NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

Bro, being a former Marine stationed in San Diego, I know for a fact you already have the perfect odd object gym. Take your sea bag and head for the beach! Welcome to the board and good luck w/the training.

Hello! My name is Martin Arildsson. I'm from Sweden>Malmö. I'm 19 years old, about 182 cm long and weight too much, 132±2 kg :) I've been training for almost five years. I started with weighttraining a couple of months before my fifteenth birthday. At that time I weighed about 90 kg. I responded quickly to the weightliftning and went past all my friends in strength/size pretty fast. I started with powerlifting in mid april 2003. And have done a couple of competitions. Almost with Personal Bests in every competion/discipline. My last powerlifting contest was Youth-Nordic Championship, where I squatted 250 kg easy, benched 182,5 and deadlifted 252,5 kg. The total is 685, the next contest I'm aiming for 720!

About the grip!

I bought my first grippers in 2002. Guess it was CoC T, CoC #1 and CoC #2. At first i could barely close my #1 but after a couple of traning sessions I closed #2 without any problems. After I competed in LGC december 2002, I didn't train any grip at all for several months. Maybe I trained them 1 or 2 times a month, no more. In late february 2004 I tried to be a bit more serious so I started crushing my CoC #2 and maxed at CoC #3 . I trained with them on and off from february till the start of May when I closed it the first time (seventh may) with my right hand. I closed my CoC #3 with the left hand the 19/5.

Hey, my name is Ivan Merl from Woodland Park, CO. Im 22 yrs old 6' 185lbs and have been weightlifting for 7 years. All my training has been based mostly on just staying fit with a few powerlifting cycles here and there. Just recently i have been very bored with the gym and my workouts. I was mostly using high volume training for the summer....big mistake. I just started a new workout Hardgainer style and through my research for workout programs i stumbled across grip training!!! Last week was my first week really training my grip and it was more fun than i could have ever imagined...and now im hooked. I havnt even bought a gripper but i know that #3 is going down!!!!

Past grip work has been all from rock climbing so i have no real feats of strength like alot of the other guys. I will try to develop a routine and post it for comments soon enough. When i buy the gripps i plan on checking out KTA program it sounds like a blast. I have been lurking on this web site for a few days and the infromation i have found has been extremely helpfull and inpirational, hopefully someday i can return the favor by helping some one else.

Feats. of Strength!! (hehe...right) :blush

Physical:

Top roped a 5.12 (not bad for my size)

Climbed up a 20ft wall across a 15ft rope bridge and down the other side without the use of my feet.

Drop many feet from one ledge to the next, clinging by my finger tips.

(My lifts are not bad but not worth mentioning)

Mental:

Pain Control

Time Distortion (my favorite)

ect...

Sorry for the delay in posting here. You'd think I would have noticed the prominently displayed 'Newbies Post Here' remark!

I take a lurk here and there on the GB. Just took my first go at BC's grip meet this past Saturday. I had a good time and learned a thing or two.

My experience in grip training is basically zero, but I'm going to purchase some grippers and do a little work with them. I've been doing some easy bending for the past few weeks, taking advice from Jeff (Squeeze Master Flash) and Brett Jones (who I know from kettlebell land), when I can get it.

The current priority is to prepare for my first strongman contest, which will be in October of this year in Minneapolis. After that, I may do a kettlebell competition (known as GS) in San Diego--if so, that would be my fourth GS contest. Grip is an obviously important aspect to these sports and grip training will be pretty much supplemental for me. The next time there's a local grip contest, I will train for and enter--it's a good time.

There, you asked for it!

Regards,

Jim Haines

Hey been reading this forum for a while now and joined up a couple of weeks ago, im very impressed with all of your grip strength :bow , hopefully one day ill be up there with some of the strong grippers, my aims are to close #3, plate curl a 15kg plate (35lbs) and pinch 2 20kg plates (45's). :D

Hi,my name is Alexander Geitner and i am from Germany.Until now i was only reading some interesting stuff on this page.Here are some informations about me:26 years,188cm,195lbs.my goal is to close the coc 3 and to compete.My best deadlift is 551 lbs and i have already closed number 1 and 2 and i am only 1 inch away with the 240lbs. :blush

Hi,my name is Alexander Geitner and i am from Germany.Until now i was only reading some interesting stuff on this page.Here are some informations about me:26 years,188cm,195lbs.my goal is to close the coc 3 and to compete.My best deadlift is 551 lbs and i have already closed number 1 and 2 and i am only 1 inch away with the 240lbs. :blush

Hi Alex,

welcome at this great place of pleasure. :happy

9/11 we will do a little meeting of the german gripboard members.

