NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi ! My name is Allan.

I've been training about 23 years. I've worked on grip specific training the entire time, but didn't know what the heck I was doing for the first years (no internet back then and grew up in country, 20 miles from town)

I've trained powerlifting and using body weight at times in all the years I've worked out. Now a days I do a hybrid system of mostly body weight but I also use weights for grip training.

Sometimes I train grip 7 days a week and sometimes I train grip once a week. I listen to my body vs having a program to follow.

I do farmers walks and various other grip training methods that are mostly home made, although I do use dumbbells for farmers walks. For example I have a WW2 canvas bag that I put gravel and dirt in. Then I cut a branch off a tree (thick handle) and tied a rope from it to the bag, and I curl that sometimes and do all sorts of grip stuff with it. I vary the thickness of the handles on the dumbbells that I use for farmers walks using duct tape and or other kinds of tape.

Grip training is my priority. If you cant grip it, you cant lift it. And strong hands mean strong body.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to grip training, mostly my training is based on fat gripz pullups, towel pullups, fingertips pushups,

and of course some grippers.

Still humbled by a #1, the road is gonna be long that's why i bought the RRBT program to get good foundation.

Welcome!

Hi Everyone,

Old fart here. Getting back into lifting to be able to do my past time.

I burn wood so I am a wood whore by nature.

Just stumbled on this site a few days ago.

I am hoping to gain a lot of useful knowledge as to increase grip strength safely.

Not new to working out, but love to learn whats new out there.

Be well,

Tuco

I threw the shot put and discus in college. As part of that I was also a pretty serious weight lifter. I had not trained for a long time but got back into it in the last year. I have spent the last 14 months losing 40lbs. I am now down to 210 and in much better shape overall.

My interest in grip training came from action pistol shooting. Stronger grip makes it easier to get the gun back on target after the shot is fired. I have already picked up a lot of good information and decided to sign up rather than lurk.

Hi Everyone,

Old fart here. Getting back into lifting to be able to do my past time.

I burn wood so I am a wood whore by nature.

Just stumbled on this site a few days ago.

I am hoping to gain a lot of useful knowledge as to increase grip strength safely.

Not new to working out, but love to learn whats new out there.

Be well,

Tuco

I threw the shot put and discus in college. As part of that I was also a pretty serious weight lifter. I had not trained for a long time but got back into it in the last year. I have spent the last 14 months losing 40lbs. I am now down to 210 and in much better shape overall.

My interest in grip training came from action pistol shooting. Stronger grip makes it easier to get the gun back on target after the shot is fired. I have already picked up a lot of good information and decided to sign up rather than lurk.

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Welcome to the GripBoard!

TY, hope to learn a lot about increasing my grip safely....I still have a lot of wood to cut-n-stack!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Crazy arse grip peeps. I'm excited to finally be able to contribute and learn from the board here. I'd like to get to know peeps here, yet I like remaining somewhat anonymous online. So if you pm me etc....sell me stuff, etc.....but here you can call me by my self proclaimed alias eggmilk to shorten up the cinnaeggmilk a little.

I didnt lift until I was 19, and did my first chinup on the rafters at work.

16 years old: 268

20 years old:155

I didnt take amateur bodybuidling seriously until I was about 21. So between 21 and and 23 I was pretty serious, doing weighted chins for 5 reps with 60, and weighted dips for 12 reps x 80lbs.

Then I got mad sleep problems and mental giftedness. So being as I started just about never being able to sleep, I unfortunately had to stop lifting. It was pretty hard for me, but I knew no sleep=no recovery=no improvements=will actually lose my muscle.

So I had stopped for about 3.5 to 4 years. I still busted chops in garage, and got mild workouts woodworking, metalworking, etc..........

But, luckily I got on meds and sleeping meds about 1.5 years ago now and can sleep at least 8 hours! So I could recover, and start working out seriously again!

I had to drop a little fat and get back in shape a little starting off for the first half year starting back up, and figure out where I was at again. I was doing 1 handed(2 arm, 1 hand on bar) chins weighted with like 15 lbs for like 8-10 reps before. So I had to start back at the bottom as far as pullups, but my biceps, calfs, and legs were still kinda there.

ANywho, last march (about 1 year ago) I was 160lbs, 140 lean mass.

Right Now

about 203 lean mass 169.

So I put on about 28 lbs of muscle in year. (which tells me, no need for pineapple juice for a very long time)

So, thats kinda where Im at. Thinking about cutting when its warm in a couple weeks. But the last month I've been hooked on grips, etc....................

I dunno............................

