NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi All,

Following the advice of one of the beginner threads, I got Jedd Johnsons bending book and the bag of nails. The bending book is great, already got something great out of it.

Long term goal is to be strong.

• Like 1

Might not be appropriate for the welcome thread but I picked up a 60d spiral and a 60d nail. I bent the spiral! With a t shirt as the wrap and definitely didn’t do it like how the videos say to do it. Found the reverse grip was way easier on my hands than the double overhand. I can sort of understand that as important as strength is to bend, it’s also about pain tolerance. 

Please let let me know if this should go somewhere else.

97CCE644-D277-4C02-9918-11A3C7D339CC.jpeg

29 minutes ago, BluePen said:

Might not be appropriate for the welcome thread but I picked up a 60d spiral and a 60d nail. I bent the spiral! With a t shirt as the wrap and definitely didn’t do it like how the videos say to do it. Found the reverse grip was way easier on my hands than the double overhand. I can sort of understand that as important as strength is to bend, it’s also about pain tolerance. 

Please let let me know if this should go somewhere else.

97CCE644-D277-4C02-9918-11A3C7D339CC.jpeg

It should go in the bending section!

Hi all,

My name is Ruairi Barry, I am a 45 year old Irish man who started grip training in August 2017. After over 20 years of no exercise, it has given me a new lease of life. I have punished and battered my hands over the last 10 Months and now can close COC 2.5 with credit card, COC 3 without credit card, and am about 2 mm from closing the COC 3 with credit card. Fingers crossed, I'll get the C.O.C 3 certification later this year. I'm really enjoying grip exercises and am glad to have joined this board.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ruairi said:

Hi all,

My name is Ruairi Barry, I am a 45 year old Irish man who started grip training in August 2017. After over 20 years of no exercise, it has given me a new lease of life. I have punished and battered my hands over the last 10 Months and now can close COC 2.5 with credit card, COC 3 without credit card, and am about 2 mm from closing the COC 3 with credit card. Fingers crossed, I'll get the C.O.C 3 certification later this year. I'm really enjoying grip exercises and am glad to have joined this board.

Welcome!  Let's race to that cert!  I am about where you are.  In grip, not in Ireland.  ;)

• Like 1

Hi my name is Jamin i am new to grip training i have always worked out but never realized how many things you can do to improve your grip and wrist strength until i seen videos Jedd Johnson has put on youtube and the information that he has supplied has really opened my eyes to the things i need to do to improve my wrist strength and grip strength. But anyway i hope to make friends in the grip community and find out information to help myself improve.   Thank You for allowing me to join the Gripboard site

12 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Welcome!  Let's race to that cert!  I am about where you are.  In grip, not in Ireland.  ;)

Cheers Vinnie, thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure when I'll be going for it, but if I don't hit a wall over the next few months - the race is on . My COC 3 poundage is an unknown for me, so I'll only go for certification when I'm quite comfortable with it and am very close to closing my COC 3.5 without Credit Card.  Either way It's gotta be 2018 for the both of us.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:41 PM, BluePen said:

Hi All,

Following the advice of one of the beginner threads, I got Jedd Johnsons bending book and the bag of nails. The bending book is great, already got something great out of it.

Long term goal is to be strong.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:52 AM, Ruairi said:

Hi all,

12 hours ago, Jamin Hayden said:

Hi my name is Jamin i am new to grip training i have always worked out but never realized how many things you can do to improve your grip and wrist strength until i seen videos Jedd Johnson has put on youtube and the information that he has supplied has really opened my eyes to the things i need to do to improve my wrist strength and grip strength. But anyway i hope to make friends in the grip community and find out information to help myself improve.   Thank You for allowing me to join the Gripboard site

Welcome!  @Ruairi @Jamin Hayden @BluePen

Hi guys! Im new here. My name is Andre Im a arm wrestler but I like grip training my goal is to certifie coc3+ at least and ghp7+ !! I have several grippers  now but never really train with it .. I can close coc 2.5 and ghp6 already ... thanks you all the site will improve my game im sure !! So many informations here !! Cya guys 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 9:03 AM, Ragnar said:

Hi guys! Im new here. My name is Andre Im a arm wrestler but I like grip training my goal is to certifie coc3+ at least and ghp7+ !! I have several grippers  now but never really train with it .. I can close coc 2.5 and ghp6 already ... thanks you all the site will improve my game im sure !! So many informations here !! Cya guys 

Welcome! @Ragnar

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, kev-OC said:

Good morning everyone, I'm Kevin and I'm new to the grip game. I have a long way to go but am hoping to eventually close a coc3

Welcome and good luck!

