NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi my name is Roger Roberson .. 6ft 290lbs . I used to train some what with heavy gripps I had 3-4 years ago I had the 250-300-350 I managed to close the 300 for 2-3 reps then kinda faded away from grip for few years then recently got back into the sport and have set some goals I kinda want be able to close a #4 or one of the grippers in that range I've always been pretty strong besides my grip strength. Being able to hit 405 4x10 on bench press and some heavy leg lifts . So hope to get back in the the sport and keep my self motivated . I've started doing vertical leg presses every day since I don't have a squat rack trying to keep it pretty heavy but not to much to wear the muscles cant stay healed and so they can keep pumping the testosterone out . Started out with just 2 grip work outs each week until I can kinda adjust it to wear I'm slacking in strength .

Hi!

My name is Christian Dremel-Urbas (Christian -> Chris -> Kruste -> Krustenviech wich means crustacean in austria). I´m from Graz / Austria, 32 y old and currently whey 82Kg @ 176cm.

Some of you may know our instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/revolutionfitnessgraz/

https://www.instagram.com/chris.revolutionfitness/

I was an oly Lifter till i broke my right shinbone in a motorcycle crash about 3 years ago.

Since then i mainly train how my wife and myself call it "Primal Fitness". Mainly with Kettlebells, Sandbags, Natural Stones, Kegs, Ropes, Tires, Anvil,... and a lot in the nature.

We combine oldtime strongman stuff from ~19Jh and natural Movement in nature and indoors.

We startet a company in our town last year (http://www.revolution-fitness.at) where we also train a lot of grip strength with our clients.

We had our first contact with the grip sport last year at the "International Austrian Armlifting Championship" 2015 (we didn´t compete), where we met Andreas Brixa, Eirik Brunn Ingebretsen and some other athletes and we were very excited and found a new passion!

We competed this year at the European/Austrian Armlifting Championships (http://www.revolution-fitness.at/revolutionaerer-medaillenregen/).

My wife got 2nd Europe and 1st in Austria.

Me: 3rd Austria / 5th Europe.

But for me it was just to meet great people like Eirik, Werner Salutt, Anu Rytkönen, Arto Joronen, Thomas Larsen, Juha Lehtimäki, and many more.

Especially meeting Juha was a pleasure, because i love his training and bending Skills.

I love multiple aspects of grip strength and hate specializing. 

I want to start with bending also soon and love to try a lot of different grip Tools. I especially love Robert Baraban´s Tools and we are also in good contact with him.

We made some Tools on our own and Robert is producing one prototype of grip Tool for us right now :)

On July 9th we are holding our first Grip Competition in Graz at our Gym:

http://www.revolution-fitness.at/grip-days-2016/

https://www.facebook.com/events/665625106929572/

I´ll write mor about the competition here in the forums later on.

best,

Kruste

• Like 1

Since i can´t edit the post above:

Here´s the post for our Competition:

Edited by Krustenviech

On 6/7/2016 at 10:14 PM, Roger Roberson said:

Hi my name is Roger Roberson .. 6ft 290lbs . I used to train some what with heavy gripps I had 3-4 years ago I had the 250-300-350 I managed to close the 300 for 2-3 reps then kinda faded away from grip for few years then recently got back into the sport and have set some goals I kinda want be able to close a #4 or one of the grippers in that range I've always been pretty strong besides my grip strength. Being able to hit 405 4x10 on bench press and some heavy leg lifts . So hope to get back in the the sport and keep my self motivated . I've started doing vertical leg presses every day since I don't have a squat rack trying to keep it pretty heavy but not to much to wear the muscles cant stay healed and so they can keep pumping the testosterone out . Started out with just 2 grip work outs each week until I can kinda adjust it to wear I'm slacking in strength .

10 hours ago, Krustenviech said:

Hi!

My name is Christian Dremel-Urbas (Christian -> Chris -> Kruste -> Krustenviech wich means crustacean in austria). I´m from Graz / Austria, 32 y old and currently whey 82Kg @ 176cm.

Some of you may know our instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/revolutionfitnessgraz/

https://www.instagram.com/chris.revolutionfitness/

I was an oly Lifter till i broke my right shinbone in a motorcycle crash about 3 years ago.

Since then i mainly train how my wife and myself call it "Primal Fitness". Mainly with Kettlebells, Sandbags, Natural Stones, Kegs, Ropes, Tires, Anvil,... and a lot in the nature.

