NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

1 hour ago, patrickmeniru said:

Welcome to the Gripboard! Sorry to hear about your injury, but I'm sure you'll get back stronger than ever with time and patience.

Ironmind will cert you on the #3 if you can meet their criteria and pay for the privilege of giving the cert a go - they ship out a fresh gripper that has to be opened and then closed from at least the width of a credit card in front of a witness or two to prevent people tampering with grippers to make them easier.

If you're interested mainly in grippers, don't forget to explore the other areas of gripstrength, lots of info in the forms here and building a good overall base of thickbar, pinch, wrist strength, extensors etc. will massively help your gripper strength potential as well as avoid injury and keep training interesting.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the welcoming response patrickmeniru!

I made a homemade wrist roller with a 20lbs dumbbell. Going to do some research for the other methods you were kind enough to mention! Regards!

[....If any of you guys watch WWE/UFC, my screen name is a reference to Brock Lesnar, biggest traps I've ever seen. And the guy needs 4*XL gloves which is insane to imagine him trying Captains of Crush!....]

My 3 grippers just came via FedEx about an hour ago this morning. Damn these things are definetly built to last aren't they?

I really like the rough feeling of these grippers, they're sure to build up callous on the finger's and palm but that's how you get stronger! :)

I really liked the packaging as well, and I really appreciate the integrity of the product. Money well spent I must say and the investment will be paid off through my progression of the many levels of these grippers!

I opened my set of 3 grippers in order of weakest to hardest to get a feel of the resisitence levels. I had purchased the first 3 in the line which includes: Guide, Sport, and Trainer.

The "Guide" gripper first which is rated at (60lb's or 27kgs) was quite easy, and tapped away 40 reps on each hand before saying that's enough and moving on, not being able to resist the "Sport" gripper!

I opened up the "Sport" next, coming in at (80lbs or 36kgs) there's a "S" on the bottom which I'm assuming is short for "Sport"? Anyways I got to 25 on my left hand in which will be the focus of my therapy with these grippers. My right hand I'm think is roughly 40% stronger than my left due to the injury. I did my 40 on my right which felt great before moving on to the big guy...

Lastly the Trainer! Which is rated at 100 lbs or 45 kgs. I was eager to see how many reps I could do and could only get about 12 reps on my left hand (injury). My right hand I got to 44 reps before my wrist started to pop on each rep, could've gone more but my right hand isn't the focus of my training.

I'm eager to get in as many sets in today with the trainer, and the Guide and Sport should serve me well as great warm up gripper and are still challenging for higher rep workouts.

You are only as strong as your weakest hand, and therefore my training goals  are going to be more directed to leveling out my grip strength for both hands and hopefully getting my left to atleast 80 percent as strong as my right hand.

A significant note, my left index doesn't bend anymore so when I squeeze the gripper, only the ring to pinky is generating strength. My thumb took quite a toll as well jn the injury.

Going to do more sets! Please, I would really love some feedback for a very enthusiastic beginner!!!

-M

Edited by Beast_Incarnate

4 hours ago, Beast_Incarnate said:

Thank you for the welcoming response patrickmeniru!

I made a homemade wrist roller with a 20lbs dumbbell. Going to do some research for the other methods you were kind enough to mention! Regards!

[....If any of you guys watch WWE/UFC, my screen name is a reference to Brock Lesnar, biggest traps I've ever seen. And the guy needs 4*XL gloves which is insane to imagine him trying Captains of Crush!....]

My 3 grippers just came via FedEx about an hour ago this morning. Damn these things are definetly built to last aren't they?

I really like the rough feeling of these grippers, they're sure to build up callous on the finger's and palm but that's how you get stronger! :)

I really liked the packaging as well, and I really appreciate the integrity of the product. Money well spent I must say and the investment will be paid off through my progression of the many levels of these grippers!

I opened my set of 3 grippers in order of weakest to hardest to get a feel of the resisitence levels. I had purchased the first 3 in the line which includes: Guide, Sport, and Trainer.

The "Guide" gripper first which is rated at (60lb's or 27kgs) was quite easy, and tapped away 40 reps on each hand before saying that's enough and moving on, not being able to resist the "Sport" gripper!

I opened up the "Sport" next, coming in at (80lbs or 36kgs) there's a "S" on the bottom which I'm assuming is short for "Sport"? Anyways I got to 25 on my left hand in which will be the focus of my therapy with these grippers. My right hand I'm think is roughly 40% stronger than my left due to the injury. I did my 40 on my right which felt great before moving on to the big guy...

Lastly the Trainer! Which is rated at 100 lbs or 45 kgs. I was eager to see how many reps I could do and could only get about 12 reps on my left hand (injury). My right hand I got to 44 reps before my wrist started to pop on each rep, could've gone more but my right hand isn't the focus of my training.

