NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

On 8/3/2018 at 3:46 PM, BIGRT said:

What's up everyone -

Im Ryan, AKA BIGRT.   Some quick stats on me - I'm 6'3", 250 lbs, 25 years old living in Upstate NY.  I got my start in strength training through powerlifting, which I started at age 20.  I met Jedd Johnson at the NYS fair in 2016 and quickly became interested in trying and improving on all facets of grip strength.  As of recent I have been training with Joseph Sullivan, and learning quite a bit from him as well.  My lifts have been slowly but surely improving in all areas of grip, my focus right now is primarily on thick bar related feats and more specifically lifting the Inch DB.

Glad to be here-

BIGRT

Welcome @BIGRT !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am from China, I contact to shake hands, I am 26 years old, height 182 cm, weight 100 kg, 2013 happy, then go to professional training, in 2014 began to formal training, bought COC0.5 2015, closed 2016 z closed COC3 COC2, contact COC3.5 at at the same time, through the 2017 certification GHP7, 2018 closing GHP8, very glad to here certification, at the same time, the future goal is can close GHP9 ready for training. thank you

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cheng liu said:

Hi I am from China, I contact to shake hands, I am 26 years old, height 182 cm, weight 100 kg, 2013 happy, then go to professional training, in 2014 began to formal training, bought COC0.5 2015, closed 2016 z closed COC3 COC2, contact COC3.5 at at the same time, through the 2017 certification GHP7, 2018 closing GHP8, very glad to here certification, at the same time, the future goal is can close GHP9 ready for training. thank you

Welcome!

Greetings all,
I started grip training in April, as part of my rehab of an arm injury incurred while splitting firewood over the winter. Since I'm not getting any younger (48), I decided to increase my upper body strength as a means to maintain my independence. I'd like to be able to process my own firewood, work on my vehicles, and dig post holes for at least another 30 years.
My program initially consisted of body-weight exercises with a focus on pull-ups. Soon thereafter, I bought a pair of cheap grippers and was bitten by the bug. Next came the proper grippers, then the homemade 2" pipe handle, then the thick pull-up bar, then the pipe cap hub, etc., etc., etc.
Other than remaining physically capable of strenuous tasks, I'd like to close a COC #3 and tear a deck of cards someday.
In my time lurking at gripboard, I've found lots of useful information and enjoy reading the various threads.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chucker said:

Greetings all,
I started grip training in April, as part of my rehab of an arm injury incurred while splitting firewood over the winter. Since I'm not getting any younger (48), I decided to increase my upper body strength as a means to maintain my independence. I'd like to be able to process my own firewood, work on my vehicles, and dig post holes for at least another 30 years.
My program initially consisted of body-weight exercises with a focus on pull-ups. Soon thereafter, I bought a pair of cheap grippers and was bitten by the bug. Next came the proper grippers, then the homemade 2" pipe handle, then the thick pull-up bar, then the pipe cap hub, etc., etc., etc.
Other than remaining physically capable of strenuous tasks, I'd like to close a COC #3 and tear a deck of cards someday.
In my time lurking at gripboard, I've found lots of useful information and enjoy reading the various threads.

Welcome! @Chucker

Hi Everyone,

My name is Emre.  I am 35 and 150 lbs.  I hold a black belt in judo.  I compete and coach.  I also do Sambo and BJJ.   Grip training has been a amazing way to tap in to strength and performance.  I believe in having a white belt mentality  throughout life  and  I am excited to be a student of this game and learn and share knowledge here with everyone. 

Edited by Emre
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 12:02 AM, cheng liu said:

Welcome to the GripBoard!

28 minutes ago, Emre said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Emre.  I am 35 and 150 lbs.  I hold a black belt in judo.  I compete and coach.  I also do Sambo and BJJ.   Grip training has been a amazing way to tap in to strength and performance.  I believe in having a white belt mentality  throughout life  and  I am excited to be a student of this game and learn and share knowledge here with everyone. 

Welcome Emre to the GripBoard.

2 hours ago, Chucker said:

Greetings all,

20 minutes ago, Emre said:

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the GripBoard guys!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeremy Reay, I am 5’10” and 228lbs. I am an amateur strongman and do grip sport as well as the two correlate well. I’m wanting to certify on the CoC #3 and #3.5. As well as just to gain more all round grip strength as it will help with pursuing strongman. I was directed to this forum by Eric Roussin. 

Thank you for welcoming me and I’ll say thank you in advance for any help and information I get!! 

Looking forward to it!!

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

Happy to be a member of gripboard club. I'm 48 years old and 240 Ibs. Do my grip trainings from 2015 and fall in love at this kind of sport. My targets are to lift a Blob more that 30 kg(recently did 29 kg), to lift Inch dumbbell... but the most difficult is to do a Silver  Bullet in GHP 10. Ready to share knowledges with everyone and learn something new. 

Edited by VadimKinolog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VadimKinolog said:

Hi everyone!

Happy to be a member of gripboard club. I'm 48 years old and 240 Ibs. Do my grip trainings from 2015 and fall in love at this kind of sport. My targets are to lift a Blob more that 30 kg(recently did 29 kg), to lift Inch dumbbell... but the most difficult is to do a Silver  Bullet in GHP 10. Ready to share knowledges with everyone and learn something new. 

Welcome!

18 hours ago, JerBearStrongman said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jeremy Reay, I am 5’10” and 228lbs. I am an amateur strongman and do grip sport as well as the two correlate well. I’m wanting to certify on the CoC #3 and #3.5. As well as just to gain more all round grip strength as it will help with pursuing strongman. I was directed to this forum by Eric Roussin. 

