NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello there,

I am just starting out and still trying to get the feels of the forum. I have made a few posts hoping for a reply but to no avail. Everything on the internet says hands can't change but I myself am a working class guy and my Dad's friends all layed brick and those dudes had sledgehammers for fists. My Dad even told me they definitely were not like that before, for any one of us. One thing is clear is he did mention overtime by overtime at least a decade. With that being said, I am mainly doing this for A.) Aesthetics B.)Health. I play guitar for semi-professiuonal living but I also work part-time at a restaurant as well where my hands are often taking a slight beating i.e. cold and really high temperatures of liquids as well as sharp objects. Anyway, is there somewhere I can start that would help? I am a white belt and would like your direction if you can provide. I have a pull up/dip bar machine at home as well as a gym membership. Thanks a million. 

Elias

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heyy all, 

My name is Armaan, I'm 22 Years old 5'8" 133 pounds. Currently living in the UK for university but originally from India. 

Iv been lurking on the forum for a couple years now and training grippers for a similar amount of time, I can currently CCS a #2.5 and close a #3 with a choker on. Currently looking to eventually certify on the #3 with a MMS and CCS. 

Apart from grippers Iv been rock climbing for a couple years aswell and do that quite regularly. 

Glad to be part of this forum and looking forward to meet you all! 

• Like 5

On 9/24/2021 at 9:36 AM, DevilErik said:

Hey guys my name is Erik I am 24 years old 6'4 265

I started resistance training aproximately 5 years ago.

I train Upper/Lower 4 times a week.

I first discovered grip training through jujimufu's channel and I immediately thought it was interesting.

Juji got Jedd on his channel and after watching this particular video I decided to give grip training a go.

I tried Jedd's free grip program and instantly fell in love with grip.

I then started looking into grippers because I really wanted to try out grippers.

I asked Jedd about it in his 31 days of Q&A and he answered my question and recommended the ivanko super gripper because at that time I had mentioned that I wasn't interested in closing big grippers I just wanted it to carry over to my gym lifts.

After receiving my Ivanko in the mail and trying it out I was hooked and I have been training grip ever since.

I first started out doing a program I wrote myself which basically consisted of holds.

About a week later I decided to start doing actual reps because I was having so much fun that I stopped caring about the  carry over that I initially wanted.

I started doing low volume triples and this worked very well I quickly gained strength.

After this I started testing my max on grippers and that went really well too.

So I added maxes to my program.

After adding maxes I started progressing even faster.

I did get hurt in the first few months because I tried a hold I could not close with one hand so I closed it with 2 hands and the gripper ripped my hand open and caused a bruise on my palm so I had to quit for a few weeks.

After a couple of months I came across other types of training on gripboard and discovered nathan holle's program. I decided to give attempts a try and my stength sky rocketed after 9 months of training I closed the second highest setting on my ivanko. I was blasting heavy metal through my speakers and was crazy hyped up so I forgot to rest and tried another attempt which was very stupid.

I had to take 3 weeks off because I had severe knuckle pain.

I came back to grip training after those 3 weeks thinking I hadn't lost any strength.

Boy was I wrong I had nearly lost all of my strength and I kinda wanted to give up but I decided not to because I liked it too much and having fun comes before progress.

After building up every thing again I am now nearly closing the highest setting on my Ivanko Super Gripper after touching it for the very first time in April 2020.

I am still doing nathan holle's program and my thick bar and pinch are also progressing very fast.

I love reading on gripboard and I do this nearly every day.

My goals are to close a number 4 CoC pinch 2 45 pound plates and lift the inch db.

I also have the Vulcan V2 gripper with the CROM spring which I absolutely love.

Welcome @DevilErik!

