NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Welcome Beef Supreme, hope you have fun here there are a lot of motivational training logs to read. Glad you got the hand bands as it does help to get a good balance. You have to aim high, I have found the closer you get to a No3 close the harder it gets I wish you well in reaching your goal.

• Like 1

Hello gripboard
My name is MarkP and i have been training captains of crush for about 5 years. I am 26 yrs old and from the Netherlands.
Ive recently started doing expand your hand bands, wrist roller and  radial+unvar deviation too with dumbbell with weight on 1 side.
My goal is getting 15 inch forearms and closing the captains of crush 3.0.
Currently I can close the CoC 2.5 with right hand and my forearm measures at 34 cm, while my wrist is 17 cm. So my forearms are twice as big as my wrists but i want to get my forearms as freaky as possible.
I have dreams of becoming arm wrestler. But i think that will take a lot of training

Here is a pic of me and my forearm and a video of me closing 2.5

Edited by markp
  • Like 1

Hi everyone my names Steve I’m new to the gripboard,I’m 35 years of age and always been into strength of any kind, thanks for having me.I’ve just purchased a coc2 and 3,after looking at a few clips of how to set a gripper I closed the coc2 at my first attempt, tried the 3 but got nowhere how would close this beast lol, cheers guys.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

Hey Gripboard,

My name is Nick and in 2020 I got back into gripper training. I originally got into grip training in 2015 with hand grippers and building my own grip equipment/handles. My goal from the start was to close a CoC #3 which I achieved within a few months (MMS close). When all the gyms closed (due to COVID) I thought it was a great time to get back into grip and try to officially certify. I certified on the GHP #7 just before then end of the year and I hope to cert on the #8 this year and possibly the CoC #3. I'm a lefty and currently I can close CoC #3 for 5 reps with a MMS and the GHP #7 for 3 reps MMS. I am also getting better at setting the GHP #8 but I do struggle with setting heavy grippers. 

I have always been a long time lurker of this forum and have gained a lot of info, finally glad to now be apart of the community!

Cheers 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, rphilton said:

Hey folks, just getting back into grip training this year after 10 years off. My goals are to certify on the #3, first and foremost, then knock out the Crushed to Dust certification lifts. Current bests are 6 MMS reps on COC 2.5 and 1 rep TNS on the COC 2 righty.  I've hit an MMS double lefty with the COC 2.5. I train pinch and thickbar as an afterthought now (in addition to training my whole body for health and strength) but will switch that around after the #3 cert. Nice to meet you all!

On 2/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, Beef Supreme said:

Hello there, 

my name is Alex, 32 from Germany. I'm quite new to grip training. I got a used CoC #1 & #2 from a buddy of mine a few months back. And to be honest, I haven't bee using them since. But since all gyms closed down due to the pandemic here in Germany, I've started to focus on rather "unusual things" to train. Farmer's walks with kegs, pushing cars, chopping all of my neighbour's wood etc. etc. And I noticed that my grip wasn't that good. That's when I started to use the CoC grippers on a regular bases and kept looking for other grip related training methods.

I started to train with grippers a few weeks back. Currently I can close the CoC#1 quite easily for 3-4 Sets of 10-15 reps on each hand. & CoC#2 for 2-3 reps on each hand. I've also picked up the IronMind Expand-your-Hand-Bands and build me some DIY wrist rollers and a plate loading pin to train with.
I'd like to close the CoC #3 this year, but since I have no real experience in grip training, I do not know if that's realistic and how long it takes to be able to close it. 
But to put it in a nutshell ... Grip Training is a lot of fun for me and I'm glad I've found this forum.

Cheers

On 2/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, markp said:

Hello gripboard
My name is MarkP and i have been training captains of crush for about 5 years. I am 26 yrs old and from the Netherlands.
Ive recently started doing expand your hand bands, wrist roller and  radial+unvar deviation too with dumbbell with weight on 1 side.
My goal is getting 15 inch forearms and closing the captains of crush 3.0.
Currently I can close the CoC 2.5 with right hand and my forearm measures at 34 cm, while my wrist is 17 cm. So my forearms are twice as big as my wrists but i want to get my forearms as freaky as possible.
I have dreams of becoming arm wrestler. But i think that will take a lot of training

Here is a pic of me and my forearm and a video of me closing 2.5

DSC_0105.JPG

On 2/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, Steve said:

Hi everyone my names Steve I’m new to the gripboard,I’m 35 years of age and always been into strength of any kind, thanks for having me.I’ve just purchased a coc2 and 3,after looking at a few clips of how to set a gripper I closed the coc2 at my first attempt, tried the 3 but got nowhere how would close this beast lol, cheers guys.