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello yall ... I'm Rocky I'm 43yrs old 5'8" 200 lbs... got my nick name cuz my son Rocky Jr ... we call lil rock ... so I got bigrock lol ... anyway I have worked in the oil field for 23 yrs ... martial arts back ground ... retired from fight circuit a couple yrs ago...

So in my quest to stay fit I've been lifting a lot and just recently started grip Training. .. just because I like tearing stuff and would like to bend some crow bars and wrenches too ... thx

Hey guys, my name is Gil. I'm from Nashville, don't know anybody who grips here. I'm currently nerding out with grippers, hub lifts, coin deadlifts, and rolling thunder lifts. I have an IM Blockbuster and a Sorinex axle bar in the mail, so I'm eager to do some work on those. I used to rock climb a lot, now I indulge in powerlifting. I'm looking forward to competing in a powerlifting competition and a grip competition this year.

Current grip goals are:

• Close IM #3.5
  • 2xBW axle deadlift
  • 1-h pinch lift two 45 plates
  • I'd also like to get on the MM ladder.

Hi guys, my name is Evan Raftopoulos, I'm 30 from San Francisco. I'm a physical therapist and I 've recetnly became addicted to heavy grippers and grip specific training. I was originally training my grip with bouldering, campus board traning, and upper body obstacle training. I competed in American Ninja Warrior 7 as a walk on a few weeks ago. Look forward to chatting with you.

Evan

Hey guys, my name is Gil. I'm from Nashville, don't know anybody who grips here. I'm currently nerding out with grippers, hub lifts, coin deadlifts, and rolling thunder lifts. I have an IM Blockbuster and a Sorinex axle bar in the mail, so I'm eager to do some work on those. I used to rock climb a lot, now I indulge in powerlifting. I'm looking forward to competing in a powerlifting competition and a grip competition this year.

Current grip goals are:

• Close IM #3.5
  • 2xBW axle deadlift
  • 1-h pinch lift two 45 plates
  • I'd also like to get on the MM ladder.

Hi guys, my name is Evan Raftopoulos, I'm 30 from San Francisco. I'm a physical therapist and I 've recetnly became addicted to heavy grippers and grip specific training. I was originally training my grip with bouldering, campus board traning, and upper body obstacle training. I competed in American Ninja Warrior 7 as a walk on a few weeks ago. Look forward to chatting with you.

Evan

Hi Andy here from London both in Wimbledon and Angel any grip freaks up for meeting contact me please

Hello yall ... I'm Rocky I'm 43yrs old 5'8" 200 lbs... got my nick name cuz my son Rocky Jr ... we call lil rock ... so I got bigrock lol ... anyway I have worked in the oil field for 23 yrs ... martial arts back ground ... retired from fight circuit a couple yrs ago...

So in my quest to stay fit I've been lifting a lot and just recently started grip Training. .. just because I like tearing stuff and would like to bend some crow bars and wrenches too ... thx

Welcome everyone!

• Like 1

My name is Shawn and I'm new to grip. Thanks to strongman I moved into getting better at grip and grip feats. I was introduced to Jedd and he has been instrumental in growing my knowledge on the subject. I have no feats to throw up, I can close a number 2 COC for 5 reps, pinch 35 pounds of plates, 2 handed pinched 115 for 3 reps. Bend 3/4 rebar, 3/8 threaded both at 3 ft in length. Snatch grip 325 strapless, OH axle 300, penny pinch 10 pounds with a actual American penny. So as you can see my grip needs work, but in my eyes that's awesome for a guy who three years ago couldn't pick up a dinner plate because of nerve damage.

I hope to glean more ideas as far as things to grip. I picked up a beginners bend bag, a 2' vbar, a DBB, and 2.5 crusher from FBBC and love the stuff. I made 3 pinch devices 1 single hand and 2 handed, then I converted a bell looking weight into "hub" pinch. It's just 2 inches bigger then IM hub. Dealing with tennis elbow so my grip is limited. Glad to be here with like minded folk.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, my name is Brian and I'm brand new to Gripboard. I just competed in the New York Throw Down 3, and placed 6TH overall out of a field of 19 at my first official competetion. Before that, I certified on the Ironmind Red Nail in 2014. Just wanted to introduce myself, I plan on seeing how far my body will let me go.

