NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi everyone. Names tren (my discord name too if anyone recognizes me) been training grip for around 6-7 years although very inconsistent with it. I’m 22. Been lifting for 9 years. Best closes are 185rgc #3.5, 176 ghp 8 and tns a 151 #3. Id say I’m really happy of being first person to close a GG6 at a convention with grip genie although it definitely felt like an easier gg6 than the one I have here at home. My hands are tiny at 7in flat. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kurtwpg said:

Welcome Tren! Are you planning to certify #3?

Probably not. Goal would be #3.5 but I do fear my hands are much too small to actually be able to ccs it

Thanks for the add! My name is Seth Stewart I’m originally from Athens, GA, but now reside in Lebanon, TN. I’m 35 years old and just started working on my grip strength really this year. I started with the CoC trainer and have worked up to the 1.5. The reason I wanted to get into grip is because “TooTall” (Chad Woodall) is my cousin and we grew up looking up to what he was doing and the accomplishments he made all while having a blast. I wanna be a grip beast like him! Any advice or tips anyone can share I’m all ears. I look forward to getting to know some of y’all and sharing my grip journey along the way! Thanks! 

• Like 7

Welcome to the board Seth! Keep working hard brother.  You got this! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Welcome to the board Seth! Keep working hard brother.  You got this! 

Also, good to see you around Chad!!!

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Also, good to see you around Chad!!!

Thank you. Glad to be back. 

• Like 1

Hellp folks,

I am Cassidy.  Sporadic calisthenics, rock climbing and working in the trades is the only strength or fitness endeavors I have engaged in until last year.  About a year ago I realized that "young" was no longer a term applicable to this beat up body of mine, so I started strength training. Somehow got really into grippers and sorta tried mixing in grip implements for a few months. At some point I tried and failed bending a nail. 

I  got serious about bending after the first 60d timer tie bent, wrapped in old leather glove cuffs. That same nail stopped me dead in my tracks .  So I worked, worked, worked and about six months later (last month) a BSC Moose Bar went down straight outa the mail.

Anyway.   Glad to be here. 

• Like 6

On 11/03/2024 at 18:22, TrenGrip said:

Probablement pas. L'objectif serait #3.5 mais je crains que mes mains soient beaucoup trop petites pour pouvoir le mettre en copie.

congratulations on your huge closure and given your 7 inch hands you give me courage. your strength is obviously enormous and I find it a shame that there is a certificate too large for your hands with this card.. I believe it would take an inch or less to certify and not stigmatize some who cannot be certified due to hands that are too small.. I say this for equality among all and not for a debate or to argue ;;; congratulations

1 hour ago, steeve tremblay said:

congratulations on your huge closure and given your 7 inch hands you give me courage. your strength is obviously enormous and I find it a shame that there is a certificate too large for your hands with this card.. I believe it would take an inch or less to certify and not stigmatize some who cannot be certified due to hands that are too small.. I say this for equality among all and not for a debate or to argue ;;; congratulations

thank you!! Ill still be trying my hardest to ccs a #3.5 but for now i dont know how possible it really is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know what it is my hands are 7 and 3 quarter inch but my little finger is really small compared to the others. I want to certify myself for the 3 I lack a little training but I am for the 38 mm block because it is fairer it seems to me as Carl Gillingham mentioned

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Will & I’m mid fifties.

I’ve started taking a bit more interest in my grip training lately . I have always done some grip based work through my training for Bjj & strength sports. I’m just enjoying playing with some grip implements at the min.

Im in the future looking to train for a few grip feats including a big dumbbell lift like a circus bell or the like.

Super new to actually training my grip so looking forward to just having some fun, learning some new stuff & hopefully gaining some advice off of people who know their stuff. 
Prib going to start a log to help keep myself accountable.

Cheers & look forward to hearing from members of the board. 

• Like 4

Hello,

I am Povilas, a 23 year old guy that likes gripping. I was introduced to grip sport over a year ago by my friend, who also recently showed me this website. 

I participate in Lithuanian Armlifting competitions. The next one will be July 6 and there will be 4 exercises: Ironmind Axle, Rolling thunder, Silver bullet and Little Big Horn. My PRs on these are 105 kg, 63 kg, CoC 2 for 3 sec and 55 kg. I hope to amp these numbers to 115 kg, 68 kg, CoC 2.5 for 10 sec and 60 kg by July 6.

Feel free to message me with questions, tips and etc.

Take care everyone.

• Like 5

Hey everyone. A long time since I've been here! I figured I'd start over in the "new guy" area. 

Been gripping for a long time.. level one mash monster circa 2011. 

Not anywhere close to where I used to be, but I have the time to get back into the game. I look forward to lurking and contributing to the grip community. 

Matt

• Like 4

Good Day ,

My Name is Giannis, i am 42 Years Young , Weigh 100Kg approximately & i live in the Beautiful City of Piraeus , Greece.