We combine oldtime strongman stuff from ~19Jh and natural Movement in nature and indoors.

We startet a company in our town last year (http://www.revolution-fitness.at) where we also train a lot of grip strength with our clients.

We had our first contact with the grip sport last year at the "International Austrian Armlifting Championship" 2015 (we didn´t compete), where we met Andreas Brixa, Eirik Brunn Ingebretsen and some other athletes and we were very excited and found a new passion!

We competed this year at the European/Austrian Armlifting Championships (http://www.revolution-fitness.at/revolutionaerer-medaillenregen/).

My wife got 2nd Europe and 1st in Austria.

Me: 3rd Austria / 5th Europe.

But for me it was just to meet great people like Eirik, Werner Salutt, Anu Rytkönen, Arto Joronen, Thomas Larsen, Juha Lehtimäki, and many more.

Especially meeting Juha was a pleasure, because i love his training and bending Skills.

I love multiple aspects of grip strength and hate specializing. 

I want to start with bending also soon and love to try a lot of different grip Tools. I especially love Robert Baraban´s Tools and we are also in good contact with him.

We made some Tools on our own and Robert is producing one prototype of grip Tool for us right now :)

On July 9th we are holding our first Grip Competition in Graz at our Gym:

http://www.revolution-fitness.at/grip-days-2016/

https://www.facebook.com/events/665625106929572/

I´ll write mor about the competition here in the forums later on.

best,

Kruste

Welcome!!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Bill Green. I am a retired letter carrier from Youngstown,Ohio. I am a former Olympic lifter and power lifter. After I retired I turned to Kettlebells and bands.Recently I started grip training and I am trying to learn all about it

4 hours ago, Shemp said:

My name is Bill Green. I am a retired letter carrier from Youngstown,Ohio. I am a former Olympic lifter and power lifter. After I retired I turned to Kettlebells and bands.Recently I started grip training and I am trying to learn all about it

Welcome!

Hey, I'm Nick. I'm super into grip training, its one of my favorite hobbies next to boxing. I box (amateur) and by day I'm in school for welding. Good to be here finally.

Hello,  my name is Brian,  39, from Dublin, Ireland.  Looking forward to learning as much as possible from you guys.  Started training ( very  casually)  about a 1 1/2 ago. I started as I wanted to improve my grip,forearm strength/ stamina for enduro riding.  That then introduced me to arm wrestling which due to work commitments I can't do as much as I would like, plus the fact the the arm wrestling scene in Ireland is nonexistent.  So this year I my goal is trying close the coc 3, and get certified... It's a big ask but it's a goal non the less. I don't do gyms, so do alot of body weight training, static holds etc,  through out the week where ever I can, at home, work etc. I  initially bought the heavy grippers 150,200,250. Followed general training tips,  closed the 250, a couple of months ago,  then got in touch with jed from the diesel crew who recommended coc. Got the coc 2.5 and coc 3 thinking I could continue on from the heavy grippers . Not the same at all!   So basically started again but using coc more. I have hit a bit of a plateau between the hg 250 and coc 2.5.so after this very long intro I'll be lurking the site for tips to get me over this hump. Cheers b. 

On 6/29/2016 at 8:30 AM, NPieper said:

Hey, I'm Nick. I'm super into grip training, its one of my favorite hobbies next to boxing. I box (amateur) and by day I'm in school for welding. Good to be here finally.

18 hours ago, Barley said:

Hello,  my name is Brian,  39, from Dublin, Ireland.  Looking forward to learning as much as possible from you guys.  Started training ( very  casually)  about a 1 1/2 ago. I started as I wanted to improve my grip,forearm strength/ stamina for enduro riding.  That then introduced me to arm wrestling which due to work commitments I can't do as much as I would like, plus the fact the the arm wrestling scene in Ireland is nonexistent.  So this year I my goal is trying close the coc 3, and get certified... It's a big ask but it's a goal non the less. I don't do gyms, so do alot of body weight training, static holds etc,  through out the week where ever I can, at home, work etc. I  initially bought the heavy grippers 150,200,250. Followed general training tips,  closed the 250, a couple of months ago,  then got in touch with jed from the diesel crew who recommended coc. Got the coc 2.5 and coc 3 thinking I could continue on from the heavy grippers . Not the same at all!   So basically started again but using coc more. I have hit a bit of a plateau between the hg 250 and coc 2.5.so after this very long intro I'll be lurking the site for tips to get me over this hump. Cheers b. 

