NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hello folks from Austria.

Entered gripsort in June 2016 after I got an invite to a small local grip contest in my hometown where I did 1st in my weightclass and 2nd overall.
Since then I sticked to it extremly. That begins with setting up a place for training in my garage and ends with tinkering several different grip handles.
Cant tell I like something special of the grip events only the one I hmm... I dont like so much ;) .
IM CoC3 is closed but nothing special so far beside some standard nail and boltbending.

WfG Stübler Georg

On 10/15/2017 at 5:08 AM, Harrison said:

Howdy everyone,

My name is Harrison.  A friend of mine has CoC#1, #2 and #3. I am able to close the #2(right hand) but I couldn't even budge the #3. Bought the RRBT, today, because I'm stubborn and want to close the #3. I like the look of the program..."stick to the basics" and you don't need a lot of other grip equipment. 

7 hours ago, Stewy said:

Hello folks from Austria.

Entered gripsort in June 2016 after I got an invite to a small local grip contest in my hometown where I did 1st in my weightclass and 2nd overall.
Since then I sticked to it extremly. That begins with setting up a place for training in my garage and ends with tinkering several different grip handles.
Cant tell I like something special of the grip events only the one I hmm... I dont like so much ;) .
IM CoC3 is closed but nothing special so far beside some standard nail and boltbending.

WfG Stübler Georg

Welcome guys!

@Stewy @Harrison

Hello, new to the grip world have competed in 1 Grip meet and plan to do a lot more. Nice to meet you all and thank you name is VancouverGripper. 

Hi, everyone - I'm 35 and have been doing grip and bending exercises for a few months. I got started this summer when I was working at a day camp and someone asked me to have my group do a fake strongman show. I realized I didn't have the strength to do the equivalent feats, so I thought I'd set out to see what I can accomplish.

Right now I close a COC #2 right-handed on a good day and I'm working on making that consistent. I'm way more interested in short bending. I've worked my way up from 20Ds to 60Ds (double overhand style) sometimes using suede and sometimes using IMPs. Jedd's book and Sean Cashman's technique video have been tremendously helpful.

Long-term goals include COC #3 and a Red Nail. I'd love to just keep going as far as I can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2004 at 7:13 PM, Sybersnott said:

I like your attitude! :D

It's your screenname that scares me. :cry;)

Hello all! My name is Joe Sullivan from Syracuse area NY. I had jumped right  in head first like an eager fool  to postings here the past few days not realizing there were rules for etiquette and posting on forums such as this .  I am new to this so please forgive me. I have been involved in grip training for the past two years and started out with homemade equipment of PVC pipe and other crude implements. I finally got my hands on some real implements this past  December 2016. Rewind it to 2005 I was into powerlifting and required back and neck surgery. I thought my lifting days were over until I came across Jedd Johnson's videos in 2015 and thought I would give that a try. By the grace of God I am now healthy enough to get involved in a competetive strength sport! I got hooked from the very beginning. I met Jedd New Year's eve for a work out at his house 2016 where he introduced me to the inch dumbbell and all his other amazing toys that he has! We had an awesome three hour workout. My first competition will be this Saturday, October 28 King king  of grip as many of you know about and will be attending. The only expectation I have is to have a great time and to meet some great guys in the grip community. My goal for Grip sport is to motivate others to get involved and to be able to help as many people that I can with any knowledge I have acquired over the years from strength training. My goal is to get as strong as possible as many of you also have that obvious goal. I thank Jedd for setting the time aside and inviting me to his home not even knowing me yet so many times in the past year for our 3 hour marathon sessions! I would also like to thank Lucas Raymond for the custom equipment he has fabricated for me upon request! I welcome any Grip enthusiast to contact me and shoot the breeze about Grip and trade secrets on success! May the Lord Jesus Christ bless and keep you all safe and injury free in your training and life in general!     Joe Sullivan!