3 hours ago, Nick Pace said:

Hey Gripboard,

My name is Nick and in 2020 I got back into gripper training. I originally got into grip training in 2015 with hand grippers and building my own grip equipment/handles. My goal from the start was to close a CoC #3 which I achieved within a few months (MMS close). When all the gyms closed (due to COVID) I thought it was a great time to get back into grip and try to officially certify. I certified on the GHP #7 just before then end of the year and I hope to cert on the #8 this year and possibly the CoC #3. I'm a lefty and currently I can close CoC #3 for 5 reps with a MMS and the GHP #7 for 3 reps MMS. I am also getting better at setting the GHP #8 but I do struggle with setting heavy grippers. 

I have always been a long time lurker of this forum and have gained a lot of info, finally glad to now be apart of the community!

Cheers 

Welcome to our new members!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Guess who’s back... to resurrect some threads! Put some action into this place!

Nice to see you back on Gripboard Joe!

8 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yea man. It’s been kind of sleepy around here. Gotta spice it up a bit. Good to be back.

I believe your old account is still around and you can go to that. What was the username?  I forget frankly.

1 minute ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yea know it’s gone. Tried it already a few times.  

You are right. It is gone.

Hello everyone, my name is Michael, I'm 29 years old, and I am new to grip training. 

I haven't done any grip training before, and am quite excited to start. I have ordered a bunch of grippers, but they are yet to arrive. 

I have also bought Bill Piche's Radical Reps Baseline Training, and have read Mastery of Hand Strenght by John Brookfield. 

My main goal is to ilearn more about grip, improve my grip strength, and have fun. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, Michael9980 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Michael, I'm 29 years old, and I am new to grip training. 

I haven't done any grip training before, and am quite excited to start. I have ordered a bunch of grippers, but they are yet to arrive. 

I have also bought Bill Piche's Radical Reps Baseline Training, and have read Mastery of Hand Strenght by John Brookfield. 

My main goal is to ilearn more about grip, improve my grip strength, and have fun. 

Welcome Michael to the gripboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.  New to grip training here with a similar "can't go to the gym because of covid" story.  I only have a limited amount of equipment in my apartment to maintain a pretty basic lifting routine so I thought I'd try something new. 

Bought a CoC #1 off of craigslist since it was the only type on there and I had heard not to overestimate.  So I've been training 3x a week 3x20 with that for 2 weeks now.  I've since purchased a 2, 2.5 and a 3 in the last couple days and am doing the 2 for 10 and the 2.5 TNS for 2.  The 3 seems impossible once the handles are about an inch apart but some helpful beginner training routines on reddit have me thinking I can get it done eventually. 

For reference, I'm 6'2 220lbs.  I haven't specifically trained grip before although my job would be considered demanding on the wrists/hands.  I've also, throughout my bodybuilding/powerlifting, emphasized not using straps until necessary and pinch carrying bumper plates to the platform instead of rolling them, etc. 

Looking forward to getting more into this and checking out all of the info on here! 

Thanks. 

• Like 3

On 3/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, Zealeo said:

Hey everyone.  New to grip training here with a similar "can't go to the gym because of covid" story.  I only have a limited amount of equipment in my apartment to maintain a pretty basic lifting routine so I thought I'd try something new. 

Bought a CoC #1 off of craigslist since it was the only type on there and I had heard not to overestimate.  So I've been training 3x a week 3x20 with that for 2 weeks now.  I've since purchased a 2, 2.5 and a 3 in the last couple days and am doing the 2 for 10 and the 2.5 TNS for 2.  The 3 seems impossible once the handles are about an inch apart but some helpful beginner training routines on reddit have me thinking I can get it done eventually. 

For reference, I'm 6'2 220lbs.  I haven't specifically trained grip before although my job would be considered demanding on the wrists/hands.  I've also, throughout my bodybuilding/powerlifting, emphasized not using straps until necessary and pinch carrying bumper plates to the platform instead of rolling them, etc. 

Looking forward to getting more into this and checking out all of the info on here! 

