NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Been lurking here for about a month and am extremely impressed with both the quality of the people who post here and the info they post.

Anyhow, my name is Neil and I'm an older guy here at age 46 and 5' 8 1/2 and although I've worked out a lot with weights, 239 lbs is too heavy for my weight.

Unfortunately, I was unaware how to seriously improve grip strength until I came to the gripboard.

I've always been aware of the importance of grip strength, but store bought grippers simply didn't cut it. I have some hard rubber dog toys that I used to squeeze, but they pale in comparison to what I get from working out with real grippers. I was also unaware of the importance of doing singles with hard to close grippers and simply did too many reps with things too easy to squeeze.

I do no set closes and my best is 1/8 in away from closing the IM #2 and 3/16 away from the HG 250 (larger spread). Like every other newb here, I hope to train up to close the #3 someday.

As far a grip workouts go, I'm working mostly grippers and some pinch. I have the KTA program, but want to build strength/endurance a bit before tackling it 100%. I don't have olympic plates to pinch but can pinch 4 standard 10's with my right hand althought my left pinch sucks as I can just break ground with them. I can also pinch 2 standard (Walmart slippery 25's) with my right and just break ground with them in the left.

One of the best tips, I've learned from this board is to wrist curl plates. This has allready helped my wrist strength which needs a lot more work and has a ways more to catch up to what I could do when I was 20+ years younger. I'm amazed at what some of you guys can do when it comes to levering sledges and hope some one can link me to some videos or provide some real good pix of what one does when one levers a sledge. I realize that I need to greatly improve levering if I want to do any serious bending.

Great to be here .. neilkaz..

Sorry for not posting here before...

Name is Toby. Living in Sweden. Occupation: Dentist. Built like a twig. 74 kg and 183cm tall. Started griptraining to climb better and are now addicted to grippers. Grips every night, even though I know I should not. Have one son 1 year of age and another son/doughter on its way in february.

Grippers I own: CoC T,1,2,3, RB 160 and a few "toygrippers"´(also soon RB 240)

I started griptraining in late october and are now repping CoC No 2. My Goal is to rep the CoC 3 gripper. :erm

Toby

Edited by Chupacabra

Hi,

I am Chris 5'10" about 80kg, I have already posted a couple of times.

I have been training on grip for about two years now, progressively the training has improved and increased correspondingly.

I am bitten at the moment, I have recently been setting PB's all over the place although this is starting to plateau at present.

I train on any kind of grip work and have found I have to work the body a bit harder sometimes to keep up in some aspects.

I particularly like the awkward kind of grip work, as in I can lift it this way, what about holding it like that! Experimentation often provides the best results!

I am very fortunate to belong to a gym with an individual who runs it and has all manner of equiptment there!!!! As well as providing excellent encouragement.

Personally I own a powerball, gripmasters red and black, CoC #1 &2 and RB160,210,240 &260.

I will continue to read with interest.

Thanks for reading, the forum is inspiring.

Chris

hi.

i've just started training my grip, others might know me from fortifiediron.

i'm into captains of crush grippers, i've crushed the trainer the NO1 and close to crushing the NO2.

GOALS:

well im hopeing to crush the NO2 within 3 weeks, and want to crush the NO3 within 4 months.

it sounds crazy but i believe that i can do it. :D

also happy to see the buttrock :rock:rock:rock

Just posted a question then saw this.

Was advised to check out the board by Brett Jones. Very impressive stuff.

45 yrs old, 6', 190. Got into kettlebells through martial art and through kettlebells into more "pure strength" training now mostly based on Pavels PTP. DL around 400, press 2 pood fpr reps, 15+ tactical pullups, 1-2 pullup w/ 72 lb KB. If you get the "Hardstyle" catalogue from dragon door I'm on page 52 of the new one.

Want to improve hand/grip strength as an adjunct tp PTP training. Just bought the IM 2" husky dumbells and started bending.

Bill

Hallo

FrankyBoy meant, that its time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Martin, I’m 30, 6’ 2“, 220, and from Germany.

I train my Grip for 3 years and since August I’m focused on Bending.

I can close an easy #3 and pinch 30 Kg.

Martin

Ah, finally! :D

Welcome onboard.

Funny story with that 'easy' #3.

I met Martin first time in october.

He let me try his #3. I closed it and told him that this #3 is more on the easy side of the #3s.

Flo lurked in a bit later and closed Martins #3 with his left and said: 'Hmm, an easy one."

Martin was quite disappointed to say at least and told us that he would favour a comment like: 'Boy, what a beast!" :laugh

Hallo

FrankyBoy meant, that its time for me to introduce myself.