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Hello all! My name is Joe Sullivan from Syracuse area NY. I had jumped right  in head first like an eager fool  to postings here the past few days not realizing there were rules for etiquette and posting on forums such as this .  I am new to this so please forgive me. I have been involved in grip training for the past two years and started out with homemade equipment of PVC pipe and other crude implements. I finally got my hands on some real implements this past  December 2016. Rewind it to 2005 I was into powerlifting and required back and neck surgery. I thought my lifting days were over until I came across Jedd Johnson's videos in 2015 and thought I would give that a try. By the grace of God I am now healthy enough to get involved in a competetive strength sport! I got hooked from the very beginning. I met Jedd New Year's eve for a work out at his house 2016 where he introduced me to the inch dumbbell and all his other amazing toys that he has! We had an awesome three hour workout. My first competition will be this Saturday, October 28 King king  of grip as many of you know about and will be attending. The only expectation I have is to have a great time and to meet some great guys in the grip community. My goal for Grip sport is to motivate others to get involved and to be able to help as many people that I can with any knowledge I have acquired over the years from strength training. My goal is to get as strong as possible as many of you also have that obvious goal. I thank Jedd for setting the time aside and inviting me to his home not even knowing me yet so many times in the past year for our 3 hour marathon sessions! I would also like to thank Lucas Raymond for the custom equipment he has fabricated for me upon request! I welcome any Grip enthusiast to contact me and shoot the breeze about Grip and trade secrets on success! May the Lord Jesus Christ bless and keep you all safe and injury free in your training and life in general!     Joe Sullivan!

Welcome!

Hello grip enthusiasts!

i am a 48-year-old husband, father, and prosecutor, 5'6" tall, 180 pounds but should be 160.  I am a member of a gym but I don't go enough.  I had cancer when I was ten years old and the radiation to my torso stunted my growth so that it is smaller than it should have been and I am shorter than the men in my family usually are - most are about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.  In short, I have big arms and legs for a short guy.  I also have low lung capacity from the cancer treatments, so running is not a great option as I get winded too easily.  So naturally, I am drawn to arm and leg exercises.

I got into grippers because I recently became interested in arm wrestling, which I've liked since I was a kid because -- no surprise given my medical issue -- i can often beat people who are much bigger than I am.  I was humbled (soundly beaten) at my first tournament though, because there is a lot more to good arm wrestling than being able to surprise people in a bar who don't really arm wrestle.  What I did learn from the tournament though was that they recommended captains of crush grippers.  I got the set of 1, 1.5, and 2, and I could almost do the 2 with my right and barely the 1.5 with my left.  So, I worked on those for a while, and in about six months I could just barely do the 2.5 with my right and a few reps with the two on my left.  But I also overdid it some, got some tendinitis, and stopped for a few months.  Now I'm being more careful not to go crazy, warming up better, doing expand bands, and not trying to max all the time, and I'm back to doing the 2.5 once.

My goal from joining is twofold:  first, to learn.  I am an academic at heart.  I have become interested in grip strength and now I want to learn about it, and there are lots of folks on here who have knowledge to share.  Second, to motivate.  I would like to improve my grip strength, along with my overall health (losing 20 pounds to start!).  So I would like to use what I learn here and elsewhere to help guide me toward taking a stab at certifying on the COC 3.  Everyone says it, few do it, and I have no idea if I'll ever succeed.  But if I become healthier trying, I will count it as a win regardless.

Thanks for reading, folks!  Cheers!

vinnie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

Hello grip enthusiasts!

i am a 48-year-old husband, father, and prosecutor, 5'6" tall, 180 pounds but should be 160.  I am a member of a gym but I don't go enough.  I had cancer when I was ten years old and the radiation to my torso stunted my growth so that it is smaller than it should have been and I am shorter than the men in my family usually are - most are about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.  In short, I have big arms and legs for a short guy.  I also have low lung capacity from the cancer treatments, so running is not a great option as I get winded too easily.  So naturally, I am drawn to arm and leg exercises.