Thanks. 

On 2/26/2021 at 7:26 AM, Michael9980 said:

Welcome to the board!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I've been lurking here on and off for more than 10 years. Just registered this week though as I finally took the dangerous plunge into buying grip stuff 😛 The pandemic has taken all my training into my own home - and this board has been an inspiration for years for me.

Like many feats of grip strength have interested me from an entertainment perspective but my long story is that I always had trouble with ball sports because of finger weakness. Jams, sprains, twists - all held me back in basketball, baseball and later Aussie footy. About 4 years ago after ANOTHER thumb injury from a bad football catch I decided I needed to train my hands. My kids were interested in climbing and so I began basic gymnastics hand and wrist conditioning, and eventually moved into more climbing (indoor top rope, then bouldering) - and realizing just HOW weak my hand structures really were. So I did my research and built myself a pulley system and bought a Tension Grindstone hangboard. 35mm to 10mm edges in 5mm increments. The basics of ground based hand & wrist strength + hangboard training + rice bucket + sledgehammer + basic pinching + extensor bands have brought me pretty far - but this place shows me how much more I could possibly go.

My training history outside grip is swimming, triathalons, RKC era kettlebells, CrossFit, Oly lifting, back to swimming, climbing and then...stuck in my house for a year! I'm a dabbler, I admit it, but what I tell myself and my spouse is that I'm just collecting a lifetime of exercise habits and activities. Nearly 40, 6'1, 185ish. Been as heavy as 220 when Oly lifting. Squatted just shy 2x bodyweight in that era. Same for deadlifts. I've always been faster than I am strong - maintaining a bodyweight snatch has been easier than any pressing benchmark.

What do I want to do with grip and training?

• Climbing is a modest goal - ascending the bouldering grades indoors, having some outdoor playtime on the local rocks, and rocks when I travel. All the climbing tests are hanging on a 15-20mm edge - and I can't even do that yet with my own bodyweight!
  • Grow up to be like Chris Rice - to tread the path of longevity, fitness, contribution
  • The slow road to the Inch - @Andrew P sold me a FBBC Pro Dumbbell handle recently and I've tested myself at 116 with good style. That's a long way - but gotta start somewhere
  • Ticking the 2x bodyweight deadlift escaped me before - but it's not too late if I am diligent. Bonus if I can do it on blue Fat Gripz!
  • Achieving the RKC/StrongFirst 1/2 bodyweight KB press - a weakness, but also addressing a general strength level I should achieve and maintain 

Where am I now - I've finally built myself a little basement training space with enough weights (KBs, standard loadable DBs, and plates) and a few toys to keep me interested. @AdamTGlass has been an inspiration for a decade+ (thanks for answering my IG questions!) I don't have any training questions that haven't already been answered thus far. But I do have an equipment question - is there a good 1" or 27-28mm rolling handle on the market? I need something to strap kettlebells to for farmers walking - but it'd be great to have something rolling I could attach the various Fat Gripz widths to - and also to the ceiling mounts for pull-ups/hangs. Obviously the texture of such a thing wouldn't be a direct carryover to a RT/Crusher/etc - and no doubt I can collect something in that area at time - but finding a general use rolling handle pair could be a good start?

Thanks - and glad to be part of this legendary community!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:53 AM, Phil S said:

Hello! I've been lurking here on and off for more than 10 years. Just registered this week though as I finally took the dangerous plunge into buying grip stuff 😛 The pandemic has taken all my training into my own home - and this board has been an inspiration for years for me.

Like many feats of grip strength have interested me from an entertainment perspective but my long story is that I always had trouble with ball sports because of finger weakness. Jams, sprains, twists - all held me back in basketball, baseball and later Aussie footy. About 4 years ago after ANOTHER thumb injury from a bad football catch I decided I needed to train my hands. My kids were interested in climbing and so I began basic gymnastics hand and wrist conditioning, and eventually moved into more climbing (indoor top rope, then bouldering) - and realizing just HOW weak my hand structures really were. So I did my research and built myself a pulley system and bought a Tension Grindstone hangboard. 35mm to 10mm edges in 5mm increments. The basics of ground based hand & wrist strength + hangboard training + rice bucket + sledgehammer + basic pinching + extensor bands have brought me pretty far - but this place shows me how much more I could possibly go.

