1.5, #2, and #2.5.

And I guess that’s pretty much it for now. I hope I’ll be able to go into my workout routine on this forum and any tips and advice will be truly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

Hey guys,

My name is Anthony, and I am a PhD student in Pure Math in Ohio. I injured L4/L5 pretty severely squatting (with perfect form) a few years back, and finally jumped back in the gym about 4 months ago as a bench specialist. Have my close grip, 1 second paused max above 275 already at a bodyweight of 160 as of now.

I started getting heavy into forearm training to boost my bench 2 months back, then realized quickly that to properly hit the entire forearm and hand you had to do ALOT. I was doing wrist flexion, extension, finger extension, as well as brachioradialis stuff, but I soon realized my actual hands were weak, too.

Started playing with CoC grippers 4 weeks ago (closing the 1.5 from CC width in my right hand first try), and just closed the #2 from credit card width this week. I now own all sorts of Ironmind stuff, including the expand your hand bands, 4 IMTUGs, 5 Grippers up through the 2.5, the hub and pinch block attachments and a clip/weight holding platform to attach them, and a great supination/pronation/deviation tool from another company called the Pronator. I'm addicted now, and it certainly is helping my bench!

Welcome Eric and Anthony!