NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

3 hours ago, AvgJo said:

Hey folks,

My name is Jordan, I am 26, 182cm and ~90kg right now. I'm also from Scotland. I've followed the grip community for many years, inspired by great athletes such as Timo Lauttamus and Nathan Holle. I just do general strength training at home, some long term goals are the one arm chinup and the CoC #3. I will be posting a training log hopefully - consisting of mainly gripper progress, or at least that is the plan. I closed the #2.5 once or twice in my life (maybe they were just one offs) but have never actually dedicated any time or consistency training grippers (which I hope to now!). Cheers.

I was inspired by the Holle brothers myself back in the day. That's a rather impressive crush for someone who doesn't train it regularly/specifically. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AcroBend said:

I was inspired by the Holle brothers myself back in the day. That's a rather impressive crush for someone who doesn't train it regularly/specifically. Good luck!

Cheers mate. Don't get me wrong, I always try and finish a session with some kind of direct grip work, usually 1 arm/2 arm towel hangs or sometimes I get enough from fat gripz. I was just reading your posts above about bending. I've also been looking at getting into doing some myself 🙂. An old school grip guy recommended me to buy some nails from B&Q to start off with so I might give that a try.

2 hours ago, AvgJo said:

Cheers mate. Don't get me wrong, I always try and finish a session with some kind of direct grip work, usually 1 arm/2 arm towel hangs or sometimes I get enough from fat gripz. I was just reading your posts above about bending. I've also been looking at getting into doing some myself 🙂. An old school grip guy recommended me to buy some nails from B&Q to start off with so I might give that a try.

Go for it! Just read up everything you can about it beforehand and START SLOW/EASY, as bending is a whole different beast from crushing. Not necessarily implying that it is harder or better, but the penalties for mistakes are several degrees harsher. Consider starting a sledge levering practice ASAP to get your wrists in order. 

Edited by AcroBend
Grammar

7 hours ago, AcroBend said:

Go for it! Just read up everything you can about it beforehand and START SLOW/EASY, as bending is a whole different beast from crushing. Not necessarily implying that it is harder or better, but the penalties for mistakes are several degrees harsher. Consider starting a sledge levering practice ASAP to get your wrists in order. 

Good idea with levering work to build a base 👍

Hello Everyone! I’m Cody and I started Beyond the Bend- the steel bending podcast. My first episode just came and new episodes will post each Monday. If you, or someone you know would to come on as a guest please contact me! I hope to bring growth and awareness to the great world of grip and bending! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, AvgJo said:

Hey folks,

My name is Jordan, I am 26, 182cm and ~90kg right now. I'm also from Scotland. I've followed the grip community for many years, inspired by great athletes such as Timo Lauttamus and Nathan Holle. I just do general strength training at home, some long term goals are the one arm chinup and the CoC #3. I will be posting a training log hopefully - consisting of mainly gripper progress, or at least that is the plan. I closed the #2.5 once or twice in my life (maybe they were just one offs) but have never actually dedicated any time or consistency training grippers (which I hope to now!). Cheers.

Welcome @AvgJo!

On 7/15/2020 at 8:09 PM, Beyond the Bend Podcast said:

Hello Everyone! I’m Cody and I started Beyond the Bend- the steel bending podcast. My first episode just came and new episodes will post each Monday. If you, or someone you know would to come on as a guest please contact me! I hope to bring growth and awareness to the great world of grip and bending! 

Welcome @Beyond the Bend Podcast !

3 hours ago, MAGACOP said:

Hey

I'm here to chew gum and get a Hulk-like Grip.

I found this site looking for Blobs.

Welcome!

On a side note: 

2125748286_gbmachine.jpg.219dcb3ff29c2137af8107adf73593e3.jpg

12 hours ago, MAGACOP said:

Hey

I'm here to chew gum and get a Hulk-like Grip.

I found this site looking for Blobs.

@MAGACOP Welcome!

Hello gripsters!

I´m a guy in the mid-thirties who been into grip for 6 years now accomplish absolutely nothing! I´m trying to kill of all the IM certs. So I´m here to get motivation to start pushing limits. Looking forward to hang around world class grip athletes. See you in the gym!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, Weakman said:

Hello gripsters!

I´m a guy in the mid-thirties who been into grip for 6 years now accomplish absolutely nothing! I´m trying to kill of all the IM certs. So I´m here to get motivation to start pushing limits. Looking forward to hang around world class grip athletes. See you in the gym!

Welcome @Weakman !

Hi guys.  Well, it’s been 16 years, but I am back.  I wasn’t able to recover my old user name.  

Anyways - I am selling all my gear. Is there a classifieds section on the board? Couldn’t find it.  Here is my eBay listing.  Let me know if you are interested?  Thanks - rek 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=392903145198&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

A90915A4-E830-4E8B-95CE-78D9E66AE77C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Name's Ron, squeezed my first gripper around January and now I'm obsessed. Currently working on the No3, feels like a brick!

Here to learn mainly, maybe snag some equipment and hopefully contribute something useful at some point ...

Based in the UK 

• Like 1

Hey crew!

My name is Grace, I am a large animal veterinarian and casual rock climber. I accidentally found gripping about a year ago and love all the smallest key pinches. The more frustrating, the better.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, Rek said:

Hi guys.  Well, it’s been 16 years, but I am back.  I wasn’t able to recover my old user name.  