My name is Martin, I’m 30, 6’ 2“, 220, and from Germany.

I train my Grip for 3 years and since August I’m focused on Bending.

I can close an easy #3 and pinch 30 Kg.

Martin

Congratulation to your first post, Martin! :rock

finally :D

Hello all I am 36 years old and have just got into weight training a year ago when at 6'3" i weighed in at almost 400lbs. My cardiologist said i had about 10 years to live so i better do something. Well i hired an ex-pro female BB who has helped me lose almost 80lbs so far and still got a ways to go but our goal was for me to become a powerlifter. Well in june i was doing 700lb standing calve raises and got a compression frature of two vertebrea. So my hopes of powerlifting came to an end. I was forced to use machines and do cardio.

Well i started my own fitness site and met Fortified Iron and went over to his site and saw a section on Grip Strength. Well i was thrilled because at least i could do some kind of power things without the worry of my spine. Last week i got a Ivanka Super Gripper and today my CoC arrived which i like better than the ISG because its rougher and will harden my hands more.

Hey guys and gals, my name is Jeff... I was told of the grip board by Steve_B. I'm 27 5'10 206 lbs. I've done some powerlifting over the past few years and in doing so I found out about the COC's. Like most of you guys I can close the #2 and am getting close on the 3's. I just started to get serious about grip training a few months ago and found out about Steve_B's grip gathering off the ironmind website

Last weekend i went over to Steve_B's to train. Meat Loaf, King Crusher and handGripperMan were also there. It was the craziest grip training session I have ever had... I tore off all my calices and my forearms are sore as shit. Those are some STRONG dudes!

here were some of my lifts from the training session

- Rolling Thunder 155 lbs both hands

- v-bar 248 lbs right hand

- pinch gripped 2 25's for 34 seconds in my left hand 24 in my right

- ironMinds hub 45 lbs both hands

- hub gripped a 35 with 5 lbs extra weight added around the edges off a bench

- hub gripped a 35 off the floor

- got my ass kicked in the rolling thunder tug of war... I'll be BACK!!

Glad to be here :D

Jeff

What's up Guys.Another newbie,

My name is Sean Sparandero, I'm a competitive powerlifter that lives on the efs website. I found the diesel crew from one of their posts and I've begun to learn how to increase my grip strength...you guys are god's gift to the deadlift! This site provides the coolest information i've ever seen. I've learned enough to crush the #2 COC, hublift a 25, plate pinch 2 25's and pinch 2 45's with 2 hands.my "commercial" training area is in awe to say the least!, I've even bent the green nail......I am very humble and wish to make my hands as strong as humanly possible.Thank you for the info and the highly addictive training!!....

Respectfully,

Sean

I'm the same Andy over at the Cyberpump Iron Page board -- 25 years old, and am now in record nasty back time (it's been about a five month flare-up). After reading the Ironmind catalogue, I realized that even if squatting and deadlifting are out for now, I can almost certainly train my grip to high standards and acheive a high level of hand/wrist/forearm strength. Consequently I'm going to be browsing the knowledge source that is this board -- I don't have much to contribute yet, but I know I will gain from reading these posts.

(Edit) -- My best grip accomplishment was closing the #2 I got for my dad a year ago (I got him a 1, 2, and 3). However, I cannot replicate that now, though I think with some training I'll get it back. I'd like to close the #3, but that feels a long way away.

Edited by Andy Steinke

Hi guys!

My name is Jostein and im from Norway.I weigh 70kg and am 173cm tall.

I bought the Power Putty,Powerball and the Ivanko gripper after reading some of the profiles of the mash monsters.Hopefully i will learn stuff here that will make me achieve chrushing strength in my hands:)

Peace guys!

Hello,

My name is Theo, i'm 21 yrs old. I am new to the gripping stuff, but i am already hooked. Just ordered my Coc's. Will be receiving them within the next week.

I consider myself a powerbuilder. Not a bb or powerlifter per se. I deadlift 560, weighing 225. Tomorrow i'll start want to start with bending too.

I really like this board, gives good info. But one question, what is a filed gripper and how to.......??

Hi I'm CATMAN, although I'm an old fart 60 year old newbie, my grip is rubbish I've been interested in gripping since my teenage years and trained with weights all my life. Last year I bought all five #COC grippers plus two ISG grippers. I'm 3/4" from closing the #COC 2 and some days struggle with the #1.

Anyway I've recently designed a plate loading gripper a huge beast of a thing, I did get Ideas from various machines on the internet. But these are my dimensions

and angles. Handles are little less in diameter to the #COCs for beyond the range,

centre and side loading plus bodyweight 700lbs capicity, perhaps more. fully adjustable for wide sweep and close sweep work. It has a brill smooth action.

