NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Hi everyone,

my name is Christian I'm 31 years old (6’4”/209lbs; 195cm/95kg).

I live in Herne (Germany) and I've been grip training for about two weeks now....

Welcome, Christian :mosher

Hi Christian,

nice to have you here on the board.

See you at the germans this saturday?

Hi Christian,

nice to have you here on the board.

See you at the germans this saturday?

türlich!

Of course I'll will be there!

My name is jason. I'm 22

I have not been into grip training for very long.

I can lose the number 2 CoC gripper on a good day.

I think grip training is cool because of some of the things you can do at a high level like bend thick metal bars and bust soda cans..... hopefully one day i'll be able to do something remotely close to that.

My name is raj. I have only just started with grip training. This is a wonderful forum and I am really glad to be a part of it.

Looking forward to picking up valuable info... :cool

hey guys. Just started grip training a week ago.

Im 5'7 ,140lbs. So far my grip training consists of barbell static holds,plier holds,and plate pinches.

Thats all i really know how to do at the moment so ill work with what i got. Also plan on buying a pair of CoC #1 grippers in a few days here.

Some goals of mine:

1) plate pinch 4 10's

2)close #2 CoC gripper

3) double overhand barbell static hold with 300 lbs for 1 minute.

well thats it. Glad to have joined this site.

Hey guys , I've just recently been turned on to grip training by my brother and his friend Doc. They have been talking about the grip board so I checked it out and here I am.

I' m 30 5'11" and weigh 185# I've always been intrested in lifting and strongman competition. I have not lifted consistently for the last 4 1/2 yrs. after hurting my right shoulder. I've really been wanting to get back into it and am really intrigued with what I've seen and read here.

I've always liked a challenge ,the more somebody says I can't the more I prove them wrong. The grip training seems like the challenge I'm looking for and I think it can lead into some other exciting areas like bending, stones,and other feats of strength.

Some of my goals I would like to achieve are close a #3and #4, bend a 6"grade5, pinch lift 2 45s(I have to because my little brother can), dead lift the 50#blob with both hands(because I told Doc the next time I was in Colombus I would be able to,and get the 260# concrete ball on my shoulder (also because my brother can man Iwish he'd slow down).

Well the forum is great alot of good info here hope to have pics in the gallery soon and good luck to everyone.

Stew

Hi. My name is Cody. I'm 16, 5'8", 150. I got started doing grip training in September. I go to school with Mike Rogowski, "foggymountainmuscle" and have been lifting with him. He got me started on it. I can close the coc #1 and i am like paper thin on the #2. Hopefully I can get it before Thanksgiving. He has also got me started bending. I can pinch a 30 lb. blob and a 35 lb. hex.

I want to close the #3, pinch 2 35's, and clean the 30 lb. blob.

:trout:trout:trout:trout:trout

I think Wanna can back me up on this, since I am beginning to see a trend here.

On your very first post to this forum, PLEASE introduce yourself and tell us about what your doing in terms of grip training, what your interests are in terms of grip strength, and what you want to get out of this forum.  You can also include other information that might be revelant, such as height, weight, age, etc.

Here's an example:  On his very first post, I saw a newbie boast about the accomplishments of another member (which we are well aware of), and in the process break a rule of the forum.  This led to Wanna locking the topic.  I would have like to have known something more about the newbie as well.

OTOH, I read another first post from another newbie and he went into detail about who he was, what his training background was, and what he wanted to do in terms of grip - THEN he asked a question about his routine.  IMHO, this is the way it should be.

Newbies that lurk before posting are good too.  It means that they are gathering a consensus of the forum, and are cautious to ask a question here that has been asked about a million times!  :D

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox now...  :rolleyes

I recently started grip training and am surprised at how little carryover there is from barbell deadlifts and kettlebell swings/snatches to grip work that involves something wider or narrower. My crush grip, e.g., Captains of Crush grippers, stinks (trainer w/ both hands, #1 w/ right), and my ability to grip something a lot wider than a barbell, e.g., a pair of 25 lb. plates or the IronMind pinch grip block (each is about 3"), also stinks (about 20 lbs. on IronMind gadget is very close to my limits, a pair of 10's is no problem, even a pair of 10's plus one 2-1/2 is doable).

Bodyweight is 148 lbs., DL 1RM is 345 lbs., age 49, been lifting about 4 years, goal is to keep trying new things and keep getting stronger in the process, want to stay at 148 and keep winning the "old and skinny" class at meets. :) All lifting raw, not even a belt. History of bad back, lifting is the best thing for it, will be at AAU World's in Dec., 2004.

Grip work is fun; I plan to continue doing it with no expectation that it will help my deadlifting or kettlebell work, but I confess to being surprised at just how piss poor I am at narrower or wider grip widths than I'm used to. The grip work so far, done at the end of my workouts or GTG style, hasn't hurt my regular workouts, either. Curious to know how many of those who state "Can close a #x" can do it with both hand - long-term goal for me will be CofC #2 with both hands.