Anyways - I am selling all my gear. Is there a classifieds section on the board? Couldn’t find it.  Here is my eBay listing.  Let me know if you are interested?  Thanks - rek 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=392903145198&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

A90915A4-E830-4E8B-95CE-78D9E66AE77C.jpeg

Welcome @Rekx!

On 8/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, Markob42 said:

Hey, name is Mark. Been into collecting blobs and grippers lately, so it seemed prudent to link up with the board here to get better at them.

Welcome @Markob42!

22 hours ago, RonnieBoy said:

Hello all

Name's Ron, squeezed my first gripper around January and now I'm obsessed. Currently working on the No3, feels like a brick!

Here to learn mainly, maybe snag some equipment and hopefully contribute something useful at some point ...

Based in the UK 

Welcome @RonnieBoy!

7 hours ago, Gripvet said:

Hey crew!

My name is Grace, I am a large animal veterinarian and casual rock climber. I accidentally found gripping about a year ago and love all the smallest key pinches. The more frustrating, the better.

Welcome @Gripvet!

Hey guys, my name is Steve 29 years old. I work up in northern Canada and after they shut down the gym here for Covid I ordered some grippers and started training them. I got my coc 1 1.5 and 2 at the beginning of May. Closed the 1 and 1.5 for reps when I got them took a few weeks to close the 2. Once I could rep my 2 for 13 reps I ordered the 2.5 and 3 they showed up about a week ago and right now can close my 2.5 for 5 reps but can’t even budge my 3. So for now just working on getting the reps up on my 2.5. I think my 2.5 might be an easier one and 3 harder because the spread on my 3 is half a handle width more than my 2.5. Anyways I guess I’ll let you know if I can ever get that #3 closed.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 1:20 AM, Nuttgens said:

Hey guys, my name is Steve 29 years old. I work up in northern Canada and after they shut down the gym here for Covid I ordered some grippers and started training them. I got my coc 1 1.5 and 2 at the beginning of May. Closed the 1 and 1.5 for reps when I got them took a few weeks to close the 2. Once I could rep my 2 for 13 reps I ordered the 2.5 and 3 they showed up about a week ago and right now can close my 2.5 for 5 reps but can’t even budge my 3. So for now just working on getting the reps up on my 2.5. I think my 2.5 might be an easier one and 3 harder because the spread on my 3 is half a handle width more than my 2.5. Anyways I guess I’ll let you know if I can ever get that #3 closed.

Welcome to the gripboard man. There is a few guys now, including myself, who are working towards closing the #3 and keeping workout logs on here. The #2.5 for 5 so fast is pretty impressive. Did you ever do much grip work before?

46 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

Welcome to the gripboard man. There is a few guys now, including myself, who are working towards closing the #3 and keeping workout logs on here. The #2.5 for 5 so fast is pretty impressive. Did you ever do much grip work before?

I played around on a little plastic gripper a little not much. Did fat bar pull ups and lots of double overhand deadlifts. My best deadlift double overhand was 405. Also gonna start following your log might be motivation to keep me pushing for that 3.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

I played around on a little plastic gripper a little not much. Did fat bar pull ups and lots of double overhand deadlifts. My best deadlift double overhand was 405. Also gonna start following your log might be motivation to keep me pushing for that 3.

Solid base. You've got a knack for grippers I'd say. I'm guessing you are a pretty big dude? Thanks man, I'll be sure to follow you too 👍

Hi, my name is Rob I'm 52 years old now.  Live in Yorkshire UK.

I've been into grip training on & off for many years. Being at the time in the Army reserves I had a passion for all things strength n fitness. It was before my first tour of Iraq way back in 2004 that I purchased my first grippers CofC #1 & #'2. To take with me on tour to give a little workout when time allowed. At the time I was amazed I could no set close them out the packet I put this down to my manual day job.

Times have moved on & my interest has been reborn, found my grippers while doing a lockdown tidy. Sorry to say the No2 gripper I have is a struggle to move now. Can still close #1 (Put that down to less wrench work & more cordless power tools at work)  But working back up to it & hopefully beyond.

I was a member of a couple of forums for the grip community back then but think they have died or my log in expired.

I also enjoy collecting & I'm sorry to see that a lot of the cottage industry Hand gripper makers have now stopped manufactoring.

I've been reading the training logs & acumplishments for a few months. They are are giving me great motivation. Hope to post my own soon until then. A big Thanks to all who contribute, Keep Gripping. 😊

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Joe.  I am getting back into grip training after many years away from it.  Does anyone have advice or maybe can point me to a thread pertaining to the last part of a close.  I used to be able to get the handles to touch on my #2 but I can no longer do so.  I expected to regress but I forgot how best to train for the last part of the close.  I do have a machine that used to be referred to as the "secret weapon" that I can do negatives.  In any case, I'm happy to be part of the community again and looking forward to getting back on the grip strength path.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jchawk said:

Hi, my name is Joe.  I am getting back into grip training after many years away from it.  Does anyone have advice or maybe can point me to a thread pertaining to the last part of a close.  I used to be able to get the handles to touch on my #2 but I can no longer do so.  I expected to regress but I forgot how best to train for the last part of the close.  I do have a machine that used to be referred to as the "secret weapon" that I can do negatives.  In any case, I'm happy to be part of the community again and looking forward to getting back on the grip strength path.

Welcome back. Is your username KU-related by chance? If so, I live in Lawrence, KS and could help you on the grippers in person.