My training history outside grip is swimming, triathalons, RKC era kettlebells, CrossFit, Oly lifting, back to swimming, climbing and then...stuck in my house for a year! I'm a dabbler, I admit it, but what I tell myself and my spouse is that I'm just collecting a lifetime of exercise habits and activities. Nearly 40, 6'1, 185ish. Been as heavy as 220 when Oly lifting. Squatted just shy 2x bodyweight in that era. Same for deadlifts. I've always been faster than I am strong - maintaining a bodyweight snatch has been easier than any pressing benchmark.

What do I want to do with grip and training?

• Climbing is a modest goal - ascending the bouldering grades indoors, having some outdoor playtime on the local rocks, and rocks when I travel. All the climbing tests are hanging on a 15-20mm edge - and I can't even do that yet with my own bodyweight!
  • Grow up to be like Chris Rice - to tread the path of longevity, fitness, contribution
  • The slow road to the Inch - @Andrew P sold me a FBBC Pro Dumbbell handle recently and I've tested myself at 116 with good style. That's a long way - but gotta start somewhere
  • Ticking the 2x bodyweight deadlift escaped me before - but it's not too late if I am diligent. Bonus if I can do it on blue Fat Gripz!
  • Achieving the RKC/StrongFirst 1/2 bodyweight KB press - a weakness, but also addressing a general strength level I should achieve and maintain 

Where am I now - I've finally built myself a little basement training space with enough weights (KBs, standard loadable DBs, and plates) and a few toys to keep me interested. @AdamTGlass has been an inspiration for a decade+ (thanks for answering my IG questions!) I don't have any training questions that haven't already been answered thus far. But I do have an equipment question - is there a good 1" or 27-28mm rolling handle on the market? I need something to strap kettlebells to for farmers walking - but it'd be great to have something rolling I could attach the various Fat Gripz widths to - and also to the ceiling mounts for pull-ups/hangs. Obviously the texture of such a thing wouldn't be a direct carryover to a RT/Crusher/etc - and no doubt I can collect something in that area at time - but finding a general use rolling handle pair could be a good start?

Thanks - and glad to be part of this legendary community!

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow gripsters! :grin:

I recently joined the forum just a few days ago. I am also pretty new to the grip sport, having startet training crushing grip this January. I startet out with the CoC #1,2,3 as my first grippers, and could close the #2 with pretty shaky form and decent effort when I first tried. #3 felt very tough at first (ended up being 152lbs).As of now I recently closed my #3 from a MMS, and am further training towards greater feats of strength in the gripper department. :)

I currently live and study in Germany an am 23 years old.

Edited by Alexander Koss

On 5/18/2021 at 5:50 AM, Alexander Koss said:

Hello fellow gripsters! :grin:

I recently joined the forum just a few days ago. I am also pretty new to the grip sport, having startet training crushing grip this January. I startet out with the CoC #1,2,3 as my first grippers, and could close the #2 with pretty shaky form and decent effort when I first tried. #3 felt very tough at first (ended up being 152lbs).As of now I recently closed my #3 from a MMS, and am further training towards greater feats of strength in the gripper department. :)

I currently live and study in Germany an am 23 years old.

Welcome @Alexander Koss!

• Like 1

Hi gripboard,

My name is Mike. I'm a long time lurker who figured it's time to finally sign up. I'm 34, a family man and live in Alberta, Canada. I spent a number of years as a competitive powerlifter but now I'm pursuing a new interest in grip training, specifically the sport of Armlifting. I'm slowly building quite a grip collection of handles, grippers, bars ect. My main goals are to compete in armlifting competitions, lift the inch db, certify on the crushed to dust challenge, and certify on the coc # 3 and ghp #7.  

Thanks to Eric Roussin, Adam Glass, Jedd Johnson, Lucas Raymond(thanks for making my equipment!), Ben Edwards, Tanner Merkle, Ricardo Magni, Odd Haugen, Clay Edgin, Rob and Tyson Mcmurren(thanks Grip n Bend love the products), Andrew Dube(for rating my grippers), Matt Cannon, Gil Goodman, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Marco Buhl, Devin Hoover, Joe Sullivan, Paul Knight, Big J, Tommy Jennings, Jerome Bloom, Teemu, Laine Snook, Bader alwahadi, Juha Harju, Jason Steeves, Richard Sorin, Mark Felix......I probably forgot alot of names specifically asian and european gripsters. If I did my apologies. You all have been a wealth of knowledge and I can't thank you enough for the online advice you offer! Without these people I would be even more pathetic at grip than I currently am lol. 