I'm eager to get in as many sets in today with the trainer, and the Guide and Sport should serve me well as great warm up gripper and are still challenging for higher rep workouts.

You are only as strong as your weakest hand, and therefore my training goals  are going to be more directed to leveling out my grip strength for both hands and hopefully getting my left to atleast 80 percent as strong as my right hand.

A significant note, my left index doesn't bend anymore so when I squeeze the gripper, only the ring to pinky is generating strength. My thumb took quite a toll as well jn the injury.

Going to do more sets! Please, I would really love some feedback for a very enthusiastic beginner!!!

-M

Nice job man, sounds like you need to get some heavier grippers! Although of course building up some volume with the grippers you have is also a good idea (although one thing I would say as general grip training advice - try to avoid doing too much too soon, it's super tempting to just blast hundreds of reps a week but this can result in injuries as the grippers are more taxing than they seem - I don't think you'll run into many problems with the grippers you have, but as you go to heavier grippers like the #1 and above, be careful that the volume is manageable, especially if you're already doing other gym training often, because you use your grip all the time doing that).

I would suggest using the search function to try and get advice on training methods etc, if you still have questions then maybe think about posting something in the Gripboard thread if you want advice on training methods, or if you want to document training then use the Workouts and Training Routines thread - this thread is primarily just for people to introduce themselves.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:14 AM, Latgalian said:

Hello!

My name is Juris, I'm 27, 6'0, 224 lbs, I'm lifting for almost 6 years (squat - 506 lbs, bench - 374 lbs, deadlift - 627 lbs), but all the time grip was my weak point, so I started gripping few weeks ago. As for now I can close CoC 2 and training for CoC 3 certification (maybe, someday).

On 11/28/2016 at 7:58 PM, Luke Otting said:

Hi Everyone!

I joined this group because I want to increase my grip, I need a group to teach me, and I like lifting.

Just started a log; I hope you will follow me and push me on!

Also, what are mash monster grippers and how are they different from CoC grippers?

Welcome to the Gripboard guys!

Hi,

My Name is Austo i am 21 and from East Germany.

A couple months ago i bought myself HG grippers, and i made quite some Progress.

I want to Exchange experiences and share and find Infos, get Motivation from this forum

On 12/5/2016 at 8:37 AM, Austo said:

Hi,

My Name is Austo i am 21 and from East Germany.

A couple months ago i bought myself HG grippers, and i made quite some Progress.

I want to Exchange experiences and share and find Infos, get Motivation from this forum

Welcome! @Austo

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be a new member to th Gripboard!  I became addicted to grip training a year ago and am looking to keep improving.  I have always had an office job so I was always self conscious of having sub par grip strength.  I started adding in grip training to my regular workout and was hooked and loved the progress I made.  Currently I can close the coc #2 and my main goal is to close the 2.5.  I have sadly plateaued now Tho, which brings me here.  I can get the 2.5 to about a centimeter but cannot seem to progress beyond.  I would welcome any advice on this.

Equipment: coc T, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 & 3

i also have a rolling thunder.

currently I train grippers once per day week and The RT once per week

gripper day is low volume high intensity:

Coc 2: 3x3 + 5 sec hold on last rep (sometimes failing on last reps and then just fighting negative)

then coc 1.5 as a finisher 

22 minutes ago, AdamHegemon said:

Hello everyone,

I am excited to be a new member to th Gripboard!  I became addicted to grip training a year ago and am looking to keep improving.  I have always had an office job so I was always self conscious of having sub par grip strength.  I started adding in grip training to my regular workout and was hooked and loved the progress I made.  Currently I can close the coc #2 and my main goal is to close the 2.5.  I have sadly plateaued now Tho, which brings me here.  I can get the 2.5 to about a centimeter but cannot seem to progress beyond.  I would welcome any advice on this.

Coc 2: 3x3 + 5 sec hold on last rep (sometimes failing on last reps and then just fighting negative)

Welcome. This website is invaluable for all aspects of grip

• 2 weeks later...

I have the location and equipment.  Im working on the athletes.  I am teaching some grip classes at a local boulder gym, as well as doing strength assessments.  I plan to get my rock climbing community, crossfit, and powerlifting friends involved.  The main issue is knowing what events to hold, how to judge them, etc.. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 3:26 PM, AdamHegemon said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, piralien said:

Hello from Germany, started with coc grippers last year. closing #2 and almost #2.5 

This board will help you achieve whatever grip goals - you just have use a filter with that info, like everything in life. Welcome!

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, piralien said:

Hello from Germany, started with coc grippers last year. closing #2 and almost #2.5 

Hallo aus Fürth, Bayern! Wo kommst du her?

