• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Knight

• jad

• blueviper42

• mightyjoe

Paul crushed everyone in the novice 242's. He probably would have placed top 4 in the opens. Maybe top 3.

Good job Paul!

Paul crushed everyone in the novice 242's. He probably would have placed top 4 in the opens. Maybe top 3.

Good (K)Night! To all the opponents.

Congratulations Paul!

Here's a few of my matches (The ones Chris were able to shoot). I think all of them got filmed, I just need to track down who filmed the rest.

Awesome bud! I like the one where the guy tried to take off early twice and both times you just held him!

Domination! Congrats, Paul. Hope the elbow's healthy.

Here's a link to a pic of Paul's first match/first tournament of

his potentially HUGE AW'ing career!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9889

AWESOME job Paul!!!

Awesome bud! I like the one where the guy tried to take off early twice and both times you just held him!

Thanks Josh. That was Gabe Moore. I've been told he's a real good arm wrestler. Below is a video of him beating James Chancey the same day in the open who is suppose to be very good too I hear. Anyone heard of James Chancey?

Here's a link to a pic of Paul's first match/first tournament of

his potentially HUGE AW'ing career!

http://www.gripboard...leryℑ=9889

AWESOME job Paul!!!

Thanks for the sweet picture Joe!

Edited by Paul Knight

I mentioned on the YouTube video Paul that you're the kind of guy that other guys thank after losing to you. That's how nice of a guy you are and how non-cocky you come across in everything.

I mentioned on the YouTube video Paul that you're the kind of guy that other guys thank after losing to you. That's how nice of a guy you are and how non-cocky you come across in everything.

I noticed that as well in the video. Class act.

That was a great video Paul. Well done!

Gabe Moore is good (at the amateur level), but I wouldn't say that he is "real good" yet. At the rate he's improving, he'll be competitive in a real pro class in a year or two. He's not a novice, but he's not quite a pro yet either. James Chancy is good and definitely a pro right handed, but left handed he's probably not quite at the pro level. I was trying to get James Chancy to armwrestle with Paul after the tournament, but Paul's elbows were bothering him so we decided it wasn't in his best interest. Paul still is new to armwrestling, so he still has a lot of room for improvement with his technique. I think he already has the strength to give some legitimate pros a hard match, his technique just needs to be honed more so that he can maximally apply his power.

Edited by thewalrus

Mark Nutsch is who won the pro 242 I think? He's the best puller you've never heard of. If you wanted to feel a high caliber 242: Mark would have been the guy to grip up with. He also has fingers like beer bottle necks so that would have been an interesting grip-up.

Gabe Moore is good (at the amateur level), but I wouldn't say that he is "real good" yet. At the rate he's improving, he'll be competitive in a real pro class in a year or two. He's not a novice, but he's not quite a pro yet either. James Chancy is good and definitely a pro right handed, but left handed he's probably not quite at the pro level. I was trying to get James Chancy to armwrestle with Paul after the tournament, but Paul's elbows were bothering him so we decided it wasn't in his best interest. Paul still is new to armwrestling, so he still has a lot of room for improvement with his technique. I think he already has the strength to give some legitimate pros a hard match, his technique just needs to be honed more so that he can maximally apply his power.

+1 on the mechanics: he kept dumping his own wrist and was using basically straight side pressure although it looked like he was backloading in the grip ups(?): all basic stuff that everybody does when they first start. Once he gets the techniques down and starts to hit he could be a great 198# in short order.

+1 on the mechanics: he kept dumping his own wrist and was using basically straight side pressure although it looked like he was backloading in the grip ups(?): all basic stuff that everybody does when they first start. Once he gets the techniques down and starts to hit he could be a great 198# in short order.

backloading? .. is that the same as back pressure?

Goo job Paul! You beat Gabe Moore and he shouldn't even have been in that novice class, I love when a non-novice pulls novice and gets beat :D

doing a quick search on Gabe, in February he won the 242 an 243+ novice classes right handed at New Mexico States, and won 243+ left novice and got 2nd in 242 open left. He also won the right hand 242 amateur class at last year's Europa Pro-Am.

Congrats Paul, helluva first comp !

Paul, that is awesome. You got a whole article!

Speaking of Ronnie Coleman, here's a tribute song someone made for ronnie coleman. "Light weight baby". An acoustic overture to a great body builder. It's pretty funny.

Paul, that is awesome. You got a whole article!

Speaking of Ronnie Coleman, here's a tribute song someone made for ronnie coleman. "Light weight baby". An acoustic overture to a great body builder. It's pretty funny.

Thats funny as hell ... lol

BTW, you going to Contraband days?

Edited by Paul Knight