Welcome guys!

On 6/22/2016 at 2:24 PM, Shemp said:

Welcome!  I am also a retired Letter Carrier - I live in Crooksville, Ohio - about 2 hours from you.  If you ever want to visit and play around I have most of the grip toys.

My name is Anna Urbas, 33 years old, about 64kg bw. I'm from Graz, Austria and started to compete in grip strength this May at the Austrian Armlifting Championship and European Armlifting Championship.

I'm a former olympic lifter, but stopped competing in 2013. I run my own gym together with my husband Christian aka Krustenviech. It's called rEvolution Fitness and we specialized in strength training going back to strongman training of the early 19th century and added lots of mobility training as well.

I discovered grip strength as a sport last September at a competition in Vienna and I instantly fell in love! After several months of training I'm able to close CoC 1 with CCS and I'm working on closing 1,5 by the end of this year.

Yesterday me and my husband hostet the first grip strength competition in Graz.

My primary goal as an entrepreneur is to get "normal" people to recognize the benefits of a strong grip for daily life.

I'm not that active in forums, but I'm sure I'll at least read a lot in here.

Edited by Cocoflux

Where I'm at when it comes to grippers: I think I could close CoC 1.5 one or two times when I first started out. It took me around three months to do one rep on CoC 2 with a CCS on my right hand. Now I can do 10+ reps (MM reps I believe they're called, if I'm not mistaken. Or they might actually be closer than that, I'm not sure) with CoC 2 on my right hand and TNS close it with my left. I've closed CoC 2.5 with my right hand from a parallel set. I think grip training has helped me with my overall strength training and I experience less pain in my wrists and forearms compared to a year ago.

Just got my first GHP grippers the other day, the GHP 5 and 6, and I will try to close the GHP 6 in the near future with the GHP block.

My long term goal is to close CoC 3 and GHP 7, hopefully in the next couple of years I might be able to do that with a CCS.

I became I member of this site because I find it informative and fun and to possibly to share some of my progress.

I've made three videos so far:

CoC 2 CCS

CoC 2.5 Close

Reps with CoC 2 (Right) & TNS Close (Left)

38 minutes ago, Cocoflux said:

My name is Anna Urbas, 33 years old, about 64kg bw. I'm from Graz, Austria and started to compete in grip strength this May at the Austrian Armlifting Championship and European Armlifting Championship.

I'm a former olympic lifter, but stopped competing in 2013. I run my own gym together with my husband Christian aka Krustenviech. It's called rEvolution Fitness and we specialized in strength training going back to strongman training of the early 19th century and added lots of mobility training as well.

I discovered grip strength as a sport last September at a competition in Vienna and I instantly fell in love! After several months of training I'm able to close CoC 1 with CCS and I'm working on closing 1,5 by the end of this year.

Yesterday me and my husband hostet the first grip strength competition in Graz.

My primary goal as an entrepreneur is to get "normal" people to recognize the benefits of a strong grip for daily life.

I'm not that active in forums, but I'm sure I'll at least read a lot in here.

7 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Hello, my real name is Stefan and I live in Sweden. I'm in my mid 20's. I've been lifting weights regularly for a little more than two years. I found out about CoC and similar grippers about 10-11 months ago and have been training with them since.

Where I'm at when it comes to grippers: I think I could close CoC 1.5 one or two times when I first started out. It took me around three months to do one rep on CoC 2 with a CCS on my right hand. Now I can do 10+ reps (MM reps I believe they're called, if I'm not mistaken) with CoC 2 on my right hand and TNS close it with my left. I've closed CoC 2.5 with my right hand from a parallel set. I think grip training has helped me with my overall strength training and I experience less pain in my wrists and forearms compared to a year ago.

Just got my first GHP grippers the other day, the GHP 5 and 6, and I will try to close the GHP 6 in the near future with the GHP block.

My long term goal is to close CoC 3 and GHP 7, hopefully in the next couple of years I might be able to do that with a CCS.

I became I member of this site because I find it informative and fun and to possibly to share some of my progress.

Welcome guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

My name is Paul Markowski and I am looking to close the #3 COC within the next year or so (at least I hope I can).  I have closed the #2 for 2 legit reps.  Looking forward to learning more from you guys.

