Bright Stars Of Grip..time To Shine!

1stCoC

. It is 9 weeks out to the Arnold Classic and in a meeting on Sat. With Dr. Todd we both agreed to open the gates for suggestions of who are the grip monsters of the day that should be considered for invitation to the second Mighty Mitts Competition . Prizes will I think be increased and standing on "THE" stage with a crowd of thousands watching will certainly add to a competitors credibility and legend. We would appreciate suggestions from you the grip community for new potential competitors, past competitors that have continued interest, and a resume' from perhaps a few new rising stars. We will strive to make the event better each year and further kindle the grip flame worldwide. We welcome and seek your support. Richard Sorin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1stCoC

• mobsterone

• andurniat

• climber511

Have the events been selected? This may help in determining which grip athletes would be best to invite. Will there be an emphasis on thick bar stuff like last year?

Thanks for your hard work in putting this together!

Great to hear. It would be awesome to be up there again this year if selected. My performance at the upcoming FitExpo ViseGrip Viking challenge will hopefully be strong enough.

Last years group was tremendous and I would like to see what some arm wrestlers who have recently smashed a 3.5 can do in other events; namely, Ioan Cristian Puscasu and Sergey Daragan. Also, I know Phil Pfister has some huge paws and would be great to see him compete.

I certainly would love to be up on the stage again this year if voted in.

It would be awesome to see Pinch contested, but regardless of the events I will train my ass off. Thankfully, my fingers that were hurt last year have given me no problems at all for several months, and I am NOT playing basketball with my buddies this year so that I don't screw them up again!

I'd like to stand next to Juha Harju up there.

Glad to hear that there will be a Mighty Mitts 2.

Jedd

Im just curious why is it an invitation only event? Also I hope there is a bit of variety from last year. You should include a one hand deadlift :upsidedwn

Edited by DanCottle

According to Dr. Todd's and Arnold's sponsors wishes we will retain the three events and equipment of last year moving the Henry Dumbbell to a side event challenge and adding a medley type lever event.Dr. Todd will soon give an official account of rules, event equipment, and based on who are the most gifted grippers for the challenge who will be invited. I think the first year was a success enjoyed by many, and will continue to evolve and grow in a positive manner. Thanks for your input and support of these strong men!RS

Devon Larratt

Hey Josh, do you have some "grip info" about Devon?

Devon's grip is good, but not quite comparable to the guys who are invited to this event. Not to say that he doesn't have the potential to get stronger if he chose to specifically focus on grip training rather than on armwrestling training.

Great to hear. It would be awesome to be up there again this year if selected. My performance at the upcoming FitExpo ViseGrip Viking challenge will hopefully be strong enough.

Last years group was tremendous and I would like to see what some arm wrestlers who have recently smashed a 3.5 can do in other events; namely, Ioan Cristian Puscasu and Sergey Daragan. Also, I know Phil Pfister has some huge paws and would be great to see him compete.

I talked with Sergey Daragan, he is still thinking.

What about Laine Snook or Nathan Holle. Also as a few other have said Sergey Daragan

I don't think Laine or Nathan do grip comps.

I think it will somehow depend on the events?

Even on the WSM they had competitors who couldn't even budge the deadlift event for one rep.

I think the events should not be events chosen such that overall body strength does not become a limiting factor if that makes sense.

We have guys here on the board with HUGE World Class grips, but compared to top level strongman competitor they would be at a disadvantage where the overall body strength plays into the event. Does this make sense?

Even on the WSM they had competitors who couldn't even budge the deadlift event for one rep.

I think the events should not be events chosen such that overall body strength does not become a limiting factor if that makes sense.

We have guys here on the board with HUGE World Class grips, but compared to top level strongman competitor they would be at a disadvantage where the overall body strength plays into the event. Does this make sense?

No.

The limiting factor is what makes strength so much fun. Don't get mad, just get better(or stronger).

I could piss and moan about being 230# bodyweight and Brian Shaw being 405# for the fitexpo comp all I want, but it's not going to do a lick of good. I've trained my butt off and plan to beat him and the others.

Get excited to see grip sport explode.

They do not.

Can you get in touch with them? to ask. Would be great to see these in action. What about Chris James, I know he's a member here.

(also very happy that i just worked out how to use the quote button, not to good with computer)

Edited by Terrygrip

"They do not." <--- I thought Laine Snook held the RT world record at once? Was this not a competition?

I did question last year if the weight of 500 was "too heavy" Dr. Todd did remind me it is less than half of the present the world record weight in the deadlift and said "surely" (all that competed could)a 500 lb. should be within the capabilities of a "strong man". The other events are lighter in weight 344lbs for Inch pair, and 173 for the Jowett anvil.RS

Chris James should be invited for sure.

No.

The limiting factor is what makes strength so much fun. Don't get mad, just get better(or stronger).

I could piss and moan about being 230# bodyweight and Brian Shaw being 405# for the fitexpo comp all I want, but it's not going to do a lick of good. I've trained my butt off and plan to beat him and the others.

Darn it Andrew - when are you gonna start posting your grip workouts on your site? You've told me at least twice you would start doing so - let's get with it! :)

Richard - I doubt there are many (any) guys out there that belong on that stage that you don't know about already. Maybe a few of the Strongmen that are already up on stage for the main event - the odd arm wrestler with the necessary body strength maybe. Perhaps some pro football player I don't know about - you might look at the few guys who have completed the GNC challenge? Some guy training in his garage - possible of course but not likely.

No.

Darn it Andrew - when are you gonna start posting your grip workouts on your site? You've told me at least twice you would start doing so - let's get with it! :)

Here's a link to a short farmer's walk from last week for you chris: 375# per hand

Edited by ADurniat

Better than Triple BW - nice!!!