I got into grippers because I recently became interested in arm wrestling, which I've liked since I was a kid because -- no surprise given my medical issue -- i can often beat people who are much bigger than I am.  I was humbled (soundly beaten) at my first tournament though, because there is a lot more to good arm wrestling than being able to surprise people in a bar who don't really arm wrestle.  What I did learn from the tournament though was that they recommended captains of crush grippers.  I got the set of 1, 1.5, and 2, and I could almost do the 2 with my right and barely the 1.5 with my left.  So, I worked on those for a while, and in about six months I could just barely do the 2.5 with my right and a few reps with the two on my left.  But I also overdid it some, got some tendinitis, and stopped for a few months.  Now I'm being more careful not to go crazy, warming up better, doing expand bands, and not trying to max all the time, and I'm back to doing the 2.5 once.

My goal from joining is twofold:  first, to learn.  I am an academic at heart.  I have become interested in grip strength and now I want to learn about it, and there are lots of folks on here who have knowledge to share.  Second, to motivate.  I would like to improve my grip strength, along with my overall health (losing 20 pounds to start!).  So I would like to use what I learn here and elsewhere to help guide me toward taking a stab at certifying on the COC 3.  Everyone says it, few do it, and I have no idea if I'll ever succeed.  But if I become healthier trying, I will count it as a win regardless.

vinnie

Welcome Vinnie! 

You are like many of us who have been bitten by the grip bug and have a passion for building "mighty   mitts"! If you train consistently and give yourself proper rest and prehab/ being sure to work your extensors in conjunction with your flexor for a balanced ante brachium then you will succeed! It all comes down to your will! God bless you brother and keep you healthy on your road to the number 3! 

Joe Sullivan 

Hello,

I´m 25 years old physiotherapist student from Finland, I weight 120-125kg (265-275lbs) @195cm/6.5. I´ve always been all about training for function and performance instead of looks. I´m intrested in all around strength sports, and I have competed in powerlifting, weighted pull-ups and indoor rowing. My goal is to compete in strongman and highland games next year aswell (+maybe in armwrestling). So I guess my biggest weakness at this point is trying to compete in everything.

My first grip competition was Finnish nationals in Febtuary 2017, after that I´ve been competed in 4 different events including WHEA Worlds and KK2017. I´ve done quite well against top EU gripsters in competition so far, but didn´t quite manage to bring my "A" game to KK2017. I think my biggest achievements so far are winning WHEA Worlds and SAWO Open competition against Harri Tolonen, Tomi Tuomi, Thomas Larsen, Paul Savage and Arto Joronen who are all world class gripsters.

I bought FatGripz in 2016, but my first real touch to GripSports was when I visited Henri Hermolas gym @Heinola and the same summer when I lifted the INCH with very little training. My strength is my wrist and fingers for sure and weakness my thumb strength. I train grip 2-5 times a week depending on my other goals, all my training is well planned and I try to threat my self as an "real" athlete.

My current goals are to spread the word of gripsport and hopefully bring new people to the sport  in Finland, and of course win KK 2018, Clean INCH, 2x25kg Pinch, #4 Close.

Jesse Pynnönen

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Hello,

I´m 25 years old physiotherapist student from Finland, I weight 120-125kg (265-275lbs) @195cm/6.5. I´ve always been all about training for function and performance instead of looks. I´m intrested in all around strength sports, and I have competed in powerlifting, weighted pull-ups and indoor rowing. My goal is to compete in strongman and highland games next year aswell (+maybe in armwrestling). So I guess my biggest weakness at this point is trying to compete in everything.

My first grip competition was Finnish nationals in Febtuary 2017, after that I´ve been competed in 4 different events including WHEA Worlds and KK2017. I´ve done quite well against top EU gripsters in competition so far, but didn´t quite manage to bring my "A" game to KK2017. I think my biggest achievements so far are winning WHEA Worlds and SAWO Open competition against Harri Tolonen, Tomi Tuomi, Thomas Larsen, Paul Savage and Arto Joronen who are all world class gripsters.

I bought FatGripz in 2016, but my first real touch to GripSports was when I visited Henri Hermolas gym @Heinola and the same summer when I lifted the INCH with very little training. My strength is my wrist and fingers for sure and weakness my thumb strength. I train grip 2-5 times a week depending on my other goals, all my training is well planned and I try to threat my self as an "real" athlete.

