NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello...

First, English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes 😄

New to the forum as a member but longtime reader.

My interest in the world of grip is mainly fun, I have no competitive or official intentions. The type of training that attracts me the most is bodyweight exercises and the use of devices-tools-improvised and simple objects to explore its different possibilities. My references are several but well known and I intend to open a training log to explain a little my influences, interests, limitations (several), and also to motivate me and receive tips and help.

Thank you for accepting my request, for the forum and for the participation and information.

14 hours ago, Arctic said:

Hello...

First, English is not my native language, sorry for the mistakes 😄

New to the forum as a member but longtime reader.

My interest in the world of grip is mainly fun, I have no competitive or official intentions. The type of training that attracts me the most is bodyweight exercises and the use of devices-tools-improvised and simple objects to explore its different possibilities. My references are several but well known and I intend to open a training log to explain a little my influences, interests, limitations (several), and also to motivate me and receive tips and help.

Thank you for accepting my request, for the forum and for the participation and information.

Welcome @Arctic !

Hi everyone, 

I have been working with captains of crush almost exclusively since January. In fact at 39 this is really the first athletic thing I've ever done. I am 6' 1' and around 175 lbs and have worked my way up to being able to close a number 2 coc 5-6 times for reps. I am getting close to being able to close a 2.5 but not quite there yet. After doing only coc for about 9 months I have started to eat better with more protein and calories and have been doing towel pullups and push ups mixed in with gripper work. I can see a huge difference since I started eating better and I went from maybe being able to close the number 2 once every 3 days if I had rested enough to being able to close the 2 everytime I choose. 

Anyway thanks for having me on the gripboard. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 4:54 PM, BILLA said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been working with captains of crush almost exclusively since January. In fact at 39 this is really the first athletic thing I've ever done. I am 6' 1' and around 175 lbs and have worked my way up to being able to close a number 2 coc 5-6 times for reps. I am getting close to being able to close a 2.5 but not quite there yet. After doing only coc for about 9 months I have started to eat better with more protein and calories and have been doing towel pullups and push ups mixed in with gripper work. I can see a huge difference since I started eating better and I went from maybe being able to close the number 2 once every 3 days if I had rested enough to being able to close the 2 everytime I choose. 

Anyway thanks for having me on the gripboard. 

Welcome @BILLA 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Mirco I'm Italian 23 years old, I train in my gim and I like strenght training, especially the bench press. I am 165 lb 5ft10. I used to have elbow issues so I end up training my forearms and now I'm fine, recently I discovered the world of the grip and I am very interested, I ordered my first Ghp 1,2,3,4 and I'm excited to start my training, I'm here to get some knowledge from you guys and being part of the wonderful world of the grippers. And obviously I want popeye forearms 💪🏻

3 hours ago, Mirco said:

Hi my name is Mirco I'm Italian 23 years old, I train in my gim and I like strenght training, especially the bench press. I am 165 lb 5ft10. I used to have elbow issues so I end up training my forearms and now I'm fine, recently I discovered the world of the grip and I am very interested, I ordered my first Ghp 1,2,3,4 and I'm excited to start my training, I'm here to get some knowledge from you guys and being part of the wonderful world of the grippers. And obviously I want popeye forearms 💪🏻

Welcome @Mirco !

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm Mr.Salmon but you can call me sal hehe.

I'm 24 years old from Israel, I fell in love with grippers ever since I used one but just this recent year started with serious grippers like coc.

Currently can close a 2 after 1 year of training. (yeah started weak couldn't even close 1 in the beginning.

even though I have small amount of testosterone and small hands I wanna close the 4. I'm gonna get there some day I know it!

18 hours ago, Salmon said:

Hello I'm Mr.Salmon but you can call me sal hehe.

I'm 24 years old from Israel, I fell in love with grippers ever since I used one but just this recent year started with serious grippers like coc.

Currently can close a 2 after 1 year of training. (yeah started weak couldn't even close 1 in the beginning.

even though I have small amount of testosterone and small hands I wanna close the 4. I'm gonna get there some day I know it!