On 9/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Whats good its ya boi Jermiah, I've already been around the gripboard a bit but i thought i'd formally introduce myself

I started training in roughly may of 2018, Since then shit just spiralled out of control, I went from a 60kg twig to a 135kg strongman who is obsessed with grip

As for grip itself i've only been training it since late March when i got my full set of CoC grippers

I discovered grip like Erik did through Juji's channel, Specifically his video with Larry Wheels

I train 5 days a week with a combination of powerlifting and strongman movements but am also an amateur arm wrestler by hobby

As for grip training i usually throw my grip stuff in before i go to the gym on a heavy day since i do my heavy days when my body is feeling primed, Which makes sense in the context of grip

I train grip once or twice a week depending on how my hands and CNS are feeling, I usually do 4 super heavy attempts on a big gripper like the 3.5 or the GHP 9 (yeah massive jump i know) And then do my main closes consisting of either a GHP 8 or a #3 if i'm feeling particularly shit

Contrary to my training logs i do indeed do other implements i just don't put them in there because its not in the context of what i'm trying to do

I have some lofty lifetime goals, I wish to cert on the #4 one day and perhaps deep set close the GHP 10

I also play piano, Because these massive ham hocks on the ends of my forearms have dexterity surprisingly

Welcome @Jermiah Merciconah!

On 9/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, sportsroyals14 said:

Hello there,

I am just starting out and still trying to get the feels of the forum. I have made a few posts hoping for a reply but to no avail. Everything on the internet says hands can't change but I myself am a working class guy and my Dad's friends all layed brick and those dudes had sledgehammers for fists. My Dad even told me they definitely were not like that before, for any one of us. One thing is clear is he did mention overtime by overtime at least a decade. With that being said, I am mainly doing this for A.) Aesthetics B.)Health. I play guitar for semi-professiuonal living but I also work part-time at a restaurant as well where my hands are often taking a slight beating i.e. cold and really high temperatures of liquids as well as sharp objects. Anyway, is there somewhere I can start that would help? I am a white belt and would like your direction if you can provide. I have a pull up/dip bar machine at home as well as a gym membership. Thanks a million. 

Elias

Welcome @sportsroyals14!

23 hours ago, Armaan said:

Heyy all, 

My name is Armaan, I'm 22 Years old 5'8" 133 pounds. Currently living in the UK for university but originally from India. 

Iv been lurking on the forum for a couple years now and training grippers for a similar amount of time, I can currently CCS a #2.5 and close a #3 with a choker on. Currently looking to eventually certify on the #3 with a MMS and CCS. 

Apart from grippers Iv been rock climbing for a couple years aswell and do that quite regularly. 

Welcome @Armaan!

On 10/20/2021 at 3:15 AM, Armaan said:

Heyy all, 

Very impressive gripper closes, especially only weighing about 60 kilos!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my name is Josh Culpepper. I have been a lurker here for a few years. I have dabbled in the grip game for a few years but recently decided to get serious. 

I just competed in my first ever comp, the King Kong. It was pretty cool and I think I am hooked now. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone, my name is Terry and I'm a  grip enthusiast. I've been collecting grip tools and grippers for about 2 years now. I'm also into the history of grip (and strength and iron in general). Some of you on here have some amazing pieces of history and I enjoy reading your stories and some cool pics in the gallery section. 

My short term goal is to reach the MMS0 level and in general to be able to close all my 300lbs grippers. (300lbs meaning as they come from each company, not rated obviously) and I'm really close in achieving both. 

I'm 6'1", 295lbs and 40 years old. I've competed in powerlifting and strongman for several years now. Grip came to my life in 2019 but it was always around as some form of challenge in the gym. So I guess it was a matter of time for me to add it to my weekly routine. 

I also have a youtube channel were I post some of my training sessions, along with some hand gripper review videos. 

I'm certified as a strength coach under Westside Barbell 

Find me on YouTube and IG under:

Terry Conjugate Iron 

Edited by Terry Gripperaddicted
  • Like 6

On 11/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Hi everyone, my name is Terry and I'm a  grip enthusiast. I've been collecting grip tools and grippers for about 2 years now. I'm also into the history of grip (and strength and iron in general). Some of you on here have some amazing pieces of history and I enjoy reading your stories and some cool pics in the gallery section. 

My short term goal is to reach the MMS0 level and in general to be able to close all my 300lbs grippers. (300lbs meaning as they come from each company, not rated obviously) and I'm really close in achieving both. 

I'm 6'1", 295lbs and 40 years old. I've competed in powerlifting and strongman for several years now. Grip came to my life in 2019 but it was always around as some form of challenge in the gym. So I guess it was a matter of time for me to add it to my weekly routine. 