Strength Training is in my Nature  , it is my Top Favorite Hobby , my "Psychologist", my Close Friend , and Generally what keeps me in Great Shape , In Spirit & Body , to keep battling what ever life throws at me.

I have recently decided to add Grip Training to my Strength Routine  as i find it extremely fascinating , Unique & Intense Training , aside from its practicality & the tremendous advantages it can give to an owner of Strong Hands in every aspect of life.

Regarding Grip Tools , I own 50mm & 10mm Pinch Blocks , Ironmind Hub  , CoC Grippers Trainer to No3 , some bands for finger extension, a Rolling Thunder &  a Wrist Roller  (Any recommendations for other grip tools are welcome)

Now on , on how to set up a Structured Program to accompany  my existing Strength Training Routine.

Glad to be here ,

Giannis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Giannis said:

Good Day ,

My Name is Giannis, i am 42 Years Young , Weigh 100Kg approximately & i live in the Beautiful City of Piraeus , Greece.

Strength Training is in my Nature  , it is my Top Favorite Hobby , my "Psychologist", my Close Friend , and Generally what keeps me in Great Shape , In Spirit & Body , to keep battling what ever life throws at me.

I have recently decided to add Grip Training to my Strength Routine  as i find it extremely fascinating , Unique & Intense Training , aside from its practicality & the tremendous advantages it can give to an owner of Strong Hands in every aspect of life.

Regarding Grip Tools , I own 50mm & 10mm Pinch Blocks , Ironmind Hub  , CoC Grippers Trainer to No3 , some bands for finger extension, a Rolling Thunder &  a Wrist Roller  (Any recommendations for other grip tools are welcome)

Now on , on how to set up a Structured Program to accompany  my existing Strength Training Routine.

Glad to be here ,

Giannis

Welcome! Sounds like you have everything that you need to start your grip journey. You will find a lot of information in regards to incorporating grip into your existing training. It will all depend on your goals and what you want to accomplish. 

1 hour ago, strongman2332 said:

Welcome! Sounds like you have everything that you need to start your grip journey. You will find a lot of information in regards to incorporating grip into your existing training. It will all depend on your goals and what you want to accomplish. 

Thank You for the Welcoming !  

Very generally i want to all around increase my strength of my Lower Arms since i believe my grip is kinda Weak over all.

For Example i can close the CoC #2 for 1- 2 reps each hand. Down the road i would like to set a goal of Pinch Lifitng 2 x 20kg plates 's & lifting 80kg with the RT.

• Like 1

hi) my name is Alexey, I’m 31 years old and I’m from Ukraine. I’ve been doing grip training for 5 years, but for the last 2 years I haven’t been involved in sports at all! I resumed training a couple of months ago. Now my maximum is GHP 6 CCS. I would like to get IM certification someday

• Like 5

Matt Beaton

Age 32

Weight 180lb

New to grip (less than a year)

Most interested in grippers.

• Like 3

I started grip training about 6 months ago. Managed 1 rep of the coc #3 after a 20 minute warm up about two weeks ago. Haven't managed it since. I get about 5mm away at best now. Have switched to two sets of 6-8 on the coc #2.5 but the last couple of reps in each set aren't great. 

I think I'll have to start wearing a mouth guard if this keeps up!

Would like to do reps of the #3.5 at some point.  I haven't lifted weights for over 25 years and I know I have a long way to get back to where I was.

Need to do more than just grippers if I want to progress any further I think. A rice bucket is in my near future.

Martin

PS. For some reason I can't register.  They say I fail the security test.

• Like 3

Hello everyone, Name is Mike, I’m 36, I am new to training grippers (started Jan) and am pretty excited about it (have got a pretty solid collection already in a pretty short period)

Ive been an athlete my whole life, most sports I’ve been into have required some form of grip strength and or endurance (BMX, Rock climbing, powerlifting) past 7-8 years I’ve been training and competing in jiujitsu, and am now teaching jiujitsu for a living.

I very much look forward to being apart of this community, learning as much as I can, and getting strong as hell.

thank you for having me

Edited by CruxGripman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CruxGripman said:

Hello everyone, Name is Mike, I’m 36, I am new to training grippers (started Jan) and am pretty excited about it (have got a pretty solid collection already in a pretty short period)

Ive been an athlete my whole life, most sports I’ve been into have required some form of grip strength and or endurance (BMX, Rock climbing, powerlifting) past 7-8 years I’ve been training and competing in jiujitsu, and am now teaching jiujitsu for a living.

I very much look forward to being apart of this community, learning as much as I can, and getting strong as hell.

thank you for having me

welcome Mike!

• Like 1

Hi! Name's Nikita. Started January by bending nails and realised that they slip, so got myself GD 90 and got hooked on training somehow. Now heading to coc 3.

• Like 2

Back on the board after a long break.  Curious if the Colorado scene has grown.  Also a bit overwhelmed by the number of companies selling gear now.

• Like 3