Edited by Brian Geisler

My name is Shawn and I'm new to grip. Thanks to strongman I moved into getting better at grip and grip feats. I was introduced to Jedd and he has been instrumental in growing my knowledge on the subject. I have no feats to throw up, I can close a number 2 COC for 5 reps, pinch 35 pounds of plates, 2 handed pinched 115 for 3 reps. Bend 3/4 rebar, 3/8 threaded both at 3 ft in length. Snatch grip 325 strapless, OH axle 300, penny pinch 10 pounds with a actual American penny. So as you can see my grip needs work, but in my eyes that's awesome for a guy who three years ago couldn't pick up a dinner plate because of nerve damage.

I hope to glean more ideas as far as things to grip. I picked up a beginners bend bag, a 2' vbar, a DBB, and 2.5 crusher from FBBC and love the stuff. I made 3 pinch devices 1 single hand and 2 handed, then I converted a bell looking weight into "hub" pinch. It's just 2 inches bigger then IM hub. Dealing with tennis elbow so my grip is limited. Glad to be here with like minded folk.

Hello everyone, my name is Brian and I'm brand new to Gripboard. I just competed in the New York Throw Down 3, and placed 6TH overall out of a field of 19 at my first official competetion. Before that, I certified on the Ironmind Red Nail in 2014. Just wanted to introduce myself, I plan on seeing how far my body will let me go.

Welcome guys!

Signed up a while ago on these boards, but didn't really post at all and got more involved with powerlifting than grip stuff. But I'm back here now. Always had a decent grip, and could close the #2 with my right hand first time using COC grippers. Only just started using them again, as powerlifting is on the back burner for now. I managed a 305kg conventional deadlift drug free @ 115kg while competing, and had a 170kg bench press. I'm a somewhat ordinary squatter though. My squat was 100kg less than my deadlift.

But now I want to one day be able to close the #3 CCS.

So far I've MMS the #2.5 both hands after 1 month training already, but the difference between the 2.5 and 3 is MASSIVE! And the difference between MMS and CCS is also massive. So I have a long long way to go, but thankfully I'm very patient.

I'll be lurking the boards and posting as much as I can, to learn as much as I can.

Cheers

Signed up a while ago on these boards, but didn't really post at all and got more involved with powerlifting than grip stuff. But I'm back here now. Always had a decent grip, and could close the #2 with my right hand first time using COC grippers. Only just started using them again, as powerlifting is on the back burner for now. I managed a 305kg conventional deadlift drug free @ 115kg while competing, and had a 170kg bench press. I'm a somewhat ordinary squatter though. My squat was 100kg less than my deadlift.

But now I want to one day be able to close the #3 CCS.

So far I've MMS the #2.5 both hands after 1 month training already, but the difference between the 2.5 and 3 is MASSIVE! And the difference between MMS and CCS is also massive. So I have a long long way to go, but thankfully I'm very patient.

I'll be lurking the boards and posting as much as I can, to learn as much as I can.

Cheers

Welcome!

Hello gripsters,

My name is Mark and I’m relative new to gripwork. I train for all-round functional strength, free weight barbell training and lately use the fat gripz a lot. In the past I’ve also done strongman training and hope pick it up again soon.

I’ve just started with griptraining (one month) because my hands have gotten weak since I don’t do strongman anymore. Recently I’ve bought a pinch hub, pinch blocks 4cm (1,57”) and 8cm (3,15”), wrist roller 6cm (2-3/8"). I’m also building a rolling thunder which I hope to finish soon.

My best grip results are:

Farmerholds

50sec – 100kg (220lb)

24sec – 110kg (243lb)

Fat gripz deadlift overhand – 90kg (199lb)

GHP4 MMS 96lb

One day I hope to close a #3 (150lb).

Edited by Grind

Hello gripsters,

My name is Mark and I’m relative new to gripwork. I train for all-round functional strength, free weight barbell training and lately use the fat gripz a lot. In the past I’ve also done strongman training and hope pick it up again soon.

I’ve just started with griptraining (one month) because my hands have gotten weak since I don’t do strongman anymore. Recently I’ve bought a pinch hub, pinch blocks 4cm (1,57”) and 8cm (3,15”), wrist roller 6cm (2-3/8"). I’m also building a rolling thunder which I hope to finish soon.

My best grip results are:

Farmerholds

50sec – 100kg (220lb)

24sec – 110kg (243lb)

Fat gripz deadlift overhand – 90kg (199lb)

GHP4 MMS 96lb

One day I hope to close a #3 (150lb).

Welcome Mark!

hi my name is dave . i just started doing grip work (about 2 months) enjoying it so far .haven't done much other than grippers really.

grip results so far are:

coc2 ccs

coc2.5 mms

one little finger deadlift 50kg

goals:

coc3 mms

ghp7 certify

one little finger deadlift world record : 150kg or more if i can

ps.keep up the good work with the grip board :)

hi my name is dave . i just started doing grip work (about 2 months) enjoying it so far .haven't done much other than grippers really.

grip results so far are:

coc2 ccs

coc2.5 mms

one little finger deadlift 50kg

goals:

coc3 mms

ghp7 certify

one little finger deadlift world record : 150kg or more if i can

ps.keep up the good work with the grip board :)

Welcome Dave.