and as my name suggests, I love bigfoot and cryptozoology lol. Thanks to the mods for approving my account, you do alot for the grip community. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Hi gripboard,

My name is Mike. I'm a long time lurker who figured it's time to finally sign up. I'm 34, a family man and live in Alberta, Canada. I spent a number of years as a competitive powerlifter but now I'm pursuing a new interest in grip training, specifically the sport of Armlifting. I'm slowly building quite a grip collection of handles, grippers, bars ect. My main goals are to compete in armlifting competitions, lift the inch db, certify on the crushed to dust challenge, and certify on the coc # 3 and ghp #7.  

Thanks to Eric Roussin, Adam Glass, Jedd Johnson, Lucas Raymond(thanks for making my equipment!), Ben Edwards, Tanner Merkle, Ricardo Magni, Odd Haugen, Clay Edgin, Rob and Tyson Mcmurren(thanks Grip n Bend love the products), Andrew Dube(for rating my grippers), Matt Cannon, Gil Goodman, Steve Gardner, David Horne, Marco Buhl, Devin Hoover, Joe Sullivan, Paul Knight, Big J, Tommy Jennings, Jerome Bloom, Teemu, Laine Snook, Bader alwahadi, Juha Harju, Jason Steeves, Richard Sorin, Mark Felix......I probably forgot alot of names specifically asian and european gripsters. If I did my apologies. You all have been a wealth of knowledge and I can't thank you enough for the online advice you offer! Without these people I would be even more pathetic at grip than I currently am lol. 

and as my name suggests, I love bigfoot and cryptozoology lol. Thanks to the mods for approving my account, you do alot for the grip community. 

Welcome @Bigfoot Grip!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi all,

I'm Jan, 34 years and I'm from the Netherlands. I love going to the gym and lifting weights and I always am eager for the next day to lift again. That's one of the reasons I decided to start this grip journey, it gives me a chance to sneak in some additional training which also can have a positive effect on for example my deadlifts. I ordered some grippers and rubber bands and hope to start soon with the grip training. 

I got surgery for severe carpal tunnel syndrome a few years ago, but this did not resolve the problem. It was caused by a repetitive movement during my holiday job. CTS affects especially my pulls, but also side raises (difficulty holding the weight). For deadlifts I try to push the use of lifting straps as much as possible. Right now I can lift 110 kg 5x5 without straps, but it affects my form. I lift heavier with the use of straps and at the end of the day, the gained grip strength with deadlift is a bonus but not the objective. 

I follow a push pull leg split at the moment and I think I want to do grip training at leg days or at rest days, so it doesn't affect my pulls or deadlift. What is your take on this? I also want to incorporate other grip exercises like pinching to increase my overall grip strength.

If you have any feedback please let me know 🙂

Edited by Frenzy1
  • Like 2

My name is Zach Mullins. Just joined the board and have been checking things out for about a week. 
I have always played sports (football, basketball, and baseball) and had an interest in lifting/strength growing up. In 2009 started training and fighting MMA. Over the years I have competed in MMA, BJJ, And Boxing. Still compete to some extent but have spent more recent time coaching and being a training partner for more active fighters. Originally from Ohio but currently live in North Carolina. 
I just recently started getting into grip training the past year and have entered into 3 grip competitions so far. I’d say my best feat so far is lifting a half York 100 Fatman blob (but have only done it left handed). I would like to get where that is repeatable with both hands. Other lifts I’m training to do are: Lift the Inch Dumbbell, CoC 3, pinch two 45’s, and just improve in all areas of grip and strength. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

• Like 4

On 8/18/2021 at 8:43 AM, Frenzy1 said:

hi all,

I'm Jan, 34 years and I'm from the Netherlands. I love going to the gym and lifting weights and I always am eager for the next day to lift again. That's one of the reasons I decided to start this grip journey, it gives me a chance to sneak in some additional training which also can have a positive effect on for example my deadlifts. I ordered some grippers and rubber bands and hope to start soon with the grip training. 