Paul

19 minutes ago, Paul Markowski said:

Hey Everyone!

My name is Paul Markowski and I am looking to close the #3 COC within the next year or so (at least I hope I can).  I have closed the #2 for 2 legit reps.  Looking forward to learning more from you guys.

Paul

Welcome Paul!

Thanks.  Looking forward to learning new things on this board.

Hello, I'm Super Awesome Steven. My main grip interest is bending, all kinds of bending, I imagine I'll get into other stuff eventually though. I'm 29years old, 5'6" & 165 lbs. Hand size 7.5". I've been Powerlifting, properly anyway, for the last 6 years and this June I competed in my first Strongman competition which was awesome. I'm mainly interested in certifying in unbraced bending, probably FBBC stock first & then the red nail once I can reverse bend it. I'm working on being able to braced bend a wrench, I can only just barely bow a harbor freight 10". I also like bending horseshoes but can only bend a St. Croix Ultra-Lite #2, I have yet to try anything harder, & I want to be able to roll up a cast iron skillet I'm just not sure how to go about that training wise.

Hi!
My name is Ivan Pupchenko. I'm from Ukraine, Sumy.
And I am engaged a little in armwrestling and grip...
My weigh 99kg. 33 years old.
The best results at different times:
AA - 170kg
RT - 110kg
SB CoC3 - 40c
IM Hub - 27,5kg
2 hand pinch (Euro) - 97,5kg
1 hand pinch (Euro) - 42kg
2.5” Crusher (FBBC) - 80kg
Shallow Hub (World of Grip) - 22,5kg
2” V-Bar (FBBC) - 90kg
Grippers 20mm block set - 
CoC2,5 (56,1kg) - 12rips
CoC3 (67,3kg) - 2rips
Crushed to Dust - 2012

Now in some exercises I lift more, in some less..  I try to learn new exercises and become stronger in old ...
I wish you all stay motivated to training and honest rivals on the competitions!

• Like 2

On 27.07.2016 at 1:58 AM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Hi!
AA - 170kg
RT - 110kg
SB CoC3 - 40c
IM Hub - 27,5kg
2” V-Bar (FBBC) - 90kg
CoC2,5 (56,1kg) - 12rips
CoC3 (67,3kg) - 2rips
Crushed to Dust - 2012

Now in some exercises I lift more, in some less..  I try to learn new exercises and become stronger in old ...
I wish you all stay motivated to training and honest rivals on the competitions!

Welcome to board Vanya!

P.S.: your Silver Bullet hold on CoC#3- 47 sec. Im see on video from Sumy 03 05 14.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 9:52 PM, Fisher 47 said:

Hello, I'm Super Awesome Steven. My main grip interest is bending, all kinds of bending, I imagine I'll get into other stuff eventually though. I'm 29years old, 5'6" & 165 lbs. Hand size 7.5". I've been Powerlifting, properly anyway, for the last 6 years and this June I competed in my first Strongman competition which was awesome. I'm mainly interested in certifying in unbraced bending, probably FBBC stock first & then the red nail once I can reverse bend it. I'm working on being able to braced bend a wrench, I can only just barely bow a harbor freight 10". I also like bending horseshoes but can only bend a St. Croix Ultra-Lite #2, I have yet to try anything harder, & I want to be able to roll up a cast iron skillet I'm just not sure how to go about that training wise.

On 7/26/2016 at 5:58 PM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Hi!
AA - 170kg
RT - 110kg
SB CoC3 - 40c
IM Hub - 27,5kg
2” V-Bar (FBBC) - 90kg
CoC2,5 (56,1kg) - 12rips
CoC3 (67,3kg) - 2rips
Crushed to Dust - 2012

Welcome!!

12 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Welcome to board Vanya!

P.S.: your Silver Bullet hold on CoC#3- 47 sec. Im see on video from Sumy 03 05 14.

It has long been Igor - I began forget this digits))) on "King Kong" in the autumn I want to hold mini-tournament in this exercise with CoC3,5 or 4. And may be CoC2 for girls.  Today the first time tried to CoC4 in SB - got 17 seconds)

• Like 2

Hi there. I'm Drew from Baltimore.

I just started Olympic weightlifting last fall, and am completely hooked. Along the way I found that grip training was equally as awesome, and here I am.

Have a good one.

• Like 1

I am Adam, I am 17 years old. I just started grip training to increase the size of my forearms but now I want to be able to crush apples.