My current goals are to spread the word of gripsport and hopefully bring new people to the sport  in Finland, and of course win KK 2018, Clean INCH, 2x25kg Pinch, #4 Close.

Jesse Pynnönen

Hello Jesse!  

Welcome to the grip board brother! It sounds like you have some great achievements under your belt and  many more goals to achieve! It is great to be able to converse with grip athletes from all over Gods green earth and to have the good fortune to compete alongside each other as we did at King Kong Grip challenge! Good luck with all of your endeavors and keep up the awesome work you are doing! Godspeed! 

Joe Sullivan

22 hours ago, Vin said:

Hello grip enthusiasts!

vinnie

Welcome!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mywor said:

Hello,

Jesse Pynnönen

Welcome!!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Juliet Lancaster Avila, and I have been training grip for four months now. It's kind of intimidating, but as far as I can see, I may be the only female member of The GripBoard. Lol. I am a high school swimming and field events throwing coach and was introduced to grip sport by Nate Brous who is not only a personal friend by the father of one of my former swimmers. In late June 2017, he invited me to try lifting some stuff in his gym, and after I did, he flew up the stairs straight to his computer to check the NAGS rankings.  Apparently, I had great potential in the sport.

With only three weeks of training, I competed in the SJ4 competition, taking the Women's NAGS record in the flask with 21kg and closing 30.84kg grippers to tie for first. Unfortunately, overwhelming nerves and lack of experience resulted in me blanking on crusher, but after that, I was more determined than ever to prove just how much I could do. 

As a 41 year old mother of two, it's hard to find the time to train, but when I decided to compete at King Kong, I made sure to get in two days of grip training with Coach Nate as well as my usual two mornings of swimming with my USS Master's Swim program at the local pool. I swam all through high school and college and still hold my high school's shot put record, finishing second in the state of NJ my senior year.  I've always loved the weight training associated with these sports, but got away from it in my thirties after my girls were born. 

King Kong 2017 was an awesome experience for me.  I competed at Nate's venue with a bunch of great guys, including my husband, and ended up finishing 6th overall in the Women's Open.  In fact, according to the Nate and the NAGS top 100 rankings, I broke three NAGS records at the event although they have yet to be officially posted on the site. Flask:  24kg, Crusher:  41kg, and Vbar:  76kg.  I also did my best lift on stub with 11kg.  As a 142 pound woman, not many people expect me to be strong, but I take pride in the fact that I am and that I keep myself in shape so that I can achieve these types of feats even at my age. 

Currently, my goals are to close 80 lbs on grippers, break the NAGS record on stub, and win a medal at a grip competition.

Thank you for welcoming me to your club!!!

Juliet 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Juliet said:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Juliet Lancaster Avila, and I have been training grip for four months now. It's kind of intimidating, but as far as I can see, I may be the only female member of The GripBoard. Lol. I am a high school swimming and field events throwing coach and was introduced to grip sport by Nate Brous who is not only a personal friend by the father of one of my former swimmers. In late June 2017, he invited me to try lifting some stuff in his gym, and after I did, he flew up the stairs straight to his computer to check the NAGS rankings.  Apparently, I had great potential in the sport.

With only three weeks of training, I competed in the SJ4 competition, taking the Women's NAGS record in the flask with 21kg and closing 30.84kg grippers to tie for first. Unfortunately, overwhelming nerves and lack of experience resulted in me blanking on crusher, but after that, I was more determined than ever to prove just how much I could do. 

As a 41 year old mother of two, it's hard to find the time to train, but when I decided to compete at King Kong, I made sure to get in two days of grip training with Coach Nate as well as my usual two mornings of swimming with my USS Master's Swim program at the local pool. I swam all through high school and college and still hold my high school's shot put record, finishing second in the state of NJ my senior year.  I've always loved the weight training associated with these sports, but got away from it in my thirties after my girls were born. 