2 hours ago, piralien said:

Welcome, see you next week.

My definite goal is to smash the handles of my Captains of Crush no 2 against each other. Especially because

I have skinny wrists and my height is ´only` 173 cm and I weigh just 64 kg, that´s why it would feel extremely rewarding

to go ´against` my ´natural` biology and against what other people tell me (for example, when I closed the Trainer with

pure willpower ´´they`` already thought I must have taken steroids). BTW I´m 18 years old.

21 hours ago, piralien said:

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hey everyone, I'm Daniel and I'm green to grip training.  I'm a competitive action pistol shooter and am starting to work on grip strength mainly for that.  I would like to do it just to get stronger as well.  I used to be into lifting, but had a baby and lost my workout room.  Im 30 years old 6' tall and around 180 lbs.  Not in as good of shape as I used to be in unfortunately.  My limited grip training has been on the gripmasters.  Those were nice at first because i could isolate my trigger finger.  I just started using the extra heavy one recently and am realizing i just need to move on to real grippers.  I was going to go with captains of crush, but the zeniths were recommended as well as the ironmind bands (I have tendinitis from dryfiring my gun).  Ill probably start with the trainer or #1 and use gripmasters as warm ups

Hi Everyone, I'm new to grip training, started in Oct 2016 but I have been strength training since the late 90s. Mostly just do kettlebell and bodyweight training nowadays and recently started training with grippers. I started with the CoC Trainer and I've just now closed the #1.5. My goal for 2017 is to close the GHP5 and give the finger to psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

I'm looking forward to learning about the various different aspects and disciplines of grip training as I continue my journey.

6 hours ago, DKnoch said:

Hey everyone, I'm Daniel and I'm green to grip training.  I'm a competitive action pistol shooter and am starting to work on grip strength mainly for that.  I would like to do it just to get stronger as well.  I used to be into lifting, but had a baby and lost my workout room.  Im 30 years old 6' tall and around 180 lbs.  Not in as good of shape as I used to be in unfortunately.  My limited grip training has been on the gripmasters.  Those were nice at first because i could isolate my trigger finger.  I just started using the extra heavy one recently and am realizing i just need to move on to real grippers.  I was going to go with captains of crush, but the zeniths were recommended as well as the ironmind bands (I have tendinitis from dryfiring my gun).  Ill probably start with the trainer or #1 and use gripmasters as warm ups

5 hours ago, JD Murray said:

Hi Everyone, I'm new to grip training, started in Oct 2016 but I have been strength training since the late 90s. Mostly just do kettlebell and bodyweight training nowadays and recently started training with grippers. I started with the CoC Trainer and I've just now closed the #1.5. My goal for 2017 is to close the GHP5 and give the finger to psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

I'm looking forward to learning about the various different aspects and disciplines of grip training as I continue my journey.

2 hours ago, rajas said:

Hi,

I m Rajas. Interested in Grip training. 

Welcome guys to the GripBoard!

Hello everyone, I have been a competitive rock climber for 11 years. Recently I have gotten really into the idea of beginning arm wrestling training. I watched videos of Alexey voevoda (and others) training videos, and noticed them performing one arm pull ups, and many other pulling routines that us rock climbers use in our workouts. my interest in grip strength training recently peaked, so I went out and bought some COC grippers. So far I have successfully closed the #2.5, and I am about 3mm away from closing the #3 (deep set). I am encouraged to continue my gripper training, as I have never trained grip strength before. Look forward to what is in store for me. I am sure it involves pain and squeezing water from rocks! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Welcome! Have you backed away from the comp climbing to pursue the arm wrestling and grip training? If you dig around the usual climbing sites the common wisdom is tsg's won't carry over to climbing. This might be true, but it is interesting to me that, like yourself perhaps, i was able to close the #2 & #2.5 in a relatively short period. Since you are a comp climber, how is your 2HP? I would think pinching is found more often in comp problems than on rock.

I have not backed away from comp climbing, but more broadened my focus. I tore my LCL awhile back, so rock climbing has taken a back seat. I know that tsg's wont benefit my climbing, I just want to start training a different type of strength training. I still want to maintain my strength to body weight ratio, so traditional barbell training is out. I am currently 6' and 168lbs, 24 years old. I have never tested my 2HP, but I know that my static hand strength (like pinching) is much better than my dynamic strength (TSG).

Hi all, I'm Taylor and have just started to train grip. I competed in powerlifting pretty seriously for a while but haven't done so in a few years. I've played with grippers and the IM hub a bit in the past but nothing serious or consistent. I've closed the 2.5 and done 45# on the hub. Just got a good deal on some york 100 fatman bells and made some blobs so that's my new long term goal. Ready to learn all I can about the grip world

• Like 1