I got surgery for severe carpal tunnel syndrome a few years ago, but this did not resolve the problem. It was caused by a repetitive movement during my holiday job. CTS affects especially my pulls, but also side raises (difficulty holding the weight). For deadlifts I try to push the use of lifting straps as much as possible. Right now I can lift 110 kg 5x5 without straps, but it affects my form. I lift heavier with the use of straps and at the end of the day, the gained grip strength with deadlift is a bonus but not the objective. 

I follow a push pull leg split at the moment and I think I want to do grip training at leg days or at rest days, so it doesn't affect my pulls or deadlift. What is your take on this? I also want to incorporate other grip exercises like pinching to increase my overall grip strength.

If you have any feedback please let me know 🙂

@Frenzy1 Welcome!

3 hours ago, Magiclifts321 said:

whats up everybody jay here

@Magiclifts321Welcome!

9 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

My name is Zach Mullins. Just joined the board and have been checking things out for about a week. 
I have always played sports (football, basketball, and baseball) and had an interest in lifting/strength growing up. In 2009 started training and fighting MMA. Over the years I have competed in MMA, BJJ, And Boxing. Still compete to some extent but have spent more recent time coaching and being a training partner for more active fighters. Originally from Ohio but currently live in North Carolina. 
I just recently started getting into grip training the past year and have entered into 3 grip competitions so far. I’d say my best feat so far is lifting a half York 100 Fatman blob (but have only done it left handed). I would like to get where that is repeatable with both hands. Other lifts I’m training to do are: Lift the Inch Dumbbell, CoC 3, pinch two 45’s, and just improve in all areas of grip and strength. Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

@ZRMMA Welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all my name is London, I just joined grip board. Been training grip for a year, bending for about 2 months, and powerlifting for 3 years. I am off to a good start, here are some feats.

500x10deadlift 

https://youtube.com/shorts/WVf04VacKQg?feature=share

191x2 little bighorn

https://youtube.com/shorts/QAAwwAtK2hQ?feature=share

2 35lb plate pinch

https://youtube.com/shorts/qTj1DQz81xQ?feature=share

I don't train pinches much, i wanna get better at pinching and bending specifically. I have a hub which I want to get good at

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys my name is Erik I am 24 years old 6'4 265 LBS

I started resistance training aproximately 5 years ago.

I train Upper/Lower 4 times a week.

I first discovered grip training through jujimufu's channel and I immediately thought it was interesting.

Juji got Jedd on his channel and after watching this particular video I decided to give grip training a go.

I tried Jedd's free grip program and instantly fell in love with grip.

I then started looking into grippers because I really wanted to try out grippers.

I asked Jedd about it in his 31 days of Q&A and he answered my question and recommended the ivanko super gripper because at that time I had mentioned that I wasn't interested in closing big grippers I just wanted it to carry over to my gym lifts.

After receiving my Ivanko in the mail and trying it out I was hooked and I have been training grip ever since.

I first started out doing a program I wrote myself which basically consisted of holds.

About a week later I decided to start doing actual reps because I was having so much fun that I stopped caring about the carry over that I initially wanted.

I started doing low volume triples and this worked very well I quickly gained strength.

After this I started testing my max on grippers and that went really well too.

So I added maxes to my program.

After adding maxes I started progressing even faster.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

Whats good its ya boi Jermiah, I've already been around the gripboard a bit but i thought i'd formally introduce myself

I started training in roughly may of 2018, Since then shit just spiralled out of control, I went from a 60kg twig to a 135kg strongman who is obsessed with grip

As for grip itself i've only been training it since late March when i got my full set of CoC grippers

I discovered grip like Erik did through Juji's channel, Specifically his video with Larry Wheels

I train 5 days a week with a combination of powerlifting and strongman movements but am also an amateur arm wrestler by hobby

As for grip training i usually throw my grip stuff in before i go to the gym on a heavy day since i do my heavy days when my body is feeling primed, Which makes sense in the context of grip

I train grip once or twice a week depending on how my hands and CNS are feeling, I usually do 4 super heavy attempts on a big gripper like the 3.5 or the GHP 9 (yeah massive jump i know) And then do my main closes consisting of either a GHP 8 or a #3 if i'm feeling particularly shit

Contrary to my training logs i do indeed do other implements i just don't put them in there because its not in the context of what i'm trying to do

I have some lofty lifetime goals, I wish to cert on the #4 one day and perhaps deep set close the GHP 10

I also play piano, Because these massive ham hocks on the ends of my forearms have dexterity surprisingly

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
  • Like 3