Thank you for welcoming me and I’ll say thank you in advance for any help and information I get!! 

Looking forward to it!!

Welcome!

Hello! My name is Thom and I'm 26 years old. Im 192cm and 114kg as of now but been stable at 125kg before diet. Started with strongliftinspired training 2 years ago and got challanged by a guy to do thumbless deadlift and I did 210kg my second try so I got interested in grip training. Bought my first gripper 4 months ago a coc#2, closed it in my second try. I closed the #3 on my first try 6 days ago and now I want to get certified so thought I would register here to learn more! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lennix said:

Hello! My name is Thom and I'm 26 years old. Im 192cm and 114kg as of now but been stable at 125kg before diet. Started with strongliftinspired training 2 years ago and got challanged by a guy to do thumbless deadlift and I did 210kg my second try so I got interested in grip training. Bought my first gripper 4 months ago a coc#2, closed it in my second try. I closed the #3 on my first try 6 days ago and now I want to get certified so thought I would register here to learn more! 

Welcome!

Hello gripboard,

I'm a pretty decent level competitive CrossFit athlete, and as I've progressed grip is often my failing point in a workout. So I have started some grip specific training, and really enjoy it.  Maybe it's because my grip strength is so bad, but seeing and reading the grip strength feats on here has gotten me hooked on improving my grip.  Right now is kind of competition season for me so easing into grip training and focusing on support and pinch grip.  I do have a set of HG100-300 grippers that i bought probably 10+ years ago, and have a CoC #2 and GHP 6 from CPW on the way.  No big goals for me, just plan on steadily improving and enjoying the training.

Hello everyone!

My name is Yuri. I'm 29 , 188  cm height, 80kg weight. I like different kind of sports (like swimming, boxing), also keen on quantum physics, mathematics, programming (as I work in Software delelopment company). Of course I train with grippers (training time - about 6 month, my current results: CoC2,5 - 1 time with card, 2 times - with parallel, CoC3 - still have 3mm gap). Also I collect hand grippers (for now I have about 30 items). Thanks for getting me in group!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuri Mikhnovets said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Yuri. I'm 29 , 188  cm height, 80kg weight. I like different kind of sports (like swimming, boxing), also keen on quantum physics, mathematics, programming (as I work in Software delelopment company). Of course I train with grippers (training time - about 6 month, my current results: CoC2,5 - 1 time with card, 2 times - with parallel, CoC3 - still have 3mm gap). Also I collect hand grippers (for now I have about 30 items). Thanks for getting me in group!

Welcome brother!

Hello everyone, 

I'm 33, from Hawaii- have been interested in grip since I was a kid. Always trained with a gripper and had decent crushing grip but now I'm interested in beefening up my forearms as I see it as the most masculine and important muscle in the body, probably next to shoulders and lats. 

I actually tried to sign up with this forum a decade ago.. lol, must not have gotten approved and forgot about it. Look forward to making some progress and hopefully sharing before/after pics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drygord said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm 33, from Hawaii- have been interested in grip since I was a kid. Always trained with a gripper and had decent crushing grip but now I'm interested in beefening up my forearms as I see it as the most masculine and important muscle in the body, probably next to shoulders and lats. 

I actually tried to sign up with this forum a decade ago.. lol, must not have gotten approved and forgot about it. Look forward to making some progress and hopefully sharing before/after pics.

Welcome! John Oka  Is from your neck of the woods and heavy into grip promotingIs from your neck of the woods and heavy into grip promoting

Hey all thanks for accepting me. My name is Joe I am newly back to gripping. Started over 10 yrs ago..bought some grippers and the KTA and was crushed by the routine and lost focus. Now I an back, dug out my old gripprers bought some new half step ones and am,reenergized. I'm 5'10 185 55 years old and currently , after some reconditioning,   I can rep the #1.5 a few times and when I'm fresh on a good day I can close the #2. Here to learn and grow and hopefully close #3 by my 60th b'day.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:37 PM, JerBearStrongman said:

Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to it!!

Welcome to the GripBoard!

On 8/26/2018 at 2:59 PM, VadimKinolog said:

Hi everyone!

On 8/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, Lennix said:

Welcome to the GripBoard guys!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:49 AM, Yuri Mikhnovets said:

Hello everyone!

Welcome!  And those are some nice results so far!  Keep on gripping!  And doing quantum physics (or not lol).

On 9/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, UnomeKC said:

Hello gripboard,

I'm a pretty decent level competitive CrossFit athlete, and as I've progressed grip is often my failing point in a workout. So I have started some grip specific training, and really enjoy it.  Maybe it's because my grip strength is so bad, but seeing and reading the grip strength feats on here has gotten me hooked on improving my grip.  Right now is kind of competition season for me so easing into grip training and focusing on support and pinch grip.  I do have a set of HG100-300 grippers that i bought probably 10+ years ago, and have a CoC #2 and GHP 6 from CPW on the way.  No big goals for me, just plan on steadily improving and enjoying the training.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:49 AM, Yuri Mikhnovets said:

Hello everyone!

On 9/7/2018 at 2:14 PM, Drygord said:

Hello everyone, 

8 hours ago, JoeMcE said:

Hey all thanks for accepting me. My name is Joe I am newly back to gripping. Started over 10 yrs ago..bought some grippers and the KTA and was crushed by the routine and lost focus. Now I an back, dug out my old gripprers bought some new half step ones and am,reenergized. I'm 5'10 185 55 years old and currently , after some reconditioning,   I can rep the #1.5 a few times and when I'm fresh on a good day I can close the #2. Here to learn and grow and hopefully close #3 by my 60th b'day.

Welcome guys!