King Kong 2017 was an awesome experience for me.  I competed at Nate's venue with a bunch of great guys, including my husband, and ended up finishing 6th overall in the Women's Open.  In fact, according to the Nate and the NAGS top 100 rankings, I broke three NAGS records at the event although they have yet to be officially posted on the site. Flask:  24kg, Crusher:  41kg, and Vbar:  76kg.  I also did my best lift on stub with 11kg.  As a 142 pound woman, not many people expect me to be strong, but I take pride in the fact that I am and that I keep myself in shape so that I can achieve these types of feats even at my age. 

Currently, my goals are to close 80 lbs on grippers, break the NAGS record on stub, and win a medal at a grip competition.

Juliet 

Welcome! Awesome to have you here @Juliet!

We don't have too many female members.

People - hello! 

Very happy to have found this site and the wealth of info available. Great to have so many knowledgable contributors. Have been lurking for a while without posting. I am mid 30s male, 6 ft 2 and around 217 lbs (although currently out of shape, should be around 190)

my route to grip training - Until recently I've never weight trained consistently in my life. instead played football (soccer) and boxed to a decent level - when I was a lot younger and a lot lot lot lighter

despite boxing I have always had weak, small, somewhat puny hands and skinny forearms. It's never really bothered me. I used to have to train in bigger gloves and protect my hands and I have always been a little conscious being a taller dude And looking a little skinny and awkward, but never really an issue

However, recently I've found my grip being a real barrier to certain lifts in the gym, as well as letting me down on another new hobby, rock climbing. this got me really fascinated in grip and grip exercises as it was something I had never really thought about before.

after a few clicks on google here I am. Jumped in and bought the coc grippers, can only close the 1 !!! Feel a bit pathetic! going to start the beginners pinch and curl exercises in the newby routine and continue with the grippers

what do I want to achieve? I realise with hand size and not being a strong guy I'm never going to compete with some of the amazing feats of strength on here, but I would really like to push myself and see how far I can go. I've always liked a challenge. Moving up the coc grippers is the main target, and some noticeable improvement in grip as I try to improve in lifting and climbing. And if it sticks a bit of extra meat on these paws it would be a bonus too :)

not likely to be a regular poster but I will be here in the background tapping in to all this info and will keep you posted as I (hopefully) move up the grippers !

cheers

ken

11 hours ago, KK051 said:

People - hello! 

Very happy to have found this site and the wealth of info available. Great to have so many knowledgable contributors. Have been lurking for a while without posting. I am mid 30s male, 6 ft 2 and around 217 lbs (although currently out of shape, should be around 190)

my route to grip training - Until recently I've never weight trained consistently in my life. instead played football (soccer) and boxed to a decent level - when I was a lot younger and a lot lot lot lighter

despite boxing I have always had weak, small, somewhat puny hands and skinny forearms. It's never really bothered me. I used to have to train in bigger gloves and protect my hands and I have always been a little conscious being a taller dude And looking a little skinny and awkward, but never really an issue

However, recently I've found my grip being a real barrier to certain lifts in the gym, as well as letting me down on another new hobby, rock climbing. this got me really fascinated in grip and grip exercises as it was something I had never really thought about before.

after a few clicks on google here I am. Jumped in and bought the coc grippers, can only close the 1 !!! Feel a bit pathetic! going to start the beginners pinch and curl exercises in the newby routine and continue with the grippers

what do I want to achieve? I realise with hand size and not being a strong guy I'm never going to compete with some of the amazing feats of strength on here, but I would really like to push myself and see how far I can go. I've always liked a challenge. Moving up the coc grippers is the main target, and some noticeable improvement in grip as I try to improve in lifting and climbing. And if it sticks a bit of extra meat on these paws it would be a bonus too :)

not likely to be a regular poster but I will be here in the background tapping in to all this info and will keep you posted as I (hopefully) move up the grippers !

cheers

ken

Welcome @KK051 Ken!