Anyone else have this experience when they started working on either crush grip or pinch grip, or am I just a total weakling?

-S-

http://www.kbnj.com

Hi, my name is Adam. I've been training in martial arts for a while (had to take time off because of a shoulder injury. I recently started seriously working out to shed some weight and build general body strength. I've been grip training for about a year and a half. I started off being able to almost close the CoC T, now I am 3/4 of the way to closing the CoC #2. I also train my pinch grip with a homemade device involving a board (only about 1 1/2" wide) and some detergent jugs. I just made an isometric bending bar out of PVC pipe too. I wanted to train my grip to help in my MA training and also, when is it not good to have strong hands? Here are some of my goals:

Make the CoC #3 my bitch :flame (with both hands, of course)

Bust open a pop can

I'm also interested in getting into bending. I know I can find some cost effective ways here on the board! I'm always open to new tips and techniques. Does anyone here do ball rotation? I need some good suggestions on what to use after the Ironmind "Blue Balls". Thanks for having me here!

To-Shin Do

Hi,

My name is Tobias

I`m from Germany Bavaria near Munich in the deep alps

I'm born back in 1987 and 17 Jears old..

I love all kinds of Training BWE`s Weights erverything that is there but spezialy BWE`s, Grip Training and Martial Arts as well.

And I love to reach the impolssible.

So I wish to have a good time here with you and I'm looking forward to some very interesting disskusion.

Bye

Tobi

Edited by tobi

Welcome on the nicest place, Tobi :rock

Welcome Tobi - the Gripboard is a nice choice! :mosher

Silly sod that I am - This is my sixth post.

Hullo folks, I'm 26, about 104kg(230lbs I think) and 5' 10".

Been powerlifting since 1996, currently (in kg) are 240/155/280

I got my IM#2 a few months ago, and my #3 last week. Right now I'm about half an inch off the 3 with my right hand, and just under parallel with my left. Obviously closing that down is my goal with crushing.

Pinchwise, I'm now aiming to pinch two 20kg metal plates, or one of my gym's old 45kg rubber plates which are easier to hang on to. 2X15kg is quite easy.

I've improvised a hub/block weight with the end of an old Oly bar and a good sticky collar:

http://uberuce.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Home/BlockWeight.gif

I can add 25kg of plates (left hand) and 28.25 (right) and deadlift it. It's kind of an odd piece of equipment, so I don't have a specific goal, just....more.

I do a spot of judo as well, so I'm doing a lot of strapwork, looping them round the chins bar and doing Rocky-style semi-onehanded chins. If I get over 6 reps with them, I'm going to add weight to myself.

Side deadlifts are lovely things. I'm doing them on a wonderfully slick-collared Olympic bar so there's almost no resistence to the bar's rotation. I'm on 110kg at the minute, but I've no idea what's a good goal, except for....more.

I also do them on a very heavily gnarled power bar that's more sticky in the collars. I got a bit of air under 130 last time I tried, but I prefer doing them on the Oly bar.

Edited by Uberuce

I think Wanna can back me up on this, since I am beginning to see a trend here.

On your very first post to this forum, PLEASE introduce yourself and tell us about what your doing in terms of grip training, what your interests are in terms of grip strength, and what you want to get out of this forum.  You can also include other information that might be revelant, such as height, weight, age, etc.

Here's an example:  On his very first post, I saw a newbie boast about the accomplishments of another member (which we are well aware of), and in the process break a rule of the forum.  This led to Wanna locking the topic.  I would have like to have known something more about the newbie as well.

OTOH, I read another first post from another newbie and he went into detail about who he was, what his training background was, and what he wanted to do in terms of grip - THEN he asked a question about his routine.  IMHO, this is the way it should be.

Newbies that lurk before posting are good too.  It means that they are gathering a consensus of the forum, and are cautious to ask a question here that has been asked about a million times!  :D

O.K., I'll get off my soapbox now...  :rolleyes

I`m 31 and new to the gripboard 5`9 about 247lbs . I basically just started training a few months ago with ironmind grippers and have closed the trainer #1 and #2 also waiting to recieve a few new training tools in the mail hopefully this coming week , i have done some weight training but not recently . i am definitely look to get back into it as soon as possible , if anyone is wondering about my pic "that is my thumb " that was an accident a year ago in construction. it was crushed between two structural beams and kinda disables me to some pinching w :bow ith my left hand. i feel that i am like everyone else on the board as far as i have seen ... just looking to get as strong as possible within time...... much respect to all those on the board and their accomplishments. :bow

If anyone wants to see my "before" pics, go to www.t-mag.com and look in the picture section for Toshindo Before Pics. I put them there to keep me motivated in my workouts. Trust me, I don't want those to be the only pics of me out there!

To-Shin Do

hi my name is mohammed and i just purchesed my first gripper a #1 cc griper and can close it twice with both hands.........my frends gave me this web site address and i wanted to learn all i cand about grip strenght to improve my grip for martial arts and rock clim bing

thanks

Welcome! You've come to the right place! This is a great community with some of the strongest men I've ever met! ;)