Bright Stars Of Grip..time To Shine!

1stCoC

Devon Larratt

Hey Josh, do you have some "grip info" about Devon?

I don't but having met him at the Arnolds and gripping up with him so he could show me some things, I'll say he has a HUGE hand and more importantly, very long fingers,and obviously a very strong guy. I think he would excel at thickbar which is what the Mighty Mitts is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• mobsterone

• andurniat

• climber511

Climber good suggestions and glad to see Andrew as usual "doing not saying". Big Rich has raised is head and smelled the air of competition so from what I gather he is "training"....hard.I do think we had a wonderful group last year and now knowing better the events perhaps the technique and trainig will pay off Jedd, Chad, wade and Steven should be raring to go with the talent they have. Cris James a underground cult figure as he seems to be might be a welcome addition to the mix better step forward if interested. The strongest 60+ year old gripman Odd is still one to be respected and reconed with if invited. I would like to know if Chris Rice with his gung ho attitude and skills might want to meet us there to help the Mighty mitts "crew" event setup and logistics.RS

I'd like to to but cannot afford to lose the $1000 it cost me last time. :blush

"They do not." <--- I thought Laine Snook held the RT world record at once? Was this not a competition?

Do not as opposed to 'used to'. Laine has and the Holles never have.

Climber good suggestions and glad to see Andrew as usual "doing not saying". Big Rich has raised is head and smelled the air of competition so from what I gather he is "training"....hard.I do think we had a wonderful group last year and now knowing better the events perhaps the technique and trainig will pay off Jedd, Chad, wade and Steven should be raring to go with the talent they have. Cris James a underground cult figure as he seems to be might be a welcome addition to the mix better step forward if interested. The strongest 60+ year old gripman Odd is still one to be respected and reconed with if invited. I would like to know if Chris Rice with his gung ho attitude and skills might want to meet us there to help the Mighty mitts "crew" event setup and logistics.RS

Richard - It would be an honor to help out - thanks! Let me know the plan as things get closer and I'll be where needed.

I'd like to to but cannot afford to lose the $1000 it cost me last time. :blush

"They do not." <--- I thought Laine Snook held the RT world record at once? Was this not a competition?

Do not as opposed to 'used to'. Laine has and the Holles never have.

I think it would be worth inviting Laine snook, Nathan Holle and Chris James , in the hope of a positive response? Has anyone invited them before?

Do they need to have been in a competition to be eligible to enter this competition?

Edited by Terrygrip

Chris has, for all his feats etc, competed once in grip - tearing his bicep. Lain has other matters to deal with (for him to mention) and the Holle's have been clear on not wanting to.

A few months ago Chris's son (I think) was posting some very good videos in terms of the feats done. Chris was even updating his training log. If he's at his best he's a contender for sure. It would be awesome to see him compete some more. Also there is no V-bar at this competition so another bicep tear is unlikely :D

Richard, this is a long shot, but my buddy David Thorton would be another grip world guy that may deserve a shot. He is competitive with Jedd, Andrew, and CHad, and I think has beaten all of them except Chad, missing by maybe a point or two at a few contests. I admit he won't be an amazing draw but in terms of "grip scene" cred he deserves it as much as anybody.

He is as humble as they come, so he won't jump in and give any credentials.

Chris James should be invited for sure.

I pestered poor Chris for the Fit Expo for about a month until he answered me. Granted, it is almost 3000 miles farther than Ohio, but he was not up for it, and appreciated the invite. He is definitely qualified, and perhaps 12 less hours in the air might appeal to him.

I forgot where this was being held. Still think it would be worth inviting Chris James again, and also just sending an invite to Nathan Holle and Laine Snook aswell as others. Would be nice to get all the best together

Richard - I doubt there are many (any) guys out there that belong on that stage that you don't know about already.

There is at least one Chris ... Ross Love ... he's a new grip phenom who recently rolled up on the set. He is the real deal

I also would vote for Jedd, Andrew, laine, Chad, and Steve

Richard - I doubt there are many (any) guys out there that belong on that stage that you don't know about already.

There is at least one Chris ... Ross Love ... he's a new grip phenom who recently rolled up on the set. He is the real deal

I also would vote for Jedd, Andrew, laine, Chad, and Steve

Paul - I have to agree with you - sounds like Ross is ready for the big leagues and the main stage already. Heck I already don't like him - his first contest and he beat me on the Euro Pinch and knocked me down a slot on the top 50 list hehe! I have the feeling this year will see some absolutely huge changes in that list. Lots of guys making big progress on it. I'd sure like to be one of them this year. Great lifting Ross!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am anxious to see how the grip contest at the Fit Expo will go this coming weekend. I assume several of the competitors will be selected for the "big show" at the Arnold's Mighty Mitts and be included in the invite list. I know Chad and Andrew are going to be at the Viking Challenge they should do well.I would think Dr. Todd should have a press release shortly after. Glad to see the public status of handstrength growing.Good luck to Odd and the boys! RS

Thanks for the kind word Paul and Chris... An invitation to the Arnold would definitely be amazing.

Can anyone please tell me the events? I'm not familiar with them last year.

Thanks for the kind word Paul and Chris... An invitation to the Arnold would definitely be amazing.

Can anyone please tell me the events? I'm not familiar with them last year.

I know some of them .... double inch farmers, 500lb axle deadlift for reps on custom barbell (w/knurling). Anvil carry for distance (Jowlett - sp?) pick up a HUGE dumbbell out of it's box (no one could do it) and can't remember any of the other events

Those were last years ... have no idea what's happening this year

Edited by Paul Knight

173 pound Anvil farmers walk

500 pound DO axle deadlift for reps (knurling on the bar)

Double Inch DB farmers walk

Mark Henry Db lifgt out of box- 300 pounds- I dont think anyone got this.

edit- paul beat me to it

Edited by DanCottle

Dr. Todd and I have hashed out what I think is the new 4th event(Henry Bell will be an all strength events open side event). In the Mighty Mitts after much deliberation on the saftey of Giant's wrists in a club or lever raise we decided to address another facet of grip .....pinch... probably a two handed affair that uses equipment and format available,understood, and appreciated by most. Dr. Todd will have the final say but the grip men better(just a hint) get doing pinch holds, carries and resistive pinch drags.Exact rules soon to follow. RS

Dr. Todd and I have hashed out what I think is the new 4th event(Henry Bell will be an all strength events open side event). In the Mighty Mitts after much deliberation on the saftey of Giant's wrists in a club or lever raise we decided to address another facet of grip .....pinch... probably a two handed affair that uses equipment and format available,understood, and appreciated by most. Dr. Todd will have the final say but the grip men better(just a hint) get doing pinch holds, carries and resistive pinch drags.Exact rules soon to follow. RS

Excellent. Great inclusion.

Can make incremental exercise in the form of Rolling Thunder, or Millennium DB, or 202 lbs 3 "circus DB? :rolleyes

It would be very interesting, dumbbell Millennium lift 7 people, circus 6 people.

I'd like to see who is stronger than all of this world - Brian or Rich. :whistel

Excellent. Great inclusion.

Interesting and painful sounding!!

Sounds awesome.

I would bring my Euro Pinch if needed. We could do a last man standing...just throwing it out there :whistel