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, Juliet said:

Hello Everyone,

Juliet 

Welcome, Juliet!  Those are great numbers at your bodyweight, especially the vbar!  I assume that is 2" vbar.  Nate is an awesome guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm from San Francisco bay area, I weigh 170 lb at 6'0 (183cm) and I've been training grip for almost a year now.

My goal is to close #3 CCS by end of next year!

Cheers

6 hours ago, Mr. Grip said:

Hi everyone,

I'm from San Francisco bay area, I weigh 170 lb at 6'0 (183cm) and I've been training grip for almost a year now.

My goal is to close #3 CCS by end of next year!

Cheers

Welcome @Mr. Grip!

Hello everyone.

I am a 24 year old male living in the UK and a gripping newbie. I've recently been bitten by the bug. My interest developed almost overnight after I watched Dennis Rogers bending/tearing various objects on a TV show. I didn't realise it was possible for a person to do those things! Especially by someone who isn't the size of a small truck.

You might say I'm a naturally gifted weakling - I lost an arm wrestling match to my (younger) sister when I was a teenager, and remember being called 'mr weak' at school.  I'm about 6ft tall and have consistently weighed somewhere between 120lbs and 150lbs (140lbs currently). I've done some bodyweight training before but otherwise I've no experience in strength training - certainly not heavy weightlifting. For all my strength deficiencies, I think the area of greatest severity has always been grip. Whenever I've shaken a person's hand (almost anyone), my OWN hand has felt like a dead fish in comparison, and fuelling my car at the pump has been a genuine workout for my right hand.

It's been six weeks since I started to train my hands. I've been following a routine adapted from Tommy Heslep's book, using CoC grippers, elastic bands for extensors, some pinching and wrist curls. I have been astonished by the changes in this short space of time! When my CoC Guide first arrived I couldn't actually close it with my dominant hand at the initial attempt (no really...). On Monday, I closed the Trainer for the first time! My hands are noticeably thicker and my forearm and bicep measurments have both increased by about an inch (from naff all to naff all + an inch...), my wrist by 1/4 - 1/2 an inch. I've also developed an awareness of how much I use these muscles every day, and how much easier day to day tasks are than they were before. Now I wonder how I made do with such weak hands for so long! 

Overall I'm delighted to have discovered a new obsse...hobby, from seemingly out of nowhere and look forward to making more progress in the future (and reading about/watching that of others on here). I'm taking some time to let my arms/hands recover now because I think I've pushed them hard a bit too fast after a lifetime of inaction. My goal is to close the CoC no. 1 by April 2018 (sooner if possible) and have a good crack at the no. 2 by the end of 2018. Long term, my dream is to close the no. 3, but for now I know I must take things day by day and give my hands time to adapt.

I have already benefited greatly from reading threads on this forum from experienced gripsters, and hope one day to be able to give back to it myself.

End of ramble.

Happy gripping!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello grip enthusiasts!  I accidentally made a new account without realizing I had signed up a year or so ago on facebook or something.  Actually I'm confused as to exactly how I got two, but one is Vin and one is Vinnie.  I'm deleting Vin, where I posted my introduction, and sticking with Vinnie.  So this is just a paste from Vin, who is going to disappear (if I can achieve that):

<<I am a 48-year-old husband, father, and prosecutor, 5'6" tall, 180 pounds but should be 160.  I am a member of a gym but I don't go enough.  I had cancer when I was ten years old and the radiation to my torso stunted my growth so that it is smaller than it should have been and I am shorter than the men in my family usually are - most are about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.  In short, I have big arms and legs for a short guy.  I also have low lung capacity from the cancer treatments, so running is not a great option as I get winded too easily.  So naturally, I am drawn to arm and leg exercises.

vinnie>>

So some of you have already said "welcome" and I have even met some of you in person, but still pretty much a newbie.  Looking forward to getting to know you all better on here and at events! 

Vinnie

Vinnie - this is going to sound weird, but you look familiar....do you have a youtube video of you closing the 2.5? I have watched a very disturbing amount of gripper videos on there, it’s a bit of an obsession lol, and I’m pretty sure you were in one that I watched

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 5:59 AM, WimptoChimp said:

Hello everyone.