Welcome @Salmon !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm Daniel from Germany.

I did my RedNail Cert in 2018 and unfortunately lost track a bit afterwards.

Now i'm back and did a RedNail Replica Bend Yesterday, which went down pretty easy. My main Goal in Bending right now is to step it up a bit and Bend a 9mm/7" Nail.

My bending Godfathers are Jan (horrido) and Carl (camz_grip) so i've got the best teachers i can wish for.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Truman said:

Hi!

I'm Daniel from Germany.

Now i'm back and did a RedNail Replica Bend Yesterday, which went down pretty easy. My main Goal in Bending right now is to step it up a bit and Bend a 9mm/7" Nail.

My bending Godfathers are Jan (horrido) and Carl (camz_grip) so i've got the best teachers i can wish for.

Welcome Daniel! @Truman

• Like 1

Hi all,

Glenn (the_hunter) from Australia here!

Doing what I can to spread the word about grip. Have found 1 other person training in Melbourne....hoping to meet some more at King Kong this weekend.

Favorite implements: anything to do with HUB (trying to get hold of an evil hub right now) Very close to 30kg on the Ironmind. Might not happen this week, but trying to break 21kg on the shallow hub by the end of the year.

Least favorite: Little Big Horn...

4 hours ago, Truman said:

Hi!

I'm Daniel from Germany.

Welcome! Great teachers for sure!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, glenn_the_hunter said:

Hi all,

Glenn (the_hunter) from Australia here!

Doing what I can to spread the word about grip. Have found 1 other person training in Melbourne....hoping to meet some more at King Kong this weekend.

Favorite implements: anything to do with HUB (trying to get hold of an evil hub right now) Very close to 30kg on the Ironmind. Might not happen this week, but trying to break 21kg on the shallow hub by the end of the year.

Least favorite: Little Big Horn...

Welcome @glenn_the_hunter !

• Thanks 1

Hello,

My name is Markham. Fairly new, but been lurking a bit. I am 32 & usually under 145# bodyweight.

I am new to gripsport, but have been climbing the past 10ish years with some short divergences in powerlifting & hard style ketllebell training. Most of my goals lie in the realm of outdoor bouldering, but I enjoy supplemental training & goal setting with strength training as well. Just did my first grip contest (King Kong 2019) this past weekend & I am excited to continue attending. Since weight matters so much in climbing I am mostly interested in pushing my strength to weight ratio & mastering feats like one arm pull-ups & levers.

My favorite implement so far is the flask @Squeezus makes. I am interested in training long term to lift the inch (or other lighter circus dumbbells). The blobs look fun to me & lifting of anvils or rocks with rings.

Outside of lifting I am interested in ripping a deck of cards & bending (have been bending what I believe are beginner level 1 iron mind nails). I have some grippers as well, but am not particularly interested in grippers for now. I am here to learn & get inspired!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your King Kong performance!

Thank you @Ricochet!

New to the board, been casually grip training here and there for about 2 years, decided last minute to compete for the first time in this years KKoG at 40y/o and now I've been bit by the bug hard.  Looking forward to learning about how to train to maximize results and do a lot better in future competitions!

On 10/28/2019 at 2:02 PM, hambone said:

Hello,

My name is Markham. Fairly new, but been lurking a bit. I am 32 & usually under 145# bodyweight.

I am new to gripsport, but have been climbing the past 10ish years with some short divergences in powerlifting & hard style ketllebell training. Most of my goals lie in the realm of outdoor bouldering, but I enjoy supplemental training & goal setting with strength training as well. Just did my first grip contest (King Kong 2019) this past weekend & I am excited to continue attending. Since weight matters so much in climbing I am mostly interested in pushing my strength to weight ratio & mastering feats like one arm pull-ups & levers.

My favorite implement so far is the flask @Squeezus makes. I am interested in training long term to lift the inch (or other lighter circus dumbbells). The blobs look fun to me & lifting of anvils or rocks with rings.