• Like 1

Oi. My name is Kyle and I live in Vancouver, WA (or the Couve if you prefer). My history of grip training is quite short, only going back about 9 months now. I developed an interest in grippers after watching YouTube videos on Magnus Samuelsson out of nostalgia for World's Strongest Man. I was able to close a COC #2 the first time I picked one up and have progressed to MMS a GHP #6 and am about 0.25cm off from MMS on my COC #3; I'm thinking my COC #3 is relatively light though as I have 3xTetting GMs and I miss all those by ~1cm.

In any case, my grip training priority is grippers and my overall working goal is to certify as a Cap'n of Crush on the #3 in a next year or so. Beyond the crush, I hit lots of other grip feats: hub, rolling handle deadlift, finger curls, sledgehammer walks and levers, two-hand pinch via a pipe through back-to-back 45 plates, and one hand pinch via 10lb plate stack. My other training involves squats, strict standing push press, double overhand axle deadlifts, and pull ups, which I've been doing for about one year now after a combination of boredom with cardio based gym workouts and feeling my manhood challenged after watching ladies exercise during some televised events. I lift about 3 times a week, but still get down with my rower, battle ropes, and even a workout DVD in my garage if the mood strikes me.

Grip training is a lot of fun for me and has rejuvenated my interest in working out, which I had been treating more as an obligation than a hobby until recently. I have lots of fun bringing my grippers into work and challenging people to close them along with seeing reactions from those who hear that there exists such a thing as grip sport. I've quite enjoyed reading the forums, especially the workout reports for all the great ideas. I appreciate being able to be part of an online community like this.

• Like 1

Oi. My name is Kyle and I live in Vancouver, WA (or the Couve if you prefer). My history of grip training is quite short, only going back about 9 months now. I developed an interest in grippers after watching YouTube videos on Magnus Samuelsson out of nostalgia for World's Strongest Man. I was able to close a COC #2 the first time I picked one up and have progressed to MMS a GHP #6 and am about 0.25cm off from MMS on my COC #3; I'm thinking my COC #3 is relatively light though as I have 3xTetting GMs and I miss all those by ~1cm.

In any case, my grip training priority is grippers and my overall working goal is to certify as a Cap'n of Crush on the #3 in a next year or so. Beyond the crush, I hit lots of other grip feats: hub, rolling handle deadlift, finger curls, sledgehammer walks and levers, two-hand pinch via a pipe through back-to-back 45 plates, and one hand pinch via 10lb plate stack. My other training involves squats, strict standing push press, double overhand axle deadlifts, and pull ups, which I've been doing for about one year now after a combination of boredom with cardio based gym workouts and feeling my manhood challenged after watching ladies exercise during some televised events. I lift about 3 times a week, but still get down with my rower, battle ropes, and even a workout DVD in my garage if the mood strikes me.

Grip training is a lot of fun for me and has rejuvenated my interest in working out, which I had been treating more as an obligation than a hobby until recently. I have lots of fun bringing my grippers into work and challenging people to close them along with seeing reactions from those who hear that there exists such a thing as grip sport. I've quite enjoyed reading the forums, especially the workout reports for all the great ideas. I appreciate being able to be part of an online community like this.

Welcome! I'm right over the river from you.

Hi! My name is Immanuel and i am 18 years old, 6' 5" tall and weigh 225lb. I am born and raised in Sweden. I have been training grip for a few years but have had 1-1,5 years of non grip traning. But now i have found new inspiration. My best gripper feat is CoC 3 20mm block and CoC 2,5 CCS with my right hand. Signing up to this forum with my expectations of learning new things and sharing grip feats.

Edited by greppstark
  • Like 1

Hi! My name is Immanuel and i am 18 years old, 6' 5" tall and weigh 225lb. I am born and raised in Sweden. I have been training grip for a few years but have had 1-1,5 years of non grip traning. But now i have found new inspiration. My best gripper feat is CoC 3 20mm block and CoC 2,5 CCS with my right hand. Signing up to this forum with my expectations of learning new things and sharing grip feats.

Welcome to the board...can't wait to follow your progress

• Like 1

Welcome to the board...can't wait to follow your progress

Thanks man! Will start a journal now actually :)
  • Like 1