PM me if you want to come or if you have any questions.

WELCOME, ALEX!

Hello, im P-O Svedberg from Sweden and im a gripaddict to :)

Im 19 years and currently im training to compete in LGC here in sweden sometime, and hopefully dont end up last(wich i probably will).

Ok guys, I have been lifting for a few months now,enjoying it and have been lurking around.

I am 13 stone and 5 foot 7 , the whole grip culture intrigues me - i litrally never new it existed until a couple of days ago.

:D Hello and away we go - i will be taking it slow. :D

Edited by jonnywildboar

Hi all,

time to introduce myself: I am Gerrit Reubold, from Germany. 37 years, 191cm, 90kg. I am reading this board for some months now, and learned a lot.

I am neither a powerlifter nor a strongman, so I need some time to get good results in grip training. I started with training my grip in january 2004, with grippers, thickbar exercises, some beinding and some self-built equipment. By now I am able to close the coc2, the coc3 is not even close. I plan to continue to train for heavier grippers, maybe the coc3 will fall sometime, but it's still a long way.

Greetings,

Gerrit

Alexander and Gerrit!!! Welcome aboard! Long life the Gripboard! :rock

Hi all,

time to introduce myself: I am Gerrit Reubold, from Germany. 37 years, 191cm, 90kg. I am reading this board for some months now, and learned a lot.

I am neither a powerlifter nor a strongman, so I need some time to get good results in grip training. I started with training my grip in january 2004, with grippers, thickbar exercises, some beinding and some self-built equipment. By now I am able to close the coc2, the coc3 is not even close. I plan to continue to train for heavier grippers, maybe the coc3 will fall sometime, but it's still a long way.

Greetings,

Gerrit

Welcome Gerrit! :D

CU on saturday 11th.

Hello, fellow Gripophiles! After lurking on the board almost daily the past several weeks, I can attest that this forum is as addictive as grip training itself!

But let me introduce myself. My name is Charles Christian, a citizen of the world now resident in Sydney, Austrailia. My past experience in matters fitness include wrestling, rock climbing, yoga, gymnastics and work as a professional stuntman, ISSA CFT and massage therapist.

I discovered weghts at age 14 and was introduced to Peary Rader's Iron Man Mag which changed my life via a Breathing Squats and Pullovers routine which expanded my puny ribcage by 6 inches (15cm) in 4 months. This totally changed my body and my outlook forever. Since then I have gone through many phases of training, overtraining and occasional lapses in training, but always reading, experimenting and trying to improve.

I got David Horne's grip training booklets a couple of years ago and tried most of the exercises but not too consistently except for middle finger deadlifts, where I got up to 100 Kg. at 75Kg. bwt. About the same time I got the CoC T which I could barely close once and the #1 which I could only half close

I read about Pavel in Power Lifting U.S.A. and got Beyond Stretching when it was still in Xerox form. I've since bought all his books and found the info in them and Hardgainer magazine (R.I.P.) to work best for me. It was in the last issue of Hardgainer that Bill's grip article got my attention which led me to the Cyberpump website and from there to here.

I finally got my hands on a set of kettlebells this past June from Rick Ravensdale (as well as #2 & #3 CoC) and with the K-bells and Gripboard tips I'm enjoying my workouts more than ever. I can now close the Trainer 25 times with either hand and with handles up or down and close the #1 for 15 singles. I'm about a 1/4 inch from closing the #2. I can pinch 57.5Kg. with two hands, 25Kg with one, R or L.

The feats of strength I read about on this board inspire me greatly to take my own strength training to new levels.

Many thanks to you all!

hi gripboard members,

Been lurking for a few weeks. I am very impressed with the dedication and desire of the members. Maybe one day I can be a mash monster also. My name is wade m. not to be confused with wade g. I am 45 years old 6'2" tall 190 lbs. Been involved with weights since 14 years old. Unfortunately injuries keep me from hitting the heavy poundages any more. I still do dips,pullups,and recently started doing farmers walks with thick handled dumbells (70 lbs each hand for 400')I have no idea if this is any good or not but it sure pumps my forearms.Recently purchased an ivanko super gripper been using it for a couple of weeks I can close it at the 12 and 1 position which is supposed to be 210 lbs. I am using a high grip so I am hoping that figure is correct.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to whether I should get a coc 2 or save my money and get the coc 3. My immediate goal is to get certified on the 3.