I also have a youtube channel were I post some of my training sessions, along with some hand gripper review videos 

Find me on YouTube and IG under:

Terry strength coach 

Welcome @Terry Gripperaddicted!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

Appreciate it! I love this community! I added the link in the description to my YouTube clips 👌

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I am Dylan.

I can do a 1 arm push up. I can probably close a #1 but own a #1.5 CoC.

I have been doing general grip work for perhaps a month now. I hope to beat all the world records. I also lack dedication.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 9:10 AM, jculpepper said:

Hi all, my name is Josh Culpepper. I have been a lurker here for a few years. I have dabbled in the grip game for a few years but recently decided to get serious. 

I just competed in my first ever comp, the King Kong. It was pretty cool and I think I am hooked now. 

Welcome Josh! @jculpepper

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Hello I am Dylan.

I can do a 1 arm push up. I can probably close a #1 but own a #1.5 CoC.

I have been doing general grip work for perhaps a month now. I hope to beat all the world records. I also lack dedication.

Welcome @Dylan !

14 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Welcome Josh! @jculpepper

Thanks, I am really enjoying the website. It's nice to connect with guys who have similar interests. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Hglowry said:

I'm Harold Lowry. One of the guys with shortsteelbending.com. Anyway my interests are bemding, grip, and abbreviated training.

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Thatdude said:

Hey everybody. I'm From Kentucky and More into armwreslting myself... but wouldn't be aposed to getting into grip.

Welcome! @Thatdude

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody,

Decided to get involved in the Grip Forum. 32 years of age - 5'8 - 220lbs with Giant Forearms passed down to me from Mother and Father. Some of you might already know who i am - 

Hope you are all doing well 👍💪

Tom 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

Hey Everybody,

Decided to get involved in the Grip Forum. 32 years of age - 5'8 - 220lbs with Giant Forearms passed down to me from Mother and Father. Some of you might already know who i am - 

Hope you are all doing well 👍💪

Tom 

Welcome Tom!

I am subscribed to your youtube channel haha.

You have some crazy forearms dude.

Hopefully I will be able to get to your level of forearm development if I put in the work for a couple of years.

I can't really train my forearms atm due to health problems so I am maintaining with grippers.

My forearms are 34 cm straight arm relaxed at 6'4 265 lbs.

Yours are on another level.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Welcome Tom!

I am subscribed to your youtube channel haha.

You have some crazy forearms dude.

Hopefully I will be able to get to your level of forearm development if I put in the work for a couple of years.

I can't really train my forearms atm due to health problems so I am maintaining with grippers.

My forearms are 34 cm straight arm relaxed at 6'4 265 lbs.

Yours are on another level.

I was gifted with thick bone structure and long muscle belly insertions with the advantage of also having good grip strength.  

Get your health back to 100% and feel free to ask me anything regarding Grip / Forearm Training. 

Thanks

Tom 💪👍

5 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

I was gifted with thick bone structure and long muscle belly insertions with the advantage of also having good grip strength.  

Get your health back to 100% and feel free to ask me anything regarding Grip / Forearm Training. 

Thanks

Tom 💪👍

I was kinda wondering what your forearm routine looks like I would normally do 2 sets for all angles of the wrist twice of a week + hammer or reverse curls but idk whether that is too much or too little volume.

Everyone including experts with PHD's say different things regarding forearm training volume and exercise selection.

I am looking for a good forearm routine and you are obviously the right person to ask haha.

My gripper strength is getting there but I don't really know anything about forearm training.

This is me levering a 6kg sledgehammer.

Edited by DevilErik

13 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I was kinda wondering what your forearm routine looks like I would normally do 2 sets for all angles of the wrist twice of a week + hammer or reverse curls but idk whether that is too much or too little volume.

Everyone including experts with PHD's say different things regarding forearm training volume and exercise selection.

I am looking for a good forearm routine and you are obviously the right person to ask haha.

My gripper strength is getting there but I don't really know anything about forearm training.

This is me levering a 6kg sledgehammer.