17 hours ago, kev-OC said:

Good morning everyone, I'm Kevin and I'm new to the grip game. I have a long way to go but am hoping to eventually close a coc3

Welcome to the GripBoard!

5 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

Kevin- East Coast. Lol.   Which grippers can you currently close?

I can close a IM 1 with my right hand and a 0.5 with my left. I started RRBT yesterday and will begin a log in that forum after I finish up today's workout 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, kev-OC said:

Welcome! @kev-OC

Hi all  just signed up to the board trying to find my way around! I am from Scotland and have had quite a strong  grip most of my life so decided to purchase the COC 1/2&3 can rep #1 and can close the # 2. A bit of work and hopefully I’ll be able to close the #3!! I am probably going to look at getting into the grip world in the uk is there any forums on here for the uk? Cheers Duncan 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Hi all  just signed up to the board trying to find my way around! I am from Scotland and have had quite a strong  grip most of my life so decided to purchase the COC 1/2&3 can rep #1 and can close the # 2. A bit of work and hopefully I’ll be able to close the #3!! I am probably going to look at getting into the grip world in the uk is there any forums on here for the uk? Cheers Duncan 

Nice start!  You may want to get the 2.5 as well, as the jump from 2 to 3 is quite a bit tougher than the jump from 1 to 2.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

Welcome to the GripBoard!  Like Vinnie wrote, the jump from a #2 to a #3 is pretty huge, but there is a ton of information here to help you get there.

Yeah was thinking about getting the coc 2.5! I can make the #3 parallel and that it!! I’ll get there!! Cheers 

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm a Martial Artist from Norway. Been struggling with RSI-like issues for the last 7 years, and I've recently come to the conclusion that babying your hands is the worst thing to do. At the moment i'm trying to figure out how to heal my hands, whilst also strengthening them.

2 hours ago, xyzzm said:

Hello! I'm a Martial Artist from Norway. Been struggling with RSI-like issues for the last 7 years, and I've recently come to the conclusion that babying your hands is the worst thing to do. At the moment i'm trying to figure out how to heal my hands, whilst also strengthening them.

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

What's up everyone -

Im Ryan, AKA BIGRT.   Some quick stats on me - I'm 6'3", 250 lbs, 25 years old living in Upstate NY.  I got my start in strength training through powerlifting, which I started at age 20.  I met Jedd Johnson at the NYS fair in 2016 and quickly became interested in trying and improving on all facets of grip strength.  As of recent I have been training with Joseph Sullivan, and learning quite a bit from him as well.  My lifts have been slowly but surely improving in all areas of grip, my focus right now is primarily on thick bar related feats and more specifically lifting the Inch DB.

Glad to be here-

BIGRT

Edited by BIGRT
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BIGRT said:

What's up everyone -

Im Ryan, AKA BIGRT.   Some quick stats on me - I'm 6'3", 250 lbs, 25 years old living in Upstate NY.  I got my start in strength training through powerlifting, which I started at age 20.  I met Jedd Johnson at the NYS fair in 2016 and quickly became interested in trying and improving on all facets of grip strength.  As of recent I have been training with Joseph Sullivan, and learning quite a bit from him as well.  My lifts have been slowly but surely improving in all areas of grip, my focus right now is primarily on thick bar related feats and more specifically lifting the Inch DB.

Glad to be here-

BIGRT

It’s about time you showed up BIG MANNNN!!!!!! WELCOME!

On 8/3/2018 at 4:46 PM, BIGRT said:

What's up everyone -

Glad to be here-

BIGRT

Welcome to the GripBoard!

• Like 1