Keep up the good work guys.

Hey guys, I am looking forward to learning a lot about strengthening my grip from some of you more experienced trainers. Here are some current stats on me:

Height -5'11"

Weight-178 lbs

Age-31

PR squat 405

PR bench 260

PR Deadlift- 380

PR clean/jerk-110kg

PR Snatch-90kg

My current training involves 4 days per week lifting, 2 or 3 running sprint intervals. My lifts consist of deadlift/squat (I alternate 4 week cycles on each while testing myself in the other once per week), standing mil press, push press, overhead squats, and clean/snatch pull. Most workouts I use 80% 3 sets of 3 reps or 10 total singles. I use my #2 coc gripper a few times per week and hope to finally close it all the way soon. It seems that no matter what I do, I just can't fully close that thing and would love to learn some ideas on how to close it and start working on the #3. My next grip purchase will likely be a rolling thunder handle.

Welcome to the family of the greatest grip athletes in the world! You will learn a lot of valuable information from these guys, I know that I have so far. I will be glad to help as well. A rolling thunder is a great buy. :rock

Edited by ironorr

I'm brand new. US Marine active duty, interested in fuctional strength primarily for tactical purposes.

Goals: close #3coc and crush a closed beer can.

Semper Fi Mac.

Marine from Camp Pendleton here. :flame

Welcome to the board.

Hi everyone, my name is Tom Suk. I'm 27, about 5' 8" and 165 lbs. I've met a few people on the Board already including Big Steve. I was also Greg Amidon's official Ironmind Red Nail witness. Most of the training I do is with kettlebells and stuff off of Dragondoor.com. I will be attending the October RKC. I love all aspects of grip training and am very new and trying to learn all I can. There are many things in the world of grip strength I would like to accomplish; too many to list. Aside from just getting my hands stronger my main focus right now is to lift an Inch Replica. Greg had a profound influence on me joining the site and I'm glad I did.

Hi Im George

I train powerlifting (first comp was April this year) with grip on the side. I got into training with the grippers after seeing the Diesel Crew vids posted on Dr Squat.

Currently training 3 times a week. Striving to close the no3 at the moment. 5mm away is my pr. Ive only trained pinch grip for 2 weeks now so Im still getting into that but best pinch so far is 2x15kg plates.

Hi my name is Perry I am a powerlifter. I am very interested in gripping power.

I have done the usual stuff ex: wrist curls and wrist roller. I recently got int the Iron mind grippers. I have the 3 and 4 grippers, I closed the 2 that a friend of mine has. I am about an inch from closing the 3 looking for training advice and tips on how to close it. I have the Joe Kenney tape which realy inspired me. I have done some looking arround and think this site is great.

I am about 5feet 6 inches tall weigh 260

My best lift is bench press held Ontario record 418, best in gym 485.

1/4 squat 14 45 's 20 second holds.same for shrugs with straps

Perry

Hi all!!

My name is Helder and i've been lurking for some time,i think i should introduce myself.

Age- 30 years old

Heigth- 183cm

Weigth- 75kg

Nationality - Portuguese

I've been training with weigths for some time but started to get more interested in grip training this year.I have the Trainer and the #1 COC,which i can close with some effort;also have a loading pin and wooden cube at the gym,been doing some plate pinches with two 10kg plates.Today i bougth 2 pairs of pony clamps...boy,they are hard :yikes

My short term goals are:

-Close the #2 Coc gripper

-Plate pinch 2 15kg plates

I think the board is great,have learn a lot and hope to continue to learn with the more experienced members.

Helder

Hi,

My name is Nick and I am new here.

I am an ex olympic lifter (when I was younger....).

I am trying to close the #3 COC gripper. I can close the #2, but dont seem to be making progress as fast as I thougt.

I currently train 2 times a week on the grippers. I do a warm up set with the Trainer and another with the #1. Then 3 sets with the 2 and 2 sets with the Ivanko gripper. I can also close the Heavgrip 250.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Nick