Okay so.... I firmly believe you HAVE to lift heavy to build forearms. The Volume work comes after a Heavy session on Wrist Curls Wrist Rollers Reverse Curls.... I use volume work as a finisher to Heavy Forearm work. 

What most people forget is that you need to grow your body as a whole in order to see " Good gains " So this means respecting the basics of bodybuilding / powerlifting movements Eg Deadlifts Rows weighted chins / Dips Squats Farmer walks the list goes on.

Isolating Forearms is ok but you MUST remember to include Compounds movements for sufficient growth to be noticable.

I hit Forearms twice a week or three if you include my Grip session but obviously that isnt geared towards mass.

Start adding Fat Gripz to your pulling Movements ( back training) Then finish off with a volume burn out of Wrist Roller or whatever it is you like to do as burn outs.

Also what is your Calorie intake like?

Thanks

Tom 💪👍

13 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

Okay so.... I firmly believe you HAVE to lift heavy to build forearms. The Volume work comes after a Heavy session on Wrist Curls Wrist Rollers Reverse Curls.... I use volume work as a finisher to Heavy Forearm work. 

What most people forget is that you need to grow your body as a whole in order to see " Good gains " So this means respecting the basics of bodybuilding / powerlifting movements Eg Deadlifts Rows weighted chins / Dips Squats Farmer walks the list goes on.

Isolating Forearms is ok but you MUST remember to include Compounds movements for sufficient growth to be noticable.

I hit Forearms twice a week or three if you include my Grip session but obviously that isnt geared towards mass.

Start adding Fat Gripz to your pulling Movements ( back training) Then finish off with a volume burn out of Wrist Roller or whatever it is you like to do as burn outs.

Also what is your Calorie intake like?

Thanks

Tom 💪👍

I am currently eating at maintenance I understand I have to be in a surplus in order to gain muscle.

I used to have a thickbar day and a pinch day but I have had to drop everything for a while.

I am currently only doing grippers twice a week and some dynamic pinch with a pony clamp.

So fatgripz on pulling movements heavy wrist curls wrist roller and reverse curls are basically your bread and butter and the rest can be counted as accessory work?

And with heavy you mean like 6-10 reps or lower than that?

Heavy for me is 1-3 reps so I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Edited by DevilErik

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

I am currently eating at maintenance I understand I have to be in a surplus in order to gain muscle.

I used to have a thickbar day and a pinch day but I have had to drop everything for a while.

I am currently only doing grippers twice a week and some dynamic pinch with a pony clamp.

So fatgripz on pulling movents heavy wrist curls wrist roller and reverse curls are basically your bread and butter and the rest can be counted as accessory work?

Just try get those Calories above Maintenance but not too much. 

Grip training wont really help towards building Forearm mass you need bodybuilding / Armwrestling type movements. 

My go to exercises are Barbell Wrist Curls done in a Rack with support pins ( Curl from a dead stop ) With Fat gripz. I also love DB Wrist curls or Chuck Sipes wrist curls with a kettlebell. Behind the back Wrist curls rolling all the way down to finger tips is another great one.

Fat handle Wrist Roller working the supination is very effective. Fat Grip Chin ups or Fat grip Neutral Pull ups. 

Fat grip seated cable Rows thumbless grip. Fat grip seated pull down using a V bar and again Thumblessgrip.  

Heavy Farmer walks are so underrated but so effective... 

Hope this helps mate 💪👍

• Like 1

Just now, RosboArms said:

Just try get those Calories above Maintenance but not too much. 

Grip training wont really help towards building Forearm mass you need bodybuilding / Armwrestling type movements. 

My go to exercises are Barbell Wrist Curls done in a Rack with support pins ( Curl from a dead stop ) With Fat gripz. I also love DB Wrist curls or Chuck Sipes wrist curls with a kettlebell. Behind the back Wrist curls rolling all the way down to finger tips is another great one.

Fat handle Wrist Roller working the supination is very effective. Fat Grip Chin ups or Fat grip Neutral Pull ups. 

Fat grip seated cable Rows thumbless grip. Fat grip seated pull down using a V bar and again Thumblessgrip.  

Heavy Farmer walks are so underrated but so effective... 

Hope this helps mate 💪👍

That definitely helps thanks a lot mate!

• Like 1