You can tell I'm absolutly thrilled by it. What I have learned is gripper strength

and weight loading grip strength are worlds apart. e.g #COCs and Ivanko SG.

I'm about 170lbs on the gripping "The Beast" weightloading I struggle with 80lb

for 1 rep. If I do 30 reps with a wide sweep 25lbs. Every muscle in my hand,

wrist forarm is super pumped and sore for days after unbelieveable.

I addmit that I got a few ideas from some of the machines GREX, PullemSports,

etc. but all dimensions angles are mine. I hope to post some pics when I figure out how to do it. The guy who delivered it called it a beast of a machine. Hence the name.

Hi I'm CATMAN, although I'm an old fart 60 year old newbie, my grip is rubbish I've been interested in gripping since my teenage years and trained with weights all my life. Last year I bought all five #COC grippers plus two ISG grippers. I'm 3/4" from closing the #COC 2 and some days struggle with the #1.

Anyway I've recently designed a plate loading gripper a huge beast of a thing, I did get Ideas from various machines on the internet. But these are my dimensions

and angles. Handles are little less in diameter to the #COCs for beyond the range,

centre and side loading plus bodyweight 700lbs capicity, perhaps more. fully adjustable for wide sweep and close sweep work. It has a brill smooth action.

You can tell I'm absolutly thrilled by it. What I have learned is gripper strength

and weight loading grip strength are worlds apart. e.g #COCs and Ivanko SG.

I'm about 170lbs, on the gripping "The Beast" weightloading I struggle with 80lb

for 1 rep. If I do 30 reps with a wide sweep 25lbs. Every muscle in my hand,

wrist forarm is super pumped and sore for days after unbelieveable.

I admit that I got a few ideas from some of the machines GREX, PullemSports,

etc. but all dimensions angles are mine. I hope to post some pics when I figure out how to do it. The guy who delivered it called it a beast of a machine. Hence the name.

Hello all,

My name is Tyler, and have alot of interest in increasing my grip and wrist strength, as well as forearm. I lift and I also take Jeet Kune Do, Silat & Kali. I want to increase my grip to help as my weights go up in deadlift, etc, as well as for my martial arts training and everyday life. I bought a 100 lb. gripper maybe 6 months ago, by it is too easy, first time I used it I did 20 reps, now I can do way more no problem. Also do static holds with it while driving. Last week I built a wrist roller and a pinch block out of some 4x4, which is actually 3.5" x 3.5" x 7", with a hook and a steel cable to hang weight off the bottom. It has a slight taper to the top, and I sanded it, so it is pretty hard to keep a grip on, lots of fun.

I really want to get a CoC #1 and #2, but have to wait until I have a little extra money, hopefully the next week or so. Also want to pick up some hopefully cheap used hex dumbells and cut em to make some blobs for me to work with, as well as getting a sledgehammer to do some levering.

I am hoping to use this site to get more ideas and to help work up a grip/wrist schedule that can coincide with my 3 lifting days and 4 weekly JKD classes. Main thing I am worried about is my grip being shot for my deadlift day

Look forward to learning

Tyler

Hey everyone,

Started grip training about two months ago. Got started when I meet Jedd and Smitty at a NSCA clinic in Penn. Was in athlete in college but now I am trying to get more serious about lifting. This grip stuff is awesome. I'm 6' 1'', 240 lbs. Bench over 400. Deadlift and Squat about 600 (Raw). Working on trying to close the #3.

Just a few questions, I tried to search but have not been able to find it yet, maybe someone could help me out. Does anyone know the technique or have videos of frying pan rolling or horseshoe bending. If you do that would be great, thanks.

Mike Caruso :erm

My name is Travis I am 33yrs old I am 6' 1" tall 220lbs I closed the CoC #2 on my first try, and after only a few weeks I am real close to closing the CoC #3. I can't wait to get it closed and move on to the #4

My name is Travis I am 33yrs old I am 6' 1" tall 220lbs I closed the CoC #2 on my first try, and after only a few weeks I am real close to closing the CoC #3. I can't wait to get it closed and move on to the #4

Incredible! Good luck on the training.

T

My name is Matt, and I really just joined to see what grip training is all about. It's an area I've neglected, but I always noticed in the gym that my hands tend to tire before the muscle I want to work. Believing that anything I have to strap is not something I can claim to lift, I ordered a gripper. My coc #1 arrived a day or so ago, and I've just about got it closed...already beginning to think about #2 and above. I'm afraid the grip bug is infecting my system. :yikes:help I think the forum will be a valuable training resource.