I am a 24 year old male living in the UK and a gripping newbie. I've recently been bitten by the bug. My interest developed almost overnight after I watched Dennis Rogers bending/tearing various objects on a TV show. I didn't realise it was possible for a person to do those things! Especially by someone who isn't the size of a small truck.

You might say I'm a naturally gifted weakling - I lost an arm wrestling match to my (younger) sister when I was a teenager, and remember being called 'mr weak' at school.  I'm about 6ft tall and have consistently weighed somewhere between 120lbs and 150lbs (140lbs currently). I've done some bodyweight training before but otherwise I've no experience in strength training - certainly not heavy weightlifting. For all my strength deficiencies, I think the area of greatest severity has always been grip. Whenever I've shaken a person's hand (almost anyone), my OWN hand has felt like a dead fish in comparison, and fuelling my car at the pump has been a genuine workout for my right hand.

It's been six weeks since I started to train my hands. I've been following a routine adapted from Tommy Heslep's book, using CoC grippers, elastic bands for extensors, some pinching and wrist curls. I have been astonished by the changes in this short space of time! When my CoC Guide first arrived I couldn't actually close it with my dominant hand at the initial attempt (no really...). On Monday, I closed the Trainer for the first time! My hands are noticeably thicker and my forearm and bicep measurments have both increased by about an inch (from naff all to naff all + an inch...), my wrist by 1/4 - 1/2 an inch. I've also developed an awareness of how much I use these muscles every day, and how much easier day to day tasks are than they were before. Now I wonder how I made do with such weak hands for so long! 

Overall I'm delighted to have discovered a new obsse...hobby, from seemingly out of nowhere and look forward to making more progress in the future (and reading about/watching that of others on here). I'm taking some time to let my arms/hands recover now because I think I've pushed them hard a bit too fast after a lifetime of inaction. My goal is to close the CoC no. 1 by April 2018 (sooner if possible) and have a good crack at the no. 2 by the end of 2018. Long term, my dream is to close the no. 3, but for now I know I must take things day by day and give my hands time to adapt.

I have already benefited greatly from reading threads on this forum from experienced gripsters, and hope one day to be able to give back to it myself.

End of ramble.

Happy gripping!

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Hello grip enthusiasts!  I accidentally made a new account without realizing I had signed up a year or so ago on facebook or something.  Actually I'm confused as to exactly how I got two, but one is Vin and one is Vinnie.  I'm deleting Vin, where I posted my introduction, and sticking with Vinnie.  So this is just a paste from Vin, who is going to disappear (if I can achieve that):

<<I am a 48-year-old husband, father, and prosecutor, 5'6" tall, 180 pounds but should be 160.  I am a member of a gym but I don't go enough.  I had cancer when I was ten years old and the radiation to my torso stunted my growth so that it is smaller than it should have been and I am shorter than the men in my family usually are - most are about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.  In short, I have big arms and legs for a short guy.  I also have low lung capacity from the cancer treatments, so running is not a great option as I get winded too easily.  So naturally, I am drawn to arm and leg exercises.

vinnie>>

So some of you have already said "welcome" and I have even met some of you in person, but still pretty much a newbie.  Looking forward to getting to know you all better on here and at events! 

Vinnie

Welcome @Vinnie and @WimptoChimp!

• Like 1

I'm DAVE101, been a member for 3 and a half years, but now I'm jacking my post count up so I can find this supposed buy/sell/trade marketplace.

Not that I think anyone would care, but I'd prefer to remain publicly anonymous and not post personal information such as my real name, age, address, physical attributes, hobbies, bank account number, self pics, dick pics, criminal history etc.

3 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

I'm DAVE101, been a member for 3 and a half years, but now I'm jacking my post count up so I can find this supposed buy/sell/trade marketplace.

Not that I think anyone would care, but I'd prefer to remain publicly anonymous and not post personal information such as my real name, age, address, physical attributes, hobbies, bank account number, self pics, dick pics, criminal history etc.

What a solid addition to the community 😂

• Haha 2