Outside of lifting I am interested in ripping a deck of cards & bending (have been bending what I believe are beginner level 1 iron mind nails). I have some grippers as well, but am not particularly interested in grippers for now. I am here to learn & get inspired!

Welcome @hambone !

14 hours ago, liftyzig said:

New to the board, been casually grip training here and there for about 2 years, decided last minute to compete for the first time in this years KKoG at 40y/o and now I've been bit by the bug hard.  Looking forward to learning about how to train to maximize results and do a lot better in future competitions!

Welcome @liftyzig !

Hi, my name is Marcel. My last peak in grip strength was 3 years ago, where i closed a 133 RGC CoC 2.5 from a MM set. Trained on and off since then. Decided to get back on track, been training for the last month and am able to replicate my afore mentioned milestone. 

I will be aiming to close a CoC 3 from a MM set by the end of the year. 

Hello GripBoard.

My name is Andrew. I am new to gripsport but have been training since 2002-2003 and competing in powerlifting since 2012. I had no idea about gripsport as an organized competition until a few years ago reading about it in JL Holdsworth's log on EliteFTS. It was in the back of my mind since then and I finally competed this September at Hillbilly Hand Wars and again at King Kong. The grip community is great and I will definitely be competing a lot more in the future.

I have wanted to pinch two 45's for a long time, even before knowing about grip. I've also had the full set of Heavy Grips since my early teens, so closing the 350 would be really special to me. I have many competitive goals in grip now. I also dabble in phone books and bending, but don't train for it.

I'm pretty sure I've spent more money on grip toys in the past couple months then the last decade of training. I need to stop buying stuff. Grip is addicting.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, copiousGrip said:

Hi, my name is Marcel. My last peak in grip strength was 3 years ago, where i closed a 133 RGC CoC 2.5 from a MM set. Trained on and off since then. Decided to get back on track, been training for the last month and am able to replicate my afore mentioned milestone. 

I will be aiming to close a CoC 3 from a MM set by the end of the year. 

Welcome @copiousGrip !

20 hours ago, Andrew S said:

Hello GripBoard.

My name is Andrew. I am new to gripsport but have been training since 2002-2003 and competing in powerlifting since 2012. I had no idea about gripsport as an organized competition until a few years ago reading about it in JL Holdsworth's log on EliteFTS. It was in the back of my mind since then and I finally competed this September at Hillbilly Hand Wars and again at King Kong. The grip community is great and I will definitely be competing a lot more in the future.

I have wanted to pinch two 45's for a long time, even before knowing about grip. I've also had the full set of Heavy Grips since my early teens, so closing the 350 would be really special to me. I have many competitive goals in grip now. I also dabble in phone books and bending, but don't train for it.

I'm pretty sure I've spent more money on grip toys in the past couple months then the last decade of training. I need to stop buying stuff. Grip is addicting.

Welcome @Andrew S !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gripboard

My name is Siamak. Very new to gripsports as I have been training grip for about 3 months now. My background is in Olympic Weightlifting but my friend David Wigren got me into the sport by accident. We started conversing about arm wrestling and stongman until I saw that he was hosting a competition called the Swedish Grip Open.

I signed up on a whim just to test out my grip strength and began training for the comp. In the 2 months of grip training I was completely addicted to the sport!
Needless to say I came in last place at the comp but the experience was humbling and thrilling at the same time.

I will be attempting feats of grip strength and grip competitions in the future.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Hello Gripboard

My name is Siamak. Very new to gripsports as I have been training grip for about 3 months now. My background is in Olympic Weightlifting but my friend David Wigren got me into the sport by accident. We started conversing about arm wrestling and stongman until I saw that he was hosting a competition called the Swedish Grip Open.

I signed up on a whim just to test out my grip strength and began training for the comp. In the 2 months of grip training I was completely addicted to the sport!
Needless to say I came in last place at the comp but the experience was humbling and thrilling at the same time.

I will be attempting feats of grip strength and grip competitions in the future.

Welcome! 

Next year you will do better att SGO for sure. 

Welcome @bruce1337 !

9 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Hello Gripboard